Bridgewater State University Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Fulbright Scholar in Residence (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MADecember 24, 2017
My tenure as Fulbright Scholar in Residence in the Anthropology Department has been very enriching. I applied a student cantered approach to learning that yielded tremendous results.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Accounting & Finance Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MASeptember 21, 2017
Bridgewater is a State University Located in Bridgewater, MA. The employees there are very happy with the way Management treat them. I am very fortunate to be part of the faculty staff of such a great school.
Harassment from the upper level people not my direct supervisor
Mail clerk (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 31, 2017
I faced discrimination and harassment from vice president of the college.And much more I will keep quiet about. Poorly run institution. I recall the days that it was more about keeping the students on campus and not targeting them until they needed to transfer schools.
Pros
Some wonderful people work on that campus
Cons
Not enough of to out weigh the awful people who do not deserve their position of power
Great Experience
Referee (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAAugust 22, 2017
Being an Intramural referee was a great experience, you get to see the other side of playing basketball, you get to see that it really isn't that easy for refs to make the calls they make.
fun work environment
Geography Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 9, 2017
Learning new skills in my field of study. Setting up Computer software is installed, created where they need to be. Working with other geography professors. Cataloging maps into digital record
Pros
part time job
Cons
only available as a work study
Work study
Equipment Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 26, 2017
It was a college work study job, not sure why I have to write a review for them, but i had a great time there if that counts? Looked like the people that worked there had it made.
Very nice
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 22, 2017
Worked on few research projects related to supply chain. Cool place to work and many opportunities to learn from mentors. Bridgewater State university is a great place to earn experience.
I like to go out and see the world. This is much always a very way for me to get to know it better also, which is sometimes a good or bad experience.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 30, 2017
Pros
I do like to go out on lunch breaks, or take some time off if I do not feel well.
Cons
An unmanageable schedule
Knowledgeable experience with pleasant environment
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 25, 2017
Conferences were held where an assistant focused on problem resolutions, with a deadline-oriented approach and scheduled management. We did so with committed and motivation with exceptional customer service and decision making skills. Strong work ethic, professional demeanor and great initiative; skilled with working with a diverse group of people and using creative skills for tasks at hand.
Pros
Free apartment on campus
Cons
Early days as well as working weekends sometimes
Great Learning experience
Computer Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 24, 2017
Didn't work there long enough to develop any real opinions on the work place itself.
was a tutor for a semester great way to help other students and an amazing way to really drive the knowledge into your head.
The most borring job I have ever had.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 20, 2017
I sometimes did some light office work. I took messages and some computer work. I was fun when I was busy. I was extremely tired of reading and trying to keep myself busy.
Productive and easy-going work place
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work would be organizing the gym memberships from the most new to the least. We scan everyone's card that comes into the gym and try to keep a clean and safe environment.
Pretty Good
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT FELLOW (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMay 9, 2017
I worked in the Community Service Office and this area was pretty good. I like the people I was working with. They were very supportive towards any ideas.
Relaxed atmosphere to work at Bridgewater State University
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAApril 12, 2017
Excellent Manager at my Department.
I was able to learn two new Technologies and apply them to my job.
Able to attend Art and Music Activities as long as it is not during your work hours.
Excellent Cafeteria with good Breakfast and lunch choices.
Pros
Coffee provided by Manager
Cons
No healthcare offered if less than 20 hours per week.
Good opportunity
Assistant Men's and Women's Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAApril 9, 2017
BSU gave me a good opportunity following graduation with a part time coaching position while I was seeking full-time work in the college athletic administration field.
Pros
good people, opportunity
Cons
many positions are part time
State job
Maintainer I (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMarch 19, 2017
Typical state job you only get out of it what you put into it.

Very difficult to hold people to their word and accountability.

No room for advancement unless you kiss up
Great work enviornment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAMarch 19, 2017
Wonderful people to work with. Great environment to learn and grow as a professional. Ability to take incentive and use skills in different manners. Highly recommend.
Work with highly motivated young adults in order to create an enthusiastic mindset for incoming students
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day as an Orientation Leader involved training for multiple hours per day before sessions started with incoming students. These training's allowed you to bond with your fellow Orientation Leaders and become more of a cohesive group. I learned a lot about myself during training and even more about myself when I applied my training to my students. The work place culture was fantastic. Every day was a new adventure and never a dull moment. I met some life long friends at this job.
Enjoyable workplace.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 31, 2017
Tutoring is a rewarding job. Tutoring is usually a few times a week for an hour each session depending on the student's needs.
intern best for career pratice
Assistant Manager CESO (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MANovember 25, 2016
the manager is totally amazing at the CESO as a Associates I final y found it the major I was looking for is close to clerical work and computer . I recommended this to some people who is trying to be getting out of basic customer service .