Bridges Employee Reviews

Alright overall
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 4, 2017
Good place to work overall. I loved the other staff members, my clients were so great. I really liked doing this kind of work.There were some scheduling problems, and a few times certain staff members wouldn't show up to relieve you at the end of your shift. I once had to work a 18 hour shift before relief came and I was exhausted. It was rare for me to get a weekend off even if I requested it months in advance.
Pros
Carry ins, friendly clients
Cons
scheduling
Day in the life
Intern (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 29, 2017
Well, it's kind of hard to explain my internship because I work with one of a few projects inside of the lab. However, the work environment there is extremely friendly and everyone there is willing to learn and build skills for our future.
Place went under
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, VAOctober 16, 2017
Place went under. Had problems with people stealing from them and lack of business they had to sell the place. Bosses were very kind all the time. One big family
They have no idea what they are doing
Administrator (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAOctober 4, 2017
They can not agree on a mission statement or universal business description. They an unseasoned Missionary running the business, and they are not straight forward with donors as to how funds will be used..Improper filing with IRS. Improper hiring methods, abuse of the term "contractor" REG FLAGS RIGHT AND LEFT.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Unstructured, Verbal abuse, no job security, no benefits
Bridges
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2017
I worked here while I was in high school for a summer job. I enjoyed my time here and learn so much from bridges. I was also apart of their youth program Bridge Builders. I learn so much about filling papers and organization.
Outstanding company
Bridges of Maine /BHP (Former Employee) –  Waterboro , MaineAugust 3, 2017
I loved working at Bridges. I was a BHP there. Clients were children with autism. Super staffing, and opportunity for both caregivers and clients. This is a great program, and is available through many social service venues .
Pros
Flexibility, creativity, able to travel
Good and friendly environment
Semi Flat Bed wide load driver (Current Employee) –  Newton, KSJuly 21, 2017
People are friendly, management is good and are family oriented. Provide Family dinners, bonus checks and work with employees when situations rise. Good company over all.
Pros
Free food/hotel stay when traveling over night
Cons
Labor also includes working in the yard besides drivingg
A typical day
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FLJune 15, 2017
Meet need of clients with developmental and intellectual disabilities
working on goals and personal needs. Helping with transitioning into a work field environment.
Productive.
Mental Health Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYMay 31, 2017
Learn many job sites and celebrate these when trying them in the community. Members learn to respect themselves and others. The hardest part of the job is treating everyone the same.
Pros
Cook good lunches.
Cons
learn to count back change.
Well organized and professional environment
Record Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 5, 2017
The work environment and management was very balanced and friendly to consumer who were in need of case management services and referrals. Well organized and helpful to all who were enrolled in the program.
Cons
not enough hours of work or job security and benefits
ADT teacher/ Direct Support staff
ADT Teacher (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 23, 2017
ADT teacher,My daily routine was teaching clients, goals to be met, watching them learn new skills, seeing smiles when they finished tasks.
Direct support job was to take care of clients that was unable to take care of themselves, like changing clothes, feeding, find skills/goals for them daily.
Must be able to deal with daily problems that arise each day.
Pros
teaching new learning skills
Cons
No medical benefits
very good place to work
Senior Spectrum (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEMarch 21, 2017
i really enjoyed the time that i worked at bridges,as much as i loved the job i just couldn't live on the hours and money that i was making so i needed to find something more efficient for myself and family.
productive fun place
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New City, NYFebruary 28, 2017
i loved working for bridges. The management is great as well as everybody that works there. they will answer any question or concerns you have.
Productive and fun crew with great attitudes and very kind .
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I enjoyed all work at Bridges from being behind the cashier to pricing items or just helping customers. Most customers were patient and if not always got a friendly sales associate that was patient and kind to them. My co-workers were very familiar with their customers and spoke to everyone as an equal. Volunteering here taught me responsibility and how to be more patient and to pay close attention to others.
Habilitation
Habilitaion Trainer/ Youth and Family Trainer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYDecember 28, 2016
Working with physically and mentally disabled people fun rewarding great staff and positive environment pay is not that great and few benefits in all areas
Cons
Pay
great company to work for. They help you improve in your career.
Carpenter Foreman/Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PANovember 6, 2016
Bridges and company is a great company. They have helped me improve my life, gave me the good opportunities to better my self. The guys i work with are great guys, they make it a good work place.
Good place to get experience
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAAugust 22, 2016
If you work the day shift you assist the clients with their medications and with the preparation of their breakfast/lunch. The clients attend different groups which are facilitated by the Mental Health Counselor and we keep track of what each client does throughout the shift via hourly rounds. At the end of the shift progress notes are written and submitted via Exym. The evening and overnight shifts are a little different. I learned a lot about client interaction and about the struggles that those with mental illness face.
Pros
Rewarding atmosphere
Cons
Limited shifts available
Great Non-Profit
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 18, 2016
Great place to work and volunteer for. I really like the people working there. It was quite a fun place to be. I highly recommend its services.
Flexilble work environment with great management
Social Security Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAMay 14, 2016
I have a great boss and the program is focused on helping families who really need it. The hardest part of this job is the severe state families are in when they get to us. We have to provide support to these people in almost every aspect and the most important thing we can do is treat them like people, not just cases.
Very Great place to work for !
Club Leader (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 8, 2016
They Cared for there employees the pay was awesome and I kept good hours. I loved working with the kids and learning all the different personality's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridges. Our community is ready to answer.