Brazosport Regional Health System Employee Reviews

Home away from home
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Sad I had to ever leave. Management was amazing. It was hard work, but everyone worked together to make it enjoyable and rewarding.
Was a fun place to work most days
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Most days was fun because of the people I worked with. My co-workers made it worth coming into work everyday. I learned a lot about the process of registering a patient for different procedures, and about a hospital environment. The hardest part of my job was explaining to a patient what type of procedure they were getting done because many didn't know what they were coming in for and where they needed to go to get the procedure done.
Pros
Work enviroment, co-workers.
Cons
they take advantage of hard workers.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 23, 2016
Horrible place to work. I worked 70 hours a week to be let go without even being able to speak my side. Hr is a joke and the food director can't keep people because they don't pay, and they don't care.
Pros
decent insurance
Cons
no love
Watch your back
Hospital staff (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXDecember 5, 2015
This is not a hospital that values hard working nurses, lab, CNA's, or other staff members. Most Directors are great, but there are a few that are either close the HR Director or don't have the life experiences and skill to lead a department. The "HR Director" is quick to throw anyone and everyone under the bus to keep the heat off him. Seeing how that place is run...I advise all to go else where for treatment. And definitely don't work there unless you want to worry daily about getting fired. Snakes in the grass.
Work life at BRHS
Lead Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXOctober 11, 2015
Working at BRHS as the lead receiving tech is a pleasurable experience for me. I have co workers that get along well, we use great communication among ourselves to complete the job with excellence. The most enjoyable part about my job is the workload per week; it starts off light and ends the same way. Mondays are pretty light whereas Tuesdays are heavy. Wednesdays tend to fall in between and Thursdays are heavy. Fridays are light just like mondays. The hardest part of the job typically fall on Tuesdays when all the trucks arrive at the dock at the same time, but with our teamwork we manage to complete the work. Management of my department couldn't be any better than what it is now. My supervisors are very understandable, and devoted to their employees. Overall, my job is a great place to work with a team that get along well. This job has truly made me learned that hard work pays off. Prior to now, there were numerous times where I was the only one working the dock and did it effectively and that's why I was awarded the Lead position.
Pros
Balanced life, Job security, Insurance
Cons
No overtime, Distance from home, No advancement
Interesting
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXAugust 7, 2015
Smething you have to experience to believe. Once you walk in the doors, one realizes that you are not in Kansas anymore. Everything is bigger in Texas.
Welcoming coworkers
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 6, 2014
The employees I had dealt with were of the Information Systems department and they were very warm. They helped me learn everything I need to know and were always there to assist me whenever I required it. They always asked me to join them in any special classes or trainings that took place.
Poor Executive Management
Registered Nurse/Staff Nurse-ICU (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMay 17, 2014
Administration is punitive and unavailable to staff. Frequently understaffed and expected to work in areas with too many patients or patients that are out of your skill set. Forced to float frequently to areas that were out of a comfort zone. Poor, short, inadequate orientation and high turnover rates.
Cons
you wonder if every shift is your last.
Hard work
PCA (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXFebruary 19, 2014
I worked in the OR it was very challenging and enjoyable i always felt like I made a difference .
No job security
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXDecember 18, 2013
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The benefits are horrible. Management needs to practice what they preach. Not enough employee training. Training on Balloon Pump included watching a video & a post test which is crazy. Lack of communication between management & departments. Constantly running around looking for equipment, especially in ER, in emergent situations. Doctors should not be allowed to hang up on a nurse if they are covering. Employees should not be in fear of their jobs. Patients shouldn't have roaches to deal with. Lots of unnecessary tests ordered in ER
Pros
small community hospital.
Cons
hr director is a bully, drs hang up on nurses at night
Comfortable and productive work place. Fun and professional in all aspects.
Student Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TxDecember 5, 2013
A typical day at work is completing various x-rays, fluoroscopic, and special procedures throughout the day. Satisfying patient's needs in all ways possible. Providing optimal images for the radiologist to read. I've learned that x-rays can't always be done the traditional way; that sometimes the technologist has to be creative in getting the image that was ordered. Management was satisfactory. Everyone was treated fairly, but there were some things that occurred that weren't professional. The hardest part of the job was working with critically injured patients and trying to complete the exam without causing to much more pain for the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with every patient; hearing their stories and giving them the best care possible.
Pros
steady work, not too stressful, interesting work, good food served at lunch, fun environment
Cons
short lunches, gossiping among co-workers, bathrooms weren't always kept clean
Productive work place with great coworkers
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXNovember 23, 2013
Great family place to work. A hospital that cares and gives back to the community.
My most favorite work place
Contract Travel Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXAugust 23, 2013
We worked as generalists on different shifts. I learned new instrumentation and methodology. Management was just Great! I loved my co-workers like family and we all got along, helped one another accomplish our mission and treated each other with respect.
Pros
lunch discounts with badge, recognition for good deeds with free lunch or gift from gift shop.
Cons
my contract with them ended too soon.
Not a good place to work.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJuly 17, 2013
I was offered a job as a Director in a particular department. I moved nine hours from my home only to find that I wasn't going to be the director. They did not tell me for three weeks after getting there! Their ED is horrible. I know that in the short time I was there, they let two people have massive MIs in the ER waiting room. Their HR director is a joke. The hospital is a joke. Avoid this place like the plague!
Responsible position to add to pride of our hospital
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJune 3, 2013
I transcribed radiology reports/edited and insured they were delivered to the physicians or hospital records, handled phone calls regarding reports, helped out in file room as allowed. I enjoyed the responsibility of getting out an important, correct document for a patients medical record and took pride in that.
Pros
flexible when need off work to handle personal business/illness, discounts on food in cafeteria, enjoyed my job duties
Place full of knowledge
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TexasJanuary 17, 2012
I worker for this hospital after I graduated high school. I loved interacting with the patients. Customer Service was a big key to my sucess here at brazosport Regional Health System. This job was only a summer job. I unfortenetly had to leave this job to attend a University eight hours away. The university was called Angelo State University located in San Angelo, Texas.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
prn position on call night or day