Brembo North America Employee Reviews

Favoritism at it's finest
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Homer, MIFebruary 18, 2017
Sent caliper lines to Mexico. One day we were up and moved to the foundry to sort parts, telling us there were no lines to put us on in the foundry or the disc plant, yet jobs posted on indeed.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Must be a favorite of management and HR to get anywhere
They are all lairs
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Homer, MIFebruary 7, 2017
When caliper basically shut down they cared nothing about their employees. They kept lying to us saying there were no open positions, but getting on indeed everyday they sure were hiring for foundry and disc. They care nothing about their employees and will lie straight to your face. I have worked in some pretty bad places, but this one for sure took the cake. Worst company to work for.
Pros
Benifits and money
Cons
The management are liars and have no clue about anything.
Its a great company to work for
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJJanuary 12, 2017
Great company to work for. Benefits are great but it all depends on what kind of manager you get. Overall as a supervisor things at Brembo are good but I'm personally using it as a stepping stone.
Overall great workplace
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Homer, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Very fast paced work environment, very organized, and professional. They provide great training, great wages, great benefits, and great co-workers. There is sometimes allot of overtime, but the days fly by under the work conditions.
Advancement Opportunities
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Homer, MISeptember 27, 2016
I had the opportunity to gain a ton of experience and transfer from department to department gaining valuable skills.
Co-workers are pleasant and overtime is available.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Lots of weekends
Productive, Professional factory
Assemble Operator (Former Employee) –  Homer, MIAugust 31, 2016
This facility is a hard working factory that has a drive to inspire you to be all that you can be. It was a friendly, clean work environment with a great upper management staff.
Unorganized with high potential
Customer Service / Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 26, 2016
Training was inconsistent and my position was outsourced after 6 months of being hired. Company itself seemed productive but from my position I was unable to see its entirety.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
inconsistant
Great internship experience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Homer, MIMay 23, 2016
Working at Brembo as an intern provided plenty of experience in the manufacturing world and effective communication between departments.
Great atmosphere and employees
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Homer, MIApril 4, 2016
The engineers here are great and easy to work with. They like to teach and help out when you just start. Had hands on experience with machines as well as experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks. A good mix of the two made the days go by quickly
Great pay, with lousy managment
CNC Operator/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Homer, MIMarch 15, 2016
Overall Brembo is a good company to work for. Great pay. However, the management in the Homer plant is lousy, favoritism is rampant. The equipment is old and never fixed, just put bandaids on machines. Company only cares about numbers, only cares about quality when they get a customer complaint. Although they will tell you they care about quality. Keep to yourself if possible, way to many grown people who act like their still in high school, and think they can talk to you anyway they want and you won't do anything about it. This is especially true with management. Most of the decent people that work here would leave if they could find a job that pay what this place pays.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Favoritism, lousy management. Equipment that isn't fixed.
Not for everybody
Operator (Current Employee) –  HomerJune 17, 2015
Definitely a lot of favoritism, HR will totally mess up your hire in dates knocking you futher down the bump shift. DO NOT PLAN TO GO TO SCHOOL THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU. The pay is good, the benefits are great, incentatives can be better, clean environment, but please stay to yourself and don't expect to be promoted from within.
Benefits
Cons
They Lie, will work you to death, only interested in numbers not employees.
located in the middle of nowhere.
Manufacturing Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homer, MIMarch 29, 2015
Long hours and little time for family. HR department showed favoritism based on who you were friendly with. Stretched thinly and stressful environment.
great place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk, forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Homer, MIJanuary 4, 2015
We start the day with a good "hand off". The previous shift tells us what has happened during the day and what to expect for the rest of the night, so hopefully no surprises show up. Receiving truck loads of raw castings all day long one after the other, keeps you very busy. Then we need to manage all the new stock with the old stock by using the FIFO method. "First in, first out" keeps the stock rotating from the oldest stock to the newest so we use the oldest first. We have great co-workers on our docks. We work hand in hand together to keep the docks running smoothly, and the stock put away quickly.We also use a "poker chip" system so we know exactly where all stock is at all times in the warehouse. The hardest part about the job is not knowing what stock we are getting in, and when. We used to use a schedule system that allowed the truck drivers to meet a two hour window time for deliveries, and we knew what stock they had on the truck and when it was to be delivered. We have returned to the old way of receiving by allowing the trucks to come in on a "first come, first serve" basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I've completed everything I needed to do in the time given, to the best of my abilities.
Pros
close to work, good co-workers, good benefits.
Cons
pay, only have time to take one break a day, extremely short notice for overtime request.
great place to work
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Homer, MIOctober 5, 2014
Great people, great job, I would recommend if looking for full time employment.
Pros
full time work
Cons
Great company....wish I still worked there.
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 17, 2014
Brembo offered room for advancement and more than a fair wage. I had no complaints while working there; in fact, I enjoyed it very much. Good management and a nice, clean plant to work in.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
short lunch breaks (20 mins)
Rapidly growing high technology company with a highly dedicated and knowledgable work force
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Homer, MISeptember 16, 2012
Typical day would include: load calculations, applying NEC standards for the installation of equipment, programming PLC's, Documentation of electrical systems, problem solving including trouble shooting of equipment failures, working with the quality department on continues improvement of the product.
Pros
uses the best equipment in their process, dedicated to documenting all data during the production process.
Cons
limitations created by the location of the plant.
face paced, mentally/physically demanding
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Homer, MIApril 20, 2012
Punch in....hit the ground running. MAINTENANCE SIDE: Old used equipement, always "putting out fires" instead of PM
Pros
pay
Cons
no time off for family/friends
Mostly great management, crazy hours
Mechanical Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Homer, MIMarch 29, 2012
The management was mostly enjoyable aside from the HR department. The people are hardworking and the engineers are great. Very long hours for the engineers involved and the place is in the middle of nowhere. No social stimulation what so ever.