Brembo North America Employee Reviews

located in the middle of nowhere.
Manufacturing Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Homer, MIMarch 29, 2015
Long hours and little time for family. HR department showed favoritism based on who you were friendly with. Stretched thinly and stressful environment.
great place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk, forklift operator (Current Employee), Homer, MIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: close to work, good co-workers, good benefits.
Cons: pay, only have time to take one break a day, extremely short notice for overtime request.
We start the day with a good "hand off". The previous shift tells us what has happened during the day and what to expect for the rest of the night, so hopefully no surprises show up. Receiving truck loads of raw castings all day long one after the other, keeps you very busy. Then we need to manage all the new stock with the old stock by using the FIFO method. "First in, first out" keeps the stock rotating from the oldest stock to the newest so we use the oldest first. We have great co-workers on our docks. We work hand in hand together to keep the docks running smoothly, and the stock put away – more... quickly.We also use a "poker chip" system so we know exactly where all stock is at all times in the warehouse. The hardest part about the job is not knowing what stock we are getting in, and when. We used to use a schedule system that allowed the truck drivers to meet a two hour window time for deliveries, and we knew what stock they had on the truck and when it was to be delivered. We have returned to the old way of receiving by allowing the trucks to come in on a "first come, first serve" basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I've completed everything I needed to do in the time given, to the best of my abilities. – less
great place to work
Senior Operator (Current Employee), Homer, MIOctober 5, 2014
Pros: full time work
Great people, great job, I would recommend if looking for full time employment.
Great company....wish I still worked there.
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Jackson, MIApril 17, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: short lunch breaks (20 mins)
Brembo offered room for advancement and more than a fair wage. I had no complaints while working there; in fact, I enjoyed it very much. Good management and a nice, clean plant to work in.
Rapidly growing high technology company with a highly dedicated and knowledgable work force
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Homer, MISeptember 16, 2012
Pros: uses the best equipment in their process, dedicated to documenting all data during the production process.
Cons: limitations created by the location of the plant.
Typical day would include: load calculations, applying NEC standards for the installation of equipment, programming PLC's, Documentation of electrical systems, problem solving including trouble shooting of equipment failures, working with the quality department on continues improvement of the product.
face paced, mentally/physically demanding
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Homer, MIApril 20, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: no time off for family/friends
Punch in....hit the ground running. MAINTENANCE SIDE: Old used equipement, always "putting out fires" instead of PM
Mostly great management, crazy hours
Mechanical Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee), Homer, MIMarch 29, 2012
The management was mostly enjoyable aside from the HR department. The people are hardworking and the engineers are great. Very long hours for the engineers involved and the place is in the middle of nowhere. No social stimulation what so ever.