BRAZOSPORT COLLEGE Employee Reviews

A productive work environment
Student Mentor (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXJuly 19, 2015
I usually would speak to classes in the morning and afternoon, and have appointments with students throughout the day.
Productive and energic place to work
OFFICE ASSISTANT/STUDENT WORKER (Current Employee), Lake Jackson, TXMay 13, 2015
They work around your personal life, as well as school schedule. They are very easy to work with. I learned how to do clerical work, as well as balance my school work with my job responsibilities.
Secretary Job
Student Worker Office Assistant (Current Employee), Lake Jackson, TXMarch 18, 2015
I absolutely love my job. The coworker and supervisors are all very professional and laid back. I have learned and mastered a new program called wink and Marfa.
A Day at Brazosport College
Administrative Office Specialist (CBIT) (Current Employee), Lake Jackson, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: excellent experiences, holiday closures, healthcare, great working hours
Cons: having to work long non-business hours for events, no overtime
A typical day at Brazosport College for me consists of me replying to emails and returning calls to BASF Coordinators who are interested in scheduling a room at the Coporate Learning Center for an upcoming training or meeting as well as any luncheons or banquets for any clients. I have the best co-workers!! They are all very hardworkers and always willing to help out a teammate at any time. The hardest part of my job is managing mutlitple client accounts at the same time while handling each one differently. Yet, the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people with different companies with different responsibilities in all different aspects while gaining valuable knowledge.
Manager College Grants
Grant Manager (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TexasFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: awesome working environment.
Cons: none to note.
Working with HGAC and DOE Grants for I&E Development Courses.
Manage the development of curriculum for new and existing courses.
Manage the offering of credit and non-credit courses for those individuals that required additional training in order to be or remain competitive in the workforce.
Hit the ground running with multi faceted community and industry exposure.
Learning Administrator (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Welcomed the numerous opportunities to learn more about the life and culture of Brazosport College and intricacies of working at the Center for Business / Industry Training.
Loved It!
career center helper (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXDecember 22, 2014
I really enjoyed my experience working here. I have learned so much in the short time that I have worked here. I have learned many things about financial aid that I didn't know about.
A fun and enjoyable workplace
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXNovember 23, 2014
Pros: met new people
Cons: no benefits or compensation
Tutored college student in Chemistry and Calculus.
. Met new people everyday.
. The most enjoyable part to the job was saw the person with my help made a good grade on the test.
Taught overhead crane and hoist class for inspection and repairs
Instructor for class on overhead cranes and hoists (Former Employee), Clute, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: working with college
Cons: call out during class to repair customer equipment
Enjoyed teaching the class and seeing the student use what the learn in the class to field
Productive and fun place to work.
IT student assistant (Former Employee), 500 college drive Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 1, 2014
I had my first IT job here and it was a great place to work. People are friendly and fun to work with, and it was an all around productive environment. My hours were pretty flexible too.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Assistant Veteran's Certifying Official (Current Employee), Lake Jackson, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: very very flexible schedule
Cons: very low compensation
Great job for any student who is also attending the college. Great professional atmosphere providing any admiring administrative professional with great work experience.
The job was not hard, and mainly relaxed unless someone that got too out of hand.
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXFebruary 9, 2014
The typical day at work I had was relaxed, scan people in and out while checking in and out equipment. I learned that I am more of a people person now after this job. Management was really good as well, and for my co-workers we worked in shifts, and sometimes out shifts over lapped. The hardest part of the job to me was when people would get too out of hand, then I had to calm them down. The most enjoyable part about the job was that it was relaxed and I was able to see all my friends.
Wonderful workplace and employees.
Administrative Office Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Exceptional.work place alot of closeness between departments.
Productive workplace.
Office Specialist for Student Life (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: education upgrades.
Cons: short lunch breaks.
A typical day at work consisted of opening up two departments, student life and game room. Managed student workers for both departments. Worked with other departments when needed. Enjoyed working with the students and other department specialists.
Great Place to study and work
Brazosport College (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXAugust 23, 2013
Pros: lots of educational training
Cons: government pay
Administrative duties, schedule tests for students and staff, help with computer login or any set up of mobile technology.
Great Place to Work
Financial Aid Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake Jackson, TXMay 5, 2013
Pros: vacation, healthcare
Cons: lack of ability to progress professionally
Brazosport College cares about it's faculty, staff, and students.
They offer great and affordable benefits. The vacation time is a wonderful aspect of working at the college.

Often persons start at the college and do not move on
Great cultural place to work
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXMarch 1, 2013
Pros: great fun enviroment
Cons: no oportunity for advancement.
not much opportunity for advancement,benefits are poor if any
Great place to gain experience.
IT Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 31, 2013
Learn and have fun at the same time. Management is great. Co-workers help if needed. The hardest part of the job is waking up early in the morning. That's always the hardest part.
Student Intern
Student (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXDecember 6, 2012
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: online courses were not broad in scope.
I really enjoyed working through the college program at Brazosport. Great instructors and facilities.
Great work environment, lots of office politics
Industrial Hygiene Lab Assistant (Former Employee), 500 College Dr Clute TX 77531March 12, 2012
Pros: great teachers & students
Cons: too much office politics, not very high pay
Excellent atmosphere, great co workers, great conditions, not very high pay or many hours