Bremer Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work environment.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNJune 15, 2016
Bremer bank was a great place to learn about not only banking but also what it means to provide excellent customer service. Everyday I would take phone calls from clients and answer any questions that they had in regards to their bank accounts. The management was always willing to lend support. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and it was a great team setting. The hardest part was dealing with a client question that I was not trained on, thats where the awesome management came into play as I could go to them with the question and they would have the answer. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you would receive thanks from the client and being able to help them with a difficult situation.
Productive workplace with great coworkers
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 23, 2016
My experience with Bremer Bank has been wonderful. My coworkers are great and are always willing to help whenever help is needed. If you are unsure of procedures or product specifications, someone is always there to guide you through it. A typical day at Bremer Bank consists of helping new and repeat customers with savings or checking deposits and withdrawals. If customers need help understanding their statements we are also able to help with that too. The most enjoyable part of working with Bremer as a Teller is the customers. It's really nice getting to know each and every customer that comes in. Seeing a smile on our customers' face when they realize that we recognize them and know their names is the best feeling. This job is very low anxiety and stress.
Pros
Low anxiety, low stress, decent pay, good hours, great coworkers.
Cons
It is hard to advance.
Productive and corpration
Loan Processor ll Lake Elmo (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNApril 25, 2016
Open files log in your computer open file sort by name start with the most recent application to process with a three day turnaround interact with banker and co worker to make sure are complete, take a break for 15 min continue processing loans. order floods and titles appraisals as need. call clients if more information is need to process loan.
Pros
enjoy my co-worker we help each other
Cons
making sure all was done in a timely matter
Collateral Risk Manager Supervisor, October (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNNovember 12, 2015
Bremer Bank is an excellent place to work where people can have a long career. It is a fast growing company looking for young talent.
processed customers transactions, balanced vault, problem-solved, managed safety deposit records
Teller (Former Employee) –  Frederic, WISeptember 20, 2015
Fun working with customers. Good co-workers. Branch manager had no back bone and would not deal with important issues. Bank offered many extra services
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
branch manager
Fun workplace and great company to work for
Full Time Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNAugust 17, 2015
Good company to work for. I definitely enjoyed my two years of working there. The customers were great and greatly appreciated the people at the bank.
awesome team work ethics
RRE Processor 2 (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNJune 26, 2015
Great company to work for if you based it off only the people. However management needs to be improved. Advancement not that great, due to you have to find out if positions are available in your own department by job searching verses supervisor posting position. Turn over is high due to low pay and un godly hours you put in. Benefits..healthcare affordable. 401 available if you go and seek it out. No bonuses for volume first place ive heard of doing that. Small bank doing big banking business. Do like the people here, wish things ran differently.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
underappreciated by management and sales staff.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative-Teller (Former Employee) –  Milaca, MNMay 6, 2015
Typical day at work doing deposits, answering phones, loan payments, and helping people balance their accounts. I learned how to sell products and help customers with money management. Hardest part of the job was explaining to customers about fees added to their accounts. The most enjoyable was meeting new people.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Work Saturdays.
Enjoyable and positive place to work but stagnate and fragmented management.
Twin Cities Mortgage Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St Louis Park, MNMarch 24, 2015
Bremer's overall philosophies are solid and the overall environment is a positive one. The greatest problem is stagnation in senior management and ineffective upper-mid level management, leading to great difficulties in accomplishing objectives and learning how to operate effectively within the organization.
Great company to work for!
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 24, 2015
Bremer is company that is great to work for, so much so that the turnover rates for positions other than customer service are fairly low.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
not many
Friendly and provides excellent customer service.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 8, 2015
Great place to work at! Co-workers are reliable and competent. Enjoyed helping clients and performing my every day duties.
n/a
Personal Banker/Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Casselton, NDOctober 1, 2014
Support clients' banking needs by completing a variety of transaction which include: inquires, deposits, transferring funds, withdrawals, corrections and reversals, change orders and sorting coin, savings bonds, traveler's checks, foreign currency, cash advances, loan payments, balancing vault and maintaining quality service standards efficiently and accurately with constant awareness of fraud related losses.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not much room for advancement
Personal Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNSeptember 30, 2014
They would rather hire someone from outside the company than promote from within.
Very friendly work enviroment
Mortgage Loan Processor II (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNSeptember 17, 2014
review files for additional items needed from borrowers, call or email mortgage loan officer for requested documents
Job Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNSeptember 14, 2014
I sometimes opened up the bank with one other person and made sure everything was secure before opening up the bank to employees and customers. I worked as a teller so I did multiple transactions for customers from depositing, withdrawing money, helping them understand their accounts and what else we could offer them. My co-workers were great to work with. We worked well as a team and helped each other out when needed.
Pros
helping customers with various needs by giving them support and quality service.
Bremer Bank
Market Manager/AVP (Current Employee) –  Plymouth MNAugust 26, 2014
Only bank owned by a non profit in the nation. Otto Bremer foundation.
Needs improvement
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 26, 2014
Banking is downsizing. After 9 years, no opportunities here. Benefits are good but retail hours and management needs improvement.
Smaller company but high expectations
Retail Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNMarch 18, 2014
Working at Bremer Bank was a great place to work for. I enojyed the environment and the people you work with. Bremer was always high on promoting within and that was really great.
Pros
health benefits, parking, and managers
Cons
volume was slower because of the economy
nice place to work
Distribution Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNMarch 17, 2014
nice place to work, caring management, community company giving back to community
Pros
great benefits
Dysfunctional Upper Management Team in TC
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  MplsApril 3, 2013
Pay and benefits were good. Staff in the offices also very good. Upper management in TC was an adventure. Didn't like each other personally and obviously didn't trust one another. Like to say they are run like a small bank but are far from it.
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bremer Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9