Briggs Equipment

Briggs Equipment Employer Reviews

Branch Manager is a joke/ Service Manager is a 6th grade grad.
Sales (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 14, 2014
Cons: management
I will keep it short without too many details.... Branch Manager only cares about herself getting her hair and nails done and getting back to McAllen around midweek.... Told me I had to learn spanish after I got hired, always talked in spanish and played spanish music on radio in office. She had office staff tell the company driver he had to clock out at 40 hrs. This was so she showed no overtime for company employees. With no company driver all day Friday, she would have office call on outside trucking....this again was not taking care of our company employees...This was really expensive, but showed no labor on our payrole....We spent mabe $1600-3000 on Friday, rather than paying our driver a day overtime...
Could be better
Road Service Technician (Former Employee), AtlantaOctober 7, 2014
The salary is comparable for the area. Unfortunately the company is run rather harshly. The road service supervisors are excellent unfortunately they spend quite a fair amount of time (as the road techs do) trying to calm customers down due to the high prices charged. I personally had one rather large account leave due to the high cost of labor and parts.
Good place to work.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2014
Checking and oversee parts warehouse. I like most everyone there.
I have learn more about fork lifts.
Company Culture Bad.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: esop
Cons: game playing, bully tactics
As an employeee of Briggs Equipment, this is not a good place to work. The Company Culture puts profits ahead of doing the right thing for customers. They have over a 200% markup on parts, Often have to do big heavy jobs with no help or support from within. It is a political place to work, High turnover rate in the sales dept. Dispatchers are clueless on how to manage a techs job. Service Manager has a take it or leave it attitude as well as the company as a whole. Facillity Manager is lazy, but yet keeps company moral down, and uses bully tactics to get what he wants. Parts manager gives lip service everytime you have an issue with a return part, they don't want back they want you to stick it to the customer. Constant lies by management is the daily routine. Sales people never show up after the sale, they promise the moon and stars and not deliver. Customers lose with dealing with Briggs.
Unfair with employees
Commission sales Rep (Former Employee), S TexasJune 3, 2014
Some higher up Managers are not fair, they have their own family members working in different branches and treat them better then those who are performing to make the company succeed, not fair. Not an EEO. As a female I was treated unfair. Regional Manager abuses expense accounts for his own family as well as those family members working.
Briggs Equipment needs to review expense accounts from their own sales people with a fine tooth comb, they also need to sent auditors to review all managers,
Accounting admin
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas txApril 21, 2014
Analyzed Contracts for auto loans. reviewed documents. nice experience
Great company to work for.
Rental Department Manager (Former Employee), San antonioMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great pay...great benefits.
This company always puts good people in charge. Great atmosphere
Heavy Equipment
Major Account Development Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 18, 2013
Pros: golf when you hit bonus plans.
Cons: long term sales cycles.
Cold calling to future clients.
Learned about the industrail marketplace.
Management would help in any way possible.
Closing a large sale, dealing with finance depts.
It was a nice place to work.

June 24, 2013

Yes the sales cycles are long; it’s also really discouraging and very hard to motivate one to make sales calls knowing that he or she has no inventory to sell. When your competition; has the heart of the line equipment on the ground ready for shipment. Yea it hard to find customers already who are in need of your products or services, again it’s also very discouraging when you find that customer, only to find out your competition who is also in on the deal has you beat already with equipment ready to ship. It’s a tuff sale either way, equipment sales are hard enough already. Brochures don’t sell equipment, inventory does. Always has and always will.

Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 27, 2013
this company is good to work for.... a lot of great people to work with
Hard Working Company with Great Retirement
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2013
This is a company where you need to put the time and effort in and you will be rewarded.
Great atmosphere looking to exceed customer's expectations every day
Account Manager (Current Employee), ARMarch 23, 2013
A typical day begins by communicating with the company's technicians about any jobs they are attending to at customer locations within my territory. Since this is a 24/7 industry, it is vital to stay on top of the condition of customer's equipment. Communication with the technicians is key to making sure the downtime of equipment is minimal. From there, I take care of any customer service needs that have come up over the weekend or overnight and prepare for my sales meetings for the day. I look to aggressively grow new equipment sales, service, and parts sales in Northwest Arkansas by providing financial solutions, opportunities in reduction of maintenance costs, and assistance in other projects with the goal of enhancing both current and potential customers' material handling.

I take it upon myself to be learning daily on how to strengthen my professional skills in order to grow my territory and improve the quality of business with those around me. Pre-planning, time management, and territory management skills are some of the most valuable traits I have strengthened. In order to be successful, it is imperative to possess excellent communication skills and a depth of product knowledge to interact with all levels of management, from operator and maintenance managers up to CEO and President.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job and my co-workers go hand-in-hand. I enjoy being at the customer's facility, working alongside my colleagues and customers to create value and opportunities for growth. While providing solutions to customer needs is rewarding, this can often cause tension between the interests of their company and the interests of my company. At times, resolving this tension can be challenging but provides an opportunity to work hard at finding a viable solution for all.
Fast paced working environment sometimes challenging.
Administrative Assistant/Service writer (Former Employee), Freeport, TXFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: excellent insurance benefits package. free lunches on special occasions. long drives at times.
Cons: shortage of employees. short lunches.
Performed general office duties including answering phones, filing/faxing/scanning and writing repair service orders.
Dispatched technicians to jobsites as needed.
Maintained spreadsheets with detailed records such as meter readings and maintenance and/or inspection dates.
Received and processed purchase orders and service invoices. Delivery of parts to customers and technicians if needed.

I learned alot about heavy duty equipment machinery, such as forklifts, manlifts, extended reach forklifts. Very interesting pieces of machinery. The hardest part of my job was that sometimes we were short on technicians. Therefore we had to rework the remaining technicians for the emergency jobs. My co-workers were very knowledgeable in their field of work. They got the job done in a timely manner. They taught me a few things about the equipment.
The most enjoyable part was the learning about the equipment and how it worked, and how to operate it. Management was good, they would help out with any major issues we had come up.
If management would change, would be a good place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2012
Pros: retirement, co-workers
Cons: management, hours, lack of time with family
The co-workers are great, helped you when you needed it. The management needs a really big change, but will never happen.
Very pessimistic management
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LaAugust 30, 2011
Cons: disrepected employees
'Management talks and treats their employees with disrespect, both male and female. Management also allows sales personal to disrespect it's co-workers. Human Resources were called on management twice.

About Briggs Equipment

The business at Briggs Equipment is picking up. The company is the largest distributor of NACCO's Yale-brand forklifts. It supplies – Read more