Briggs Equipment Employee Reviews

n/a
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 4, 2017
There was a lot of nepotism shown to employees who were constantly late to work and with poor work ethics. Raises were not given if a complaint was filed against an employee.
Not a bad job.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2017
I started on a service truck, moved into the service managers position when ran him out. I worked that job until I figured the pay was not worth the pay. I went back to the service truck.
Pros
Good pay, and perkes
Cons
Worked all of the time.
Do not work there (soul sucker)
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2017
The worst Management ever they all have no idea what they are doing. The service MGR is actually a rental MGR so he has no clue. How to run the service department. it only gets worse from there. the hole management team is just old crown forklift guys that where fired and went to briggs equipment when they started in Georgia. Don't do it to your self or your family its not worth it. I could go on for days about how bad this company is.
Pros
you have a job for a very short time
Cons
Everything else
good people
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
this place has a wide variety of people and cultures. everyone usually gets along and willing to help one another. if someone needs a day off there is always a way to make it happen.
Very crazy place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2017
This place was crazy they were 6 months behind on filing. The have us work then do some filing. They need a full time file clear there was not organization at all. I tried to help get it organized but to much work for one person.
Pros
nice break room to relax when you could
Cons
disorganizes
Run for the hills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2017
Briggs is ran by one troll of a man (HR). Don't trust HR or management. You are are not valued as an employee, you're just a number. Management changes policy as they see fit. Each department has a different set of rules outside of the employee handbook. Extremely high turn over in EVERY department.
Mission statement and culture committee is a joke to say the least. Very low pay, metrics extremely hard to even be considered for a raise, no room for advancement. If you need a check to get by. Then work here, but if you're looking for a career or stability. You're wasting your time.
Pros
Check
Very Poor management
In-shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2017
There are no checks and balances here. If a manager says something you did that isn't even true you are held fully accountable. If you contact HR, they don't care. They'll side with the manager.
Pros
Paychecks
Cons
Poor management, No communication, Don’t trust the supervisors or any leadership
need to move into the present.
OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
people are nice. procedures are old. been in business a long time. has good benefits. Sales side is shifty. needs a new manager at san Antonio location.
benefits
Cons
outdated
fun grats people to work with
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed working there, everyone was nice out there. they helped with every situation that I faced during my time. the management was very friendly and worked hard at making sure the customers had their depands forfilled.
Good place to work.
Parts Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Briggs. I was allowed to work with out being micro managed. I was given many responsibilities because management was confident in my work abilities.
Great company
Shop Technician/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2017
This has got to be the best place I've worked at. The money isnt all that great but I made 40 hours solid. The team that I worked with was nothing short of awesome. I highly recommend working here.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Good work environment. They take good care of their employees
Heavy equipment technician (Current Employee) –  Springdale ArkansasFebruary 6, 2017
Good work environment. They take good care of their employeesthey're always looking for ways to help their employees enjoy the work process more
Pros
Lunch is supplied sometimes, picnics
Cons
Really no cons
Good Place
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2016
Good people, regular down to earth atmosphere no complaints; show up do your job get paid; pretty simple.
There is opportunity for Growth in the right department
Good people, unorganized
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2016
Management trainee program needs more structure, left to create work for yourself most of the days. Supposed to be a program to develop trainees in to future managers and leaders of the company but instead stick you in administrative roles that any non college graduate can do.
great place to work
Parts Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2016
The job is fun management is great the hours and locations are a plus. great benefits. great job security. downside advancement and work share load. would apply again
Pros
free lunch great place to work
Cons
advancement
Company began with strong ethic focus of integrity and waivered as of late
Senior Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
Great Company to work for if you want to be a yes person. intially sold on the company values, but Senior Management changes also changed focus and direction.
Horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Does not recognize hard work from its employees. Many hard working employees have left, or fired for unclear reasons. Allot of drama. Unfair treatment, management has "favorites" NOT based on their work abilities.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Certain "favorite" employees are permitted to run the office
No support from management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Great people to work with. Always busy and everyday was different. No guidance from management. No room for growth. Rental fleet is newer just not enough of it. Benefits are good. HR is the most unfair department in the company. I was never written up nor spoken to...never missed a day of work but I was terminated for using foul language at workplace? Really. Management even used foul language.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Cons
Management feels they are intitled.
Employee owned
Operations Manager/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
Down to earth people from CEO to Janitor. Little to no debt. Largest NAACO dealer in the world. Retirement plan is phenomenal. Insurance is really good. Very much family and community oriented.
One of the strongest material handling companies in the industry
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2016
Started in Dallas Texas as a local company and quickly grew into one the largest material handling companies along the Gulf coast.
Pros
Solid organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Briggs Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6