Brenco

Brenco Employee Reviews

Employees and supervisors very friendly and the work place atmosphere is great.
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great people, great management, open door policy, and the benefits are great.
Cons: 30 minute breaks cant leave for lunch. The weather controls how your environment will feel.
I am responsible for reviewing a check list to ensure all the necessary tools and equipment to operate the rotary efficiently is available. Once the check list is completed then steps are taken to continue the process by placing the bearings into bins and tracking samples of bearing for accuracy.The most enjoyable part of the job is day to day communication with management and employees as well as learning the operations of the equipment.
Nice company to work for
Main Press and Closed Die Rolling Operator (Current Employee), Petersburg, VANovember 30, 2014
Pros: we get free coffee
Cons: long hours
Brenco is a nice company to work for. Working weekends and twelve hour shifts can become difficult at times especially when you have a wife and small children.
Could be so much better but.....
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, schedule
Cons: work, management, training, safety, job security, advancement
Well I've been at Brenco for about 2 months and let me say its not for everybody. I am a machine operator in their heat treat plant. I do much more than operate machines now that management felt it necessary to reduce the staff in that department so right now the work load is unbelievably heavy. I barely get breaks and work 12 hour shifts lifting, loading, driving, troubleshooting continuously. The management seem to be focused on nothing but numbers and could care less about the staff. The training is ridiculous because you basically learn by watching others which is inefficient and ineffective for too many reasons in a work environment like this. Their are numerous safety issues. I have handled propane tanks without any training, seen empty first aid boxes, attempted to use empty fire extinguishers...LOL Its just a little much for me. I am currently looking fo other employment and would suggest to anyone interested that they exhaust all their options before joining this company. Good benefits though and okay pay.
THIS WOULD A GREAT COMPANY FOR A YOUNG PERSON
CONE INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: it was a job- good benefites for young person just starting off.
Cons: smoking environment, highly allergic, no safety enforcement, management week, too much favoritism. no advancement. to many ridiculous reasons to receive points against you.
THE JOB IS HARD AND LONG DAYS. I LEARNED THAT THEY NEED BETTER MANAGEMENT, BETTER HOURS, BETTER SAFETY. MANAGEMENT ON THE TEAM LEADER LEVEL IS VERY WEAK. THEY NEED PEOPLE SKILLS. CO-WORKERS ARE ALL SAD AND NO MORALE. I TRIED BRINGING IN CAKES FOR BIRTHDAYS AND GETTING PEOPLE TO FELLOWSHIP AT LUNCH PERIODICALLY. THE CONSTANT SMOKE WAS KILLING ME. I AM ALLERGIC TO CIGERATES AND IF I HAD KNOWN ABOUT THE SMOKING, I WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN THE POSITION. QUITTING TIME.
great company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Petersburg, VANovember 17, 2013
if your into machinery and production this is a great company to be apart of. hours are typically long.
production
Line Leader (Former Employee), VAOctober 28, 2013
heavy lifting will get you in shape, going in on assembly line making barrons for railroad cars.
FUN PLACE
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: people nice
Cons: heatcare
A FAMILY PLACE,HARD WORKERS OT,THEY HAD AC , THE MONEY WAS GOOD
its a great place to work
Inspector and Operator (Current Employee), petersburg,vaJune 5, 2013
Im typical day at the job is inspection an at times train people for the position.i make sure the part in right spec. i work with great co workers who make my job easier.the hardest thing is the hours i work a 12 hour shift 2 days on an 2 days off every other weekend 3 days straight.
challenging
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAApril 7, 2013
Pros: christmas and july 4 shut down
Cons: shorts breaks for 12 hr shifts
Operatoring Grinding Machine
How to assemble a rail road car bearing
Managemet is helpful
Co-work are fun
Lifting
Running machines
It was a great enviorment to work at.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: swing shift
Cons: n/a
12 hour shifts.
Inspect railroad parts
heavy lifting was the hardest part but it still was a piece of cake.
the most enjoyable part was being able to see how much production I have done for the night besides getting off.
terrible place to work..production...
production (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAFebruary 14, 2013
Cons: everything
The management and h.r will tell you anything but the truth...women beware....male dominated facility...pay sucks...no room for advancement unless your a man...Don't waste your time..and they lay off every few years....without notice....
Bad work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: employee owned company
Cons: too many to list
I only worked at this place for 5 months, but it left a lasting impression on me. The work was labor intensive. The machinery was old, outdated and unsafe. Management only cared about production numbers. The work environment was hot, greasy and full of safety hazards. 12 hour shifts with two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch and you aren't allowed to leave the plant.
Worst job I ever had
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Petersburg, VADecember 11, 2012
Horrible working conditions. Backbreaking work for not nearly enough pay. Management only concerned about production. One 30 minute lunch per 12 hour day.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
PRODUCTION/MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAJune 16, 2012
BALANCE WORK,GOOD MANAGEMENT, GOOD BENEFITS, FAST PACE, SELF SATISFACTION AT THE END OF THE DAY

About Brenco

Wilbur and Orville Wright's first flight might never have succeeded without an assist from Amsted Industries' Diamond Chain subsidiary. – Read more

Brenco Salaries