Bremer Bank Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJuly 20, 2017
Excellent people here. All are team players. Foundation donates back to the community. Everything is all about customer service. Benefits are wonderful.
Great Company that cares about the employees and communities
International and Wire Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNJuly 12, 2017
I have worked for Bremer for about 8 years. There are a lot of advancement opportunities and classes. The employees are very involved with community involvement.
Fun Workplace
CSA/Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNApril 20, 2017
Great place to work! Loved all employees including bosses. Very laid back environment, well on a non-busy day. Everyone is very welcoming and kind. Great incentives!
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 27, 2017
Good company to work for good benefits good to employees and great leadership . Great place to start your banking career. Great customers and staff. Enjoyable .
Fun workplace and nice work enviroment
Mortgge Closer (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNJanuary 8, 2017
Learned Encompass software and lazerpro. Great co-workers. Good benefits. Vacation time from the start. Most enjoyable part is working with the loan officers and other title companies.
Wonderful organization that really helps make you feel welcomed and has great benefits.
Phone Bank Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNNovember 13, 2016
I love how the atmosphere feels like family and they really try to help you advance in this company and give you all the opportunities and information how to do so.
Growing Finanical Institution
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNOctober 20, 2016
A typical work day includes reconciling applications to the general ledger, providing financial information to the field and regulatory auditors, identifying process improvement opportunities and creating solutions for the Finance department and other departments in the operations center.
Pros
Employee Stock Ownership and benefits
Cons
Lack of Opportunity within Finance
Diverse and Flexibiliy employer
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNAugust 2, 2016
Bremer is a great place to meet different people and serving for one purpose, which is helping our members reach their financial goals.
They do value their employees that goes over and beyond to help out our consumers in any way.
Pros
appreciation week, free lunch
Cons
hard to advance
Productive work environment.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNJune 15, 2016
Bremer bank was a great place to learn about not only banking but also what it means to provide excellent customer service. Everyday I would take phone calls from clients and answer any questions that they had in regards to their bank accounts. The management was always willing to lend support. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and it was a great team setting. The hardest part was dealing with a client question that I was not trained on, thats where the awesome management came into play as I could go to them with the question and they would have the answer. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you would receive thanks from the client and being able to help them with a difficult situation.
Productive workplace with great coworkers
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 23, 2016
My experience with Bremer Bank has been wonderful. My coworkers are great and are always willing to help whenever help is needed. If you are unsure of procedures or product specifications, someone is always there to guide you through it. A typical day at Bremer Bank consists of helping new and repeat customers with savings or checking deposits and withdrawals. If customers need help understanding their statements we are also able to help with that too. The most enjoyable part of working with Bremer as a Teller is the customers. It's really nice getting to know each and every customer that comes in. Seeing a smile on our customers' face when they realize that we recognize them and know their names is the best feeling. This job is very low anxiety and stress.
Pros
Low anxiety, low stress, decent pay, good hours, great coworkers.
Cons
It is hard to advance.
Productive and corpration
Loan Processor ll Lake Elmo (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNApril 25, 2016
Open files log in your computer open file sort by name start with the most recent application to process with a three day turnaround interact with banker and co worker to make sure are complete, take a break for 15 min continue processing loans. order floods and titles appraisals as need. call clients if more information is need to process loan.
Pros
enjoy my co-worker we help each other
Cons
making sure all was done in a timely matter
Easy work, Great people, Hard to advance though
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIApril 6, 2016
I love the people I work with, being a teller isn't a very difficult job, but it's hard to move up in the company unless you're willing to relocate, normally.
Collateral Risk Manager Supervisor, October (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNNovember 12, 2015
Bremer Bank is an excellent place to work where people can have a long career. It is a fast growing company looking for young talent.
processed customers transactions, balanced vault, problem-solved, managed safety deposit records
Teller (Former Employee) –  Frederic, WISeptember 20, 2015
Fun working with customers. Good co-workers. Branch manager had no back bone and would not deal with important issues. Bank offered many extra services
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
branch manager
Fun workplace and great company to work for
Full Time Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNAugust 17, 2015
Good company to work for. I definitely enjoyed my two years of working there. The customers were great and greatly appreciated the people at the bank.
awesome team work ethics
RRE Processor 2 (Current Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNJune 26, 2015
Great company to work for if you based it off only the people. However management needs to be improved. Advancement not that great, due to you have to find out if positions are available in your own department by job searching verses supervisor posting position. Turn over is high due to low pay and un godly hours you put in. Benefits..healthcare affordable. 401 available if you go and seek it out. No bonuses for volume first place ive heard of doing that. Small bank doing big banking business. Do like the people here, wish things ran differently.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
underappreciated by management and sales staff.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative-Teller (Former Employee) –  Milaca, MNMay 6, 2015
Typical day at work doing deposits, answering phones, loan payments, and helping people balance their accounts. I learned how to sell products and help customers with money management. Hardest part of the job was explaining to customers about fees added to their accounts. The most enjoyable was meeting new people.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Work Saturdays.
Enjoyable and positive place to work but stagnate and fragmented management.
Twin Cities Mortgage Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St Louis Park, MNMarch 24, 2015
Bremer's overall philosophies are solid and the overall environment is a positive one. The greatest problem is stagnation in senior management and ineffective upper-mid level management, leading to great difficulties in accomplishing objectives and learning how to operate effectively within the organization.
Great company to work for!
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 24, 2015
Bremer is company that is great to work for, so much so that the turnover rates for positions other than customer service are fairly low.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
not many
Friendly and provides excellent customer service.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 8, 2015
Great place to work at! Co-workers are reliable and competent. Enjoyed helping clients and performing my every day duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bremer Bank. Our community is ready to answer.