Brenco Employee Reviews

productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 1, 2017
lunck and making sure my jog get done properly and working well with others to keep a good working ethic to be the best at what i do thething is being a team
Lab Technician/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 29, 2017
Good atmosphere, the hardest part of the job was not knowing where you would be working on a month to month basis. Management is good at being fair and trying to keep employees employed with the company.
Stressful at times and challenging
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 8, 2017
Don't go in there looking for friends. It might backfire on you .. Learn your job and do it well, it will pay off in the long run. You have to be punctual and willing to try different jobs
good place to work
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 24, 2017
work day keeps you busy good co workers and decent management team. if your wiling to learn they wont hold you back hardest part of the job is 12 hour shifts in the summer very hot
Pros
good pay lots of learning
Cons
healthcare is on par with everything else hot summer days
Job Security
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJuly 17, 2016
Brenco is a great company as far as Benefits but the Job security is not a guarantee. I am looking for a job that's is stable.
Benefits
Great retirement !!
Roll Form Technician (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 11, 2016
I have been working at Brenco for 5 1/2 years and I couldn't have asked for a better place to start a industrial career at. Most of my career prior was running heavy equipment, so the transition from outside to inside could have been difficult. At Brenco that couldn't have been further from the truth. Between the great foundation and the leaders of brenco I have transitioned wonderfully. Also retirement plan at Brenco includes ESOP which not many companies can match.
Pros
Retirement plan
Cons
Money and lack of room to progress in company.
A great atmosphere to work in
Inspector/Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 31, 2016
easy going sometimes hard work
how different things where made and produced
was great as long as you did your job
good people and willing to teach
making sure every seal was produced properly
Cons
was a temp job
Productive workplace with a pond out back for fishing
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VirginiaAugust 24, 2015
Brenco is a facility filled with humorous hard working individuals. The job is always done on time in a orderly fashion. Great management team. The best part of the job is the rotating schedule
Pros
Various lunch rooms
Cons
Short breaks
Great company to retire from
Industrial Metal Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 11, 2015
The only reason I'm not currently with Brenco is because I could no longer work the third shift. At the time I had a family who needed me at home in the evenings. They have excellent benefits including 2 retirement plans. The scheduling is crazy, it takes a lot out of you to work those 12 hour shifts but if you can handle it its worth it.
Pros
Benifits, Employee Stock Options
Cons
12 hour shifts, Exposure to chemicals
Employees and supervisors very friendly and the work place atmosphere is great.
Assembly Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 9, 2015
I am responsible for reviewing a check list to ensure all the necessary tools and equipment to operate the rotary efficiently is available. Once the check list is completed then steps are taken to continue the process by placing the bearings into bins and tracking samples of bearing for accuracy.The most enjoyable part of the job is day to day communication with management and employees as well as learning the operations of the equipment.
Pros
Great people, great management, open door policy, and the benefits are great.
Cons
30 minute breaks cant leave for lunch. The weather controls how your environment will feel.
Nice company to work for
Main Press and Closed Die Rolling Operator (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 30, 2014
Brenco is a nice company to work for. Working weekends and twelve hour shifts can become difficult at times especially when you have a wife and small children.
Pros
We get free coffee
Cons
Could be so much better but.....
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 16, 2014
Well I've been at Brenco for about 2 months and let me say its not for everybody. I am a machine operator in their heat treat plant. I do much more than operate machines now that management felt it necessary to reduce the staff in that department so right now the work load is unbelievably heavy. I barely get breaks and work 12 hour shifts lifting, loading, driving, troubleshooting continuously. The management seem to be focused on nothing but numbers and could care less about the staff. The training is ridiculous because you basically learn by watching others which is inefficient and ineffective for too many reasons in a work environment like this. Their are numerous safety issues. I have handled propane tanks without any training, seen empty first aid boxes, attempted to use empty fire extinguishers...LOL Its just a little much for me. I am currently looking fo other employment and would suggest to anyone interested that they exhaust all their options before joining this company. Good benefits though and okay pay.
Pros
Pay, benefits, schedule
Cons
Work, management, training, safety, job security, advancement
This would a great company for a young person
CONE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 26, 2014
The job is hard and long days. I learned that they need better management, better hours, better safety. Management on the team leader level is very weak. They need people skills. Co-workers are all sad and no morale. I tried bringing in cakes for birthdays and getting people to fellowship at lunch periodically. The constant smoke was killing me. I am allergic to cigerates and if I had known about the smoking, I would not have taken the position. Quitting time.
Pros
It was a job- good benefites for young person just starting off.
Cons
Smoking environment, Highly allergic, No safety enforcement, Management week, Too much favoritism. No advancement. To many ridiculous reasons to receive points against you.
great company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 17, 2013
if your into machinery and production this is a great company to be apart of. hours are typically long.
production
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 28, 2013
heavy lifting will get you in shape, going in on assembly line making barrons for railroad cars.
Fun place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 24, 2013
A family place,hard workers ot,they had ac , the money was good
Pros
People nice
Cons
Heatcare
its a great place to work
Inspector and Operator (Current Employee) –  petersburg,vaJune 5, 2013
Im typical day at the job is inspection an at times train people for the position.i make sure the part in right spec. i work with great co workers who make my job easier.the hardest thing is the hours i work a 12 hour shift 2 days on an 2 days off every other weekend 3 days straight.
challenging
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAApril 7, 2013
Operatoring Grinding Machine
How to assemble a rail road car bearing
Managemet is helpful
Co-work are fun
Lifting
Running machines
Pros
christmas and july 4 shut down
Cons
shorts breaks for 12 hr shifts
It was a great enviorment to work at.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 21, 2013
12 hour shifts.
Inspect railroad parts
heavy lifting was the hardest part but it still was a piece of cake.
the most enjoyable part was being able to see how much production I have done for the night besides getting off.
Pros
swing shift
Cons
n/a
terrible place to work..production...
production (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 14, 2013
The management and h.r will tell you anything but the truth...women beware....male dominated facility...pay sucks...no room for advancement unless your a man...Don't waste your time..and they lay off every few years....without notice....
Cons
everything