Bridgewater State University Employee Reviews

Fun and energetic work environment
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MANovember 4, 2016
Working at Bridgewater State has been wonderful. It is a fun and energetic place to work. I have learned time management skills, administrative duties, and patience. Working 6 days a week about 50 hours a week has been challenging, but has brought me to become very close to my coworkers, and dedicated to my work. Work life balance is something that is over looked in my position and I would like a more consistent schedule.
Good working place
Cashier/Carter/Dish (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAAugust 23, 2016
This is a good working place, with nice environment, management wasn't so good, but we worked out. I like when it's busy, because it keeps you away from doing what you aren't supposed to do .
Pros
Free food
Cons
not enough working hours
Productive, fun, educational
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MASeptember 9, 2016
Guarding the swim team and some faculty members throughout the day. Management and co-workers were very easy to cooperate with.
Fun place to work as college student
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAAugust 3, 2016
I worked for Bridgewater State University while I was a student there. I really enjoyed working at the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership. The job was easy and not very stressful. The management was amazing and my co-worker were other students like me.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
no cons
Enjoyable workplace.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 31, 2017
Tutoring is a rewarding job. Tutoring is usually a few times a week for an hour each session depending on the student's needs.
Good place to work.
Sr. Project Manager -Remote (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 18, 2015
Good work culture and ethics. Lot to learn from the peer teams.
Flexible work hours. only thing is no transparency with the management team. Escalations work show any benefits.
Great place to start your career
Blackboard Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 22, 2016
I worked as a student in the Academic Achievement Center of BSU, and it has been an important step to my career. The management was great and helpful when not knowing where to start. I enjoyed making my own hours too.
Good, organized work place, great co-workers
Event Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 21, 2016
The best part about my job was the organization each day and the fact that my boss would allow to take control when he was not around. It gave me great experience on how to control other staff members and be a leader.
Pros
Flexible Hours
A good place to work.
Visiting Lecturer in Communication Studies (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAOctober 23, 2012
I liked this job, because I learned how to teach. I learned about the reality of facilitating education in a classroom.The typical day happened in one of two ways. Either, I was preparing for the course meetings or I was working with students. The management was fine: they are dedicated to education. My co-workers were supportive and friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress of giving finals and assigning grades. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the students learn. Many of the students were hard working and nice to be around.
Fun place to work
Equipment Room Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMarch 21, 2016
Minimal skills required for job yet provided with a comfortable place to work. Co-workers and manager incredibly welcoming and friendly
Life changing, provided me with opportunity and guidance
editor writer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Working for BSU gave me the opportunity to forge relationships with professors that I would now consider mentors and participate in some work that was personally fulfilling as well as educational.
Pros
interactive and fast-paced
Cons
low pay
Excellent job and quite easy
INFORMATIONAL TECHNOLOGY STUDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  bridgewater, maAugust 16, 2013
Typical work day: I would sit behind the IT desk and help students with their software related issues.
Learned: I learned everything I know about Dell computers and Windows software from working at I.
Management: Quite friendly, understandable, easy to talk to and flexible
Co-workers: Your fellow students are the ones you'd be working with and are always willing to lend a helping hand to resolve an issue
Values high but horrible hours, contract, no benefits, pay is mediocre
Educator/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2012
Working at Bridgewater State University has toughened me up quite a bit; the students, while mostly respectful and committed to their education, realize that this is a big business, and that their rights (and feelings) come first. It is nearly impossible to get students to stop texting, emailing, and surfing during class; they are often late, do not take homework seriously, want ALL of the answers for tests, in advance, and if you don't accommodate ALL of their needs, they write you up on "Rate your teacher." So from the teacher perspective - mine - one who has been an "A" student since kindergarten, never missing class and never speaking out against an educator - I, who CARE about their learning in every respect, and am a highly qualified and knowledgeable educator - it is a very difficult gig. I still do care and rank education in America as our number one priority; but how to reach students AND administrators with what MUST be the ground rules for authentic (or any) learning to occur?
Pros
beautiful grounds; nice staff; many of the students are committed to their learning
Cons
long drive, low pay, no benefits, classes spaced out with hours in-between, lack of adminstrative support
Excellent place to work.
Temporary Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Extremely rewarding workplace. I served in a variety of assignments. My co-workers were always pleasant and very helpful to me. My computer skills were enhanced by working at Bridgewater State University. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting students and colleagues.
Pros
The location was very convenient to my home.
Cons
No benefits, such as paid holidays.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Weight Room Manager/ Trail Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work I would come in for my shift and the first thing I would do is walk around the gym to make sure everything was in order. Then I would make sure clients are following the rules of the weight room. I learned to manage a work area in order to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for customers. My co-workers were very friendly and I become good friends with a lot of them. The hardest part of this job was during peak hours, there would be upwards of 100 people in the gym and I would have to keep order among all those people. The most enjoyable part of the job was that when it was not busy I got to workout during my shift.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited amount of hours available
Love the job, the job doesn't love me
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater MAMarch 31, 2015
I'm an adjunct at BSU, and, while I love my department chair and my coworkers, there is a clear lack of respect from administration, and absolutely no job security. I don't get paid particularly well, though better than some other places.
Pros
Great students, great teaching and learning programs
Cons
no job security
Excellent Learning opportunity
Laboratory Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 9, 2015
I love being in a laboratory setting, and this job was just that. A typical day of work might begin with washing test tubes and setting them up for a run in the autoclave. I might then proceed to create media for plates, tubes, or slants. Then I could update MSDS information in our online catalogue or perhaps turn over a class lab. I would run diagnostics on machines used in the anatomy labs, and make sure all labs get restocked for the next weeks classes.
Pros
Great work environment, helpful staff
Cons
Not enough time there (could only work as a student) and the pay was low.
Academic and encouraging atmosphere
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMarch 13, 2015
I would come into the Writing Studio and sit at a table and wait for clients. These clients have either signed up in advance or are walk ins. When I meet with a client, we talk and review their paper, brain storm and work together to edit and write college level papers. The hardest part was to explain English writing rules that were complicated to use in papers, but the most enjoyable part was when the paper was completed after all of our hard work.
Pros
Working with different people, making my own hours
Cons
Having to remember writing rules
Fun Work Place
Athletic Training Intern (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MANovember 22, 2015
I only have one co-worker. My co-worker and I have a good partnership. We balance where the other may lack. We have 4 bosses who are all very organized and understanding, they often help us if we need it.
Great freshman job experience on campus
Model Room Host (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day as a model room host was very easy, all my roommates and I had to do was to make sure that we kept our dorm room very clean and presentable for tours and made sure that we attended the school's open house. My supervisors were good, if I had a problem or misunderstanding, they were willing to hear me out and solve that issue the best way that they can. This job was fairly easy, nothing hard about it. The most enjoyable part was being apart of a prospective student first time seeing a dorm and answering any questions he or she asked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgewater State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2