BRC Employee Reviews

This job allows me to work hard in pro of our poor c ommunities in public housing.To give hope and safety housing conditions, also deal with their pro
Community Associated, (Former Employee), South Bronx,NYJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Free transportation to field workers, other benefits.
Cons: no complains
Working at NYCHA,was a good experince after ill finish College AAS.It was a good challege giving some of my time and compaction to people in need. Fight for their rigths and give them tools to go on in life.
Making home visits, schedule appointments to agen cies in behold of clients, tenants mediation,encorage clients to attended drug,alcoh ol programs, rent collector to avoid evictions.
good job
Desk Clerk (Temp) (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks
Cons: sometime the staff was kind of moody
i was a great job i got along with everyone well , it was a very hands on environment. everyone was friendly and my work schedule was great
Great Learning Environment
Community Technician / Acting Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
If you wish to work with the most difficult populations then this is for you! You will learn everything they didn't teach you in a classroom.
Exceptional
Counselor (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
Challenged me to be creative in delivering service to the target population. Very supportive environment which allows mental growth.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), FLJanuary 27, 2015
I loved my job there. We provided a wonderful dinning experience.
I enjoy working with people and enjoy the customers we met through the years, who have become lifelong friends.
very good
Cook (Former Employee), brooklyn,new yorkAugust 19, 2014
everything was great I work for brc for a year and a half now I cook clean seasoning up all kinds food so I want to getting ready to move on with a better jobs
it could be better
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
we help the homeless obtain housing and end homelessness. typically we outreach and offer services for better their lives and pursue a brighter future.
Very productive,fun,fast energetic place to work
i work at tony romas and my job title is bussing (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 19, 2014
Pros: 25 to 50% off lunches
Cons: low payment
Clock in set up a mop bucket,grab a rag and start bussing any table that is dirty.

I learned that any job is better than none

Great exellent!

Fun and energetic

Never sitting down unless if you go on your 30 min break.

Seeing a smile on the customers face
Good to work
ILS (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 24, 2014
Pros: leaning about the homeless population
Cons: management hold grudges & have favorite staff
The company have good intentions/ presentation to new staff regarding promotion within but it's based on favoritism. There's staff who've been with BRC over 2-4 years & cannot get promoted yet. BS to the max!
Great Entry level job for college grads,
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee), Monica Apartment ProgramMay 1, 2014
Pros: working with clients
Cons: dirty environment
Meeting with Clients, paperwork, a lot of staff meetings. Assisting clients with finding housing and entitlements.
A great place to work
Realtor / Rental Agent (Current Employee), Boca Grande, FLJanuary 26, 2014
A great place to work. A pleasant atmosphere. Very easy to get along with the office.
It's okay
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
If your starting out in the field, it's a good place to start.
Congenial co-workers, fair and knowledgeable managers, great salary, promotes from within.
nurse practitioner (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2013
Pros: fair policies, great hr dept that can answer any question, best compensation in my field, never turned down for time off requests.
Cons: i have a long commute but it's not brc's fault.
I've been lucky! I enjoy my work and find my co-workers congenial and the management extremely fair and well-versed in best-practices. This is a growing agency and I've seen numerous promotions from within.

I've worked for many places in many capacities over a long work life and have never had it so good. Yes. Really.
Productive and Family Orientated workplcae
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 23, 2013
Pros: knowledge
Cons: there are no cons
A typical day at BRC Assessment, coming in greeting the clients and staff, getting to see some new faces, placing clients in their new shelters. And lots of paper work. I have learned and gained knowledge about homeless, whats the meaning, different stories and lives of those whom lost everything.I enjoy working with my co-workers, we work well together.Working with 200 men a day with different issues can be overwhelming. I enjoy helping and giving hope to others, it make me smile at the end of each and everyday.
Productive and social workplace
IT Project Management Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2013
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: use of interns
BRC was a learning experience for me and was instrumental in expanding my IT skills in a very good work invironment.
Racist, poor training, dirty environment, no medical requirements while working in a shelter, unheard of???
Independent Living Specialist, Case Manager (Current Employee), 3 locationsOctober 7, 2013
Pros: not much
Cons: rats in the buildings, no security, weak union
Racist managers, Managers are from other states. Union is weak seems as if they work with Management. Only hiring White Female Managers. Workers are all minorities with no chances yo move up in the company. Human Resources department sucks. Takes too long to get hired. The managers blacklist you in their directors meetings if you want to transfer to another site. Forced to work on holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. Can't go to any one to complain.
I love working for this company
Community Technician (Temp position) (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: gettibg stuck on evening shifts
I love working for this organization and making a difference in the lives of others
Dishonest, Unethical Organization
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Brooklyn,NYAugust 9, 2013
Cons: dishonest, unethical
They interviewed me (twice) for a position, but when it was time to make a job offer, they told me I was approved for an entirely different position, with a salary $13.00 LESS than what they informed me. I emailed management with a confirmation number of the job application that I did online, confirming the accurate job posting that I applied to. I wouldn't recommend ANYONE to work here. Good cause, but blatantly dishonest,unethical people.
Good reliable job
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Community Technician (Current Employee), New York, nyFebruary 4, 2013
I gained great experience working with the mentally ill. Learned how to deal with difficult clients and gained the knowledge of substance abuse. Along with crisis intervention and prevention.
Torture and pressure
Case Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 7, 2012
During my employment, the management is horrible, their has been a big turnover of superviors and case manager at the program. Their is no structure, organization or consideration. The HomePlus program I would not recommend to anyone. Overall, other BRC programs may be a better work enviornment.