Brevard Public Schools Employee Reviews

Good school system
School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 22, 2016
Good people for the most part. They work hard to keep things afloat with minimal operational budget. People of county do not support taxes so the schools are underfunded. Poor pay and facility maintenance resulting in poorly maintained buildings.
Air is turned off over Summer and leaks are not fixed creating mold problems. A/c poorly maintained is not dealt with until it breaks. A/ c filters not changed creating respiratory issues for staff.
Pros
Hard working smart people
Cons
No budget for salaries or building maintenance health care costs
I work with the Head Start Program and is proud to be a part of helping the less fortunate in our community.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brevard County, FLJanuary 2, 2017
The Head Start Program is federally funded and it is very helpful for the underprivileged younger population in my community. The teachers and assistants have coaches that provide training on effective classroom management and various strategies for an effective program.
Pros
Summers off.
Middle school math: first year teaching
Teacher, Middle School Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 30, 2016
* probably the most difficult thing that I've ever tried to do
* I really enjoyed the collegiality of the staff at the school that I worked at
* working with young people is mostly interesting but it can be really draining, and it can be especially difficult being new at teaching with limited support and guidance available
A Job
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Was a great place to work until the management change 3 years ago. Many of the seasoned workforce have left the District. My work day started at 6:00am, daily I would check fuel levels in all 9 delivery sites. Check stock levels and prepare reorders to quote. Process PO's for requisitioned parts. Process repair orders for the surveillance and communication systems on the buses.
Pros
Flexible time off. Team members.
Nice workplace able to meet many people
Jupiter Elementary School (Former Employee) –  950 Tupelo road SW Palm Bay 32908July 30, 2016
a typical day consisted of interaction with parents and school based professionals. Great vibe and coworkers. Hard to satisfy all request of parents at the same time so efficiency was a plus!
Enjoyed being in a workplace where my son attended school and where I got along with everyone.
Pros
In Early Out Early
Cons
No Cons
Comfortable and supporting staff.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 12, 2016
I have been working at the Brevard Schools for the past four school years. I have had a positive experience and there has been great support in many areas.
I have learned how to be a part of a team by collaborating and maintaining a positive and excellent school culture.
The most challenging part of the job is to be able to meet the overall developmental needs of individual students.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the team players and support from members.
Pros
Posiitve working environment.
Cons
Not enough equal opportunity.
Public service
Network / Technology Associate (Current Employee) –  Viera, FLSeptember 17, 2016
Work was always interesting and I found fulfillment in the knowledge that the students that I supported will be the technology leaders of tomorrow.
making the School safe for all and Having fun Also
certified custodian (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJuly 7, 2016
I work for ele. school. The principal is great to work with and for. He takes the time out of his busy schedule to listen to all staff if and when we have an issue or just want to vent. hes fair and treats alll staff equally. Its my home away from home, the time I have spent working for Sunrise School has been such a great opportunity. love working and caring for the school and kids and staff and parents. all are so friendly Sunrise staff work together to make it great and happy while kids learn so much, . I am always learning something new from staff or coworkers and from the kids too. .The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the kids and, making their day as interesting and fun and safest it can be., especially when they are having a not so good day. the hardest part of the day ,well not sure about that yet.
Pros
nice and safe place to work, good benefits and a place to retire
Cons
health ins. could be better . but we have it all, benefits, paid vacations, holiday pay retirement plan, etc.
Grade 4 Teacher (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 4, 2016
I really enjoy working for Brevard Public Schools. I learned that the job is easier when we collaborate as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work alongside the parents and students and being able to encourage the students that "they can accomplish anything they put their mind to". I believe that I can make a difference in the community where the prospective school is located as an Assistant Principal if I am given an opportunity.
Make your own hours
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Rewarding if you enjoy the work. Often the school board itself is a pain to work with because many employees are grumpy. This will absolutely show you what skills you need to become a teacher and it was definitely worth the time.
Pros
Make your own hours. Rewarding.
Cons
Stressful, especially when different schools have different rules.

Want to know more about Brevard Public Schools?

