Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews in United States

very good
CNC Tire Module Operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 22, 2016
(12) hour shifts were sometime a little hard , learned how to build a tire . Train was very good , the co-workers was good to work with.
Management was good top to bottom.
Terrible leadership
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 21, 2016
Worked as a Store Manager,Service Manager and Tire Manager in the North Eastern Division of Massachusetts. Multiple long term employees all left after being burnt out. Always asked to do more with less. Regional Manager can NOT be taken at face value lots of empty promises with little or no raise or credit. Publicly embarrasses employees in front of customers and other employees.I would NOT recommend this company to my worst enemy.Terrible work life balance demanded to work 7 days a week at times.Be ware...
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not a good job
Large Company
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2016
Management listens to feedback from employees, all around a steady job for a steady company. Keep busy and productive and you will have a pleasant enough experience.
Very busy tire building plant with several job duties and responsibilities which had to be performed in a timely manner.
Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Morrison, TNAugust 15, 2016
Attending a team meeting every night in the tire room before shift started. Mandatory (PPE) Personal protective equipment had to be worn for safety before I went work area. Made sure blue giant (transporter truck) battery was charged before leaving forklift area. Received assignment log on which lane i was responsible for collecting slings of different size tires and transporting them to tire inspection area and returning slings back to tire builders. Also responsible for driving to the stock cutting area of plant to load and stock material needed for tire builders to build tires. My shift manager was nice and helpful made sure i knew my job responsibilities before we signed off on any job. Got along well with coworkers helped each other out when we could. Handling heavy tires when they did not load in sling correctly or when they rolled off sling in the process of transporting them. I enjoyed working with different types of people and working in a plant for the first time. It was a learning experience.
Pros
Good pay rate.
Cons
My body had to adjust to working 12 hour shifts.
Stressful and challenging work environment.
Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 9, 2016
My typical day consist of meetings with various levels of upper management, managing day to day activities of 40 crew members, writing daily reports, training and discipline.

Over the several years at Bridgestone I have grown as a Unit leader, learning how best to run a department and how to get the most out of my crew.

My Co-works are some of the best around, team oriented, work for the same goal.

Management at Bridgestone is now moving towards establishing programs to create a Premier Place to work, several managers have taken course to improve the working relations with teammates on the floor.

The Hardest part of my job is trying to juggle all the need from different departments while maintaining low waste and high proficiency, the most enjoyable is the camaraderie between unit leaders.
Pros
yearly bonus, yearly pay raises
Great Place to work
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCAugust 2, 2016
Working at Bridgestone is a wonderful opportunity going into work you never know what to expect from the crew before but you go in with a strong mind set and you know you have to come in and give it your all. Since working there I learned how to work with anybody and to work at a pace that is comfortable for them, and also I learned how to drive a fortlift. My co-workers are very helpful, nice, and friendly.
Pros
you do a good job you get free meal tickets
Fun place to work! Great people to work with!
Tire And Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLJuly 28, 2016
A typical day consists of answering phones, fulfilling customer needs and filing paperwork. However, there is always something new to learn, whether it be about a new product or a new customer! The people that I get to work with are from all walks of life and everyone has something to offer to the team. I'd have to say the hardest part about my job is keeping track of my pen! The most wonderful part about working here is getting to meet new people everyday and being able to experience their different ways of life!
Great and talented group of individuals who make work enjoyable
Maintenance Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 25, 2016
Receive morning turnovers from off going shifts and begin to make repairs on the equipment. I assist both electrical and mechanical engineers solve recurring problems. I truly enjoy my coworkers because they make the environment fun and they have a vast amount of knowledge to draw from. My primary function is breakdown maintenance. The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom to expand my knowledge and implement modifications. The most difficult part of the job is locating parts for repairs. The management remain distant and closed minded when presented with problems and possible solutions.
Pros
The extremely diverse technology and coworkers
Cons
Obsolescence and management
Industry leader
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLJuly 19, 2016
Great company to work for, great philosophy, great benefits, opportunity for advancement, flexible relocation, flexible hours, great market reputation
Horrible Work life balance, non existent support
GM (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 18, 2016
No manager support. Unrealistic quotas. 70 hour work weeks. Hardest part of the job was trying to reach what they wanted you to reach however not giving you the tools to do so. just an unhappy place
Pros
a paycheck. only thing fun were manager conventions
Cons
everything
Sales Teammate
Sales Teammate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2016
I love working with different individuals and meeting new people every day. It is my passion to keep customers beyond happy and icing them the best experience giving them a reason to come back. I have picked up so much information in just the last two months I have gained so much knowledge through training.
Pros
the co-workers, benefits, opportunities
Cons
hours aren't the best
Horrible management, way to much work expected from each employee
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 10, 2016
Never had a worse managed job in my life.
Having the manager from store 700 treat the employees like they are easily replaceable and if you don't want to work 50-70 hours a week, theirs the door.

