BridgeTower Media Employee Reviews

Benefits are there, Management is not.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2017
The Special Projects Management is lacking. Designers are expected to not only project manage, but also communicate with outside vendors for numerous properties, with very tight deadlines. There is little to no training and when asking for help, most instances management is not available or helpful. Long hours and angry clientele.
Pros
Vacation Time
Cons
Poor Structure
No work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2017
Expected to put the job first always. Time off was never time off and very disorganized - no plan in place. Fire drill after fire drill. No annual pay increases.
contributor
Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 10, 2017
I was a one time contributor, I do not have enough experience at the company to give a proper review. They published my content quickly and efficiently
Bait and switch
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYJune 28, 2017
Horrible organization to work for. The dishonesty is unbelievable to the point that you'll feel as though you are being pranked. The base salary is low and commission structure is sketchy. Save yourself the stress and apply somewhere else.
Pros
networking events and connections
#WorstPlaceToWork
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2017
The culture is absolutely not understanding of sales. Micro-management off the charts from a larger corporation who fails to care about their employees or their clients. Leadership is weak and "yes-man" oriented ---focused on the bottom line and revenue without appreciation of the revenue generated from a sales team. There is no support for the sales team. You are not just a sales person but an accounts receivable administrator, creative director, with no in-bound leads nor any administrative support.
Zero work/life balance
Sales (Former Employee) –  OkCJune 14, 2017
-Unprofessional at times
- voice rarely heard
- when you give notice they will short you on your pay.
-untimely with informing you of your goals
- employees began dreading going to work.
Challenging work environment, no team approach.
Reporter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 21, 2017
Reporters were pitted against each other in this environment, and I was expected to work more than 60 hours a week (with no overtime) under constant pressure, leaving little time or energy for a home life.
Pros
Good location in downtown Portland.
Cons
Long hours, no extra pay.
Awesome resume builder with great staff
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 10, 2017
Some of the friendliest and most supportive coworkers you'll ever meet. Very collaborative environment with opportunity for more responsibility. Everyone is exposed to and learns a lot in their time here. Can sometimes be difficult to manage time with constant last-ditch sales efforts that can be very last minute. Company was recently acquired by a public company and there have been cuts, which seem to have potential to continue.
Pros
Collaborative environment, 22 days PTO starting, office pot-lucks, free food every week
Cons
Layoffs, sales-driven last minute projects
Fun, safe work life
Special Insert Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 8, 2017
Lehigh Valley Business Journal is a great place to work. The coworkers and mangers like to have fun and like to work with you. The pay is wonderful as are the benefits.
Pros
Steady hours, great pay, great benefits
So niche and so stuck
Advertising Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2016
Flexible schedules if you're performing to moving expectations. Great audience opinion about awards program and a logical sales opportunity for sponsorships. Poor distribution model with steady declining print subscriptions and slow growth in digital adoption. There is overall poor investment in technology, training, and talent development.
Pros
Networker's Dream
Cons
Lack of support and talent development
High stress environment.
Public Notice Department (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 17, 2015
Never new from day to day when you were going to get off from work, made it difficult to make plans. I worked for a small department and quickly had a lot of responsibility added to my work load which I agreed to, but it was difficult to get quality people into the department and keep them for what the company wanted to pay them which is ultimate one of the reasons why I left.
Pros
Great people, interesting days.
Cons
High stress, too much work for the amount of pay.
A good place to work
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 2, 2015
My days were simple. I would appear at noon to start my four-hour telemarketing shift. I would call businesses all through New Jersey to confirm the addresses to send everyone a free subscription to NJBIZ. Over the course of six years, I learned how to listen to people – to identify the point at which my sales pitch was making them nervous, which is that I would back off and try a different tack. My coworkers were very good, both telemarketers and the creative and editorial staff, who we could hear working, all around us. That was what I liked best. Even though I was not an employee, but rather a contractor, I was made to feel a part of the team and not just a contractor.
Good employer and workplace. Just not my cup of tea.
Construction Reporter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 13, 2015
It was a good experience that exposed me to publishing and local government officials. However, journalism turns out not to be what I enjoy.
Good place to learn the ropes
Staff writer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 5, 2015
A young writer can really get his feet wet at the CPBJ. What it lacks in glamor, it makes up in teaching moments. Working at the CPBJ is a very valuable experience.
A lot of death lines.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 14, 2015
pressure all the time, death lines, but over all it was a fun fun department.
Pros
hours were flexible
Cons
no good management
Struggling company in a dying industry
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2014
In the beginning working for this company was a great experience. I learned and brand new industry to me and enjoyed it very much and I am very good at what I do. I learned from the ground up on producing a newspaper, magazines,newsletters and printing. I worked my way up in the company starting out as a typesetter and ending as a Production Manager. However, over the years, the newspaper industry is a dying profession. After I became Production Manager, there was no more room for advancement. I continued to do my best everyday despite the fact the company was having financial issues. Do to massive lay-offs over the past 4 years, my department was finally centralized and my department was laid-off.
Small town newspaper
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMay 2, 2014
Steady work and the company did continue to advance and grow.
Pros
Close-nit work environment
Admin. Assist.
Administrative and Events Assistant. (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2014
My time at The Daily Record has been wonderful. As a young woman trying to start her career, I am always looking for opportunities for growth personally and professionally. A typical work day is extremely busy to start. It has helped me develop multitasking skills and great customer service skills. We have a great team of managers and co-workers, all relatively around the same age. The hardest part of my job is making sure there are no problems in circulation and getting our papers out to our customers. However, working at a newspaper has opened me up to many opportunities and learning experiences that I will take with me into the future.
Quality product, great people
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYMarch 20, 2014
Great place to work. Great people to work with. Salary area needs serious reconsideration.
Pros
Friendly staff, great wok/life balance, flexible schedules
Cons
Low salary
x
Multimedia Planner (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PASeptember 10, 2013
Prospect and develop relationships with key decision makers at major local and regional corporations who benefit from B2B advertising exposure
Work as advertising consultant to a very affluent clientele Self-generate leads through existing contacts and networking initiatives Create effective multimedia campaigns tailored towards advertisers goals and needs combining print,
online event sponsorship opportunities Develop presentations to businesses and advertising agencies Maintain a 30+ account base (large and small scale clientele) Collaborate with graphic designer on advertising creative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BridgeTower Media. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8