Brevard Public Schools Employee Reviews

Very good work / life balance
Network Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 16, 2017
Very good place to work for those with the right experience that wants to use that experience in a secure work environment and pay is decent, but very limited in upwards mobility.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay, lack of promotions
Great job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brevard County, FLAugust 31, 2017
Being a substitute for brevard county schools is an awesome job. The schools in the county are some of the best around and really a pleasure to work at.
Pros
Flexibility
Great place to work!
Instructional assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FL 32909August 1, 2017
If you love working with the students you will do just fine! A typical day is what you make of it. You must have a pleasant attitude and it will surely transfer to the students. You must be patient and willing to support students in all areas!
Daily challenges make a better employee
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FloridaJuly 19, 2017
Politics, state and local budgets, and uninformed advisers make public school teachers' careers more difficult and stressful in addition to the daily challenges met in the classrooms daily.
Teachers are collaborative, and work towards collective success for all, students and employees.
Salary, benefits, and advancement is less than stellar. These have contributed to morale issues throughout the district and state of Florida.

I love teaching students! It's the best part of the job.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no breaks, red tape, poor salary, mediocre benefits
room for advancement . great working in Schoolboard .
certified custodian (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 22, 2017
I loved working for the school board . people was great to work for. I had a great principle to work for. Kids was kids. The kids would get to know you and let you know you are doing a great job. Pay was pretty good. Benefits also ok. I dont really know of any bad remarks I can make .Loved working with the kids and for the kids to make their learning a little cleaner.
Pros
people was nice, kids was nice. Principle would us several times a year.
Cons
none I can think of
Success in the workplace
Speech-Language Clinician (Current Employee) –  Port Saint John, FLJune 13, 2017
This was my first year working as a SLP. I have grown and learned so much about this field. I worked along side of great SLPs who helped me develop and learn in my first year working in the school system. My typical work day would consist of scheduled therapy sessions, planning, and IEP meetings. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my students and seeing the improvements they made throughout the year. The hardest part was coming in to the schools and figuring out how everything was supposed to be done. I had great support that allowed me to be successful in the work place.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJune 7, 2017
Flexible work schedule. The pay isn't the greatest, but it's par for the course. It all depends on what school you work at as to how the experience will be. Case by case, based on which school you spend the most time at.
Good for working moms
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 5, 2017
The shifts are short. Good for working moms or retirees. Love working with the kids. Pay isn't great and no room for advancement. Raises do not come often. Good job for someone just looking to get out a little or for extra income. Not really for someone trying to make a living
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No pay raises
Review
Cafe Worker (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 27, 2017
Brevard Public Schools are a great place to work. They offer good benefits and a flexible schedule. The company promotes the growth of their employees.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 20, 2017
Good management, fair work practices, fair compensation , good benefits, union representation available, reasonable route times,maintain vehicles responsibly.
Pros
Strong benefits package
Cons
No summer work guaranteed

Want to know more about Brevard Public Schools?

Ask a question
Great District
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 12, 2017
What can I say bout Brevard County. It is a great place to work, the people are great, location is perfect. I would love the opportunity to go back to Brevard one day.
Great Place To Be
6th Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 24, 2017
BPS is a great organization to work for. There is plenty of opportunity and a lot of space for growth. Each school I've worked with has been good. Not a bad experience yet...
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Pay
Review
Brevard county school system substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 4, 2017
My professional passion is to provide a successful educational experience for those students who need assistance in strengthening their individual weak points in specific or broad range areas.
I work with the Head Start Program and is proud to be a part of helping the less fortunate in our community.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brevard County, FLJanuary 2, 2017
The Head Start Program is federally funded and it is very helpful for the underprivileged younger population in my community. The teachers and assistants have coaches that provide training on effective classroom management and various strategies for an effective program.
Pros
Summers off.
Good school system
School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 22, 2016
Good people for the most part. They work hard to keep things afloat with minimal operational budget. People of county do not support taxes so the schools are underfunded. Poor pay and facility maintenance resulting in poorly maintained buildings.
Air is turned off over Summer and leaks are not fixed creating mold problems. A/c poorly maintained is not dealt with until it breaks. A/ c filters not changed creating respiratory issues for staff.
Pros
Hard working smart people
Cons
No budget for salaries or building maintenance health care costs
Middle school math: first year teaching
Teacher, Middle School Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 30, 2016
* probably the most difficult thing that I've ever tried to do
* I really enjoyed the collegiality of the staff at the school that I worked at
* working with young people is mostly interesting but it can be really draining, and it can be especially difficult being new at teaching with limited support and guidance available
Public service
Network / Technology Associate (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLSeptember 17, 2016
Work was always interesting and I found fulfillment in the knowledge that the students that I supported will be the technology leaders of tomorrow.
A Job
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Was a great place to work until the management change 3 years ago. Many of the seasoned workforce have left the District. My work day started at 6:00am, daily I would check fuel levels in all 9 delivery sites. Check stock levels and prepare reorders to quote. Process PO's for requisitioned parts. Process repair orders for the surveillance and communication systems on the buses.
Pros
Flexible time off. Team members.
Nice workplace able to meet many people
Jupiter Elementary School (Former Employee) –  950 Tupelo road SW Palm Bay 32908July 30, 2016
a typical day consisted of interaction with parents and school based professionals. Great vibe and coworkers. Hard to satisfy all request of parents at the same time so efficiency was a plus!
Enjoyed being in a workplace where my son attended school and where I got along with everyone.
Pros
In Early Out Early
Cons
No Cons
making the School safe for all and Having fun Also
certified custodian (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 7, 2016
I work for ele. school. The principal is great to work with and for. He takes the time out of his busy schedule to listen to all staff if and when we have an issue or just want to vent. hes fair and treats alll staff equally. Its my home away from home, the time I have spent working for Sunrise School has been such a great opportunity. love working and caring for the school and kids and staff and parents. all are so friendly Sunrise staff work together to make it great and happy while kids learn so much, . I am always learning something new from staff or coworkers and from the kids too. .The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the kids and, making their day as interesting and fun and safest it can be., especially when they are having a not so good day. the hardest part of the day ,well not sure about that yet.
Pros
nice and safe place to work, good benefits and a place to retire
Cons
health ins. could be better . but we have it all, benefits, paid vacations, holiday pay retirement plan, etc.