Briggs Equipment Employee Reviews

great place to work
Parts Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2016
The job is fun management is great the hours and locations are a plus. great benefits. great job security. downside advancement and work share load. would apply again
Pros
free lunch great place to work
Cons
advancement
No support from management
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2016
Great people to work with. Always busy and everyday was different. No guidance from management. No room for growth. Rental fleet is newer just not enough of it. Benefits are good. HR is the most unfair department in the company. I was never written up nor spoken to...never missed a day of work but I was terminated for using foul language at workplace? Really. Management even used foul language.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Cons
Management feels they are intitled.
Horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Does not recognize hard work from its employees. Many hard working employees have left, or fired for unclear reasons. Allot of drama. Unfair treatment, management has "favorites" NOT based on their work abilities.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Certain "favorite" employees are permitted to run the office
Great company
Shop Technician/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2017
This has got to be the best place I've worked at. The money isnt all that great but I made 40 hours solid. The team that I worked with was nothing short of awesome. I highly recommend working here.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Good people, unorganized
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2016
Management trainee program needs more structure, left to create work for yourself most of the days. Supposed to be a program to develop trainees in to future managers and leaders of the company but instead stick you in administrative roles that any non college graduate can do.
Company began with strong ethic focus of integrity and waivered as of late
Senior Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
Great Company to work for if you want to be a yes person. intially sold on the company values, but Senior Management changes also changed focus and direction.
Good Place
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2016
Good people, regular down to earth atmosphere no complaints; show up do your job get paid; pretty simple.
There is opportunity for Growth in the right department
Employee owned
Operations Manager/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
Down to earth people from CEO to Janitor. Little to no debt. Largest NAACO dealer in the world. Retirement plan is phenomenal. Insurance is really good. Very much family and community oriented.
Company Culture Bad.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
As an employeee of Briggs Equipment, this is not a good place to work. The Company Culture puts profits ahead of doing the right thing for customers. They have over a 200% markup on parts, Often have to do big heavy jobs with no help or support from within. It is a political place to work, High turnover rate in the sales dept. Dispatchers are clueless on how to manage a techs job. Service Manager has a take it or leave it attitude as well as the company as a whole. Facillity Manager is lazy, but yet keeps company moral down, and uses bully tactics to get what he wants. Parts manager gives lip service everytime you have an issue with a return part, they don't want back they want you to stick it to the customer. Constant lies by management is the daily routine. Sales people never show up after the sale, they promise the moon and stars and not deliver. Customers lose with dealing with Briggs.
Pros
Esop
Cons
Game playing, bully tactics
Enjoyed the co workerkers
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 16, 2015
Great company to work for just low wages compared to the competitors, excellent benefits and work culture and atmosphere is great would go back to work for them
Pros
Enjoyed my job
Cons
Better salary packages
Family atmosphere inside a large corporation
Outside sales and rental of heavy equipment (Former Employee) –  College StationSeptember 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.
You are awarded for your efforts.
The company growth is outstanding. Growth is important with an ESOP in place.
Pros
Fabulous benefits!
Cons
NONE
great company to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 5, 2015
great company with room for advancements. was willing to work with my obligated service to US Army. had great benefits and opportunities for raises and promotions
Fast paced working environment sometimes challenging.
Administrative Assistant/Service writer (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 13, 2013
Performed general office duties including answering phones, filing/faxing/scanning and writing repair service orders.
Dispatched technicians to jobsites as needed.
Maintained spreadsheets with detailed records such as meter readings and maintenance and/or inspection dates.
Received and processed purchase orders and service invoices. Delivery of parts to customers and technicians if needed.

I learned alot about heavy duty equipment machinery, such as forklifts, manlifts, extended reach forklifts. Very interesting pieces of machinery. The hardest part of my job was that sometimes we were short on technicians. Therefore we had to rework the remaining technicians for the emergency jobs. My co-workers were very knowledgeable in their field of work. They got the job done in a timely manner. They taught me a few things about the equipment.
The most enjoyable part was the learning about the equipment and how it worked, and how to operate it. Management was good, they would help out with any major issues we had come up.
Pros
excellent insurance benefits package. free lunches on special occasions. long drives at times.
Cons
shortage of employees. short lunches.
Great employee owned workplace
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Broussard, LAMarch 8, 2016
Briggs is a tremendous company to work for. Our ability to work together as a unit to improve the company's profitability is second to none.
Branch Manager is a joke/ Service Manager is a 6th grade grad.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 14, 2014
I will keep it short without too many details.... Branch Manager only cares about herself getting her hair and nails done and getting back to McAllen around midweek.... Told me I had to learn spanish after I got hired, always talked in spanish and played spanish music on radio in office. She had office staff tell the company driver he had to clock out at 40 hrs. This was so she showed no overtime for company employees. With no company driver all day Friday, she would have office call on outside trucking....this again was not taking care of our company employees...This was really expensive, but showed no labor on our payrole....We spent mabe $1600-3000 on Friday, rather than paying our driver a day overtime...
Cons
One of the strongest material handling companies in the industry
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2016
Started in Dallas Texas as a local company and quickly grew into one the largest material handling companies along the Gulf coast.
Pros
Solid organization
Good Company on the Move
Employee Owner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Briggs has a great culture and has a great vision for the future. They run a good company that is fiscally sound and responsive. My time there has been a pleasure and they practice the open door policy with no exception.

The company is under going some growing pains and this is evident in some of the slow changes taking effect. The growing pains result in some slow communication issues and poor flow from top down.
Pros
Holidays, open door policy, free drinks, small company feel, ESOP, charity opportunities, and stability
Cons
Low end pay, poor communication, lack of policies to support job functions, and resistant to some changes
Capable of earning a lot of experience.
Forklift Technician/Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2015
Management is the reason for me leaving this company. The work, and ability to learn was the best part of this job. The supervisor being incompetent in computer skills, and not being able to upload my training was another reason for me leaving. How can you own a company for 12 years, yet not have any computer skills.
Heavy Duty Parts and Service
Fl- Parts and Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 2, 2015
Serviced an established territory, calling on companies that own heavy equipment and solicit new business to help them service and maintain their equipment in the field and offer mechanical parts and service in the shop.
Pros
This was a new challenge for me, in a field I was not familiar with, but gave me an opportunity to grow a territory.
Cons
The company was forced to downsize, so I was laid off and ultimately they went out of business.
Bad management
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2015
Integrity is a key value but not one that management follows great employee's bad leadership. Ex atlanta branch employee
Pros
Great employee's
Cons
Back stabbing and lack of integrity in the management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Briggs Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7