BRIDGE Employee Reviews

Fielding calls while besting the best
Senior, Best Buy (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day within this job would consist of fielding phone calls from customers and troubleshooting their issues and recommending solutions to better assist their customers. The first level of management is very knowledgeable in retail processes and management. The hardest part of the job at first is the learning curve because there is so much knowledge and ever changing processes within the company. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with co-workers and consistently learning the in's and out's of retail systems.
Pros
Fairly compensated
Cons
PTO and work life balance
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Worked here for two years and learned many valuable skills. Did everything from welding to working with metal to creating custom LED boards. Was very valuable and further confirmed that I want to be an engineer.
Client centered social services
Social Worker/Vocational Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2016
The Bridge provides client centered social services to marginalized populations who suffer from mental illness and substance abuse disorders
Well received and accepted
Dual Diagnosis Consultant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 20, 2016
Residential program for substance abuse population. Before starting: Bridge center did not have any services for co-occurring diagnoses. Time spent there offered exceptional outcomes,
Pros
Immediate gratification. Well received.
Cons
Persuasion in shifting traditional substance abuse treatment
Nice company to work; not great
Case Manager Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 18, 2016
Non-union exempt managers don't receive yearly raises or bonuses which can be frustrating. The clients are great but sometimes you have to go on strike to get a raise because the union has to come to an agreement every 3-5 years.......
Productive and very enjoyable job
Secretary and Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INOctober 18, 2016
Overall I fell in love with this job. Helping out the community and furthering knowledge on resources surrounding us. Supervision was minimum and though it was stressful at times I was always able to overpass obstacles and get the job done
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Nothing at all
Laid back environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAOctober 13, 2016
Outstanding company devoted to keeping families connected worldwide. I learned how to process bulk orders. My co workers were always respectful. The best thing about The Bridge was that it kept families in touch with each other
Fun workplace
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 3, 2016
The Bridge is a youth rehab facility. I enjoyed the employees and also being able to work with our clients that are teenage boys. I enjoyed them assisting me on various projects and being able to teach them various trades in which I am skilled.
Exciting, Friendly,
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Typical day at The Bridge is answering phones filling, updating clients charts, inputting new information for clients files, ordering supplies for two programs, checking the progress of co-workers paperwork, prepare for end of month billing, check cts. medicaid for activity, possibly call emergency personal for upset clients. I learned just how much I could endure from strangers and what should and should not be taken personally, and patience.
I worked with some of the most dedicated social workers who not only enjoyed their jobs but were also compasionate towards their clients and coworkers. We all became very good friends as well as coworkers. The hardest part of the job is having to call paramedics and police officers on clients who were unruly and not taking their medications. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and most of the clients were really good people.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
sometimes being in a hostile enviroment
Opportunity to have experience with different culture with a diverse mental competency.
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Engaged clients in activities to develop or increase their independent skills. Assist clients with basic living skills and providing coping techniques for their sobriety and mental health.
All about the Bridge
Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 23, 2016
The staff at the bridge is excellent. Management makes task easier by being detailed and not pressuring the employees with deadlines. The job is not difficult at all because we all work on one accord and that is to make sure each child in our custody receive the best treatment and counseling to improve themselves to be better people in society.
Great place, flexible schedule
Manage Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
Good way to start a career, but it needs more employee benefits. Great opportunity, not sure what else to say. you need to work there to see
A nice company to work for short duration
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 21, 2016
Scope of learning is high if put into right project. Weak management with no strong vision or direction. Project less resources are treated as people in body shopping organisation.
fun place to work at, loved helping people and the environment was great
Retreat Intern (Former Employee) –  Glen Rose, TX 76043August 19, 2016
Helped supervise other summer staff members and provided training to further their knowledge in cleaning the facilities.

Maintained and facilitated rules and regulations of recreational facilities to ensure discipline and safety.
a typical day at the bridge
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
a typical work day would be preparing breakfast for the elderly
preparing lunch for the elderly also
serving food for the elderly
when i worked there we didnt have enough staff made job difficult
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockwood, TNJuly 13, 2016
i worked 3-11 i got there did a walk through with previous aide. i checked everyone passed ice gave a shower if we had enough staff cause we didnt alot and i would have to work two halls. if not then i would have to check everyone on two halls then it would be time to take a 15 minute break. after a break would be time for supper.would take some to dining room.i would either stay on floor and pass treys or go to dining to pass and feed. after there supper we would take turns taking our lunch breaks.residents had activities sometimes after supper after our lunch breaks we would give showers and chart. start to lay residents down around eight thirty or nine depending on resident we would chart in between residents or when have time. give report to aide coming on shift at eleven.
great place to work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2016
taking care of the clients, making sure that all the basic needs were met. sitting with them on a weekly basis to get them on track for the up coming week, i loved this job.
the bridge
Housing Service Manager / Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 9, 2016
the bridge is a wonderful organization and they help the community. the hardest part of the job is dealing with clients with mental health. i've learned a lot there.
a positive place for male boys
Treatment Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 20, 2016
A typical work day starts off with exercise and school for the young males. then we have a study session after that around 10 o'clock there is snack time and hygiene time and after that then we have short therapy group time. I escort the children to various places on the campus that they need to go and I also take them to different facilities that they need to go to rather it be local or out of town in other parts of Alabama.
Pros
great therapy
Cons
need more activities
I have experience working with diverse populations; homeless individuals, individuals with mental illness and chemically dependent
program manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Managing a supportive housing program entails, supervising case managers and residential counselors. Ordering food and office supplies from vendors. Scheduling staff for each shift to make sure the residence is covered. Quality Assurance making sure that the residence is safe. Counting control substances after each shift and disposing out dated psycho-tropic and medical medication.
Pros
Providing a safe environment for individuals with mental illness.
Cons
Sending a resident to the hospital for non compliance of program rules.