Brickman

Brickman Employee Reviews

An experience
Lawn Care Worker (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great break times
Cons: seasonal
I was able to work with top people in the field of lawn care. I learn multiple job skills and was able to make them apart of my life now. I still cut lines with my little 21" mower like I'm using a 60" at this place. I loved the group I worked with as well. We worked well together to get the jobs done.
Good Workplace Good People But No Benefits
Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 20, 2015
Pros: friendly workplace and pay weekly
Cons: no benefits
I would Really Want to invest my time in a job with benefits as well as Proper compensation.

its just that for the work that we do day to day involving the weather elements being that we are in florida which can reach degrees of 100 i would like health benefits and proper compensation
Enjoyable, hard work outdoors
General Laborer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2015
Pros: Demanding work
Cons: Hot days outside, not much room for advancement, little job security
We started at a pretty early hour meeting at the main location. The teams loaded into their trucks to begin the work day. We cut a lot of grass and did landscaping for businesses. We also planted, cut down, and trimmed trees. Operated some equipment. The team was great and management was good as well. The hardest part about the job was being out in the sun. The most enjoyable part was the hard work and learning new processes for landscaping.
Lacking in management
Landscaping assistant (Former Employee), Frenchman CreekMay 28, 2015
Pros: Hours are good
Cons: No benefits or further advancement
Working for them was good at first then they fired employees that were illegal but what I don't understand is those particular employees had worked there for over 15 years. Then they bring in new employees who just weren't very good and it got to be too much trying to pick up the slack from the employees who weren't very good.
Nice people, poor communication
Intern (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAApril 21, 2015
Cons: Poor Communication
Great experience as an intern would recommend that other people looking for an internship apply here. However they need to work on their communication skills, for being such a big company they arent that great at communication
Good money
Crew Member (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 17, 2015
Hard work and good money. I loved working with my crew, got to travel to diff. properties and learn new things everyday. & Yes Hard work some times long Hours but still had fun and maid good money.
very productive, everyday was a different callange,energetic people
Lawn Technician (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: being outdoors on nice days
Cons: the sun
I was a great employee. Its a great company to work for. But I have to move on now.i Learned a great deal about equipment and phicical labor.The sun was tough though I dealt with it though it could always be worse.
The Best Commerical Landsape Company in the United States!
Crew leader (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 23, 2014
A typical day is fuel all the equipment. Then gas the truck, get to the first job about 7AM. Then we will service the Commercial Properties by cutting blowing of parking lots to pruning the tree. The job gets hard in the summer because of the heat. Being outside on nice days can be so relieving to the body.
productive good curier
landscaping (Former Employee), Castleton, INMay 23, 2014
Pros: love it love it
Cons: lazy and heat
Over all i love to learn ,especially from the best , i love to work hard , and with emeployers who leave there issues other then work at home , im easy going, i dont like starting something till it finish not only do i like to please my boss ,but most important clients,cutomers and, reaspect,honesty,be prompt and i am always ready for work especially a challenge , i like knowing im better then i believe and being successful for me,and the others above me i like them to train me to be as good as them so we both see a better futrue, overall im there to do my job and not make friends , just to provide for my family ,i love to make others happy and love seeing my work when it turns out , it phenominal..
excellent career opportunities
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2014
I have learned a lot on safety with in and outside the work place…
Dealing with many personalities at any given time.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with retirees or people whom have just given up on their love for the landscape industry.
My favorite part of the job is the outcome of any given project as well as the clients approval of a finished product.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Albany, OHApril 1, 2014
• Recorded employers time sheet in system to index out to their Area managers.
• Responsible to open the phone line system.
Good learning experience
West Branch Manager (Former Employee), Long Grove, ILMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: food was spoiled
Co-workers were the best! Most enjoyable part of the job was advancement for the most qualified
Nice office, not much else
Area Manager (Former Employee), New Albany, OHFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: nice office and location
Cons: high stress, little chance for promotion, low job security.
Very high stress work. Very high turnover from people quitting to people being fired. Management appears to lack a clear sense of direction. Most who actually got promoted, ended up then being demoted, and or fired.
Unorganized and Unstable
Account Manager (Current Employee), Avon, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: lack of sales culture
Brickman is a great nationwide company that was just bought out by a large private equity firm and has changed it's basic company philosophy. The west side branch is void of direction, leadership, positive culture and organization. With the buy out complete things have changed greatly and very quickly. They want new sales but have no game plan on how to get there, plus they can barley produce what they currently are taking care of. Overall this position was great on paper and in the interview process but has failed to offer what was originally discussed.
Tenacious worker who enjoys being with others and enjoys improving productivity.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 16, 2013
Typical work day,

