Bridgeway Rehabilitation Services Employee Reviews

burnout but offered good trainings
Recovery Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 13, 2017
It will depend on which program you are working with, some staff can be supportive and helpful to each other. Responsibilities and caseload just keep increasing causing a lot of burnout and stress.
Outreaching
Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 24, 2017
Learned about people with disabilities and how each one is different. You must treat them accordingly and know that every day will be different. I've had good and bad days.
Awesome place to work
Senior Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, New JerseyAugust 10, 2017
Bridgeway is a great place to work, awesome management and co workers. The Benefits were great. I enjoyed very much working for this Non profit agency, they provide an excellent service to the community.
Productive fun work place but there is no room for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 5, 2017
I have learned a lot working here but it is time to move on there no room for advancement here I would like to move up in companies that permit it ok.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
no room for advancement
It was ok
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMay 10, 2017
I have no strong feelings about this job whatsoever. The work I did was menial and did not provide any sense of accomplishment. It's a necessary position, though.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Unsatisfying
Productive work envrionment
Office Manager / Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJ 07003April 24, 2017
Through my experiences , I was able to communicate and work well with others and the ability to conquer all of my due diligence. I have also demonstrated superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging problems.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No room for growth
Great people! Easy going environment.
ICMS Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJMarch 7, 2017
Easy going. Opportunities for growth. Lots of autonomy. Caseload isn't enormous. Encouraged to ask questions. Holidays are off. No micro-managing. Great environment.
Productive place that nurtures learning.
Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJDecember 21, 2016
Good place to work. Supportive staff. Good benefits. Funding available to aid any individual in getting training. Extensive training in EHR, note taking, and psychiatric rehabilitation.
Flexibility of take home vehicle, free car, gas, insurance,
Wellness Specialist PACT (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 2, 2016
I've been working here for about 6 years and overall I love working for our persons served, being there for the individuals who dont have family, we are their only family for alot of them.

One of the negatives of this company is our lazy upper management, especially Team Leaders, I've seen Team Leaders who do not complete their own IRP'S and have certain staff members complete and sign on their behalf their treatment plans, which is a no no, only licensed LSW and who are Team Leaders should be signing IRP'S. I've seen Team Leaders give their sign in and password to fellow members of the team so they can sign fellow members IRP'S. No one says anything due to the fact that nothing will happen.

Another negative is coworkers would have their own kids car seat in our company cars that we transport persons served, which means they are using it for personal usage.

Staff members using the $100 client assistance for personal usage, they would buy lunch for themselves and just put persons served initials on it and submit for reimbursement. There's a lot of foul things that go on, which I have reported in the past but it goes unheard.

Also Team Leaders who would take person's served to their own homes to help them move or clean their backyards which is totally unethical. I hope that one day the issues would get addressed.
Pros
Flexibility of driving around the community and not being in the office paper pushing, taking persons served on social outings, take home laptops
Cons
Management, they only look out for themselves not so confident of the team members, lazy Team Leaders who has staff complete their own paperwork, Irp's, favoritism
I do not recommend working here
Pact (Former Employee) –  Fords, NJAugust 26, 2016
As someone who has worked with a few agencies who serve the same population, I will say that Bridgeway was the most disorganized yet asked the most of their employees. Upper management is mostly horrible and seem to constantly be in fear. This culture of fear and cookie cutter interventions as well as excessive paper work and endless other responsibilities with little support from upper management resulted in me leaving my position after 6 months as this job negatively effected my quality of life and my wife noticed my stress level was far too high. I do not recommend working for Bridgeway.
Pros
Vacation days are generous. I think they mean well. Not many pros.
Cons
Horribly disorganized, no actual training in techniques expected to use, just very superficial training, Often put in dangerous situations, Pay is slightly less than other similar agencies yet workload is higher.
Productive Non - Profit Co.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  615 N Broad Street Elizabeth NJJune 18, 2015
Answering multiple issues with the people we help. Learned how to work with non-profit organization. Management is helpful on many levels. Co-workers are hard working staff. Hardest part of job is not being able to do more for our clients. Best part of job is interacting with clients and co-workers.
Pros
Helping our clients.
Cons
Limited time and resources.
Good place for Social Workers
Readiness Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 6, 2015
I didn't like social work too much, but their policies and procedures are structured and there is a lot of room from growth if you work hard. The benefits are excellent.
Fantastic organization
Dual Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJFebruary 13, 2014
Great people to work for at Sussex County. Quality organization all around
Pros
coworkers
Great Learning Experience
Wellness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 22, 2013
Great agency, didn't get the chance to work for them long. Nice benefit package