BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews

Direct Spport
Direct Support Professional (Caregiver) (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaJune 25, 2015
Good job, great benefits, very helpful company. Assisting clients. Transportation and making sure clients are supported on a day to day.
love what i do
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 4, 2015
I love what I do, but I disagree with some things and I believe workers deserve more pay and mileage. It is truly a job from the heart and that is the reward.
Great place to get training with disabled population
Director (Former Employee), INMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great contact and learning exerpience with the aged & disabled population
Cons: compay has process problems along with longetive in retention of staff & management
Working with the aged and disabled population is a wonderful experience. Learning all aspects of the state waiver program is a great skill set to have.

Working with upper management is often time difficult and retention of staff and management is not present.
A mess of an employer
DSP (Current Employee), Vincennes, INFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: working with unique people, and meeting even more, constantly busy.
Cons: constant shift changes and confusion, no one showing up to shifts, and management failing to answer phones.
In the short time I've been at this job, I've enjoyed it, my previous job was a lot like it, but Bridges is VERY different. Ran [poorly] by a handful of people who for the life of them cannot work with anyone or manage a friendly personality for 5 minutes. Constant schedule conflicts and shift changes, and multiple employees being led constantly into confusion by poor management. While I enjoy my job thoroughly, management at Bridges has been a drag.
Awesome rewarding job!
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2014
Awesome rewarding job!
Love working with our clients and providing an awesome service for them to get out into the community and the ability to be successful in their daily life!
horrible place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INDecember 30, 2014
Not compensated for hours worked. Office is unprofessional. Co-workers are unprofessional and uneducated.
Patient care
Caregiver (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part about this job was the patients. Management was poor.
its a company that made sure both staffs and clients are taken cared
Direct Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2014
when a client thought he cant accommodate me being muslim and the company made sure I got another client willing to accommodate me as a muslim and african
Easy job with great consumers
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 21, 2014
I loved this job but had to change my school schedule to work with my clients.
Not very good
Service Coordinator/Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 6, 2014
I loved the nature of the job but there was no gas reimbursement and we were expected to drive all over the place. Also, staff don't like to work and or stay due to lack of benefits. I was working well into the night many nights and at houses all the time due to lack of staffing. I had no personal life when I worked there.
A day at bridges
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 18, 2013
I actually LOVED working at bridges! The only thing is, they don't pay mileage and you HAVE to take clients where they want to go no matter how far, and also they could ever hardly give you 40 in one place. Sometimes you would get 2 hours here 10 hours there, and they wouldn't be close to you house at all.
Pleasant atmosphere but worked several hours
QMRP (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 18, 2013
Pros: gaining managerial experience
Cons: lack of training
I enjoyed being able to work hands on with the clients as well as gaining managerial experience.
Training was poor for when I first started due to it being my first professional experience.
Coworkers were fabulous.
Providing Care for people who are mentally disable.
Home Health Caregiver (Current Employee), Vincennes, INAugust 6, 2013
Taking care of mentally challenged people including cooking, transporting, giving medication and bathing.
Clients are enjoyable
Caregiver (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INSeptember 25, 2012
Since I work with special needs , I go into the clients house & provide the care. I have learned that when taking care of people , I am no longer my main priority , they are. The management was pretty nice , but had troubles findings replacements when things/obsticules within my own life occur upon warning. Since I give private care , I only work with my clients & their familes, though they vary. The hardest part of my job would honestly be excepting the paywages. I love doing everything else within my job, becauase i am takinf care of poepl , which is my dream goal in life.
Caring for my clients was such a rewarding gift.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Vincennes, INSeptember 6, 2012
I became very close to my clients and their family. While I would work long hours and many days a week, I loved what I did. Seeing the smile on their faces when I made them laugh was such a priceless memory. My co-workers were always on the same page and we never argued. I learned from working with this company that we can not take our abilities for granted, because there are people out there who struggle with daily tasks. Since I began working for this company, I knew right then and there that I would want to make this my career decision.
caring
Caregiver (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 13, 2012
Pros: co workers
Cons: breaks
typical day at work would be going into homes and caring for those with disabilities. I learned a lot from patience to understanding. Management needs some improvement on. The hardest part of my job was leaving my heart at home and doing my job. the most enjoyable part of it was getting to know each and everyone of my clients
Decent money, good schedule.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Vincennes, INJuly 9, 2012
Pros: decent pay for the area.
Cons: horrible management.
Management is horrible. People who deserve to be terminated are not.
Interesting place to work
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Muncie, IN 47303June 5, 2012
I am still in training so I cannot tell you about my experience there. I haven't been placed with any clients yet.
Assisting mentally or physically disabled individuals on a day to day basis
Responsibilities - Assisting (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 3, 2012
Pros: understanding, enjoyable, fun, romodel
Cons: n/a
Making a difference in another persons life and being a reliable person at the same time. Putting a smile on another persons face. Helping or teaching individuals the things they may need to know to help them become a successful person.