Bridgestone Americas

Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews

enjoyed working with my partner everyday
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCFebruary 5, 2016
was a very stressful and demanding job. I learnt I could push myself even more. Hardest part of the job was the rotating shifts. Most enjoyable was after learning the job and relaxing having a routine.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
12 hours and rotating days and nights
Great products
Golf Ball Fitting Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed working at Bridgestone golf. It was such a educational experience from product knowledge to customer service. It was great traveling from golf course to golf course meeting golfers of all skill levels.
Good work enviorment & company structure
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2016
In charge of parts inventory, stock and distribution, parts and supply order management, main focus is communication and earning the trust of customers as well as driving business by advising on proper services needed, dealing with customer retention within loss commercial and individual trust/sales, shop assistant during downtime consisting of mechanical diagnostics & general services, professional office administrative, control shrinkage within shop.
Strives for PPTW
Master Data Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Bridgestone is a great company, I just need more room for growth and new experiences. I gained a wealth of knowledge. You succeed if your manager likes you, it is not really based on your work you produce but about the personalities involved. The co-workers were awesome, I would say some of them became like family and could be yourself. The hardest part of the job is the constant restructure that occurred which was very stressful and clouded hopes and dreams for a better future.
Pros
Time off from work
Cons
Management gets away with murder and HR works for them!
Great Company to Grow
Tire Inspector/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Work can be tedious. Learn time management. co-worker are easy to get along with. long hours. last minute draft to stay for overtime. great pay. plenty of opportunities to grow within the company.
good place to work
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 15, 2016
Enjoyed my time there and was always treated fairly. Management has an open door policy and genuinely care about their people.
Work Hard, go far and learn.
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 13, 2016
You will work hard in this company and you will have many opportunity to advance (during the right times of year), but dont expect too much downtime. Every location varies in personality and work day feel. But much of the day passes quickly with a highly productive individual. The more motivated you are, the better your days. Generally, management are friendly, normal and helpful. However I have heard of highly seasoned technicians making less than may be fair. Over all a nice company with good benefits and a chance to get a foot in the door of the auto industry for young aspiring techs, but you may reconsider if you are a master or highly skilled tech.
Pros
Benefits, Approachable for less experienced techs, trusted company with loyal customers
Cons
Pay for more seasoned techs comparatively low, not much free time for full time workers
Work well with employees
Fabric Cutter -FORKLIFT OPERATOR CERTIFIED (Former Employee) –  Madison, NCJanuary 7, 2016
Keeping materials avilable to be used for the jobs needed learned how to adjust time to keep up with demand how to balance different jobs and still maintain the balance for the job hired for co-workers able to get along together with each other very well to get jobs done as a unit hardest part of the job was the drive each day and getting used to it most enjoyable was the friends that I made and got used to being able to work with each day
High stress work enviroment
Sales Manager/General manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 2, 2016
Multitasking skills are paramount in this profession

You work weekends so sometimes its hard to keep a work life balance.
Competitive sales environment focused on educating customers on their needs
Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2015
I've learned daily management activities, business to business operations, and how to meet set goals. A typical day would include communicating with customers with what they need, finding a solution and helping them understand the process needed to get to their solution. Hardest part of the job was understanding the different needs of customers without an automotive background. Best part of the job was being able to help customers and have them leave satisfied.
Benefits
Cons
Not a positive known industry
great company with the wrong people leading
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 22, 2015
there are some great people and staff.
there are some people that are untrustworthy
co-worker were good
no life at all
customers are awesome
Pros
customers
Cons
management
management doesnt stand behind employees
Machine Technician ORR (Former Employee) –  Trenton, SCDecember 18, 2015
always walking on egg shells. will get rid of you for anything! all they care about is numbers not quality. Get you in the door with great speech in the beginning to crush you with the truth after
Pros
schedule
Cons
job security
Understaffed, underpaid, overworked - needs union representation for both hourly and exempt staff
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCDecember 16, 2015
Worked at Aiken PSR/LTR plant for just under 4 years. Was part of engineering team, where the "lean" management style of this plant meant working 50-60 hours every week, plus call-ins over night and on weekends, with no compensation for work over regular 40-hours. Sister plant in N.C. had 9 people doing work of 2 engineers at Aiken plant. Promises of extra help were never fulfilled, leading me to resign my position. I had accepted the position after leaving previous employer of 22 years due to RIF. Took 35% reduction on pay to work 25 to 50% longer hours.
Pros
Expanding operations
Cons
unappreciated for extra hours worked every week for no compensation
Used to be a great organization to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 8, 2015
Before company went through a restructure company was very employee friendly and actually cared about their employees. Now its all about cutting everyones hours and having everyone do more work with less people and no overtime. Pushing a lot of employees out that have been with the company.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Hours
Overall good company to work for
Intern in management track (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Bridgestone. Although it was only a 10 week internship, I still got to see a lot of what Bridgestone is like as an employer and how they treat their employees. Really enjoyed the internship.
Pros
Long Lunch breaks
Cons
Vending machines are terrible
Productive workplace is fun
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  TNDecember 4, 2015
Processing high volume of invoices
I learnt the process of multiple invoices and working in multiple systems
Management was excellent
Coworkers were excellent
Learning how to process international invoices
Everything was enjoyable there
Pros
Free lunches, Team building exercises
Cons
Teaching our replacments the job that we were currently doing
Good place to work for.
Mail Delivery (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 20, 2015
I delivered mail throughout the building and metered mail. Delivered copy paper and toner sometimes. The management looks out for the employees. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful; like family.
Pros
Easy job. Nice people.
Cons
Could be boring sometimes.
Educational and challenging
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 18, 2015
The job brings in new and challenging customer concerns to the shop everyday and its enjoyable being able to fix those concerns. The joy of finishing the day off by completing these tasks and making sure people have a better vehicle than the one they brought in; is a great feeling. The most difficult task to take on in this industry is trying to chase a intermittent faults on a car. This is probably the most difficult task in the shop. But due to these everyday challenges I'm able to learn and mature with each one I face. I love doing what I do everyday and I enjoy fixing cars but the company I work for needs to be more appreciative to their employees just as much as employees are to their customers.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
Cons
Healthcare options
Great
Leadership Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 16, 2015
Good work environment, but tough hours that created a sense of having to choose between family and work. Team members are passionate about knowledge and skills
Pros
fast paced
Cons
time hours, insufficient staffing
Our teammates are the future of any company
Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 14, 2015
The most gratifying part of my job and all my prior positions. Has always been to continually support and give my teammates the tools for success.