BRAZOSPORT COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TX 77566June 13, 2016
Friendly, people are nice. You work indoors. Off on all major Holidays. Able to spend time with my family. Close proximity to my house.
Pros
Indoors
Cons
low pay
Comfortable work place
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXDecember 15, 2015
The management is great. Everyone in the office is very helpful. The best part is you are inside majority of the time. Typical day consist of answering phones, registering students, and filing paperwork.
awesome place to work
Personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXNovember 9, 2015
love to work with these people i was under. management was great to work with and i made a lot of new friends. It was a steady pace environment where you could make your own scheduled while you took classes there.
Divison AOS (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJuly 21, 2015
This is the best place to work. The staff are professional and courteous and helpful. The campus is absolutely beautiful and very geared towards a learning environment.
A productive work environment
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJuly 19, 2015
I usually would speak to classes in the morning and afternoon, and have appointments with students throughout the day.
Productive and energic place to work
OFFICE ASSISTANT/STUDENT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMay 13, 2015
They work around your personal life, as well as school schedule. They are very easy to work with. I learned how to do clerical work, as well as balance my school work with my job responsibilities.
Secretary Job
Student Worker Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMarch 18, 2015
I absolutely love my job. The coworker and supervisors are all very professional and laid back. I have learned and mastered a new program called wink and Marfa.
A Day at Brazosport College
Administrative Office Specialist (CBIT) (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at Brazosport College for me consists of me replying to emails and returning calls to BASF Coordinators who are interested in scheduling a room at the Coporate Learning Center for an upcoming training or meeting as well as any luncheons or banquets for any clients. I have the best co-workers!! They are all very hardworkers and always willing to help out a teammate at any time. The hardest part of my job is managing mutlitple client accounts at the same time while handling each one differently. Yet, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people with different companies with different responsibilities in all different aspects while gaining valuable knowledge.
Pros
excellent experiences, holiday closures, healthcare, great working hours
Cons
having to work long non-business hours for events, no overtime
Manager College Grants
Grant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TexasFebruary 27, 2015
Working with HGAC and DOE Grants for I&E Development Courses.
Manage the development of curriculum for new and existing courses.
Manage the offering of credit and non-credit courses for those individuals that required additional training in order to be or remain competitive in the workforce.
Pros
awesome working environment.
Cons
none to note.
Hit the ground running with multi faceted community and industry exposure.
Learning Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Welcomed the numerous opportunities to learn more about the life and culture of Brazosport College and intricacies of working at the Center for Business / Industry Training.
Loved It!
career center helper (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXDecember 22, 2014
I really enjoyed my experience working here. I have learned so much in the short time that I have worked here. I have learned many things about financial aid that I didn't know about.
A fun and enjoyable workplace
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXNovember 23, 2014
Tutored college student in Chemistry and Calculus.
. Met new people everyday.
. The most enjoyable part to the job was saw the person with my help made a good grade on the test.
Pros
met new people
Cons
no benefits or compensation
Taught overhead crane and hoist class for inspection and repairs
Instructor for class on overhead cranes and hoists (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXOctober 23, 2014
Enjoyed teaching the class and seeing the student use what the learn in the class to field
Pros
working with college
Cons
call out during class to repair customer equipment
Productive and fun place to work.
IT student assistant (Former Employee) –  500 college drive Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 1, 2014
I had my first IT job here and it was a great place to work. People are friendly and fun to work with, and it was an all around productive environment. My hours were pretty flexible too.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Assistant Veteran's Certifying Official (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMarch 24, 2014
Great job for any student who is also attending the college. Great professional atmosphere providing any admiring administrative professional with great work experience.
Pros
very very flexible schedule
Cons
very low compensation
The job was not hard, and mainly relaxed unless someone that got too out of hand.
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXFebruary 9, 2014
The typical day at work I had was relaxed, scan people in and out while checking in and out equipment. I learned that I am more of a people person now after this job. Management was really good as well, and for my co-workers we worked in shifts, and sometimes out shifts over lapped. The hardest part of the job to me was when people would get too out of hand, then I had to calm them down. The most enjoyable part about the job was that it was relaxed and I was able to see all my friends.
Wonderful workplace and employees.
Administrative Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Exceptional.work place alot of closeness between departments.
Productive workplace.
Office Specialist for Student Life (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 18, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of opening up two departments, student life and game room. Managed student workers for both departments. Worked with other departments when needed. Enjoyed working with the students and other department specialists.
Pros
education upgrades.
Cons
short lunch breaks.
Great Place to study and work
Brazosport College (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXAugust 23, 2013
Administrative duties, schedule tests for students and staff, help with computer login or any set up of mobile technology.
Pros
lots of educational training
Cons
government pay
Great Place to Work
Financial Aid Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMay 5, 2013
Brazosport College cares about it's faculty, staff, and students.
They offer great and affordable benefits. The vacation time is a wonderful aspect of working at the college.

Often persons start at the college and do not move on
Pros
vacation, healthcare
Cons
lack of ability to progress professionally

4.6