Brick Employee Reviews

very active and rewarding inviroment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 14, 2016
I ran the pasta kitchen and occasionally dish washed. it was a very busy restaurant that had a diverse menu. the wait staff were nice and accurate in presenting me orders.
Sometimes very unorganized and unprofessional
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  PoolsideAugust 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working at this job until I realized this staff or very unprofessional. Then throughout the time I was there procedures were not followed and stuff we're Very unorganized. I was unable to implement these rules because I was not in charge. The staff only listen to lead guards.
Pros
Works with schedule, honors religion, paid holidays off
Cons
Unprofessional, unorganized. Very young employees
Cook, Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 10, 2016
Great place to work. 12 hour shifts preparing food as well as cooking food made to order at one of 6 stations. Also at times management would be so busy that i would have to step up and help coordinate the kitchen so that food was handled properly, cooked correctly, and sent out in a timely fashion.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
very hot temperatures
Fun Place To Work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2016
Fast paced environment, make life long friends with patrons and co-workers, provided excellent bartender and sales training, hardest part of the job was the hours, the most enjoyable was getting to know so many people.
Great students, not the best work environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 12, 2016
The reviews Should be for a school Newark, and not the company BRICK. I worked for the school and it was a miserable experience with cronyism running rampant. Do not apply if you come with years of experience or creativity.
Pros
Benefits and great colleagues
Cons
Very little home life after all the meetings and required paperwork, untrustworthy management
Great Place to work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 9, 2015
We would go in do all mill maintenance for a titanium company. Enjoy all the workers there and love coming to work every day
Pros
people
Cons
not enough hours
Life changing experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJNovember 19, 2014
This job was not just a job but it was a learning experience and life changing eye opener to be thankful of what I have each and every single day in life, and the capabilities I am blessed with. A little boy with cerebral palsy struggled on a daily basis with simple things such as speaking and walking. It was a task in itself to just get to the bathroom in a wheel chair.
Pros
growing love and care
Cons
sad to see such a daily struggle
Awesome
Owner (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2014
The Brick is the best bar in Charleston!

A typical day: paying bills, book-keeping, booking bands, advertising, and managing day to day operations.
Very exciting atmosphere
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2013
Assisting with the set up for club night and greeting guests, collecting cover charges. Assisting guests with inquiries about the plaza and some of the available features, recommending late visitors to nearby restaurants who were wanting dining services and encouraging them to return again when Brick returned to it's normal hours.
My coworkers are awesome, they do what they can to make sure the night runs smoothly and that we have few if no complaints. I enjoy every minute working there, our regulars clients are very friendly and the music and atmosphere is enjoyable.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Limited hours
A typical restaurant
Assistant /Server (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMarch 18, 2013
A very noisy, disorganized and busy place with potential to make money in customer service/serving.
Exciting and Fun enviroment
Assistant Manager/ Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2013
A typical day working for this establishment. Marketing via facebook and twitter. Follow up with management staff. Booking the facility to ensure and increase sales.
Pros
use of the facility
Cons
no healthcare yet
Seasonal masonary work
Stone Mason (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 14, 2012
Laid building materials such as brick, structural tile, concrete cinder, glass, gypsum and terra cotta to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches, sewers and other structures
Pros
outside work
Cons
not being able to work in bad weather