Find companies:

Brembo North America

Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
5 reviews

About Brembo North America

Brembo aims to give drivers a brake. The company makes braking components and systems for automotive OEMs in Europe, Japan, and the US. Brembo makes brake calipers, brake discs, wheel side assemblies, and complete braking systems for cars, motorcycles, and light- and medium-duty commercial vehicles. Its customers include  BMW, Harley-Davidson, Porsche, – more... and Renault. Brembo also sells aftermarket brake parts under the Brembo, Breco, and Norrbit brands, and it makes braking systems and components for the auto- and motorcycle-racing markets. Brembo was founded in 1961 by the father and uncle of managing director Alberto Bombassei; the Bombassei family still owns about 60% of the company.

Brembo's production facilities are located in Brazil, China, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Spain, and the UK. The company has additional marketing operations in Japan, Sweden, and the US.

The company is going to add Argentina to the mix in mid-2011. Brembo agreed to purchase Perdriel, taking a 75% share at first, with the option to acquire the remaining 25% in three years. The Argentinean company manufactures brake discs and has facilities located in Buenos Aires.

Brazilian operations scored a flywheel production and marketing business from Sawem Industrial in 2009. In the same year, Mexican operations took a hit with a plant restructuring and job cuts. Targeting the growing market in India, Brembo acquired a remaining 50% stake in KBX Motorbike from Bosch Chassis Systems and subsequently opened a new manufacturing plant. KBX Motorbike produces disc brake systems for companies such as Hero MotoCorp (formerly Hero Honda), Suzuki, and Yamaha.

In 2006 the company split its management functions into two separate positions. Alberto Bombassei retained the title of executive chairman and was primarily responsible for the group's strategic direction. Managing director Mauro Pessi was charged with implementing strategy and overseeing day-to-day operations. In 2009 Pessi left Brembo over a difference of opinion in corporate strategy; Alberto Bombassei took back the managing director position and reiterated that no changes were being made in the company's international growth strategy. – less

Brembo North America Employer Reviews

CNC Operator (Former Employee), Jackson, MIApril 17, 2014
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Homer, MISeptember 16, 2012
Employee (Former Employee), North AmericaJuly 2, 2012
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Homer, MIApril 20, 2012
Mechanical Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee), Homer, MIMarch 29, 2012

Brembo North America Photos

Working at Brembo North America