Bridgestone Firestone Employee Reviews

The job atomosphere was amazing and the job security is excellent
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 4, 2013
12 hours swing shifts
I've learned the value of teamwork and how important it is for everyone to do there part on the team.
management really treated the workers with the upmost respect, and altogether the management staff did a terrific job operating the teams.
Co-workers were very help and always eager to help someone who didn't know what they were doing.
The hardest part of the job was doing the 12 hour shifts whether it would be day or night.
The most enjoyable part was getting to interact with all the employees in the entire plant.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Unlimited potential for advancement.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Morrison, TNJanuary 8, 2016
Every day was a challenge.I loved the multi-tasking and decision making that came with the job.There were many times I had to make key quality and production decisions without assistance from higher up the management chain of command.Utilizing the skills of the people and managing their safety,quality,and production at times was trying of ones patience and endurance,yet I was successful and awarded The Presidents Award of excellence on two separate occasions.
Pros
Performance bonuses, Paid holidays/vacation.
Cons
16 hr. days constantly.
Enjoyed the work I did, however the area was very slow.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILApril 11, 2013
While I worked at Firestone I had Mondays and Sundays off. They slowly took away my Sundays which I do not mind working weekends at all so it was not a big deal. They then took my Mondays off and I was working Monday-Sunday. I always booked my 40-45 hours a week, but I was there clocked in for 70+ hours. The time spent there for how slow the place was, was not worth my time. Other than a very slow work place for over a year, was not worth my time.
Pros
enjoyed the company meets, and corporation meets.
Cons
was no car flow.
Review
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCAugust 8, 2012
Bridgestone has good benefits and pays very well. Some of the work can be hard, but thats to be expected. I din't have any complaints as far as the benefits, pay or overtime. If one is seeking to make a very descent salary, bridgestone would be a manufacturing company that I would suggest. when I was an employee there, everyone worked well together. No matter where you go people will be people.
Dishonest Manager
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 30, 2015
Upon accepting this job I was told that they were busy, but after my first few weeks on the job I was doing more oil changes than the lube tech was doing, or standing around waiting for work along with the 3 other technicians that were doing the same thing. Not a fan of someone who lies to you to get you in the door.
Long hours, hot, good pay, good benefits, more days off then normal, very physical.
Service Driver- Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Des MoinesJuly 13, 2015
This isn't a bad place to work because it pays pretty well and you have a set schedule but it is a very physical job with long hours and not easy for families to balance life and kids and work.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Long 12 hour shifts, hot during the summer in the areas without a/c.
This company has changed for the worse over the years
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  RobinsonJuly 31, 2015
I work from 6:30am to 6:00pm Monday through Saturday. I have to run the store and be a technician cause its hard to find good help these days. I work 58 plus hours a week to keep my store going.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No lunches, lots of hours not family oriented
A good fit for new graduates
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 3, 2014
Bridgestone is a good fit for recent college graduates to establish themselves with an employer who prides itself on name recognition.

The company has little upward mobility for longer term employees.
Most desirable jobs are filled from the outside.
Pros
name recognition is good to build your resume
Cons
the company has downsized and the work expectation has become unrealistic.
Interested place to work with a comfortable atmosphere.
Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 26, 2012
I enjoyed working third shift and learned a lot on how to maintain printers, I had good co-workers that made the job easier and the hardest part of the job was dealing with the paper breaks in the printer! The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that it was so laid back.
Was and still can be a caring place to work.
Wine Winder (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 6, 2013
Over all a good place to work,Management in the beginning was great you knew them and they knew you,which made for a great,and in enjoyable work place.Now it's everyone for your selves,Management care about their product,co-workers care about losing their jobs.
Very productive environment, very encouraging ,and incentitives
secretary (Former Employee) –  wilson,nc 27896February 13, 2012
I enjoyed this company they have several incentives, paid holidays , and ample leave time if requested in time needed. Very family oriented and ample opportunities for job advancement.
Pros
family day once a year invites
Cons
great retiremen benefits
ok place to work. not a place to build a healthy family and life
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 18, 2013
it depends on which store you work at that dictates what kind of work experience you get
Pros
paid training and bonus paid for a.s.e certifications
Cons
long unpredictable hours, low pay
productive work place always busy non stop job intil your 30 min break.
Loader/Picker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2012
always busy, working hard always looking at the clock to see when was break cause i be needen tha couple mins of relax time.
Double standards within Menagement
Serving as Tire Engineer (Former Employee) –  Des MoinesJune 14, 2013
Incorrect treatment and unethical promotion in Management positions.
Individual protections and double standards. Management is afraid of 360 review of some individuals. Process Engineering Management team is lack of experience and responsibility
Cons
unfair protection of individuals
Rotating shifts sucked!
Maintenance Mechanic/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 1, 2014
High paced production. Co-workers were ok, some were very sneaky, Hardest part was family time bc with swing shifts it wasnt much of that
Pros
benefits/ pay
Cons
swing shifts
not for me
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 2, 2015
this place at the time i was working there was a bad experience to me.
definitely not for everyone. other employees didn't make it better to work here.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything
Decent job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Rotating shifts guarantees you wont have much time for family life. Physical labor job. Not much in the way of job advancment.
Pros
decent pay for unskilled workers.
Cons
rotating shifts every week. forced ot.
company poles of productiveness with poor economy forced me to find an hourly wager
Flat-Rate Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence MaFebruary 16, 2012
Firestone was great I enjoyed working their. But lack of location and economy poor flat-rate hours consumed.
fun
Installer/General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 7, 2015
I learned a lot about cars and there problems and how to fix the problem. The people that I worked with were fun to be around its was lay back
automtovie
Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MOJanuary 11, 2015
everyone there had their favorite co-worker and that never sat well with me at all, so I started to look for a new job