Breakthrough Employee Reviews

Very comfortable environment that I really was please to be a part of the team.7
City of Chicago Public Health Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2017
I felt like this was a second home the women that lived there was treated with respect not only from the employees but also by themselves and the volunteers that we welcomed with opened arms it was a womens shelter that housed 40+ women that were opened for new ideas that were brought on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care
Videographer (Former Employee) –  DelhiSeptember 28, 2017
Breakthrough is an NGO working for equality and women rights.
It primarily works for the women and girl child safety and for equality amongst peers or people of the same country.

NO DISCRIMINATION.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
very long breaks
awesome
TEACHER VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2017
i love breakthrough miami. it's a wonderful nonprofit organization that helps younger kids in tough neighborhoods have a place to come during the summer. the bonds u form with the kids is one that stays witn u forever.
n/a
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 13, 2016
A typical day at work would be signing in cleaning the house . then i would do notes on each of the kids. then the kids would get up and i would get them ready for the day. i learned alot at breakthrough i learn how to hand stressful situations . how to talk and understand BRS, DDA kids. the hardest part was watching the kids have behaviors specially with non-verbal kids.the most enjoyable part is being able to help them .
Pros
having a good affect on someone, client
Cons
getting beat up by clients, however is worth it.
Founder and CEO rating
Founder and CEO (Current Employee) –  Greater Seattle Area, WAJune 26, 2016
I started this consultancy and designed the conditions to be the most favorable for creative and flexible productivity, so it is a bit unusual to be asked to rate the organization.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Continual need to hunt up more business
Very fulfilling
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 21, 2016
My experience with this company has been great helping the individuals I have had the pleasure of working with. The joy of seeing individuals with disabilities grow in positive ways is worth the amount of stress that the job can bring.
house manager
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 10, 2016
scheduling and supervising staff, correcting, completely, and filing paperwork, and daily care of residents. Also, this job consisted of making and transporting individuals to activities and appointments
Would not recommend
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2016
No pay raises. Lack of care for employees. Violent work environment. Would not recommend unless in severe need for a job.
Cons
Forced to be out in the community five days a week six hours using your own vehicle.
I've learned about myself and grown as a person
Volunteer Peer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 3, 2014
Volunteering at the Breakthrough Center has increased my awareness of and empathy towards other people. I enjoy and personally benefit from the relationships I have developed with the Ministry Director and the people I have met there who have come in for assistance, as well as the other volunteers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
It's only a volunteer position and it's not open every day (yet!).
Rewarding
Instructor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 30, 2013
It was a rewarding job with great co-workers. The boss was really nice and very caring of the clients and employees. The hardest part of the job was seeing the clients as they were because it was so sad they were mentally disabilited.