BRAZOSPORT COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Fitness Loft Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJuly 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Brazosport College. It allowed my the opportunity to to work and acquire an education. The Management I was under was engaged but hands off and allowed my coworkers and myself the chance to run our shop our way and provide excellent customer service.
Excellent place to work
CALL CENTER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 6, 2017
I absolutely love this job. The people you work with are amazing and the job itself is fun and rewarding. You are compensated well hourly but PT employees only get 19 hrs. If you are lucky enough however to obtain a FT position the benefits are great.
Pros
Personnel, hourly pay, FT benefits
Cons
PT employees only get 19 hrs
Great Expirience
Student Success Consultant (Current Employee) –  Student Success CenterMay 31, 2017
I have enjoyed working at the college for the past couple of years. The culture is very positive and uplifting. It has been a blessing to be able to further my writing career while working here.
Great IT department; great team, friendly and knowledgeable staff.
COMPUTER PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Great IT department; great team, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Excellent resources and a great workplace environment. Everyone helps each other, and work hard to accomplish goals by deadline.
Pros
Special events, catering
Cons
Location, salary
Depends on what you get.
Peer recruiter (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Being a student worker might not pay much but they want school to come first. You much maintain your GPA all while working. As part time staff you might get paid more but the same rules apply. It's a very tight knit community of employees.
Pros
School comes first.
Cons
You will be there all day & have no time for anything else except school and work
Fun work environment where you get to constantly learn
Physics & Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brazosport, TXJanuary 1, 2017
Teaching students, some who hate what your tutoring, and having them learn to love the subject. coworkers were all helpful and great. Same with management
Pros
everything
Cons
limited hours
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXOctober 23, 2016
I loved working intimately with someone. I grew as a person, and learned new stuff everyday. I was able to figure out different ways to do stuff.
Sr. Administrative Office Specialist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJuly 10, 2016
I have worked here as an office professional in different positions over the years. The culture at BC is professional and a family. I made many lifelong friendships here. The administration is visible and you will often see the President or Directors stopping by departments to say 'hi'. The student population is active in events and I found it easy to create relationships with student workers. I was also a student here, so I also believe in the college as a part of our community. I highly recommend this place as a student and as an employee.
Pros
Professional and friendly environment at all levels; Excellent administration; family-type workplace
Cons
Job availability is few and turnaround is low so it is hard to get in
Friendly
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TX 77566June 13, 2016
Friendly, people are nice. You work indoors. Off on all major Holidays. Able to spend time with my family. Close proximity to my house.
Pros
Indoors
Cons
low pay
Comfortable work place
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXDecember 15, 2015
The management is great. Everyone in the office is very helpful. The best part is you are inside majority of the time. Typical day consist of answering phones, registering students, and filing paperwork.
awesome place to work
Personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXNovember 9, 2015
love to work with these people i was under. management was great to work with and i made a lot of new friends. It was a steady pace environment where you could make your own scheduled while you took classes there.
Divison AOS (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJuly 21, 2015
This is the best place to work. The staff are professional and courteous and helpful. The campus is absolutely beautiful and very geared towards a learning environment.
A productive work environment
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJuly 19, 2015
I usually would speak to classes in the morning and afternoon, and have appointments with students throughout the day.
Productive and energic place to work
OFFICE ASSISTANT/STUDENT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMay 13, 2015
They work around your personal life, as well as school schedule. They are very easy to work with. I learned how to do clerical work, as well as balance my school work with my job responsibilities.
Secretary Job
Student Worker Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMarch 18, 2015
I absolutely love my job. The coworker and supervisors are all very professional and laid back. I have learned and mastered a new program called wink and Marfa.
A Day at Brazosport College
Administrative Office Specialist (CBIT) (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at Brazosport College for me consists of me replying to emails and returning calls to BASF Coordinators who are interested in scheduling a room at the Coporate Learning Center for an upcoming training or meeting as well as any luncheons or banquets for any clients. I have the best co-workers!! They are all very hardworkers and always willing to help out a teammate at any time. The hardest part of my job is managing mutlitple client accounts at the same time while handling each one differently. Yet, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people with different companies with different responsibilities in all different aspects while gaining valuable knowledge.
Pros
Excellent Experiences, Holiday Closures, Healthcare, Great Working Hours
Cons
Having to work Long Non-Business Hours for events, No Overtime
Manager College Grants
Grant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TexasFebruary 27, 2015
Working with HGAC and DOE Grants for I&E Development Courses.
Manage the development of curriculum for new and existing courses.
Manage the offering of credit and non-credit courses for those individuals that required additional training in order to be or remain competitive in the workforce.
Pros
Awesome working environment.
Cons
None to note.
Hit the ground running with multi faceted community and industry exposure.
Learning Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Welcomed the numerous opportunities to learn more about the life and culture of Brazosport College and intricacies of working at the Center for Business / Industry Training.
Loved It!
career center helper (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXDecember 22, 2014
I really enjoyed my experience working here. I have learned so much in the short time that I have worked here. I have learned many things about financial aid that I didn't know about.
A fun and enjoyable workplace
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXNovember 23, 2014
Tutored college student in Chemistry and Calculus.
. Met new people everyday.
. The most enjoyable part to the job was saw the person with my help made a good grade on the test.
Pros
met new people
Cons
no benefits or compensation