Bridgewater State University Employee Reviews in United States

Life changing, provided me with opportunity and guidance
editor writer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Working for BSU gave me the opportunity to forge relationships with professors that I would now consider mentors and participate in some work that was personally fulfilling as well as educational.
Pros
interactive and fast-paced
Cons
low pay
Great place to start your career
Blackboard Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 22, 2016
I worked as a student in the Academic Achievement Center of BSU, and it has been an important step to my career. The management was great and helpful when not knowing where to start. I enjoyed making my own hours too.
Fun Work Place
Athletic Training Intern (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MANovember 22, 2015
I only have one co-worker. My co-worker and I have a good partnership. We balance where the other may lack. We have 4 bosses who are all very organized and understanding, they often help us if we need it.
Good place to work.
Sr. Project Manager -Remote (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 18, 2015
Good work culture and ethics. Lot to learn from the peer teams.
Flexible work hours. only thing is no transparency with the management team. Escalations work show any benefits.
Great Work Place
Student Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater MASeptember 28, 2015
At work I check in all guest and check all bags for illegal items. Great people to work with, had very little problems. Would recommend to students who need jobs.
Excellent Learning opportunity
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 9, 2015
I love being in a laboratory setting, and this job was just that. A typical day of work might begin with washing test tubes and setting them up for a run in the autoclave. I might then proceed to create media for plates, tubes, or slants. Then I could update MSDS information in our online catalogue or perhaps turn over a class lab. I would run diagnostics on machines used in the anatomy labs, and make sure all labs get restocked for the next weeks classes.
Pros
Great work environment, helpful staff
Cons
Not enough time there (could only work as a student) and the pay was low.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Weight Room Manager/ Trail Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work I would come in for my shift and the first thing I would do is walk around the gym to make sure everything was in order. Then I would make sure clients are following the rules of the weight room. I learned to manage a work area in order to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for customers. My co-workers were very friendly and I become good friends with a lot of them. The hardest part of this job was during peak hours, there would be upwards of 100 people in the gym and I would have to keep order among all those people. The most enjoyable part of the job was that when it was not busy I got to workout during my shift.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited amount of hours available
Great Job
Student Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 12, 2015
Working as a Student Security Officer at BSU was a great opportunity that taught me a lot about how to deal with a variety of different people.
Fun environment
Mail Service Personnel (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 6, 2015
A typical day will be driving around the mail van delivering mail to the school offices and taking their outgoing mails. The hardest part about this job was doing deliveries in the winter, because it was it was so called.
Pros
Have free time
Cons
Gets boring after a while
Love the job, the job doesn't love me
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater MAMarch 31, 2015
I'm an adjunct at BSU, and, while I love my department chair and my coworkers, there is a clear lack of respect from administration, and absolutely no job security. I don't get paid particularly well, though better than some other places.
Pros
Great students, great teaching and learning programs
Cons
no job security
Fun Work Place
Student Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMarch 25, 2015
A typical shift is from either 7pm-11pm or 11pm-3am. I learned how to keep the campus safe. We work solo at the desk but the other SSO staff is very nice. The hardest part is making sure you do not let students slide past you with alcohol. The most enjoyable part is being able to get homework done.
Academic and encouraging atmosphere
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMarch 13, 2015
I would come into the Writing Studio and sit at a table and wait for clients. These clients have either signed up in advance or are walk ins. When I meet with a client, we talk and review their paper, brain storm and work together to edit and write college level papers. The hardest part was to explain English writing rules that were complicated to use in papers, but the most enjoyable part was when the paper was completed after all of our hard work.
Pros
working with different people, making my own hours
Cons
having to remember writing rules
Excellent place to work.
Temporary Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Extremely rewarding workplace. I served in a variety of assignments. My co-workers were always pleasant and very helpful to me. My computer skills were enhanced by working at Bridgewater State University. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting students and colleagues.
Pros
the location was very convenient to my home.
Cons
no benefits, such as paid holidays.
Great freshman job experience on campus
Model Room Host (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day as a model room host was very easy, all my roommates and I had to do was to make sure that we kept our dorm room very clean and presentable for tours and made sure that we attended the school's open house. My supervisors were good, if I had a problem or misunderstanding, they were willing to hear me out and solve that issue the best way that they can. This job was fairly easy, nothing hard about it. The most enjoyable part was being apart of a prospective student first time seeing a dorm and answering any questions he or she asked.
it was fun
Campus Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 26, 2014
I had fun working here it was interesting and enjoyable more more more more more more more
Flexible job
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 3, 2014
A fantastic part time job to pull in some extra cash for school supplies or gas money. I worked in the darkroom developing area. I made sure everything was clean, organized, and fully stocked.

I loved working with other students. Though communication was tough so it was a little unpredictable. Some days nothing needed to get done, other days I needed to mix massive batches of chemicals for the darkroom in addition to other duties.
Pros
free darkroom access, flexible hours
Cons
part time only, inconsistent, lingering chemical smell
Very good work environment.
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAApril 20, 2014
This is a great place to work. Staff are helpfull and cooperative. Working conditions are clean, safe and well planned.
Pros
new building, new equipment. good bosses.
Cons
on your feet most of work shift.
NoteTaker
Student Note taker (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMarch 23, 2014
Took notes for students with learning disabilities that required a notetaker in the class. Simple job if you're organized and take great notes.
I enjoyed my experince with these amazing ladies
Election board member (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Refined Movement is a Hip-Hop dance group at Bridgewater State University. I have the privileged to be on this team for the four years of my college life. For the past three years I was the Event-Coordinator for the team. My responsibilities was to make sure everything was set for the team; i.e making sure we had practice locations, if we had shows, made sure we had rooms for the show and dealt with contracts. Think of it like a party planner
Pros
meeting new individuals
Great state university to start your volunteer experience at!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAOctober 4, 2013
Amazing place to volunteer at when you are attending there. So many opportunities to choose from!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
never know what to expect

4.3