Bridgeport Hospital

Bridgeport Hospital Employee Reviews

So-so at best
nurse (Former Employee), Bridgeport HospitalJune 23, 2015
Pros: discounted meals in cafe, some good people working in various depts throughout building
Cons: many people that are clueless in the art of nursing, refuse to bend/go with flow (very inflexible)
Good place to start and get your feet wet in the nursing field as it can be very difficult to get that first job. Do not expect to stay there and be happy for the long term. They are continuously hiring new grads so the feeling is as you mature as a nurse you cost too much and they look for reasons to push you out. Take advantage of whatever learning you can and get out on your terms.
learning experience
Student Intern (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 8, 2015
Pros: on hands experience
Cons: not enough time
great education for clinical student from Goodwin college, Anyone from school should choose Bridgeport Hospital for there clinical education
Offers great work lift balance
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTApril 30, 2015
Bridgeport Hospital has provided me with a great work life balance as they are supportive of all my endeavors, such as going back to school for my MBA. In leadership roles, there is not room for growth.
Student Nursing Assistant
Student Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTApril 10, 2015
Working with the patients at Bridgeport Hospital allowed me to further my knowledge of certain skills and tasks. The PCT's as well as the RN's helped me to effectively work with the patients. I've performed tasks such as; reporting VS (vital signs), providing catheter care, as well as grooming and bathing.
Dieatery aide
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 19, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: the compensation
This company has many pros and cons ; but overall its a job and my usual work day runs busy but smooth. The department I work in is food and nutrition, It is fast paced but overall a great experience.
Great place to start
RN (Current Employee), BridgeportJanuary 9, 2015
Great place to gain experience. Learned a lot and I have great co-workers which is a plus.
Toxic clinical environment
clinician (Former Employee), BridgeportDecember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits were pretty good and the salary was ok, fair amount of vacation time given to employees, they have parking but you have to pay for it.
Cons: bullying clinical culture, highly toxic environment, lack to supplies to do the job, poor management
No team work. Bullying tolerated. Employees are not trained appropriately and do not know the policies and procedures of the hospital. Little accountability in management. MDs and residents can be fairly nasty towards hospital employees at times- this is well known among the management and allowed to continue. Passive aggressive nursing staff and management. Nursing management does not encourage growth within the organization. Difficult to get the basic supplies needed to do your job. Education department will deny new employees orientation and computer training because "they are not on the list", so you may start without orientation or training.
High risk LD unit
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTNovember 8, 2014
Pros: very rewarding
Cons: short breaks, very physically demanding
Being a labor and delivery RN is an extremely rewarding job. It's a privilege to be such a part of a person's most intimate experience. The team worked together very well, especially since this is a high risk unit and we dealt with many emergent situations.
TV in the staff room
RRT (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTAugust 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: mangement
Everyone was afraid of the manager. Everything gets back to the director who is not afraid to call some out on this
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTAugust 21, 2014
Bridgeport Hospital is an excellent place to work. it is a very fast pace environment, and the coworkers are very helpful.
A nice place to work
Registered Nurse Women's Care Center (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTAugust 15, 2014
If you are looking to work at a Hospital with an AWESOME team, BH is the place! I have the BEST coworkers ever!!!
good customer service , and highest in servays for Bpt. Hosp.
Account Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTAugust 13, 2014
Pros: 45 min lunch
Cons: no brakes
New system was added to the hospital in September of 2013. We were all changed from departments , so I was transferred to OBGYN
The doctors and nurses were always very demanding for faxes and letters to be sent out. I had to Register and give patients return appointments. I also attended calls for doctors and nurses, distribute mail, co - workers were not very helpful.
The hardest part of the jobs was trying to do two things at a time, registration and making return appointment.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the hospital parties and awards for employees
productive place to work
Bridgeport Hospital Student Nurses Aide (Former Employee), bridgeport ctAugust 12, 2014
Very productive place to work. You learn about using different equipment. you meet new clients and learn different personalities and how to handle different situations and ilness.
Great benefits
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTAugust 11, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
Great benefits, face pace environment, teamwork. Learned many new skills
Great Place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJuly 28, 2014
It is a great place to work if you can find the right department to work in some are better than others.
high maintainace for quality care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJuly 15, 2014
Pros: helping
Cons: na
absolutely a fun place to work. management was outstanding. although I don't work there anymore I still have close and tight relationships with my co workers. always learning something new everyday.
Fast pace job
CNA (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 30, 2014
Face pace job. Not given the opportunity to get more learning opportunities in the areas that I was weak during orientation.
Worked evening shift doing daily care, phlebotomy, glucose monitoring.
Coworkers were helpful
Hardest part of job, was managing everything that needed to be done in the time allotted.
It's part of a big organization
Emergency Department Business Associate (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 14, 2014
I learned a lot at my time with Bridgeport Hospital. It's a part of a bigger organization.
making a clean and sanitary environment for the hospital
Team Lead Environmental services (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTMay 31, 2014
Pros: taking pride in knowing the patient is comfortable
Cons: some co workers are not team players
Ensuring the cleanliness and sanitary environment for the hospital.
Not a very productive workplace
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTMay 22, 2014
Lots of different hats had to be worn on a daily basis. You respond to different people. No one ever knows who is the manager for the day and proper employee representation is not given.

1 2 3