BRIDGES OF INDIANA Employee Reviews

bad place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 14, 2017
Bad work environment. Lack of advancement. Your efforts go unrecognized and you are left to make up for the employees who fall short. Long hours and you are constantly asked to cover shifts that people dont show up for.
They are okay company
DSP/Lead (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 14, 2017
I just feel you can't move up in the company I like that I can make my own schedule I don't like to think that I have to use my own gas very hard when you're in between work
Pros
You can make your own schedule
Cons
You can't make no more than $10
Unproductive
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 22, 2017
Lack of Communication, and there is not any guidance. The training is poor and most of the time I feel as though I have no one to give me any answers of questions or concerns that I may have or need to address.
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
Lack of Guidance and communication
stressful
Service Coordinator/QMRP (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2017
I had to babysit some of the most immature and ghetto staff. They never took their job seriously and I was always having to pick up slack for them. I never had any free time because I was always working.
Pros
great pay
Cons
idiot ghetto staff
Good business
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Terre hauteMay 25, 2017
Great company to work for love the individuals we work with love the staff and employees just all around good company if you love working with others
Don't get confortable
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 23, 2017
I worked at the company for a long time and slowly watched it go down hill. Turn over rate is very high and communication is very low. Pay is good but they do not pay mileage and they do not provide a vehicle. They have a van which sits most of the time and they expect you to drive clients everywhere. Once you get comfortable with clients and everything is running smooth they move you. They have asked me to clock times that I was not with a client ( I refused b/c it is medicaid fraud). Social coordinators do lie and won't text back. Clients can beat you up and your not allowed to call cops until higher ups give you permission. Also they do have health and dental benefits but it will take at least a weeks worth of pay out of every pay check(bi- weekly checks) so not worth it! All in all staff that still work for this company deserve a lot more than what they get thrown at them everyday, and clients deserve better also.
Pros
Some clients
Cons
Everything but some clients.
caring, but crazy stressful.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 10, 2017
Coordinators really care but the atmosphere is stressful. They pay rather poorly, but the pay in on par with industry standards. This type of job simply doesn't pay very high.
Absolutely unprofessional work culture
Behavioral Consultant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 28, 2017
If you want to work for an agency where you never meet your Manager or receive any feedback or support, I recommend working for Bridges. I voluntarily left a job to work there for less pay due to the "flexible work schedule." I usually worked 6 days a week, and there was NO supervision/staffing available when needed. I actually got a derisive email back from my Manager when I asked to meet for supervision. In the Mental Health world, supervision/staffing is standard best practice. There was absolutely NO training provided other than some powerpoints, peer training and eventually a group 2 1/2 day training 4 months after I began working there. If you enjoy working with clients and not doing secretarial work, I would suggest looking for a different agency. I found out AFTER i was hired that client contact was only 40% of the job. I still have some ethical questions about their billing practices as well. I suggest you look further if you want to work for an organization that prides itself on leadership, communication, diversity, and true teamwork.
Pros
clients were enjoyable
Cons
the agency is a mess leadership wise
Nice laid back work not ran to code fully.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 27, 2017
No room for advancement and top off pay $10.00 an hour no raises after. Most come in starting $10.00 an hour. Job is rewarding if you enjoy working with the mentally challenged.
Pros
Get to help the mentally challenged
Cons
High turn over rate
Unfair to employees!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 26, 2017
I'm from Lafayette and the management here is terrible. They treat you like you're just a warm body. They abuse their authority. They're dishonest. I would never ever let a loved one be under this management. They are back stabbing and very two faced. I REALLY think they need to ALL be fired. This company looks terrible just because the Lafayette office is so disgraceful.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this location.
No stability
Direct Support Professional - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 21, 2017
Not a stable work place. Not dependable schedule. They send u to any place knowing that there are bugs etc. Respect for their workers is lacking by most.
Pros
Hours to work as long as u can work whenever
Cons
Office needs structure
One of my favorite places of employment.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INMarch 21, 2017
Very fun environment and love all of my consumers. However, the only downfall of this workplace, is the lack of communication. There are a couple of things that could be worked on in the office.
Fun and rewarding career
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2017
If your looking for a constent schedule or picky with individuals and consumer needs this job is not for you. If your a college student and need a company to work with you and another schedule this is a company you'd like to work for.
Pros
Not paid gas mileage
Cons
Rewarding career
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 11, 2017
Love working with colleagues and consumers. Management is willing to listen to staff and work to solve issues if they arise. Consumers are grateful and so are their families. I take my consumers to shop, the mall, bank, fun events and help them have a meaningful day. Love what I do!
Pros
Colleagues, Consumers Work is fulfilling
Fun place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INFebruary 17, 2017
Great place to work. I got to meet new people almost daily. I am so happy I had the opportunity to work for such a great company. The management team was great
Wonderful Job for college Students.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INDecember 28, 2016
Wonderful job for people that are busy and stay in their cars a lot. The company as a whole is a wonderful company but the Vincennes, IN location it don't like to work schedule and it's either they way or no way. Make sure your schedule is what you really want cause they rarely work with your life schedule if it happens to change or something pop up.
Pros
You meet wonderful people and gain communication experince.
Cons
You put a lot of miles on your car and they have a very low gas mileage pay.
Works with schedule, decent pay, not professional
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 9, 2016
Poor management skills and very unprofessional supervisors, they do work with schedules, not much room for pay advancements and not paid enough to put up with everything that you do, very rewarding job
Unorganized Company with rude staff
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 21, 2016
I had many bad experiences during my working there. A typical day at work included a lot of drama, rudeness, and stress. The management is very unorganized. My co-workers were very rude and dramatic.
Idiots
Slave (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INSeptember 30, 2016
The new albany office is horrible. Haley lashbrooks has no idea what she is doing. She will lie to your face just to get you to work with a clients. I was told my pay would go up because I was promoted to house lead. I then got attacked by a client, got bit on the arm and proceeded to be fired. Also when we moved clients into their new home, she was supposed to drive the truck to move them but he fat self instead had my brother and I drive it, which we were not supposed to because it was in her name!!! Do not work for bridges of indiana!!! They should be shut down!
Horrible
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 24, 2016
Worked for this company and the coordinators are horrible, they have no respect for the staff and they are not professional at all..they do not pay enough to put up with what the stuff staff put up with..a lot of the staff are lazy, they leave the house dirty and they sleep on their shifts when they aren't suppose to ..On the plus side I loved the clients i worked with, they are the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
clients were amazing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BRIDGES OF INDIANA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9