Brenau University

Brenau University Employer Reviews

Great Place with Great Benefits!
Administrative-type Professional (Current Employee), Gainesville, GA locationSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, free tuition, vacation time, staff gatherings
Cons: pay is below other schools, office budgets are low
I love working at Brenau. It is a great place to work and full of awesome people. Everyone is friendly and it's got a small town feel to it. The pay isn't in line with other colleges in the area but the benefits tend to outweigh those schools anyways. I would highly recommend anyone working here.
Extraordinary People and Education
Collections/Perkins Loan Counselor (Current Employee), Gainesville, GASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: faculty scholarship, coworkers, flexibility
Very family-oriented business that promotes employees and their dependents to continue their education.
Fun/Challening Work Place
Assistant Stage Tech (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: better knowledge about staging equipment
I loved working in the theaters. There was always something for us to do. My supervisors always had a smile on their face and would always crack jokes and make the workplace fun. They were always there whenever I needed help. The people I worked with became like family. I could always talk to them about anything and everything. There were days where it was very stressful, but we got through it as a team. Sometimes we stayed late to make sure things were done, but we got it done. They are the only reason why I stayed at Brenau for as long as I did.
Provided many opportunities for me to teach and learn in graduate and undergraduate courses.
Assistant Professor of Special Education (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: favorable working conditions
Cons: heavy workload.
Taught 4 courses per semester, on-ground and/or online.
Held office hours on-ground and online.
Supervised 48 special education advisees.
Taught general education foundation courses, reading and literacy courses, and special education courses.
Lead professor for 8 courses where I had to provide the course syllabi and all necessary resources to adjunct instructors.
A friendly and warm environment to work.
INTERNSHIP (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short hours
I mostly attend to customers both on phone and in the office. I learned to multitask.
progression in education
College Professor (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
small classes with expert technician on staff at all times.

cutting edge education at all times.

Computer lab always updated.
Great environment, good management and leadership
Staff (Current Employee), Gainesville, GADecember 27, 2013
Nice people to work with, limited growth, small environment, enjoyable overall experience
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 24, 2013
Business and Mass communication department is very flexible and staff is wonderful.
Best place to work ever!
Director of Student Life and Leadership (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJuly 9, 2013
Planned exciting events for the campus to enjoy!
• Assisted with the planning and implementation of New Student Orientations. Specifically, recruiting, training and managing the Peer Assistants who play a vital role in the First Year Seminar Class.
• Oversaw Student Activities Board in all facets of student programming to provide campus wide events that develop students holistically and compliment their academic experience.
• Managed a $40,000 budget for student activities.
• Advise the National Society of Leadership and Success Chapter on campus.
• Taught Leadership Practice and Theory Course and Advanced Leadership Seminar.
• Advised the Brenau Scholars program.
• Trained Peer Assistants and Resident Assistants.
• Oversaw new student organization approval and renewing processes.
• Distributed weekly newsletters to send out to the student body via email containing pertinent information and event happening at the University.
• Sought out and secured internship placement within the Gainesville Community for Advanced Leadership Seminar students.
Previously attended college
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMay 26, 2013
Pros: minimal supervision
Cons: course not always needed, unsteady income
Providing instruction to students usually once a week for about 7 weeks at a time for about 4 hours each week night. Great group of students!!
An honest days work
Maintenance Staff (Current Employee), Gainesville, GeorgiaOctober 23, 2012
Pros: outstanding benefits and time off
Cons: extremely low pay for the type and difficulty of work
Every day starts out the same. Work orders that were received overnight are passed out to the respective technician. Most work orders are reactive maintenance, as opposed to proactive. Working for a private University is a world of difference from a publicly traded company or the military. Co-workers are typically easy going people who would be willing to drop most any project, to lend a helping hand.
The most difficult aspect of being a maintenance technician with Brenau is that every work order submitted seems to be an emergency, and there just aren't enough hours in a work day to satisfy the work load. However, there is job security in other staff members poor planning.