Brenau University Employee Reviews

greay company to work for
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2017
I loved working at the college and being around the kids, taking their orders and coming up with a special for the day that they would enjoy. taking payment and cooking was great.
Great Work Environment
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 7, 2017
- A typical day revolves around student enrollment and whether it is the start date of classes. Very busy days during starts and a tad bit less intense thereafter.
I like to work with the employee here at Brenau University
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Wonderful place to work. I can be at school and also work for my school. Help with Art and Design. Help bring in more students.
This is an incredibly work place with an inviting culture.
Academic Assessment, Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Brenau is a wonderful place to work. It focuses on tradition, yet successfully strives to maintain competitive in today's competitive world.
Good communication with supervisors
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Good communication with supervising professor; Seemed to have a great "behind the scenes" support staff / administrative offices
Educational environment
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 8, 2016
Can be an emotionally fulfilling work environment. Challenging on a daily basis both for quantity of work as well as for innovative solutions to problems presented. Very few advancement opportunities.
Experience as a teaching professional
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 3, 2016
This company was accommodating to allow me to teach students under the supervision of a licensed professional. This company was not as accommodating in providing follow up information on further exploring teaching positions or other student requirement.
Pros
Office supplies provided
Cons
Inflexible classroom hours
No longer has NICU at facility
Adjunct Nursing Faculty, Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 19, 2016
I worked in the NICU when it was functional at South Fulton Medical Center. Although it was small, the acuity was at times very high and challenging.
Good company for which to work.
Adjunct On-site and On-line MBA Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Well organized and friendly. Brenau is an accomplished organization with a great reputation for the education of women.
Pros
Well organized.
Cons
Only an adjunct position. Would like a full-time assignment.
This is an adjunct position so I do not have the overall experience to adequately rate the school.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  onlineDecember 30, 2015
This is an adjunct teaching position, It is a fun, yet very demanding position. I enjoy teaching eh course I taught online.
Pros
Getting an assignment
Cons
Not getting an assignment
Supportive and growth-oriented place to work!
Fieldwork Assistant & Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 3, 2015
My experience with Brenau has fostered both professional and personal growth with great benefits! There is a great work/life balance, as well as an organizational culture that fosters excellence and team work.
Great team to work with
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 29, 2015
I enjoy working here. Great team to work with. Everybody is willing to help. Positive attitudes all around. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students. My typical day at work is uploading transcript or paper to our system programs and working with students in achieving their academic success. While working here I have learned that I work well with different people and I am good with communicating with them and others as well.
Productive and fun environment
Costuming Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 10, 2015
This was my work study while I attended Brenau and so it only offered 7.25 my first year and 7.50 every year after and there was subsequently no room for advancement. Overall, it was a wonderful experience where I got to connect with people in the industry and learn how to transition from the meticulous world of fashion to the on the go and more up beat world of costuming.
Pros
Tickets to shows worked on, enjoyable work company
Cons
hard hours if you aren't used to working under pressure in a timely manner
Education and family-oriented institution
Collections/Fed Perkins Loan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 31, 2015
Working at Brenau allows flexibility to continue your education, spend time with your family and do your work efficiently.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Short-staffed
I thought I would retire from here.
Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 23, 2014
Staff and employees need to talk to the same department heads. The clients were awesome. I was able to use my skills as a swim instructor this made my life very fulfilled. I enjoy teaching a very important skill. The problem arose when the swim team director got to talk to 1 person and I only got to talk to his second in command. The decision was made before I got to speak my thoughts.
Pros
I got to make my own swim schedules since I brought the customers
Cons
The lack of safety from very few people but not addressed by the managers
Great Place with Great Benefits!
Administrative-type Professional (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GA locationSeptember 10, 2014
I love working at Brenau. It is a great place to work and full of awesome people. Everyone is friendly and it's got a small town feel to it. The pay isn't in line with other colleges in the area but the benefits tend to outweigh those schools anyways. I would highly recommend anyone working here.
Pros
Benefits, Free Tuition, Vacation time, staff gatherings
Cons
Pay is below other schools, office budgets are low
Extraordinary People and Education
Collections/Perkins Loan Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 4, 2014
Very family-oriented business that promotes employees and their dependents to continue their education.
Pros
Faculty Scholarship, Coworkers, Flexibility
Fun/Challening Work Place
Assistant Stage Tech (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 18, 2014
I loved working in the theaters. There was always something for us to do. My supervisors always had a smile on their face and would always crack jokes and make the workplace fun. They were always there whenever I needed help. The people I worked with became like family. I could always talk to them about anything and everything. There were days where it was very stressful, but we got through it as a team. Sometimes we stayed late to make sure things were done, but we got it done. They are the only reason why I stayed at Brenau for as long as I did.
Pros
Better knowledge about staging equipment
Cons
Provided many opportunities for me to teach and learn in graduate and undergraduate courses.
Assistant Professor of Special Education (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 1, 2014
Taught 4 courses per semester, on-ground and/or online.
Held office hours on-ground and online.
Supervised 48 special education advisees.
Taught general education foundation courses, reading and literacy courses, and special education courses.
Lead professor for 8 courses where I had to provide the course syllabi and all necessary resources to adjunct instructors.
Pros
Favorable working conditions
Cons
Heavy workload.
A friendly and warm environment to work.
INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 29, 2014
I mostly attend to customers both on phone and in the office. I learned to multitask.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short hours