Bridgepoint Education Employee Reviews

Typical day
Student Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2017
cold calling from lists of new and old leads.unprofessional culture with very little to no advancement possibilities. would not advise to anyone looking for stability.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
instability, questionable practices
bridgepoint education
Ashford University Enrollment Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  1515 arapahoe st denver coloradoJanuary 22, 2017
my experience as an employee of Bridgeport education was positive from my colleagues to management i have encountered nothing but a family orientated environment that was conducive to the students learning structure.
Happy they let me go
ENROLLMENT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2016
Terrible place to work. They pitch it like it's education, but you are truly just making 200+ calls per day, qualifying prospective students for Federal grants and loans. High-pressure, horrible management, and treat you like a child, micromanaging every move you make. I was not cut out for this, it felt crooked. I was let go on my birthday. Best present ever.
Pros
Nice Coworkers, nice building.
Cons
High-stress sales, 200+ calls a day, treat you like a child, management.
good place to work right after college
Enrollment Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2016
It a stressful place to be they monitor everything you do all day. Its mostly performance based. Most people end up quitting more than they get fired. I can be rewarding at times when you actually get through to a student.
Pros
Team events
Cons
Monitoring your whole day
Great Company to work for.
University Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2016
A very a high energy job that is very manageable if one has the innate ability to compartmentalize and strategize. Bridgepoint is geared towards creating a culture that is encompassing by all employees as well as their students.
not a good place to work
Admissions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2016
This company treats its employees very poorly and most run for the door once they see there is no upward mobility worth waiting on. They have a poor retention rate and I would not refer my enemy there.
Great Place For Young Professionals
Enrollment Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2016
Bridgepoint Education has been a tremendous opportunity for me to grow both personally and professionally. My skill set has increase exponentially and i would not trade my experience with the organization for anything. It has given me so much over the last five years and anyone who has been here for that long should concur with that statement.
An Excellent, Challenging, yet Difficult Place to Work
Enrollment Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2016
8-5 PST

Management is excellent, but can be overbearing and and challenging to work for.

Competitive pay.

One can truly see the impact they have on the lives they touch.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Uncertain, Intense, and sometimes Unrealistic Expectations
great people around you
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 17, 2016
tough to retain students, but some of them are very fun to talk to, co workers are awesome. Things change often and the job can be extremely repetitive.
Great Sales Training with High Pressure to Perform
Enrollment Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2016
Bridgepoint Education offers it's employees some of the best sales training I've received in my 4 years of sales experience. However, because of federal law, they cannot reward you more for higher performance. However, the pressure for the highest level of performance is still in full force. High pressure for the same pay.
Pros
Free Eco Pass, Decent Wage
Cons
High Sales pressure without higher rewards
Work environment is Productive
Student Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2016
Work environment is very production in this company. There are large amounts of resourses for being successful at this company.
Pros
Cons
Heavy Traffic
terrible place to work
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2016
Management is cruel. Nit picking stressful. Treats one like children. HR is always threatening. One never knows where you stand. Insensitive and show no compassion. Management only looks at numbers and it is a sweat shop. Most co-worker are great but some are brown noisers Love the students but they are reduced to numbers. It's all about the numbers.
Pros
location
Denver's Premiere Pain Management
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2016
Denver Pain Management is one of Denver's premiere pain management clinics. The staff is friendly, professional and devoted to helping their patients receive quality healthcare.
Productive and Innovative Environment
Student Inquiry Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 5, 2016
There is not a day that goes by at Bridgepoint where I do not feel productive, or that I don't love working with my employees. My job duties include multi-tasking to the extreme. Not only am I involved or heading multiple projects, but I am also responsible for a group of employees (10-20 people) and their coaching and development. It's a fast paced job, where if you are not driven you can become stagnate. I am naturally a driven person, so starting up projects or finding work come naturally to me.
Pros
Good pay and compensation
Cons
No growth opportunities
Employees are treated well.
Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
Bridgepoint is a good company to work for because they do not micro-manage, Managers allow employees to take on extra responsibility if they choose to.
A good place to work
Enrollment Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2016
The company provides multiple training opportunities to improve your skills. Directors and managers are helpful. Goals are not extremely high and attainable if you manage your time well and apply coaching.
Pros
Work, life, balance
Cons
For the responsibilities given, admissions should be paid more.
it is ok
Do Not Wish to Disclose (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2016
There has been a lot of layoffs, the management is not professional and there is no accountability for them. Also, there is a lot of favoritism and no opportunity for growth. They also have a cap on how much you can make, so it does not encourage you to stick around. They do offer some departments flexible schedules, but not everyone. The health care plan and annual raises are declining year by year.
Pros
Flexible schedule in some departments
Cons
Unprofessional, no growth, low pay and poor medical plans
Productive, fast paced work environment
Enrollment Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 26, 2016
Ashford University has a fast paced, fun work environment. The compensation isn't competitive in this job market, but the great people who work there make up for it. I love my co-workers. The hardest part of my day is working with difficult students, but it's always rewarding when I am able to help them!
If you want a secure job without high pressure sales, stay away!
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2016
I recently worked at Bridgepoint aka Ashford University as an enrollment advisor. During the interview they stressed to me that I would have "numbers" or "metrics" I would have to meet monthly, which I am comfortable with due to 4 years of call center experience. I knew that we would also be doing outbound cold type calls to leads given to us. However, whenever I had a potential person of interest to get into school, the "high pressured sales tactics" kicked in with management. If a student needed time to think about getting back into school, or they had a huge family crisis they needed to deal with, I would follow up with them in a few weeks to see how things were going. But, management didn't like that and kept telling me to ask "why later and not now?" Which would make me look like I had no compassion for what was going on in their life.

If in the interview they stressed the intense sales like need, I would have never taken the job. I did meet some great people who did enroll under me and loved my co workers. It was the poor threatening management team that I could care less for. All we got daily were very open threats that our job was not secure, if we didn't enroll enough students each month and retain them. I don't care for that kind of management tactics and I only stayed 7 months.
Pros
co-workers, and students
Cons
management, high pressured sales
Good place bad location
ENROLLMENT SERVICES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2016
A great place to work but the location was less than desirable. They definitely try to take care of their employees but the opportunities for advancement were virtually none existent.
Pros
Good hours for breaks and pay
Cons
location and advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgepoint Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9