Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews in United States

Nice Management

Experience from different geography
good place to work
molder (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHMay 24, 2016
running presses, general housekeeping,and light assembly
enjoyed working for this company. good benefits. would like to have had more weekends off.
Pros
good income
Cons
Great employment and career path
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SC 29829May 24, 2016
we would work 12 1/2 hours rotating shifts on a tire building machine, hard work but enjoyable. managing sleep patterns is the hardest part and working safely with team members was the best part.
Pros
a week of each rotation and good benefits
Cons
break times
Productive environment working towards PPTW
Inventory Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMay 23, 2016
Day starts with a pre-shift meeting to discuss what happened on other shifts as well as what will be needed during the current shift, any safety announcements, and team building.
The people who want to move up and continue to grow at a company need to build others up with you.
The management team seems minutely unorganized and could use some restructuring, otherwise a great team of leaders.
The co-workers are resistant to change, even change for the better.
Dealing with a lack of a training system makes the work environment more stressful.
I found that the most enjoyable part of my job is that sense of camaraderie that comes with working in this type of environment.
Pros
Great benefits, sense of ownership
Cons
Lack of organization
Tire manager
RETAIL OPERATIONS, MANAGER OF TIRE SALES (Former Employee) –  JENSEN BEACH,FLMay 19, 2016
The job is great but entails heavy lifting and full time hrs. The location does close later thanmost daycares so it is difficult to balance both family and work. Paid weekly
Management in general at TWW Bridgestone Americas
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 13, 2016
Bridgestone Americas great company to work. TWW management very pro sales not about the warehouse. Management will run you into the ground as long as they make a sale. Teamwork no such thing warehouse means nothing to them. They are quick to use policy on you if they want to terminate you. Warehouse management is great but the one running the show can careless.
Pros
kill you with a smile
Cons
then chop you off at the knees
Company is in upgrade mode Culture, Technology, Talent
Firestone dba (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 5, 2016
One of the best things that I like about Bridgestone is the on-line training and continuous improvement initiatives that have been developed by the company leaders over the years.

Work days can be long especially if you work in the plants in a management capacity.
Pros
Team work Customer satisfaction
Cons
Upper Management Turnover, lose track of your go to person.
I considered this is the best place to work than others.
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2016
I was kept well informed about my work group's plans and progress.
I was kept well informed about company plans and progress.
There were opportunities available to me to express my ideas to upper management.
There were good communication in my group.
I was kept well informed by upper management on what was going on in the company.
Considering everything, I was very satisfied with the amount of quality of communications, good pay, good management, good teammate, etc.
Pros
Employee training, employee wellness, good pay, best management and teammate…
Cons
Their shared service and cost-efficient plan
Must have a degree in B.S.
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
Selling job. Questioned on why you did not sell certain things. Felt like I was not there for the customer, just to line the pockets of higher ups with bonuses.
Pros
Fast paced Day goes by quickly.
Cons
Customer does not come first $$$ do!
Great Learning Experience
GCR Fleet Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 7, 2016
The work environment and culture at Bridgestone was amazing. I enjoyed my time at this company and would love to go back for a full-time offer. I learned a lot about data management and gained more experience with analytical thinking and complex problem solving.
Great place to work.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 6, 2016
There were many opportunities that promoted great customer service and promoted thinking outside of the box. Learned a great deal about how to manage and delegate employees.
Commitment
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 5, 2016
Retail business were we service customers vehicle. We help to maintain and fix customers vehicles on time. No weekends off unfortunately but the pay is well.
productive and fun workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2016
productive and fun workplace, good teamwork. good management. good benefits. good employees. good place to work. the clients are really polite.
People are nice, but the pay is bad
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trenton, SCFebruary 28, 2016
Work 45+ hours on the normal week and only payed a fraction of what my peers in other companies make. The job isnt to hard just time consuming.
Pros
The job and the people
Cons
The pay
Poor work / life balance
Stock Prep Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 27, 2016
The Wilson facility is extremetly large and employes over 2000 teammates. Because of the size of the facility the operations piece of the business can be challenging for senior management or department managers (such as myself). However, these challenges make your accomplishments more self rewarding.

The most unenjoyable part of working in the Wilson facility is the culture lacks a sense of work / life balance. Managers are expected to be available 24 hours a day, often times come back to the facility, but receive no additional time off or additional compensation even though their salaries are below the industry average.
lead man ,checker new employee trainer
Checker / Lead man (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXFebruary 25, 2016
check tires in and out of dc. good co workers , enjoyed the work just scanning with RF gun. management good .great benefits ,great hrs home time
i was lucky to have a good job
Factory work, Banner operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 24, 2016
a typical day at work was getting up at 4 am, clocking in by 6 am, working very hard all day, clocking out at 6 pm, Learned a lot about making of tires, and to work well with others. management was pretty good for the most part. Met a lot of good people. Hardest part of my job was, no air conditioning very hot in the summer, lots of heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of my job was my friends.
Pros
good benifits, Insurance, Vacation
Cons
Hot in the summer, got really dirty
tirebuilder
Tire builder (Current Employee) –  LaVergne, TnFebruary 21, 2016
Excellent company with great benefits and career opportunity. with plans for their new corporate office moving to Nashville I hope to find a better position to match my skill set and knowledge. I feel like a part of a team that truly works together to get the job done, with quality products!
I loved working with the company and my co workers. i wish that I could have that experience again .
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 18, 2016
I loved going to work. I loved all all my co workers. I loved the experience that I gained working for the company.Mr. Mark and Mr. Allen and Miss Catherine was the best managers that I would wish for anyone to work under. If it was not for my transportation issues i would still be there.I do not have that issue now.
Pros
Working with the people that came through the cafeteria .The compliments, that I received, giving food in a timely manner.
Cons
I had enough time to do and complete any task that I was assigned.
Dysfunctional Organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2016
The culture is very laid back and there is work/life balance. However, the strategic priorities from the top leadership are not understood and this drives a lot of dysfunction within the organization. Specifically, the finance organization has no leadership and understanding of what it takes to drive the business. The organization is struggling with the transformation needed to move into the future, but I don't believe moving in the direction it needs to grow. There is little to no understanding of basic business drivers and lack of overall business acumen within the organization. Overall, the leadership is very weak.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Weak leadership, weak finance org, lack of ownership/accountability