Bridgeport Hospital Employee Reviews

It was just work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CT 06610February 3, 2018
A typical day at work would be setting up your cleaning cart then logging into the system which would lead to to a specific floor which would tell you which room to go to and clean which you would take all the dirty linen out and put it in linen bag then you would take out all of the trash in the room first in foremost you would start cleaning by disinfecting the bed and letting it sit for 10 min then you would clean after else after that you would make the bed up then sweep and then mop the floor before mopping you would have to put down a wet sign of course for safety pro caution the max time the would expect you in a room would be a half an hour after any longer they would expect that that would be a pre caution room that is being clean
I love working at Bridgeport hospital
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 24, 2018
I worked in the nursing home setting for years. I now work at Bridgeport hospital And I love my job as patient care tech. I have learned to blood draws. EKGs Everyone works has a team My manger is the nicest boss I have ever had
Pros
Great benefits. Great coworkers who work has a team
Cons
You wish you worked here
Professional Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Pay is great
Annual bonus
PTO
OT if you want
Paid extra to come in when it's in inconvenient
The experience leads to more job opportunities
My boss is awesome
Yasssss, this is a real review
Pros
Not enough space here to tell it all
Cons
You work hard (that's everywhere, duh)
Fun, quick paced
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 11, 2018
Learned a lot about different pharmaceutical products and physical therapy, you meet a lot of knowledgeable people, and people with very interesting life stories.
Poorly run department but the hospital is great to work in.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 9, 2018
Working in Bridgeport Hospital is very nice, they're great people there who are kind and helpful just stay away from the food and nutrition department they're absolutely unorganized, lacking communications skills and only hire you per diem and then use you to their advantage. You constantly get thrown around and never have a set schedule working mostly nights 4-8 with constant call outs so they're short every day and you end up working everyone's job!
Pros
Opportunity for advancement or changing to other departments.
Cons
Unorganized, very poor management
Good place to work and grow
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 27, 2017
Good place to work,job security and benefits r great never had a problem with management. Advanced my knowledge as an rn. Would gladly go back if position is available
Administrative Assistant to CFO promoted to the Admin to the COO of the hospital and secretary to the Building Committee of the Board of Directors
Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 25, 2017
Typical day was to support the COO's communication with all departments and do rounds of the hospital with her taking notes on issues. Follow up paramount.

Hardest part of the job was to balance intense responsibilities of my job with my job as a mom.

Most enjoyable was that I made life long friends that I am still in contact with today.
Pros
Benefits were the best I ever encountered, staff support exceptional
Cons
Caught pneumonia twice in the environment.
Very prdinary
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 8, 2017
Management is rude and not willing to work with staff. They lack manners. Coworkers were incredible. Very friendly. Working environment was clean. Pay was fair.
I enjoyed working there
Receptionist- Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 28, 2017
It was pleasant working at Bridgeport Hospital and greeting the patients upon their arrival. Working with my coworkers made it enjoyable to come to work everyday.
Pros
greeting patients
Cons
only had part time hours
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 27, 2017
would recommend this place to work, great benefits, job security and management is fair. i enjoyed working for bridgeport hospital. i only left to pursue another position in a different field.
fine hospital
Travel nurse MCCU (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 8, 2017
at that time i felt the hospital was old and run down, really need some keep up work. I hope hospital is looking better. the busiest ICU I had ever worked.
Salary is too low
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 8, 2017
Salary and benefits are horrible despite increasing workload.
No discount if use own hospital facilities
Annual raises are 0%-3% (never get entire raise)
Cons
one 30 min break for 12 hour shift
Rewarded workplace where you can make a differece in others.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 7, 2017
Rewarded and fun workplace with free breakfast on weekend. Opportunity to make a difference in people, to learn about culture competencies and diversity.
Pros
Free breakfast on weekend
Cons
Fast paced workplace
Bridgeport Review
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 3, 2017
Brideport is a good place to work. Everyone is friendly and management is very flexible. Move from one position to another can sometimes be difficult and time consuming.
Great teamwork and place to work as a hole
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 24, 2017
Great staffing all around with a lot of team building characteristics. also, most organized critical care facility. Patients satisfied with care as well as less waiting time compared to other facilities.
Pros
loved holiday event and dinners/ love staff
Cons
lowest paying RN job
not a fun place to be
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 19, 2017
I use to think this was the job to have very wrong. They only cater for upper management level. If you report something that is not right. You will be Targeted or you might find your self on the unemployment line.
Pros
its the job to have
Cons
on the other hand there is no diversity.
Great Place to Work
OB Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 6, 2017
Restock rooms and Triage area once the patient had left and the room was cleaned, Restock Triage general area, restock 2 O R areas. Receptionist on the night shift was also part of our duties.
C-Section duties as needed. I learned that I love being a Surgical Tech and I love L&D. Work place was a great comradery and teamwork support was a plus. The hardest part was that some nights got a bit tough, I'm trying to get used to working nights, a work in progress. The most enjoyable was seeing new life come into this world and the happiness it brings to everyone.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Nights are tough to work, Im a work in progress on this.
Patient Account Rep
Business Asst. / Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 10, 2017
Worked in a clinic setting. I enjoyed working with such a great team. The doctors I worked with always told me that I was always a pleasure to work with the patients adored me.
Detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
Radiology Film Librarian (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTAugust 9, 2017
Bridgeport Hospital Film Library open my heart to pursue my future in further my education within the medical field. I developed outstanding interpersonal skills along with organizational and problem solving skills. We displayed good leadership qualities with the ability to work in tandem with team, supervisors, and managers to improve performance and productivity.
Pros
fast-paced
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Fun and unforgettable experience
Escort patients (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 4, 2017
Always stay on task and don't be afraid to ask questions. They are very kind and helpful. It may be a little nerve wrecking at first depending if you're shy and scared to speak up but you'll be comfortable enough to speak up a little and eventually get used to it very soon.
Pros
Discount for lunch
Cons
No Artificial nail/ colors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgeport Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.