Bridgeport Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

too much favoritism and unbalanced work load
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 27, 2016
I worked there for several years and as time passed it was obvious that there was blatant favoritism towards a couple of the employees in my small department. Management would approve a pto day then demand to know after the fact why it was taken and would not approve the day in the payroll system as a scheduled day unless they were told why it was taken. This is a serious privacy violation, yet it only happened to me. Also when there was a new job function added to the admin staff, it was always attached to my already extremely heavy workload. Management would berate me in front of other staff members, physicians and executive leadership, many of whom would approach me afterwards and tell me how unprofessional that was and urged me to file a complaint.

Also I feel in the position I held, there was no opportunity for any career advancement.

On the bright side I did enjoy working with the many physicians in my department, the other staff and especially the patients.

It's very unfortunate that after so many years of service I felt I was being pushed out so I chose to leave the hospital. My health was suffering (I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, a stomach ulcer and suffered a mini stroke. Due to my stress levels being so high my family life was also being affected negatively.
I would never work there again.
Pros
Holiday luncheon, great benefits good PTO time
Cons
no advancement, poor management, poor human resources dept
Very Diversified
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 11, 2016
I was in charge of Electronic Medical Records, Insurance Pre- Certifications, Confirmation Calls, Office Supply Inventory as well as filing reports, receiving / stocking office supply orders, and other jb tasks as needed. No chance for advancement and no recognition.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Very stressful.
Great palce for motivated caregivers.
Staff RN Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 9, 2016
Many of the employees here have great work ethic and it truly does start from the top. They care for the patient but give empathy towards the employees as well.Management really cares.
Productive and fun workplace
PULMONARY/MED-SURGE REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 9, 2016
Bridgeport Hospital is a great environment to work. This place offers room for growth and advancement. The staff and entire team offers support and a strong foundation for new nurses.
Pros
Benefits and education promotion
Cons
patient nurse ratio
bittersweet
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co workers. We always kept each other in good spirit, Management played favorites talked down to people were rude and did not care what was going on in your personal life as long as you came to work.
Pros
hours, co workers
Cons
management
good job
PHLEBOTOMIST/PCT (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 16, 2015
worked all over hospital, from pdiatric and geriatric venipunctures to blood cultures,heelsticks and fingersticks.did data entry,patient vitals,telemetry,specimen processing and specimen packageing.
Pros
great benefits
a great place to work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 3, 2015
Fun day to day challenges. A great team enviorment. I enjoy the people I work with daily.

Fun projects and giving back to community
Bridgeport Hospital
Marketing Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 17, 2015
I had the pleasure of temping there to 8 months, It is a great place to work for with great people in a great environment. I highly recommend Bridgeport Hospital to anyone looking for employment.
No thanks
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 16, 2015
Your only a #. They don't care about you as a person, there's no incentive to work harder like towards a goal & or any job advancement
RN SurgEase Ambulatory Surgical Center (PACU) (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 27, 2015
Great employees, excellent work-life balance.

If only the rest of the hospital was able to mirror the teamwork, autonomy, and driven atmosphere, I would have been able to give the hospital 5 stars.
Rewarding place to work
RN case manager (Current Employee) –  Bigeport CTAugust 21, 2015
Bridgeport hospital is a very good place to work. It is encouraging for the staff to return to school for further education. The organization provides tuition reimbursement
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Benifits not great
love my job
Patient Care Technician I (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 8, 2015
A very good place to work. coworkers are very good. My Nurse Manager is the best.I recommend Bridgeport Hospital to everyone who is looking for a better care and also everyone who is looking for a job..
superior work, while under the gun.
Certified Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 2, 2015
on a daily basis was responsible for cleaning, decontaminating, washing, processing, putting together, operating-labor delivery-ER-and day surgery, medical instrumentation. sterilizing instruments and scopes using ETO-steam- hydrogen peroxide process. keeping all records of spores and sterilizing every day. testing sterilizers daily. cart assembly and code carts. delivering instrumentation to the various operating rooms while providing excellent customer service. working with other techs, assistant / manager doctors and other hospital staff.
Prodcutve team environment.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working at Bridgeport hospital was making patients smile and meeting their needs everyday. Also being able to have employee appreciation day every year made working at Bridgeport hospital a very enjoyable environment to work in.
Productive workplace and youmust be ready at all times.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  267 Grant Street Bridgeport ConnecticutJuly 16, 2015
Bridgeport hospital took me on as a new graduate and molded me into a skill professional able to provide critical care safely, correctly and in a tmely manner.
Caring and hard working employees
C1 R.N. (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, Ct.July 1, 2015
Offer employees with many opportunities to obtain/renew credentials. Preceptor progam is excellent. Need to support the "corporation" or you face serious consequences.
All the employees are excellent to work beside. We focus on patient/family satisfaction. We provide excellent care to our patients even though the unit may be understaffed on any day.
Pros
Open cafeteria for night shift.
Cons
Alot of activities/programs focus on day shift and not off shifts.
So-so at best
nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport HospitalJune 23, 2015
Good place to start and get your feet wet in the nursing field as it can be very difficult to get that first job. Do not expect to stay there and be happy for the long term. They are continuously hiring new grads so the feeling is as you mature as a nurse you cost too much and they look for reasons to push you out. Take advantage of whatever learning you can and get out on your terms.
Pros
discounted meals in cafe, some good people working in various depts throughout building
Cons
many people that are clueless in the art of nursing, refuse to bend/go with flow (very inflexible)
learning experience
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 8, 2015
great education for clinical student from Goodwin college, Anyone from school should choose Bridgeport Hospital for there clinical education
Pros
on hands experience
Cons
not enough time
Offers great work lift balance
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 30, 2015
Bridgeport Hospital has provided me with a great work life balance as they are supportive of all my endeavors, such as going back to school for my MBA. In leadership roles, there is not room for growth.
Student Nursing Assistant
Student Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 10, 2015
Working with the patients at Bridgeport Hospital allowed me to further my knowledge of certain skills and tasks. The PCT's as well as the RN's helped me to effectively work with the patients. I've performed tasks such as; reporting VS (vital signs), providing catheter care, as well as grooming and bathing.