Brevard County Sheriff's Office Employee Reviews in United States

Run away
Latent Fingerprint Examiner-Identification Unit (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLFebruary 24, 2016
I worked in this position. It's not worth it. There are no standard operating procedures nor training procedures for this position. Management shows a lack of knowledge and understanding for the field of latent fingerprints. Working in the field of forensic science, in any discipline, you MUST have standard operating procedures to follow. There must be proper training and documentation of both the procedures and training. There are none of those for this position within this agency. Don't fool yourself and think you can help them write procedures. Management is not interested. Skip this job and look for one with documented procedures, a documented training program, and forensic accreditation for the integrity of your forensic science career!
Pros
full time job with benefits
Cons
management's lack of forensic knowledge, no documented SOPs for the unit, no documented training program, the unit is behind the times when it comes to forensics
Productive Work!!
Telecommunications Intern (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLJanuary 23, 2016
I am an intern with Brevard County Sheriff's Office as a telecommunication's specialist. It is a fun and rewarding job, it can get stressful at times, as we are a very busy county.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Moving up the chain can get political
have to be nice to the alleged murders, rapists.
Deputy/Corrections/Corporal (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLAugust 27, 2015
The job has changed in the 11 1/2 years I have been there. It is not worth it anymore. Medical has changed for the worse, and our hours have been cut. Many employees have left and have not been replaced making it a very unsafe work enviroment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
never have an uninterrupted lunch
This place is horrible.
not an officer (Former Employee) –  jail complexAugust 6, 2015
I worked at the jail. It stinks. Literally. There are always inmates throwing up or crapping in the floor or smearing it on the walls and there are no windows. They have free food in the cafeteria...but it's made by inmates. Yuk. The officers are all obese and have nasty attitudes. They think they are better then the other departments and treat them as such. It was the worst experience of my life.
Pros
Retirement plan
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work and make friends
CORRECTIONS DEPUTY (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLDecember 10, 2014
Working at the jail every day is different. Most days are uneventful but some days can be very stressful. Coming from the military, I was able to put my leadership skills to use and also learn new leadership skills. Supervisors are very approachable and are very skilled in their management skills. In most cases I can consider them friends along with other co-workers. Most of the time work is very easy, but there are times where dealing with inmates can be very difficult. Over all the job can be very rewarding, and provides great benefits.
geat
corrections deputy (Former Employee) –  cocoa flSeptember 15, 2013
good work enviroment, great and reliable co workers, hardest part was not knowing what was going to happen from one minute to the next
Corrections- Jail
CORRECTIONS DEPUTY (Former Employee) –  Brevard County FloridaJuly 10, 2013
This place was very educational and challenging to work at. Constantly changing and training. It had great benefits, great pay and lots of extras to offer. Overall it was a great place to work