Bridgeport Hospital Employee Reviews

a hospital work environment.
Unit Secretary Intermediate Care Area (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 20, 2017
Long 12 hour shifts. Some days busier then others.Management could use some improvement. Loved meeting new people,and helping bring a smile to those not feeling well.
Great Place to Work
Department Coordinator/Educator, Pulmonary Program (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 17, 2017
Friendly Environment
Employee Centered
Patient Centered
Strict Adherence to Mission and Vision
HRO Workplace
Participates in Shared Governance Practices
Lot of personal satifation
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 13, 2017
good work area. good workplace. they made sure you were up to speed on all training and skills. Hardest part would be not getting extra help when needed.
My first medical job
Radiation Medicine - Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 6, 2017
I found Bridgeport Hospital was why I have stayed in the medical field for 28 some years. Never having any medical background and saw how I grew and found it challenging and interesting.
Pros
To have the opportunity to learn the medical field
Cons
Learning so much without having a medical background at that time
I enjoy activities because it make the residents. Happyl
Certified recreation assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 2, 2017
Working with people who really dont have no one but can count on you that make a different in peole live so i go to work to be the best i can
Pros
I enjoy residents
Cons
Short lunch bteak
Great work environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 24, 2017
I am happy that I was given the opportunity to work at Bridgeport hospital. I was able to become a phlebotomy and EKG technician free of cost during orientation. The pay is great and there is lots of opportunities to grow as a CNA.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Extremely busy at times
An amazing experience
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 12, 2017
The staff I interacted with were extremely friendly and helpful. As an intern, I got so much experience and exposure to my field of study. I got to do a lot of independent work that I knew was having a beneficial impact on the hospital environment. I learned that I love this field. I would definitely work there full time if given the chance.
Productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 11, 2017
As a dietary aide, my main job responsibilities include helping in the office and preparing the food for the patients and assist any residents that need help eating their meals. In the office I take phone calls and enter patients food choices and making sure each patient is content with their food and the food that is being given is right for their health and diet. The dietary aide works along with the dietary manager to prepare meals. I also assists in clean up, kitchen maintenance and setting up and taking down the dining areas. Other job duties include delivering food to residents' rooms, preparing and serving snacks and taking inventory of food and kitchen supplies. Dietary aides must learn the protocols and procedures for their facilities, as well as the rules and regulations for the states where they work
Pros
Easy going envirnoment
Cons
Short staff
great organization
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 8, 2017
excellent hospital to work in. the CEO is very personable. working in the OR is fulfilling. the culture of the OR can be better. older nurses and surgical techs are not very supportive or constructive of new staff.
Good Job
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2017
Working with patient and families. enjoy meeting new patients and speaking with the different insurance company. Every day I work with the Clinical Liaison to bring their patient into the facility
Central sterile technician
Central Processing Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 5, 2017
Very Stressful job, paid to little, a lot of favoritism in the deptartment, over worked, and under appreciated as a employee. Don't get enough money when you get a raise. And to little of a bonus as well.
Pros
Really is none
Cons
Pay
productive
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 17, 2016
great place to work. always fulfilled especially when you help some one feel better. its a clean hospital respected by many I would recommend every one
benefits
Cons
productive and fun work place
Podiatry Resident (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 14, 2016
Bridgeport Hospital is a private, not-for-profit acute care hospital located in Connecticut’s most populous city, primarily serving patients from Fairfield and New Haven Counties. Burn patients are seen in the Connecticut Burn Center—the only burn center in Connecticut—from throughout the state and neighboring states.
Multiple types of people and diversity, which makes for great networking and well rounded scope of acquaintances.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 2, 2016
This facility is also a great place to work. Everyone from all different job titles work together to get the job done. The emphasis is on caring for all patients, families and coworkers. There is a great feeling of commradity. There is always growth experience. Tuition reimbursement allows for everyone who is interested in exploring different careers to do so. This is truly a caring facility who's mission statement is strictly adhered to but not because it is enforced (it is) but because everyone has the same goals.
Pros
Competitive benefits, caring attitude, team players, many offsite locations so there is much opportunities for any perspective candidates.
Very Good place to work.
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 26, 2016
There are good days and bad days no matter where you work but being an employee at Bridgeport Hospital I won't say their perfect but their fair and very concern about their patients safety an their employees it's never a dull moment ... I like my job all 18 years of it to me it's a great place to work and grow.
Cons
cheaper benifits
Safe environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 12, 2016
I enjoy being a member of Bridgeport hospital, Yale new haven health system. The unit I work on is very focused on patient care and safety. The whole hospital has an overall positive experience.
working wtih patients
Medical Physicist (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTOctober 8, 2016
Typical work day was 8-10 hours, 30% of the time was spent with patients. The rest was mostly problem solving.Working in a large environment with many patients is quite rewarding.
Nice place to work.
Projects (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 1, 2016
I really like working for this company, great people and atmosphere to work. The only down side to working here at the position that I'm in is the pay. If it was not for the pay I would like to stay here.
Pros
The people
Cons
pay
Team player at the Lab
Centeral Processor (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 23, 2016
I've been working for Bridgeport Hospital for about 12 years. Working in the lab we all pitch in and help each other out. We work together and help each other in order the process our work load. Awesome place to work.
Pros
We work together
Cons
Their is no cons
Dietary Clerk and Nutrion assistance
.Dietary Clerk Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 17, 2016
I would come in at 8am Good Morning to everyone go into my office and answer the phones. The nurses will send the menus down the shoot and I would pass the menus to each nutritionist and I would handle mine witch was the Maternity Ward and Luscom9. MY management was good and my go workers where wonderful. The hardest part of my job really was learning the menus or the different diets that were new but the nutritionist would always help if I had questions. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co workers and my patents they were very special to me.
Pros
Working in the Hosptal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgeport Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.