Bridge Terminal Transport Employee Reviews

awesome experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 1, 2015
That was the first company I have ever worked for that truly gave me the opportunity to write my own future. My successes and my failures were all within my control. A very high energy, intense work environment and then there would be the calm. Making sure my drivers always had work was the hardest part of the job. Knowing I was responsible for other peoples lively hood gave me the needed drive to perform.
Pros
Health insurance, compensation, never the same day twice
Cons
long hours, multiple cell phones, never off the clock
The WORST job I have ever had!!!
Payables (Current Employee) –  Corporate-CharlotteJanuary 30, 2015
Poor communication, upper management does nothing to improve working conditions. CEO and CFO are completely clueless, which resulted in Maersk selling the company. Through the years I have worked at BTT, there have been no great successes in the bottom line. The recent recession pretty much crippled BTT, as the then-new CEO proceeded to lay off 50-60% of the office staff and close terminals left & right. Subsequently, when people quit (and many have quit the place) their roles remained unfilled. I do not see BTT lasting another 10 years. Maybe 5.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJanuary 22, 2015
Good place to work. Management is very good for the most part but there is no room to grow.
Productive and great people to work with
Safety Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Great working environment and co-workers
Bridge Terminal Transport is the trucking
division of Maersk.
Very nice place to work
Customer Account Manager / Dispatcher Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GAOctober 14, 2014
people are nice, great benefits, working conditions are good, Drivers are really nice
Up and Down Work place
Intermodal Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAJuly 15, 2013
Sometime they had work and all the time bad loads. Savannah run pretty good pay. You can starve in the winter, little to no work at all.
Good job, with potential for great
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 7, 2013
Could be a great place to work if the workload for Owner Operators were more consistent.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Inconsistent work
family type place
Title Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  139 EASTPORT RDApril 29, 2013
Nice company to work for enjoyed my co- worker we were a family team.
It was a good work place.
Driver (Current Employee) –  TX.January 8, 2013
It was a good work place.
good relationship with co-workers
managment is fair
hardest part of the job was when times were slow
Pros
good wadges
Cons
slow times
Salary
Dispatcher/Coordinator/Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 6, 2012
Coordinated transportation schedules; organized the delivery of materials; monitored the delivery of freight over long and short distances; and coordinated delivery pickup and drop-off. Managed the routing of incoming/outgoing shipments achieving high customer satisfaction. Collected and processed contractor’s paperwork to ensure accurate customer billing and weekly driver settlement. Determined optimal routing by prioritizing loads, defining routes, and negotiating schedules with drivers. Communi-cated effectively with brokers, freight forwarders, steamship lines, shippers, and receivers. Scheduled appointments and ordered/ monitored refrigerated containers, flat-racks and open-top containers. Monitored import releases from the pier to prevent demurrage. Monitored equipment and handled concerns relative to pick ups and deliveries with drivers, partner carriers, and port operators. Oversaw customer-based managing systems, spreadsheets, and websites. Cross-trained to perform additional operational functions in the absence of a co-worker.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not a great team of employees/no structure
Comfortable environment to work in.
Owner/Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 1, 2012
Management and co-workers easy to work for and with. Definately be willing to return to BTT.
Good people to work with - but the mother company maersk has off the wall procedures & rules
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2012
Very good people to work with!! Terminal manager has more of a social life than worrying about being a terminal manager!!! He leaves major decision making and problem solving to his employees and thats only because he doesn't know what's going on from day to day because he is always on vacation!!! If you love a fast-paced enviornment this is a perfect place guess that's why I loved working there so much!! But you have to be willing to do all of it yourself there is no team work here!!! You will work your rear-end off day in and day out and there are people that are there bored and playing on the internet :-( but the office manager is an amazing women she should be the terminal manager!!!
Pros
fast paced, good co-workers & awesome office manager
Cons
terminal, manager, no-teamwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridge Terminal Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9