Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores

Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores Employee Reviews

Typical fast food job.
Part time Crew Member (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, flexible schedules
Cons: Busy environment
Work here consists of serving customers, using a cash register, and cleaning constantly. Management is fair, and they are very flexible with school schedules. I learned to use a register efficiently. The hardest part of the job was being able to work in a very hectic and busy environment. The most enjoyable part was working with fun people.
Ok place
Manager (Current Employee), Ardmore, OkAugust 24, 2015
Pros: good staff
Cons: management
Its an ok place to work looking for something a little more team orientated. I think that the training could have been better set up
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 19, 2015
Policies constantly change and expectations are always changing also. But, overall good place to work. District mangers can be a bit over the top with demands.
Store Manager
General Manager (Current Employee), OKC, OKAugust 18, 2015
No quality of life. Your job is always threatened. Expect phone calls on your day off and held responsible for everything, even if it is out of your control. Expect to be micro-managed and have unrealistic goals.
Too many Rules
Crew (Former Employee), OKCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Working Lunch
Cons: Working Nights
It could be an ok place to work if you work Lunch hours. I'm not sure if all Braum's are the same way but our store has a policy where your not allowed to leave your crew position between 11-1:30. When it's slow there is so much that could be getting done that isn't being done. Also for Lunch they schedule very heavy. Meaning there are crew people in every position and then some. So Lunch is really easy to work. However Dinner crew gets half the people. This makes no sense to me whats so ever. We would have 15 scheduled for lunch when we needed 11 maybe 12 and Dinner/Night time would get maybe 6-7 people scheduled. Yes it's not as busy at night but Night Crew works twice has hard where the Lunch crew did nothing.
Not really a good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sapulpa, OKAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Discount food
Cons: Terrible staff and managers.
I enjoyed Braums as my first job but then it just got to crazy. My manager at the time was very rude and mean because she had some problems going on at home. I was not excited to go to work it was not the place i wanted to be anymore.
Very fast paced environment.
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee), Sherman, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: 15% discount on all items.
Cons: Not enough trained personnel to meet speed of service goals.
I loved my job until I went into management. Shift leaders and assistant managers are talked down to and belittled by the store GM. in front of other employees. They are also given a workload that's too much for one person.
Fun and a great place to work at.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Health benefits and wages
Cons: short breaks
The hardest part of my job was having to leave early if we were slow. The easiest part of my job was getting a long with my co-workers and store manager. I loved working for Braum's, My days were always busy and I got a long with my manager really well. My manager taught me how to be a good manager and how to train employees.
I really didn't like working there. It was only my first job.
Casher / Cook (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXAugust 8, 2015
Pros: The customers
Cons: The work place
I was not pleased with my job there at all the management was terrible. The employees were not hard workers and some of the customers were always rude.
Crew Member
Crew Member (Former Employee), Granbury, TXAugust 7, 2015
ยท Crew Members carry out a number of job duties designed to ensure outstanding customer service and food quality. The entry-level position involves taking customer orders, preparing orders following customer and company standards, keeping each location clean, and completing other assigned work as needed. Employees who display motivation and excellent customer service skills often progress into shift supervisor positions.
I loved working in this store
Crew Member (Former Employee), McAlester, OKAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment
Cons: I moved away
Each day was always fun
I learned how to multi task by working drive thru as i was doing dishes or making the food
Management was very helpful
My co-workers were more like a family
braums
Cashier (Former Employee), Sapulpa, OKAugust 2, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with were nice
Cons: it was so cold
we were always so busy that the time would pass by without us having to loo at a clock. Never cared about the time because it seemed like I had just got there at closing time.
Good People friendly place
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKJuly 31, 2015
Pros: discount food
I came to work at 5:30am to get ready for the morning shift when we opened at 6am. Worked all morning through breakfast and the switch over to lunch. My coworkers were really nice especially half of the management staff. The hardest part was getting the times on the food coming out on time and if you missed the time you got dinged for it and a strict talking to. I loved that everybody could work together and have fun at the same time.
Food service management is harder than it might seem
Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 31, 2015
Managed a store in a tough location. Lots of hours worked to achieve goals. Had a great crew that was willing to commit and sacrifice for the greater good.
Busy workplace
Cash Register (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Working in area alone
Cons: Co-workers werent friendly
A typical day at work (Braums) consisted of a lot of customers and fast work. I learned how to communicate with people and how to move quickly. My co-workers were distant form me, they did their own thing aside from me. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the customers. The most enjoyable part was working the cash register and keeping things stocked.
Productive and fun place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee), Denison, TxJuly 23, 2015
I enjoy working at Braum's because it works very well with my schedule. The management changes very often, so its best never to get use to the way one person works.
Who doesnt like serving ice cream
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moore, OKJuly 8, 2015
No bennifts and 5.15 per hr makes the job hard to complement but the fun was good and the ice cream is some of the best in the country.
Good first time job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Mustang, OKJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Discounts on food items and grocery.
Cons: Go home smelling like food.
I worked at many of the different possible work zones while there. I started at grocery, which taught me good organization methods and multi-tasking as I had to stock and work cash register.
Working the ice-cream register I learned to take pride in the little things and treated my ice-cream as art, and that pleased customers.
Time at dinner/lunch register taught me to appreciate good customer service and listening skills.
Time spent working the grill taught me how to cook many different dishes on a flat iron skillet.
Management was typically fair but strict, as they mostly dealt with High School students.
Co-workers varied, many didn't take the job seriously as it was a part-time high school job. Worked better with the management.
Hardest job was managing sudden large food rushes.
The most enjoyable was taking pride in creating good tasting food.
Stable
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKJuly 6, 2015
Got to work with ice cream and burgers all day. I learned how to use a cash register and have good customer service. Had great managers and co-workers.
Fast Food
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Ozark, MOJune 28, 2015
Typical fast food joint. Pretty easy job for the money. Decent schedule. Good food. A bunch of teenage coworkers. Some busy days some slow days.
Industry