Brattleboro Memorial Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good comunity hospital
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTSeptember 11, 2017
Close knit department. Wish we had more nursing education opportunities. In Vermont we cannot attend in- services if food is provided by a pharmacy.....which is difficult when the nurses from New Hampshire, etc are all having dinner that is paid for by the pharm reps....and we have to sit through that, or pay for our own dinner.....which doesn't seem fair or right....feels very exclusive. It's too bad, because the in-services tend to be very, very good.
Pros
worked with wonderful physicans and Nurse practioners
Cons
Sometimes hard to have a day off
an awesome facilty
Lead inpatient therapist (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJuly 30, 2017
the best work place ever with an amazing caring staff and not chaos or stressed I had at other places. Would love to move this place to texas instead of leave in in new england
Dont remember much....
Sweep and mop work area and dishwasher room (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VT 05301July 6, 2017
Normal day was making dishes for patients and pushing a metal serving container around the hospital to the different floors where the patients were. It was several years ago so I dont really fully remember anything else.
Fair..
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTMarch 29, 2017
The thing I enjoyed most about working in Environmental services, was the staff. The job itself wasn't bad, and I gained lots of knowledge that could come in handy elsewhere, however, the environment was very poor and the manager was impossible to deal with, and in my opinion not deserving of the job, the Supervisor was more deserving than she.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Poor management
good environment
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTDecember 21, 2016
at Brattleboro as a student radiographer id do ER Inpatients and out patients, even orthopedic patients

I learned a lot of new tricks when it comes to x-raying a difficult patient their.
Pros
staff
Cons
the drive
Great work/life balance, dedicated to managers!
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJuly 8, 2016
One of the most inspiring parts of working at BMH was that the direct management had semi-regular management training sessions and the Lead over me would constantly utilize the skills they had learned to try and better the department. They were able to keep the department feeling informal and 'family-like' while still maintaining a high demand for excellence.
Pros
Flexible work time
Cons
Unpaid lunches
best place to work,very busy,lots of patient
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  brattleboro,vtAugust 30, 2014
patient contact,very busy placelove drawing blood,did housecalls as well,secretary work.
Pros
doing a great job
Cons
short breaks
Upper Management style unhealthy for rural hospital, Physician and staff wonderful to work with
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day in my position was completing Medical Staff Applications, completing background checks for new physicians applying for their addition to Medical Staff. I worked with Extremely sensitive information and data bases, with critical deadlines.

I learned to work closely with outside entities to gather data for completion of my work. My co-workers were critical in getting information to me to complete my tasks, they are some of the best to work with.

New Management lacked the ability to work in a Rural Community Hospital setting. Monetary decisions were made before critical work force needs. No regard for competency of work force.

The most difficult part of working in this setting was going to a staff member for information, only to learn that they were discharged the previous day, leaving critical information required unattainable.

The most enjoyable part of my position was working with competent and caring Physicians and staff that worked to provide the best patient care to the local community.
Pros
Great Medical Staff
Cons
Volital work environment, New Administrative management style not condusive to a rural hospital setting
Colleagues are great!
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTAugust 30, 2013
Very high stress environment. Colleagues are great, but management can be difficult to deal with.
Very fast and busy office
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTAugust 10, 2012
Answering a multi line phone system, greeting and checking in/out patients, filing, entering demographics,

What I learned was to improve my customer service skills and do the best job that I can do for my self and employer.

I can work alone or as part of a team I enjoy working as a team player and like to be proactive.
Able to learn many new dishes. Use of Gym.
Cook/ Baker (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro Vt.November 29, 2011
I had the chance to learn new recipes for hot and cold dishes, I was allowed to refine my baking by having the access to almost any foods and baking needs.