Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores

Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores Employee Reviews in United States

Good starter job, but terrible past part-time.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 6, 2016
Braum's isn't a terrible place to work for a young adult who doesn't have many responsibilities or who may be getting into the job market.
However going past Full-Time the job is awful.

Customers can be blatantly rude and the employees are expected to take it or they will be fired without warning.

Corporate commonly fires people over ridiculous reasons such as getting ice cream on their apron or forgetting to up-sale. It isn't unheard of for them to fire an entire stores staff over one mistake. However the store management is usually pretty good.

The work environment is VERY fast paced, and VERY stressful. The speed of service demands are extremely unreasonable for the lacking equipment employees are given.

All in all Braums isn't a good place to work unless you plan on finding a new job soon after.

You can get as many or as few hours as you want if you are good, however the benefits are a joke.
Pros
Good pay for starter job, 15% discount in grocery
Cons
Awful benefits, managment is okay, corperate fires people for rediculous reasons
Overall wonderful place with wonderful people
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work would be helping costumers and serving them ice cream or what ever kinds of needs they need. The co-workers were wonderful. They were easy to get along with and work with. The management was decent, they were understanding but sometimes narrow minded or very commanding. The hardest part would be dealing with costumers who didn't want to cooperate with you. The most enjoyable part was seeing smiling faces on the costumers when they got their food.
Pros
Discounted meals and groceries
Cons
No benefits, little pay.
Enjoyable coworkers & properly managed
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2015
A typical day at work would include prepping all food for the day's consumption, followed promptly by working the cash register and receiving orders through the back drive thru. Handling customer payments while efficiently using my time to also wash dishes.

Management was fantastic. It always felt as if any concerns I had were viewed and handled.

Coworkers were amazing. Almost like a small family.

