Bridgestone Americas Employee Reviews

fun and had t.vs everywere
technocorder (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCDecember 12, 2017
a typical day at bridgestone felt very long. It felt like high school with everyone staying in something and not doing their jobs. It was always drama on the floor and off.
Pros
always giving gifts
Cons
to much drama and low pay
Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 11, 2017
I like the job but the team atmosphere wasn’t ever there. Direct management is good but upper management needed work. It is a very safe place to work even though the job is inherently dangerous.
Pros
Work as long as you need to without micromanagement. Vehicle reimbursement. Discount off tires.
Cons
No set lunch. No salary for sales people.
Hard working fast pace place
Treating Specalist (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCDecember 10, 2017
Very fast pace. The hardest job in the mill is the lowest paid. The health insurance could be better but all i all not a bad place to work. Just do your job and nothing will go wrong.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
cant leave property on breaks
Fun place to work, but....
Manager of Tire Sales (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCDecember 7, 2017
Fun place to work. Good people. Problem is upper management does not know what direction the company is going. This is causing very high turnover. If you choose to work for Firestone, expect to be hired under one set of conditions and shortly after you start, your working conditions will change. Particularly where it comes to your hours and shifts worked. Your schedule will change overnight.
Pros
Great people. Above average benefits. Great discounts.
Cons
Work schedule changes with no notice. Hours get cut - as much as 50%
Geat place to work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 4, 2017
It's a very fast pace but also a very slow pace depends on the season. You get to travel to different city bus stations depending where they need u at.
Pros
U sometime dont have to work at all
Forget your Family
Relief Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 4, 2017
Working here, I make a good hourly wage, but the long ours and 12 hr saturdays, plus getting drafted for 12 hrs 5 straight days in a row and still have to work 2 more to complete the work week has gotten old. I've been here for 6 years now. I have a young son, that I'm missing so much of his life. This place is all about sacrifice...if you can do sacrifice every other aspect of your life for a job. Then apply. You have to work mini weekends when you are supposed to be off, get drafted for 12 hrs and have to stay no matter what you may have going on after work or planned. If you dont, you face getting attendance marks. Shutdowns aren't long enough the wear and tear on your body is horrible. I'm looking for other jobs now.
Pros
money...
Cons
no life outside here
unfair place to work
Certified curing press operator (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCDecember 4, 2017
unfair place to work, under paid, over worked, cut throat enviroment , under paid, management departments are all about themselves vs being a team enviroment
Good To Start
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 3, 2017
I started my career here as a tech out of a c.c. school.
Loved working on different cars with different problems. Was given the opportunity to do more and more but not paid accordingly. Was given tasks to achieve to get more pay and those were meet and responded with dragging feet to get it done. Ended being forced out and pushed to greener pastures at a dealer establishment.
From little more than 2 years when from a low tech to one of the 2 main diag/repair techs.
Thankful for my start and gave my love to the company ...only wish I saw it back.
Corporate are just 2 faced penny pinchers that want mindless slaves to work, not someone who knows what they are worth. Not to mention sometimes service writers have poor delegation of work and in my case management had poor shop condition(bad lifts /air hoses)
Pros
Price on tires/services
Cons
Low pay
Mileage Division
On the road work leader and account representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 27, 2017
Provided tires for buses in a 4 state area, did tire evaluations and inventory control. Had waste hauler accounts that used the tires after retreaded when buses used them until worn down.
No advancement unless you are a male. Forget family life
Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee) –  Nederlnd txNovember 26, 2017
Corporate doesn't care about you all they want you to do is sale sale sale so they can shove the money into their own pockets! Weird labor rate is 105 and techs make maybe 20 if they're lucky. Men are also paid more and advanced quicker than women. Make sure if your boss slaps your ads you have someone magically have it on camera which the facility doesn't have because nobody will believe you!
Low labor time rates
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 19, 2017
No pay to help other techs no pay for customer that wants air pressure checked two hours that you are not turning hours for your pay .you are payed on a floating pay scale that only works for the company
Good compensation
Production Teammate (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNNovember 19, 2017
Extremely good pay, however job standards are maybe too high.. No recognition, highly stressful, unsafe, unhealthy work environment. This job is too physically/mentally demanding and draining.
Pros
Good compensation: Benfits: 401k, health insuranse, hourly pay
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, physically exhausting
Nice company to work for
MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 14, 2017
Set up and performed hand and automatic assembly operations of tire belt and rubber parts. Noted for attention to detail, I was exposed to and familiarized with various machinery and product offerings.
Pros
Free time
Cons
The quick turn overs
work place was safe and team work was in place
Printer Operator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 11, 2017
I learned a lot during my 10 years of working for the company. I enjoyed the 3rd shift, due to it was easy to work and also never had any one looking over my shoulder. Experiencing the different types of fast paced printers was very enjoyable.
Pros
3rd shift was always kept out the loop on activities
Cons
positions in the company
Poor management and stressful
Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 7, 2017
Management makes this company very hard to work for. Lack of experience in the automotive field sums it up. Their lack of experience makes your job 5x more stressful as a technician and you are expected to work for decimal points not hours as a flat rate tech. Expected to work late every day and till 7 at night sometimes when you clock in at 6:45am, lunch breaks are very hard to come by. I was forced to find a new job after I was lied to during the interview process about the time I was scheduled to work and what it actually turned out to be. There was no break room and the condition of the shop was deplorable. Be prepared to argue about getting paid fairly on every single job that comes in the door when you work with rusted older cars all day and have 1 tire or an oil change hung on your rack 5 minutes before your about leave at your scheduled time and stay late 30-45minutes to make a .3 Not a place to work if you have a family you want to spend time with after work or make an honest living. I really wish I didn't have to write a review like this but I hope this helps some one out thinking about being a technician for this company.
Pros
Different makes and models to service
Cons
Management, labor times, hours, shop, pay, benefits
Nice environment. Management is very friendly and communicates with everyone
Commercial Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2017
Management is very friendly and communicates with everyone. I was only a contractor and never had the opportunity to become permanent. Otherwise from everything i can tell this is an ideal place to work.
pays the bills
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 6, 2017
12 hour shifts only can be stressful. jobs vary from very little physical requirement to standing for 12 hours and constantly lifting 50 plus pounds. overall it was okay
Horrible Workplace
Operating Technician (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNNovember 5, 2017
Training is not effective. Hours are ridiculous. workload is not anywhere near reasonable. If you are hurt, they will make it impossible to get help and even if it isn't your fault, they will only pay 40 percent.
Poor management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 5, 2017
Enjoyed working the people in my area. Put a lot of time into to be let go of a simple misunderstanding with no points on my record. Miss the people I worked with and they miss me. We stay in close contact even after my absence.
Pros
Nice tire discounts
Cons
Extremely hot
Bridgestone offer great opportunity, as well as great incentivessfor earnings, it even offer a small gym for those interested
Machine Technician (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCNovember 3, 2017
Bridgestone is a great company with great benefits, it has good incentives, and is a leader in the tire making industry; I’m happy to be part of that team.
Pros
Free lunches, different incentives, perfect attendance rewards
Cons
Everyone wish breaks could be longer, not many cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgestone Americas. Our community is ready to answer.