I was curious and I put in my 2 weeks to looks for another job.
The store manager said they would not let me work my 2 weeks and had to leave that day. This left the other, already low amount of service drives to pick up EVEN more slack from everyone quoting already.

Do yourself a favor. Find a job with a better company
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Horrible management, no life outside of work
Amazing place to work.
Graphic Design Intern, Graphic Designer freelance (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 5, 2016
Amazing place to work. Great professionals around the entire company.
Payments were great, with no late paychecks.
This company lacks discipline, accountability, integrity and leadership.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2016
Overall worst employment I have ever experienced. Regional Mgr has no influence on the stores and the Managers have no control over there employees actions and behaviors .I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
N/A
Cons
No lunches, poor scheduling, high employee turn over, Management is poor, lone wolfe work place
Great learning experience, hostile work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2016
For the most part Tires Plus was a good company to work for. It was a good learning opportunity and the benefits/pay were great. However, the management was inconsiderate, volatile, and overworked all of the employees.
Pros
Learning experience and ability to help customers in need
Cons
Over worked and under appreciated.
Good Job
Fill in Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 28, 2016
You work all the time. No work life balance and management only promotes their friends. Good Ole Boy system in full effect at this company
Great Environment and team members
Co-Op/ Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCJune 28, 2016
Bridgestone is a great company to work for and I have learned a great deal during my time here. I was fortunate to be hired on as an Intern and I used my time here to allow me to learn skills that I feel will help me be successful in the future.
Pros
Team Oriented
Cons
No Cons
Good training, work environment, pay rate.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookpark, OHJune 27, 2016
Supervisors need to be transparent and communicate performance goal expectations that are achievable and realistic. Supervisors should give progress compared to peers on a weekly basis not to unrealistic goals. Management, supervisors and team leads need to be more encouraging and supportive. My direct supervisor lacked soft skills with being polite and supportive of staff.
Pros
Nice clean work environment
Cons
New supervisor was not personable, no soft skills, did not have ability to communicate effectively, Need to improve on coaching encouragment, Need to provide weekly performance compared to other team members, not compared to unrealistic goal of 4 min max per call avg
Very Productive team based environment
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 26, 2016
My most enjoyable part of the job is when I've helped a customer that have had an on going problem. The hardest part of the job would be when you have to fix a problem and there is no detailed information on the part your working on. The co-worker that I've worked with have been wonderful, i couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to work with. I've learned a ton of information since I started with Firestone they have made me a much better technician. Management has always been helpful when it comes to professional growth.
Pros
dinner is usually paid for when we have meetings
Cons
Not a lot of perks
Love working here
IT Worker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2016
Best place I have ever worked. They take care of their employees in IT and encourage professional development and are very supportive of their employees advancing.
Pros
Pay, Bonus, Coworkers, Everything but health insurance
Cons
Health Insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgestone Americas. Our community is ready to answer.