Bridgepoint Education

Bridgepoint Education Employer Reviews

Great people challenges ahead
. (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2014
Really great people sad that the company is facing so many challenges
Great company
Workplace Services Administrator (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 13, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: unstable
Really enjoyed working for this company. Wonderful people. Awesome benefits.
Enjoyable place to work, learn and have a life.
USER INTERFACE USER EXEPERIENCE DESIGNER (Current Employee), San Diego CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: people, hours, quality of life, pay
Cons: job stabiltiy
Excellent balance of work life and quality of life. Creative team of enjoyable people to work with. Good place to learn and grow and contribute as an employee.
All the talent is going, going, gone...
Lead Business Intelligence Engineer (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: located in central san diego
Cons: stock purchase program is on hold, managers bonus is on hold, future prospects of the company and industry are not good, company is under investigation from several agencies.
This company is on a downward spiral. Executive leadership has not turned over since the company was founded. This company is very top heavy and filled to the brim of the friends of the founders. The only way to get promoted is to build relationships with the founder's inner circle. The ESPP has been cute and the management incentive plan has been cut. – more... Benefits are mediocre compared to many other companies in San Diego. All the good talent has left for greener pastures. The people that remain are those who can't find a job.

Executive decisions and ethics here is highly questionable. – less
Excellent, Professional Workplace
Student Inquiry Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: internal comitment to building culture is prevalent. outings, lunches, activities, games, the list goes on.
Cons: repetitive work -standardized
Positivity is essential here, and in the atmosphere of positivity, a culture is defined.
Run Away FAST
Student Dispute Resolution Facilitator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2014
Promotion in the this company does not happen. You have to play the game! Ever hear the old saying "what employer wouldnt work their employees to death?", here it is especially true. This company has gone down hill in recent years, and there is no surprise why.
Worst Job Ever
Graduate Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything you could possibly think poorly of.
Big brother. Uncomfortable. Unhealthy environment. Negativity poured out of this place. Only lasted 6 months but most people left sooner. Flooded people in and out of that place.
Collaborative environment.
Student Inquiry Coordinator I (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, gym, great people
Cons: unspoken expectations to be met, no upward growth, monotonous duties
Great culture, not much room for vertical movement, only lateral. Objectives and mission of the organization are the main focus and all decisions derive from the typical top-bottom.
It was a place where I was able gain corporate experience
Admissions Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 29, 2014
I was able to gain corporate experience while I worked there. I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers.
Bridgepoint
Matriculation Coordinator II (Former Employee), PowayApril 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great people
Cons: high turnover
High turn over, company has constant lay offs and rehirings.
The overall company is okay, for profit University and acts like it.
Student Inquiry Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: if management likes you, special treatments (favorites).
Monotonous job, management lacks communication skills.
I've learned that working for a for profit University can lack some of the morals and values that I have for myself and how I treat others.
There are great people working at this company, that are too smart for their positions and pay.
The hardest part of the job is having to sit and do the same – more... tedious job day in and day out. – less
Great Social Atmosphere
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers and location
Cons: too many changes, inconsistencies and contradictions in company culture
This is a good job to have as a stepping stone but not a great career, as I found it difficult to advance or get promoted and I was doing well with the company.
blind to the facts
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), san diegoJanuary 25, 2014
not a place to stay for long time...wanted to make it work ..but no resources and they fired me and 2 thousand other admissions reps for not producing even though i signed up 100 student in 6 months
Great environment to learn and produce quality work.
Temporary Editorial Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: everyone is very upbeat and helpful.
Cons: the company is still in its youth and therefore, there aren't many opportunities to advance.
Beginning in September, I began working at Bridgepoint with the goal of learning as much as possible. I believe I did just that, but only through the tutelage of a handful of friendly, outgoing and thorough managers. Not only did they make me feel comfortable from my day one, they provided me with a steady stream of assignments that gradually tested – more... my abilities. Through these tasks, I found a passion for the world of publishing I had not felt in anything I had endured throughout my young working career. Overall, I am very thankful for what Bridgepoint meant to my career. – less
It was fun at the begining
Manager, State Compliance (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: cafeteria, gym and parking garage on site
Cons: poor corporate communication, maniacal change management, lack of care of individuals
I started as an enrollment advisor and was under tremendous pressure to enrollment students on a weekly basis. Though the rules have since changed and the law forbids increase in pay based on the number of students enrolled, the pressure still exists just in different formats. I transferred to a different department after a year where I worked until – more... I was released (RIF) after more than 6 1/2 years as a dedicated and competent employee. Some things were good; the benefits were excellent, the pay (at least for me) was good though towards the end I deserved more pay than I was getting for the work I was doing, and the people with whom I worked were amazing. However, senior and executive management disappeared from pretending to care about their workforce to never being seen in public within the ranks. Communication within the company was horrible and in the absence of accurate information, gossip and rumor tends to fill the gap - a sure fire way to deflate morale and performance expectations. Overall I had a good time while it lasted, was disappointed when I was let go, but my health has improved immensely since then so I guess it was meant to be. – less
Not the best, not the worst
Learning & Development (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: -free education, -easy work, -typically a fun atmosphere
Cons: -drama, -lack of values and ethics throughout, -
Bridgepoint Education is not the best place to work for, and it is certainly not the worst. They are an average, middle-of-the-road corporation. Some pay bands were competitive, and some were not. Management ranged from horrible to good, although very little in the way of excellent. Much of your advancement opportunities comes from joining their internal – more... management fast-track group, as well as who you know and who you can suck-up to. The benefits were decent and included free education at their subsidiary, WASC accredited Ashford University. Overall, yes, they were about making money (as any business is!), but they also give back substantially to the community. The organizational culture is very young, and immature, so it lacks some of the security and maturity of a more established corporation. Lastly, the C-level executives don't seem to have much contact or understanding of the lowest levels of their organization which can cause consternation when changes are filtered down. In my opinion, BPE is dead center on a normal business organization today. – less
A great example of the golden rule: The gold is the rule
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: pros, they pay you
Cons: manipulation, moral stress, federal financial aid squandering
If you only care about your paycheck and don't mind selling out education then this may be a great workplace for you. But as a recruiter there I was instructed not to answer phone calls from students who were past a certain point of enrollment because they were likely to be crying about their lack of help and success in their automated online courses, – more... and how they are now indebted to Ashford for their financial aid (that they owe back) and their first course to AU. They call it "drinking the Kool-aid" there, it means acting like you believe the hype there (with a facial expression much like a cult member telling you about their spiritual experiences), to get on with management who are much like some kind of awful twilight zone episode.

I was instructed to ask potential student's how they will feel when their children have to tell people that they don't have an education to play on their emotion to get them to sign up.

But, it's all legal and the money will make you appear to be a successful US citizen! – less
Professional Environment
Operations Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2013
One of the best places to develop as a professional. Excellent training. Employee focused.
Lucky to work with great management.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Clinton, IAAugust 29, 2013
Just had an awesome time while working an easy job and learning a bit about how to deal with people.
Same place as others
CONTINUAL SERVICE IMPROVEMENT MANAGER/ARCHITECT (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: free education
Cons: progress is stifled
Same place as others. Not much difference.
a typical day at work,management, co-workers

1 2 3

About Bridgepoint Education

Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and – Read more