BRC Employee Reviews

Job
Program Aide/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
The most enjoyable moments was working with the clients one on one. The love they have for you. Although the agency within its self was very unorganizated and never paid me correctly. There was no room to grow either within the company.
Pros
love working with elderly people
Cons
unorganizated
maintained professional with staff
Porter (Former Employee) –  313 Bowery, New York, NY 10003June 20, 2017
maintained professionalism with staff; management leadership was fair and staff worked together to maintain a clean environment. Staff assisted within challenges.
People were very pleasant and kind and very formal
Prep Cook /Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 13, 2017
Days were normal and rewarding especially when I see the smiles on their faces. My patience grew stronger. Co-workers were very pleasant .It was hard scrubbing pot and the gum from up under the tables. I couldn't help myself from shedding a tear when they complimented me about how delicious the food was that I prepared for them.
Pros
gave left over food to the homeless
Cons
healthy food was provided for all clients
fun helpful environment
AFTERSCHOOL VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 13, 2017
a typical day at work would be helping out different individuals, or working with children to finish their homework . or working at the thrift store and stocking things, very friendly people.
productive
PROGRAM AIDE (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 23, 2017
the job was at a shelter for drug addicts, and felons, i performed security their, worked mostly nights and paper work, hospitality, cleaning, and support, it was mostly a calm environment, when it gets tough we knew how to control it and detain it
Pros
it was quiet
Cons
the clients tend to act a little overboard
Honestly I would not recommend BRC to anyone
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
There are so many unprofessional people at the management level of this company, it like I'm back in high school/middle school. The conversations I hear at management level are ridicules. There are favorite people, which get special treatment. There is no across the board treatment from management or HR, they bend the rules to what fits their needs. The union is not active. Management gives themselves rises and bonus every year faithfully while the small guys suffer. There is no room to grow unless you are working with clients and even then it is a high turnover rate. Save yourself years of frustrations.
Productive but Tiring
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Coming to work everyday can be tiring but also very productive. You learn new things everyday and the best part is you get to make people smile when they're already feeling down about their living situation.Over the year I've learned how to conduct intakes, and master operations. The hardest part of the job is working with some of the management, because trust me the clients are your least problems. You just have to keep in mind that some of them are not in their right state of mind and are need of help. I got in this field because I love to help people in need. Seeing them thank you after you help them and seeing them smile puts me at ease knowing I probably made their day a better day.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
healthcare, and poor managment
McGuinness
Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 24, 2016
You have to be a church member to get a promotion. People have work there for years and they won't consider you for any advancement. They need to get rid of the director and hire more qualified people. They treat the clients like inmates. They need to give the operation coordinator the axe. She's not bright.
Pros
Cons
Terminate you if they don't like you
BRC is a great company to work for
Senior Morning Cook/Program Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
BRC is a good company however there is no room for growth in which is what I need to pursue a career. It was time to move on with my career, I felt i had experience and wanted to move up within the company however they was not giving me that opportunity.
BRC does believe in giving a person a second chance to turn your life around.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
If you know someone you will advance
Non professional staff
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  146 clay streetSeptember 22, 2016
a great place to work if you don't have real responsibilities ...Thete may be room for advance ment if you know someone.. The facility is fairly clean ..
Pros
Boat ride
Cons
Salary sucks
good job
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hartford City, INSeptember 22, 2016
I liked the job was pretty easy most of the time, I cleaned rubber parts and ran a machine, I really liked my co worker I'm still friends with a lot of them. hardest part of the job was keeping up with the machines,
Pros
easy job for the most part
BRC, The Palace Residency (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
I have met various people from all walks of life and have found this to be a great experience. The bowery has shown me many differnent aspects of life, as well as providing me with a better understing of the homeless population.
Good agency
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  127 west 25th st.August 23, 2016
Productive and fun workplace and good for advancements. Client based and positive environment
Good location and easy to travel to.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Overtime
Good agency
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  127 west 25th streetAugust 9, 2016
Good agency to work for. Hard work, difficult day, but great opportunity. Learn as go atmosphere, client oriented, community environment, engaging, and some times fun
productive
Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
Although pay rate is under the radar, the benefits are great.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing that you are helping people to re-establish themselves in LIFE.

Helping those that may have been homeless, or those transitioning from being incarcerated is a blessing. It reminds you that it could have been you.
Pros
Family oriented facility and organization. Most organizations put the clients last. Not so with BRC.
Cons
Pay rate is under the radar, but the rewards of helping people to reconnect back into society is not
Complete joke
Tech (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 31, 2016
This place was a joke. They do nothing for the patients and overwork the employees. The management is full of incompetent people.
Pros
Cant think of any
Working outside in the subways were the best.
Sr. Program Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Overall I have enjoyed this organization helping clients gain confidence to get back to work and becoming productive citizens.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
health care is high but worth it
established not for profit
Food Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2016
great place to grow and learn, can move up the ladder with the right attitude and desire to improve. also gives oppurtunities to clients coming up in their system.
Company
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2016
Working for BRC is one of the best opportunities I've ever had in the working field. I've learned so many things about the homeless population and not to mention how how to deal with situations I've never encountered in being. i would recommend anyone to work for BRC.
great place to work with hard working people
Assistant Director, Clinical Transit Outreach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
BRC gives a hand up not a hand out because we want to help people better themselves so they can have a better life and maintain it on their own. Empower and strengthen is what we do.