Review all emails and work orders.
Process all new work orders and assist the Operations Managers and Account managers with their needs toward making new commitments and delivering on existing commitments.
Process payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
Verify turf program. Attend any meetings scheduled with the Branch Manager or Account Management or Operations Management team.
Continue to prepare for monthly close.
Productive work place
Coordinator (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 28, 2013
Pros: we all carried our lunch.
Cons: short breack
First, When I worked for Brickman Group, I learned a lot from them, such as, how they made bed, using fertilizer to plant flowers. Pick up plants and flowers to delivery to the station, sometime to the shop for the next day. time sheet, daily activities reported to the operation Manager. Led the team to work, and double check, if they aren't left something. Some coworker made it a little difficult for me when they can not perform the task well, in this case what I did was. I went quickly forward with who can perform the job and I get back to help and taught this coworker to wake him up. the harder – more... part is using ladder to stand, and tchim high fichus. Enjoyable driven, and explain the work procedures. No benefit in Brickman Company, such as, personal day, sick day, Holidays, vacation nothing.
Wellness Company
Some time I worked in the front, doing patient registration, the other time, I worked in other station, doing finger sticks, and the third station doing, consultation to the patients on their medical finding, including answered any question they may have, and transferred them to the Doctor for further process.
Assisted Living Facility
worked in the Front Desk received the Patients family, opened and closed for the families. have them signed and answered question if they have, took the request, and called the patient for their family. helped the patient with wheelchair doing transportation to their rooms. In the administrator Office, I did filing,
JP Family Medical Practice
did paper worked for the patients, and called them, doing vital signs, prepares treatment rooms for the patients. – less
Not a place to build a career
Supervisor (salaried) (Former Employee), avon, ohOctober 28, 2013
Pros: crews are full of good guys, some good feild supervisors
Cons: mid managment is apathetic, branch managment is deceitful and unethical
Company is an absolute cluster f. Most days were spent trying keep customers happy while trying to skip as much contractually promised work as possible(thats the big secret to brickmans profits). Brickman is NOT a drug free workplace. I stopped bothering to learn that names of the people that got hired because there was so much turnover. In the 6 months i was with the company we had well over 100% turnover, of the 10 people with the same position as me i watched 26 people fill those 10 spots in 6 months. I watched mid level managers get fired, demoted, suspended for H.R. issues and fired for getting – more... a DUI in a company vehicle.
I was lied to in my interview about the number of hours the job entailed each week (told 50 when 70 was reality), i was promised a raise on my 90 review, which i hadnt received as of my 6th month review (never got it), and when a job posted that would have been a promotion my branch manager lead me on for 2 months about it before telling me (on my last day; you do that math) that i didnt know that internal workings of the branch well enough for the position, yet they were hiring someone from the outside with no landscape expeiriance.
Not a place to build a career, use it for a fill in between jobs if you need to, anyone with a drivers licence can be a supervisor because the place turns people over so fast. insist on being paid hourly.
NO ONE will be promoted from within the branch as long as current branch manager is in place. – less
Bad management
Acct mgr (Former Employee), DelawareOctober 16, 2013
Cons: 60+ work week. managers are verbally abusive. unprofessional
This company is only worried about money. They take no pride and work your butt off. They speak to you like children. If you want to get burned out and verbally slammed all the time...oh and dont ever not meet your quota to upsell or for gosh sake...never loose a client...go for it
Very corporate and well structured business
Mowing Crew Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2013
Goal oriented and large nationwide company. Co-workers are friendly and easy to work with.
it was great to work with them
Landscape Laborer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 13, 2013
i learned a lot from workin at brickman they have teached a me a lot ab landscape an do a quality go at all times

About Brickman

The Brickman Group offers landscape design and maintenance services for college campuses, municipal properties, sports facilities, – Read more

Brickman Salaries