Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Head Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 22, 2017
Working for BYU is a great experience especially if you are a working student. The hours are flexible, wages are good, and there is a good range of job options.
Great people to work with
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 17, 2017
I worked with great people both within and outside my department. Overall, the atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable. The only improvement I would suggest is more communication. Sometimes policies or rules were not explained across departments well enough
Pros
Great people and atmosphere
Cons
Lack of communication
BYU Rocks!
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 16, 2017
BYU was and is awesome, and a great place to work as a research assistant. Faculty were very friendly and devoted to helping students succeed. They provided undergraduates with many research opportunities.
typical research assistant job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  ProvoMay 15, 2017
It is what you would expect for a research assistant. The pay wasn't great though but it was good experience. I am now just trying to fill this thing up
Super fun student job.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 15, 2017
I had loads of fun with this job and loved the people I worked with. You don't get paid that much. You can work whenever you want to, which is nice.
Pros
Free dinner a couple times
A good tutoring job while in college
IDAHO MATH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 13, 2017
You do not get paid a lot, and you usually only worked for about 8-12 hours a week, but you set your hours and only tutor what you are comfortable with.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
low pay
Fun workplace with easy scheduling
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 11, 2017
I loved working here because I was able to take off as much time as I needed as desired without any problems. I was also able to get a raise every summer I went back.
Best job on campus
Teaching Assistant for American Heritage (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 10, 2017
Getting to work as a teaching assistant as an undergrad is an extremely rare opportunity. I really enjoyed teaching, grading papers, and helping students prepare for exams.
Competitive but rewarding place to work
Research Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 10, 2017
Most of the professors are great to work with. Despite being highly educated they are willing to train and teach you according to the tasks you will be performing.
Great School
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 10, 2017
Very difficult school with lots of fun opportunities. Competitive work environment, but has a place for everyone, even if not all of the jobs are necessarily ideal.
fun and beneficial workplace with great management
Hart Building Staff (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 10, 2017
My time working at BYU-I has been nothing but positive. They really try and allow you to learn and grow. A very relaxed atmosphere and great coworkers.
Steady work with a chance for wonderful coworkers
Student Custodian (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 9, 2017
A typical day at work was setting up for events and cleaning restrooms or other maintenance items. Nothing is too complicated, so anyone can handle it. They give plenty of training so you can fulfill your duties. While I was working, my coworkers were enjoyable and fun to work with, though I can't guarantee that. The biggest benefit would be the somewhat flexible schedule and getting to eat pretty much any leftover food found after events.
Great For Students
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 8, 2017
My boss has always been willing to work with me and my scedule. very funny and personal man. laid back style of working, great if you need a small break from school or another job.
Pros
Laid Back, Flexable.
Cons
No benifits
Enjoyable competitive work environment
Zone Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MTCMay 8, 2017
I work at the MTC and it is extremely competitive. Ultimately, future candidates must be willing to learn and seek the welfare of the missionaries. That means not taking excessive time off, being willing to sacrifice social events for work, and managing yourself outside of work well--whether it is a personal worthiness issue or whether it is time management. The MTC is wonderful, but it is not for everyone.
Diversity
Intern Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 6, 2017
This is a school with a huge diversity. Most students were so friendly. The most amazing part of being here is that you get to meet student that came from all over the world
A great school to work at
Russian language phonetics coach, ESL teacher (Former Employee) –  JKBMay 6, 2017
BYU is a place where you - once hired - immediately begin to sense a very positive attitude from your superiors and from your colleagues. They don't sink-or-swim you; they are willing to help and show their genuine interest in your success.
It was very Productive and I had a lot of fun working for them.
Grounds Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 6, 2017
A typical day at work. I wold go in for work and we would all talk to each other for a few minutes, then start to work. We would all eat lunch together and talk some more about random things. Then we would go back to work for a few more hours and then head home.
I learned that I can work hard, well having fun. I also learned that I am a very fast learner and that I work hard to complete my work on time.
Great place to gain experience
Volunteer Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 2, 2017
Working at Brigham Young University-Idaho is an excellent place to find employment and volunteer opportunities. Scheduling is flexible for students and pays well.
Productive yet laid back environment
Online Course Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 2, 2017
I loved working here. We were a department of about 10 people. Everyone who worked here was so kind and hardworking and was willing to answer questions. We were constantly busy with new courses and tasks to complete, yet I felt fairly free of stress. There was a lot of flexibility in hours we worked. I was employed while in school and they were great about working around my class schedule.
Pros
Super flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Funny I worked with BYU-Hawaii and it asked me to review BYU
Lead Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  NOT IN BYU but in BYUHApril 28, 2017
So My experience with BYU-Hawaii was a great one since I was a student, and an employee at BYUH I have had a great experience in the work field as a TA.
Pros
Great practical experience.
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham Young University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6