Ask a question
productive day on the job
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed having the students speak to me everyday. I learned how to work at a faster pace and i also learned verbal speaking, The hardest part was maybe keeping up with the dishes. I really liked all my coworkers they were helpful and nice , also the manager.
Productive and a good working enviroment
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLDecember 10, 2015
A typical day at work starts out prepping for the next day and getting prep done for lunch that day, my co workers are awesome and everyone works and we are team players. Our manager is right there with us....love my job need a second job to supplement income
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Teamwork
School Secretary / HR specialist (Current Employee) –  Titusville, FLOctober 23, 2015
My workplace is fun, we share a lot of laughs but know when the proper time is for that. We have a very supportive and amazing administrative team as well. I have learned that there is definitely not an I in team. My co-workers are amazing, they step in to help when needed and are always willing to help. The hardest part of my job is when I am being pulled in 6 different directions all at the same time, but I always manage to accomplish the tasks at hand. The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of being successful.
Pros
Working with the at risk children
Cons
Minimal Pay
Community Coach position
Cheerleading Coach (Current Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLOctober 10, 2015
Seeing the impact I have on teenagers and their lives while watching them make better decisions and do well academically has made this a very rewarding position. I have learned about effective fundraising for a group most do not want to help financially. The support I have received from administration has been incredible.
Pros
relationships formed in our community are irreplaceable
Cons
very little pay (stipend) and a lot of hours
Productive and fun workplace
Aftercare WorkerMelbourne (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 8, 2015
taking care of 20 children until their parents come and get them, I help them with their homework,i supervise work shops with them,we play games,this job requires lots of patience,something you have to have working with children. I love children, I love getting the chance to help mold their little minds in a positive way for the future.
Pros
Helping children grow.
Cons
Not enough work hours.
Customer service oriented and excellent benefit package.
Head Start Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Brevard CountyJanuary 31, 2015
Flexible work responsibilities day to day. Provide excellent customer service to parents in program and act as liaison in order to provide information and resources and advocate for children in program.

Management provides regular professional development opportunities.

Enjoy meeting a diverse culture and assisting families to access resources within the community and school system.

Proactive attitude and tenacity is important characteristics for this job.

Able to accept constant changes in policy and procedures.

Outgoing and friendly attitude is key. Passionate about serving others without recognition.
Pros
Professional Training; flexibility.
Great environment to work in.
Head Custodian II (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 3, 2014
I work with a great administrative staff along with teachers and other staff members, family environment, Everyday I learn something new about the more efficient way to clean and to work smarter not harder. The hardest part of my job is to discipline someone who I respect on something they are not doing correctly. I try to mentor the employees that work under me before it comes to disciplinary actions but if at the end of the day I need to then I will. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a teacher comes to me and reports that one of my custodians is doing a great job, nothing better after a hard days work.
Pros
Great Football, baseball, soccer and other sports to watch.
Cons
healthcare could be better
Rewarding experience with elementary students and faculty
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLJune 28, 2013
Working with students of any age is extremely rewarding. It is exciting to see a connection when they master a new skill or concept. As an educator, you must also provide each student with a learning environment that fits their needs each day. The faculty and staff that I had the privilege of working with at the many schools I taught at and also volunteered with were professional, and I learned so much from each one.
Enjoy serving Parents and Students
Assist parents and students (Current Employee) –  Viera, FloridaNovember 1, 2013
I've spent 9 years now in the Brevard School System.

5 years at Johnson Middle School as their Front Office Clerk.

3 years at Viera High School as their Guidance Office Clerk.

Presently serving as Viera High School Attendance Office Clerk for

2000 students.
Pros
Enjoy the High School Age kids
Cons
I miss being in the Guidance Department unfortunately my position was cut last year.
great work enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 10, 2012
The enviroment was very fun and enjoyable. i learned that you have to earn everything in life and nothing comes easy. management was good, they really considered you as a person including your job quality. the hardest part was summer working with moving all the chairs and cleaning every desk. I loved everything about the job.
Pros
break anytime
Cons
no air conditiong during summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brevard Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Brevard Public Schools Reviews by Location