BRC Employee Reviews

Non professional staff
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  146 clay streetSeptember 22, 2016
a great place to work if you don't have real responsibilities ...Thete may be room for advance ment if you know someone.. The facility is fairly clean ..
Pros
Boat ride
Cons
Salary sucks
BRC, The Palace Residency (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
I have met various people from all walks of life and have found this to be a great experience. The bowery has shown me many differnent aspects of life, as well as providing me with a better understing of the homeless population.
Good agency
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  127 west 25th st.August 23, 2016
Productive and fun workplace and good for advancements. Client based and positive environment
Good location and easy to travel to.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Overtime
Good agency
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  127 west 25th streetAugust 9, 2016
Good agency to work for. Hard work, difficult day, but great opportunity. Learn as go atmosphere, client oriented, community environment, engaging, and some times fun
productive
Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
Although pay rate is under the radar, the benefits are great.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing that you are helping people to re-establish themselves in LIFE.

Helping those that may have been homeless, or those transitioning from being incarcerated is a blessing. It reminds you that it could have been you.
Pros
Family oriented facility and organization. Most organizations put the clients last. Not so with BRC.
Cons
Pay rate is under the radar, but the rewards of helping people to reconnect back into society is not
Complete joke
Tech (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 31, 2016
This place was a joke. They do nothing for the patients and overwork the employees. The management is full of incompetent people.
Pros
Cant think of any
Working outside in the subways were the best.
Sr. Program Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Overall I have enjoyed this organization helping clients gain confidence to get back to work and becoming productive citizens.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
health care is high but worth it
established not for profit
Food Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2016
great place to grow and learn, can move up the ladder with the right attitude and desire to improve. also gives oppurtunities to clients coming up in their system.
Company
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2016
Working for BRC is one of the best opportunities I've ever had in the working field. I've learned so many things about the homeless population and not to mention how how to deal with situations I've never encountered in being. i would recommend anyone to work for BRC.
great place to work with hard working people
Assistant Director, Clinical Transit Outreach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
BRC gives a hand up not a hand out because we want to help people better themselves so they can have a better life and maintain it on their own. Empower and strengthen is what we do.
Cutting edgde
CEO (Former Employee) –  San Diego Ca.September 23, 2015
Tertiary referral center. Complex patients.Creative, chance to help a wide range of illnesses both through treatment and media.
Pros
High level interactions
Cons
Target from prior Stigmatization
Human Resources
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 10, 2015
There are multiple positions open at BRC, yet when you apply you hear nothing from Human Resources. Why is Human Resources dragging their feet on this issue one only knows. Then you wonder why staff is overwhelmed with working late and tremendous caseloads. Wake up HR dept!
Pros
Assisting the homeless to return to a productive status of living
Cons
Hiring process
how to get employed with BRC?
none (Former Employee) –  new YorkSeptember 1, 2015
Hello I have a question I been applying to work at BRC for the last pass year. I really would like to work with the homeless population I have a degree in human service. Can anyone help me. My email address is lynettesellers@aol I have a passion to help people...
Steady work once you've passed probation.
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 9, 2015
The company's mission statement isn't exactly as helping as they sound. It's much more of a stabilization center. I thought i'd be helping more than i actually do. Advancement is hard, even when completely and utterly qualified. Ive learned that deception comes in many forms. Co-workers are just that ! Hardest part is wanting to help but no one really cares i.e upper management. The best part is seeing the kids grow.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Everything Else !!!
This job allows me to work hard in pro of our poor c ommunities in public housing.To give hope and safety housing conditions, also deal with their pro
Community Associated, (Former Employee) –  South Bronx,NYJuly 18, 2015
Working at NYCHA,was a good experince after ill finish College AAS.It was a good challege giving some of my time and compaction to people in need. Fight for their rigths and give them tools to go on in life.
Making home visits, schedule appointments to agen cies in behold of clients, tenants mediation,encorage clients to attended drug,alcoh ol programs, rent collector to avoid evictions.
Pros
Free transportation to field workers, other benefits.
Cons
no complains
good job
Desk Clerk (Temp) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
i was a great job i got along with everyone well , it was a very hands on environment. everyone was friendly and my work schedule was great
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
sometime the staff was kind of moody
Great Learning Environment
Community Technician / Acting Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2015
If you wish to work with the most difficult populations then this is for you! You will learn everything they didn't teach you in a classroom.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Exceptional
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2015
Challenged me to be creative in delivering service to the target population. Very supportive environment which allows mental growth.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  FLJanuary 27, 2015
I loved my job there. We provided a wonderful dinning experience.
I enjoy working with people and enjoy the customers we met through the years, who have become lifelong friends.
very good
Cook (Former Employee) –  brooklyn,new yorkAugust 19, 2014
everything was great I work for brc for a year and a half now I cook clean seasoning up all kinds food so I want to getting ready to move on with a better jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRC. Our community is ready to answer.