Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Byu-I
Personal Training Internship (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 14, 2017
BYU-I is a great place to work and learn. The environment is amazing and the employees are all super educated and kind. I would recommend BYU-I to anyone.
Latin Tutor at BYUI
Latin Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 12, 2017
Working here was good. The pay was not great, but it was still a job. The tuition at BYUI is really cheap, so it's not like it was too bad considering.
Pros
Student relationships
Productive and fun workplace
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 10, 2017
Love working with the faculty and students here; great standards and ethics; love being a part of something bigger; great at understanding personal needs and abilities
Starter job
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 9, 2017
Cleaned buildings and performed menial tasks. Not a job I would want to keep for two long, but until you have job experience it'll work. Not for those who struggle in the morning.
Being a research assistant is the perfect job for students.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 9, 2017
I've learned more working on grad student projects than I have in a lot of my other classes. I feel that the relationships I've made with the grad students and professor have been just as important also. I also love that the hours are completely flexible- perfect for students. You never have to worry about school conflicting with your job.
Educational with opportunities for occupation opportunities
German Courses Instructor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT 84604January 7, 2017
Not only is this university highly accredited for their academics, but they also provide a wide variety of work experience opportunities. These work opportunities also come with the possibility of advancement.
Such a good time
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 5, 2017
As I said before, I love working for this university and wish I did not have to leave. You'll always be happy when at BYU. If you have the chance, work here!
Great place to work with lots of benefits
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 4, 2017
At BYU there are lots of job opportunities that can help you earn money while studying. There is a maximum of 20 hours per week for students.
Great environment and fun place to work
Lead Fire Alarm Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 29, 2016
The people you work with are great and the benefits are great. It's the ideal job as it pays well and it gives you job security for years to come. The workload is usually steady with occasional needs for overtime.
Neat experience that helped me grow
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 28, 2016
I grew to enjoy working with other people and collaborating with them on projects. Although the research topic I worked on was tedious and somewhat new, I enjoyed the challenge.
Great Enviorment
Business School Professor's Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 27, 2016
Great environment. You just feel at home when you are here. The people are really easy to get along with. Everybody is very welcoming. I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Great Enviorment
Cons
None yet
ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 17, 2016
Great place to work .Not a lot of advancement opportunities for online instructors, but otherwise it's great. Highly recommending working here.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
low salary
Review BYUI
Teacher and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 14, 2016
I enjoy working as a teacher assistant. I would grade assignments and tests every week and meet with the teacher to present the work done.
University; not a job
Young Men's and Elders' Quorum President (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 5, 2016
I loved being a student at BYU. It gave me the promise of a bright future of being able to provide for my family. I loved it there.
fun
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 2, 2016
i love that i got to work at a flexible place when i was going to school. they care about you not as just employees but as people. I miss working this job.
Fun, productive environment
Fire Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDDecember 1, 2016
Working in the Safety and Securit Office at Brigham Young University - Idaho has been a wonderful experience, over the past two and a half years. My bosses are kind and understanding about time constraints as a full-time student with a family, they allow the hours to be flexible. Sometimes they are TOO nice and don't give writeups to people who should be written up. Other than that, I have no complaints about working at BYU-I.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, kind people, flexible hours
Cons
Management is sometime too nice
Lead Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 29, 2016
Focused on people and have very good benefits. Gov't contractor but will help you diversify and become an asset that is useful across the company. Very good place to work.
Great place to study and work.
Student Assistant - Academic Advising (Former Employee) –  Laie, HINovember 1, 2016
BYUH is a great place to choose to study and/or work. They accommodating to your needs and desire to help you succeed. It is easy to get school done without having to worry about losing your job because they want to ensure that you do well as well.
Really great place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 18, 2016
Brigham Young University is a great place to work, especially while a student (Masters or Undergraduate). There is a great atmosphere and they are usually really accommodating to the employee's needs.
Very accomodating, have helped a lot of students find their dream job
Academic Trainee (Former Employee) –  BYU - Hawaii Campus Safety and SecuritySeptember 21, 2016
Internships/Academic Trainings are not usually offered in our department. However, the management is giving graduate students the time that they need to find a permanent job and gather experience while waiting for that opportunity. I managed security cameras all over the BYU - Hawaii Campus and the nearby Polynesian Cultural Center.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham Young University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3