The most difficult thing to do at Braum's was handling the time to do dishes while taking orders on a busy day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with the people I worked with.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, and great employees.
Cons
Long hours on feet.
Great entry-level job in Customer Service
cashier customer service (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 1, 2015
Wonderful place to learn how to properly communicate with people. Fast paced environment. Customers change rapidly so one must be able to accommodate. Teamwork and communication is essential. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting a diverse number of customers. The most difficult part of the job would be working with new coworkers; however, in those situations, I was able to show my leadership skills.
Pros
Eligible for advancement
Cons
no benefits/vacation for part time employees
fun, friendly place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work for me is steady not to busy not to slow, through out my time here I've learned management & leadership experience. Management pushes you while teaching you. The hardest part of my job may be easing over a dis satisfied customer, which I tend to care strongly about because the customers come first with out them their would be no us.. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am comfortable and I have very humble and friendly co workers.
Pros
hospitality
benefits
Its a good place to work if you're in high school
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2016
I would clock in get ice cream for customers make shakes, i learned stocking, cash handling, and how to run the grocery area by myself management was pretty cool. Co-workers were fine most of the time I worked with high school kids so sometimes there was drama. Hardest part was running back and forth from grocery to ice cream. Most enjoyable part of the job for me when it was slow.
Working with the kids was the best part.
CASHIER/COOK (Former Employee) –  Guthrie, OKFebruary 9, 2016
I would come in and assist the teacher and administer breaks for each teacher. I learned how to take care of children properly. The management was horrible, she was very rude. Some of the co-workers were rough with the kids. The job was very easy when they taught me the rules and regulations for everything.
Pros
Free lunch, the children were fun to work with
Cons
I barely got bathroom breaks
Wonderful place to work but....
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOAugust 14, 2016
The management takes sides and picks favorites. There's a huge turn over rate because of it. The people that stay get burnt out quickly or are overworked because the mangers don't know how to schedule for the amount of business the stores get. I loved working there, it was a fun job and I really wanted to rise up through the company becoming a manger and so on. But like I said the mangers play favorites.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Managment
Typical Teen job
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 31, 2016
Working at Braum's was a typical teen part time after school job. Work There was simple enough nothing to complicated. Most management was Straight forword so if you did your job you were fine.
I guess its good for some people...
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 18, 2016
I'm a current employee at Braums but leaving soon. When I first worked there, I really loved it. I met my co-workers and it seemed like it would be a job I really would love. But overtime I have learned about how miserable it can be to work at Braums. First off, I've been a "learning, training Student Employee" since the first day I began working there. I would especially think that since I am 18 that I should be promoted. I think working here is ridiculous to be quiet honest. It gets busy and they are constantly rushing. If they would hire more help and have more help working everyday, we wouldn't have to rush making shakes and giving customers food that isn't all the way cooked yet. The co-workers also act very stuck up. It used to get so bad for me I would go home and cry after wards.
Unless you like being treated with disrespect or rushing to get incomplete things done and like to smell everyday like grease from a grease trap that should be cleaned, I would recommend another job.
Pros
Ice cream and food
Cons
I wasnt allowed a break, rushing, incomplete tasks
Great atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TXJune 7, 2016
Prep workplace
I learned how to make an excellent Braums burger, shakes/malts, sundaes, and cones.
Great management.
We all help each other for a steady and speedy work flow.
The hardest part of the job was agreeing with a customer even when you know there wrong.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the same customers, knowing they liked customer service and enjoyed there meal.
Pros
Good management, positive work place, flexible schedule
Working there
Fresh Market Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 28, 2016
Working at Braums was a good experience. Learned alot. Management wasn't very kind at times. Needs better Organization with staff and schedules
Cons
Unfair bossy staff
The company itself is not bad. But watch the management.
Full Time Market (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 27, 2016
Overall I had a good experience with Braum's. The leave I didn't have a problem with. The people I worked with I still talk to and most likely will for a long time. But the treatment of employees needs to be addressed, and quickly. I discovered fast that the managers, not the ones in store, but the district and area managers in particular, did not like me. I noticed a pattern while working there. I saw several people come and go, but the reason were these managers. They would find a problem, and instead of addressing it and taking responsibility they chose to delegate the problem to someone who simply could not handle the issue. Either because they had an already full workload, or even because they didn't have the authority to do so. It went through the cycle until the delegation landed on me. I was even called on my day off to ask why things were bad at the store. How can I impact something when I'm not even there? It was unfair and tiresome, and stemmed from the managers inability to take responsibility for their own mistakes. Overall the place was good because of the people, but the managements treatment of employees was completely out of line.
Fun and Fast Paced
Fast Food Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 11, 2016
Braum's was an amazing first job to have. Everyone working there was super nice and knew how to balance work with lightheartedness, and made rush hours bearable. Sometimes the work was very busy and difficult, but guaranteed half hour breaks and being able to eat on break made it worth it.
Pros
Discounts on food, garunteed breaks, busy and fun environment, above minimum wage
Cons
Insane rushes
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2016
Worst management, resources, pay and company structure I've ever seen. No one has any idea what is going on, the software they use is trash, there's no consistent adherence to policy and so you never know what you're allowed to do or not. Management is lazy, worthless and incompetent. Unbelievable lack of professionalism at literally every level.
Pros
Cons
Work for a food company, pay for your own meals. Idiotic management, total lack of business acumen, awful work environment
ok place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Del City, OKFebruary 3, 2016
it is a good place to work for a kid in high school or as second job for someone that needs one. the management staff wasn't too respectful, liked to tell and demand you to do things rather than ask respectfully. the best thing about the job would have to be the great ice cream they sell.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not too much hours
Ew braums
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Working here was not the best job ever. I had all the pressure of working drive thur all the time. At times not being able to understand the customer, or me getting yelled at for their order not being right. When I wasnt the one in the kitchen making their order.
Pros
free samples of ice cream flavors
Cons
rude employees and customer, no benefits
fun ,lot time
cook,dishwasher,cleaning (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKFebruary 25, 2016
busy , fun ,respect people was cleaning the grill when is dirty or mop floor when close time, co worker was great and hard working , love management was great management
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
short lunch breaks
Bad Place To Work, Rude Down Putting Boss Who Doesn't Respect You, Expects perfection from one person only.
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJune 24, 2016
Truthfully I would NEVER EVER Want to work here or anyone else because it was by far the worst company and the business wasn't correct AT ALL, Though the cleanest, that is all I can say that was good about that Company.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Bad Boss, One Person Job, No Teamwork
Great place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for braums they trained me every single spot in the store expect for manager spot. I love my management alot and co workers always a fun place to work at. the hardest part of the job is short handed all the time.
Pros
getting to know people
Cons
not enough people

Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores Reviews by Location