Brickfish is a full-service social marketing solutions provider for some of the world’s largest brands in technology, entertainment, fashion, and retail. The Brickfish Social Media Marketing Platform allows our customers to use contests, sweepstakes, and social offers to generate brand engagement, viral spread, and sales revenue across Facebook, Twitter, and all other social networks and applications.
Developer / Product Engineer
In this position, you will be a technical contributor working in the Chicago, Illinois corporate headquarters. You will collaborate with others in the planning, design, and development of strategic and innovative consumer web and social services. You will help to both maintain an existing PHP based social framework and help design brand new innovative social services we are transitioning to using the Rails framework. Your position will be working on highly visible and impactful services used by our flagship web apps going forward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and fix existing PHP framework issues helping transition to Rails framework
- Collaborate with Product and Development teams regarding product definition, schedule, scope, and project-related decisions
- Investigate technologies that can be leveraged in the teams implementations
- Assist the team in its path towards best practices and creating a unified platform
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and deploying web applications.
- Experience developing for Facebook/Twitter and other OAuth based social providers.
- Strong in depth experience in Ruby on Rails, and/or other server side technologies such as Java, Ruby, or PHP.
- Experience in other open source web development technologies a plus. You have a natural drive to leverage open source and third party solutions
- Solid knowledge of OO design
- Experience with agile methodologies a plus
- Enjoy learning new technologies and keeping up to date with industry trends in consumer and social products and services
- Excellent communication skills, high integrity, and have a focus on quality
- Passionate about creating engaging and innovative applications BS CS or equivalent experience
- .Net framework is a plus but not required