Bridges Employee Reviews

Productive and fun crew with great attitudes and very kind .
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed all work at Bridges from being behind the cashier to pricing items or just helping customers. Most customers were patient and if not always got a friendly sales associate that was patient and kind to them. My co-workers were very familiar with their customers and spoke to everyone as an equal. Volunteering here taught me responsibility and how to be more patient and to pay close attention to others.
very good place to work
Senior Spectrum (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEMarch 21, 2017
i really enjoyed the time that i worked at bridges,as much as i loved the job i just couldn't live on the hours and money that i was making so i needed to find something more efficient for myself and family.
Good place to get experience
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAAugust 22, 2016
If you work the day shift you assist the clients with their medications and with the preparation of their breakfast/lunch. The clients attend different groups which are facilitated by the Mental Health Counselor and we keep track of what each client does throughout the shift via hourly rounds. At the end of the shift progress notes are written and submitted via Exym. The evening and overnight shifts are a little different. I learned a lot about client interaction and about the struggles that those with mental illness face.
Pros
Rewarding atmosphere
Cons
Limited shifts available
great company to work for. They help you improve in your career.
Carpenter Foreman/Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PANovember 6, 2016
Bridges and company is a great company. They have helped me improve my life, gave me the good opportunities to better my self. The guys i work with are great guys, they make it a good work place.
Habilitation
Habilitaion Trainer/ Youth and Family Trainer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYDecember 28, 2016
Working with physically and mentally disabled people fun rewarding great staff and positive environment pay is not that great and few benefits in all areas
Cons
Pay
Flexilble work environment with great management
Social Security Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAMay 14, 2016
I have a great boss and the program is focused on helping families who really need it. The hardest part of this job is the severe state families are in when they get to us. We have to provide support to these people in almost every aspect and the most important thing we can do is treat them like people, not just cases.
Great Non-Profit
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 18, 2016
Great place to work and volunteer for. I really like the people working there. It was quite a fun place to be. I highly recommend its services.
Very Great place to work for !
Club Leader (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 8, 2016
They Cared for there employees the pay was awesome and I kept good hours. I loved working with the kids and learning all the different personality's.
Stressful, but fun at the same time
Safety and Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEApril 12, 2016
My typical day at Bridges started with meeting the individuals at work for shift change. Then they would work til 3:15. Afterwards, some had paper routes that I would take them on. We would return to the individuals home and they would do their daily chores and relax until supper. I would verbally coach the individuals if they needed it in doing chores or making their supper. After supper I would prompt them to do their nightly routine and they would hangout until they decided to go to bed. I learned many different communication skills when working with different types of people. My coworkers were a huge family and a great support system when we needed each other. One of the biggest problem with Bridges is the management. Not everyone is treated fairly, people are favored, and some are fired for reasons that do not make sense. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know the individuals. I was with them all day at work and so you of course get to know them. Learn about their families, their past, their likes and dislikes. It was all around fun to get to know each person for who they were.
Relaxing organization to work for and extremely family orientated
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTAugust 26, 2015
I typical day would consist of following up on the status of on-going projects.
I learned about private cloud methodologies and implemented them across 3 organizations
My co-workers are GREAT
The hardest part of my job is not having the resources to to run the department effectively.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having the freedom to implement new innovation.
Pros
A great family work balance
Cons
I don't feel challenged
Great experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 8, 2016
amazing and eye opening experience, I learned a lot.I learned how to talk to clients as well as how to address crisis situation.
Typical day
CAREER COACH/CASEMANAGER/ESE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 19, 2015
Getting students briefed on days activity
Inclass room training on job safety issue while out on days rotation
Transport students to offiste roation
Meet with area business developig new job sites
Visit students at work siye
Office woek general
Report writing
Attending meetings

Hardest days task is getting a special needs child to stop doing something they are engaed in and really love doing

Most enjoyable part is getting a student work
Bridges is an okay place to work
Program Manager/Employment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 4, 2014
Okay place to work. There are challenges when working from a state contract and with DHS client's with barriers. My boss is the VP for Workforce development and she is an excellent boss. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with staff and when a client has landed employment. A typical day at work will be running reports for the Career Coaches to work, answering emails from DHS, resolving issues for the staff and clients and talking to irate clients.
Pros
offer a Zumba class
Cons
No raises or bonuses
Amazing workers and full of love
Crisis Intervention Counselor (Former Employee) –  Nashua NHAugust 26, 2013
This program saved my life. The people who work here are kind and loving. I have nothing but good things to say abut these people. Bridges workers will go out of their way to help if they can! I learned how to help others in crisis and ho to help them get into a safe living situation. I loved being able to help so many people who have been or currently are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Pros
Helping people all day every day
Interesting driving work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLDecember 20, 2013
A typical day at bridges is easy, I learned the routes by watching someone else who trained me, also how to record miles and fill gas tank with a pay card. Management I would say is good at what they do, just strict about rules concerning do's and dont's. The co-workers there are smart and very useful when it comes the associate meetings, they also maintain a good work environment and ensure that the clients procedures are met. There was nothing really hard about the job as long as you had good problem solving skills, the work was fairly easy, the most enjoyable part of the job was the driving, every client had a distance to drive, so that was interesting.
Pros
Take good care of their associates
Cons
Have to deal with mentally challenged clients behaviors
Cool job easy work
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 2, 2014
Working for the city is not bad. but working in the rain blowing and raking leaves off the curb was not a fun job. By the end of the day you were wet and muddy couldn't complain that's what the job was all about.
I have learned how to cut grass and line trim something I have never done before
The hardest part of the job was getting use to line trimming that was a must especially going around a tree
Clients are great, management not so much.
Client Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHAugust 7, 2015
Clients are great to work with and make the job enjoyable, the management can be very unreliable. Little to no experience needed to work here so co-workers can be very unreliable as well.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Unreliable management and co-workers
Wonderful place to work
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  rRockledge FloridaOctober 21, 2015
Bridge is wonderful place work and my boss wonderful person and people are wonderful and careing peolpe They would help thier employ they way they could
Pros
Good Job
Cons
PAY WASNT GOOD
Excellence
Certified Domestic Violence Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 29, 2015
Excellent working environment and compassion for the mental health of the members. The company is a great place to work.
Research Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2013
This was a productive internship because it allowed me to acquired many lab skills and techniques. Furthermore, It provided me with the opportunity of participation in an independent research project
Pros
Opportunity to learn new skills
Cons
Short period of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridges. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2