Bravo Supermarket Employee Reviews in United States

not productive at all
Cashier/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJMay 16, 2016
I've gotten multiple raises and promoted quickly. All of my bosses have been amazing and since I'm a hard worker it has paid off! Always have opportunities for overtime.Not enough pay for the responsibilities given. Sometimes if one person calls in you're understaffed. Depending on your work ethic you can get unmotivated.Needs to be harder on employees who call in a lot or show up late.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 1, 2016
This is definitely a place where one can go to as a part time job. Maybe during school or a 2nd job. The positive thing about this place is that they will make you feel welcomed and make you part of there family.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no weekends off
Minimum Wage & Rude Management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange, NJMay 24, 2016
In work week with typically 2-3 days off, a typical day at work usually consist of 6-8 hour shifts. Breaks are 30 mins. and there is a tiny break room in the back of the store. Most cashiers sit down to eat lunch on their break at register 5, on boxes or crates. The management is pretty unprofessional at times. They seem allow personal issues such as attitudes and personal grudges come into the work environment, which doesn't contribute to a friendly work environment. They also treat other associates differently from others. Luckily all of my co workers were actually pretty cool people. I worked there for a little more than year and was never given an opportunity for advancement. There is food in the back of the store that employees get a $1 discount on. The night manager while working there was rude to some cashiers and customers sometimes and she clearly played favorites when it came to employees, which is never good. She also did not speak English very well
Pros
Free water, Weekly pay check, flexible scheduling, t
Cons
No room for advancement, pay, Management
Poor place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 7, 2016
No safety guidelines
50+ hour per week with low pay
dirty back room
once 1 pallet jack
messy in the back room
co-workers are the only good side in working at bravo
Pros
No pros
Cons
everything
Productive Place
Bilingual Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 16, 2015
My day in the supermarket was always busy and there was always something to do. I was constantly interacting with different types of people. One of the hardest parts of the job i felt like was dealing with a hard customer that didn't understand certain things. Other wise everything else was easier to do. The most enjoyable part would be hard to say my co-workers made my day go by faster and you could say more enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours standing
Cashier
Cashier/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 17, 2015
This was my first job I had while I was attending high school, I was only 16 years when I began working here. Great experience, this job showed me that in order to buy what I wanted I had to work. Made me feel and be independent
Pros
FRIENDLY CO WORKERS
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Productive environment providing fresh produce
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 30, 2015
A typical day for me being employed at Bravo Supermarket was to greet, check out and and bag customer store items. while working there, I learned the technique of how to suggest additional items and offered samples of weekly promotional items to increase store sales. coworkers as a team all provided assistance or information to one another when needed. Knowing that I have done my job effectively based on customer feed back was the most enjoyable part of working there for me.
Pros
Meeting new people in a friendly diverse environment.
working with customers
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 9, 2015
Doing returns for items customer don't want. Faxing documents that customers need fax. Helping customers find items in the store they can not find, and cashing groceries. I learned how to be very patient with the customers and always try to help them out. Management is really good and understanding. Friendly co-worker who are willing to help out with needed. The hardest part of my job is trying to help customers that doesn't speak any English. The most enjoyable part of my job is to always help customers. I love helping people that need my help.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits
Expanded Food market knowledge
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 21, 2015
Clock in, then look for management to see duties of the day.
Usually i would be Stocking, Produce, or maintenance.
Once my job was giving to me i would proceed with looking at each aisle to see what needed to be restocked, what needed to be priced changed, or what needed to be taken off the floor.I would grab my price gun and cart filled with either produce or other foods that need to be restocked then commence to reprice and stock.Once finished id help out with maintenance or produce, i had a very good relationship with staff and general manager so i was considered a stocker/remix which consist of multiple job responsibilities in the food market work place.
Pros
learned great people skills and great organization skills.
Cons
too few hours
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 15, 2015
The people are great, the job is simple, but stable unlike most jobs. The pay at bravo is only 8.00/hr which is really my only complaint. I enjoyed working their and I still have a position if I was ever out of a job to go back.
cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  6767 pembroke rd, pembroke pines floridaMay 19, 2015
I´m ability for start to work now and interesting for costumer services , receptionist.
I loved to help people and learning with other person
I sociability person
I have two kids ( one girl and one boy )
fun place to greet and meet new people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 29, 2014
A typical day at work would be to come in and have a glance in the produce/meat department to see what needs to be rotated, thrown away or what needs to be put out on the floor. I learned to communicate with customers better and have them feel welcomed to shop at Bravo Supermarket. The management was good and they took care of any issues or concerns with the employees/customers. My co-workers were very easy to work with and shared the same passion to strive and get better. The hard part was being able to maintain the store while the holidays were around because of the amount of customers that were in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience I've gained in each department that will help me in the future.
Not a good place to work
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnside, BronxJanuary 30, 2014
Since I started at Bravo supermarket, I noticed the lack of respect and management toward the cashiers. The old employees think they have the right to get involve with the amount of hours you work. The head manager was highly rude and bipolar. You need to be comfortable working with Spanish people mostly Dominicans and tolerate the mood swings of the co-workers and managers.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short break, no weekends off.
Fast past, Interacting with different people everyday, fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2013
A typical day at work involves interacting with different people from all over the world. I learned to be patient with others and able to communicate with them even though we don't speak the same language. my co workers were very helpful and we worked as a whole, a team.hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with someone who doesn't speak English but it got easy over time.Most enjoyable part of work was the environment and just experiencing new things
Pros
free lunch, understanding manager
Cons
health care. schedule
Place to learn to deal with different characteristics and events.
Secretary/Accounting-Payable Bills (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2012
A typical day of work, a lot of duties to do.
I learned to be realistic, and to deal with a lot of responsibilities.
I like to understand different circumstances, while I am deal with employees or customers services.
My co-workers some are part of a team work, and some are not.
The ability and capability to agree with some decisions that are not your responsibility and try to accomplished in mine responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part, is when I do all efforts for good in the company and I am greeting for that.
Cons
not free lunch.
Interesting workplace with high demands
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2012
Bravo Supermarket is a multicultural place and there are millions of customers that come in that speak Spanish and creole. It was difficult being that I only speak English, but my co-workers and close friend that I work with showed me a lot of love and provided plenty of support like true team players and that was the hardest part of the job. I learned to be patient, kind, respectful and smile at all times no matter what type of person your dealing with. Different personalities came in everyday and the best thing that I could do to maintain being a positive person and a productive worker is use the characteristics and traits that i picked up and learned working there
Productive workplace to start
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2013
Great workplace to make friends and learn a lot of stuff that later on you might use but not to stay there your entire life. has no benefits, too much wok for a poor salary. I really loved and enjoyed the time I've worked there i made great friends, that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
flexible schedule, great co-workers
Cons
short brakes, low salary
fun
CASHIER/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 18, 2015
it was fun and exciting the people are so nice and caring i loved it just needed more money but a great first job, tho better off if you speak Spanish but still a great job.
Fun workplace , great mangment!
Cashire/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 3, 2012
I loved working at Bravo supermarket. Everyday was fast-pased and exciting,I learned multiple produce codes for the registers at the sametime i learned about so many new fruits and vegetables!
Pros
learned about diffrent foods and cultures
Cons
short 15 min brakes and no healthcare
Not a good workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poinciana, FLOctober 21, 2013
The managers did not know how to run a business . Had favorites and let others get away with things some of the girls couldn't . Some of the employees have been working there for 3-4 years and has never gotten a raise still working for minimum wage 7.79/hr .
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, minimum wage

2.3