Brevard Zoo

Brevard Zoo United States Employee Reviews

Educational and a neat place to work.
Keepers Aide (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free membership at the zoo. discounts on food and in the gift shop.
Worked as a keepers aide. Cleaned cages of small animals. Educated patrons about thees animals while handling them. The most enjoyable part of the job was handling and educating patrons about these animals which many came from different parts of the world. Management was enthusiastic and always leet you know how much they appreciated you.
Volunteer position, very fun.
Aviary Volunteer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: fresh air, good company.
Cons: angry bird
Our work as aviary volunteers included cleaning the station at closing, selling bird snacks to the customers, monitoring and ensuring the safety of the birds and customers, and keeping the area clean. Management wasn't invasive or too necessary, we were able to keep order pretty well. Other co-workers were fun to chat with when customer flow slacked, and everyone did their share of the work. The hardest part for me was that one of the birds took an intense dislike to me and would try to attack me. The most enjoyable part of the job was how peaceful it was, even with customers there.
Fun seasonal volunteering.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 4, 2013
It was a seasonal job, and I was technically working under a Dance Academy(went out of business) and MAZ Academy when I was working Boo at the Zoo. But the employees at the zoo were more than friendly and solved a most problems that arose. Working at the Zoo was fun for me.
Paws on Play Guide
Paws on Play Guide (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: staff and working enviorment
Cons: pay, working weekends
This was by far one of my favorite jobs. I only left to advance in my career in education. I was very sad to leave and would return in a heartbeat! Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. The job was not to difficult and was enjoyable. My only complaints would be the pay and working weekends.