Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Education
Volunteer Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 21, 2017
This is where I gained my education and advanced my knowledge base. I enjoyed the diversity in educators and the availability of classes. I took additional classes in my field that were not required.
Relaxed Work Environment
Course Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 21, 2017
A truly enjoyable work environment. It's not where you work or the work itself that is particularly wonderful, but the people you work with are. They have become my best friends, and they foster an environment that promotes that.
Pros
Great environment, flexible schedules
Cons
The facilities I work in aren't the greatest, and the pay isn't the best either.
Hardscape Specialtist (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at BYU. I thought the politics within the office were a little stingy, but it was a good place to work. I would recommend this company to a friend.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Politics of the office
It was fun
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 17, 2017
I reallt enjoyed teaching dance to people of various ages and skill levels. Dancing is something that I enjoy and it was fun to be able to help people learn new skills and make new friends
Pros
Made new friends and had fun
Love what you do
Home evening coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJune 16, 2017
While i was in school this was considered my job of responsibility. we planned and made fun events for people to connect and grow together. Always something new.
Great environment, easy going
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 14, 2017
The work as a TA is pretty simple work, and does not require much effort. It is the optimal type of job that a student needs to get through school. I grade papers online, and attend to whatever needs the Professor requires of me.
Pros
Extremely Flexible
Cons
Lacks the hours I need
Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 6, 2017
The jobs that we did were fun and the people with whom we worked with were awesome. It it a great place to work when you are a student because they work with your schedule. Whenever something comes up unexpectedly, it is easy to get other people to cover for you. I was a great way to earn money while being a student.
Easy and rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 6, 2017
I love the environment that BYU provides for me to work in. I get to work with students on their papers and then I grade those papers. It is fun to help students in their academic endeavors.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
takes a while to grade
convenient and lax work enviroment
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 5, 2017
A lot of fun and very relaxed. The only drawback is not getting very many hours, and there's almost no chance of advancement or getting more hours or pay. However very relaxed and good enviroment
A laid-back and positive environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 4, 2017
Working as a research assistant is difficult work, especially at the beginning. I had to learn to be thorough in the lab procedures while at the same time understanding the genetic concepts of what I was doing. However, the environment was welcoming and the people were patient, so you didn't feel any pressure while learning and performing your duties.
Great School
Capstone Team Member (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 1, 2017
It a great school. You learned a lot and graduate prepared for the job world. The environment its nice and pleasant. I really recoment to study there.
Travel and Explorer new people, country, and culture
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 26, 2017
-Live with the people in the villages, go out to interview to gather data
-Everyone way of living is different but it doesn't necessary mean that it is right or wrong.
-It is a job that is self-motivating and have to be proactive
-It is a very relax environment to allow others to open up to answer questions at the same time maintain professionalism at all times.
-the hardest part of the job is getting people agree to be interview and to have the people answer honestly to so that the data maybe valid.
-The most enjoyable part of this job is that the people to interview and live among becomes a part of who you are.
Pros
Travel around the world
Cons
Money
A conducive environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 24, 2017
Great mentorship provided. The professors and fellow graduate students will both stimulate and challenge you to your maximum potential. You get hands on teaching experience.
Great people which value integrity
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 23, 2017
There are great people in the work environment. They all value morals and teach lessons valuable to life outside of the work office. There are great benefits and work is enjoyable day to day because of the awesome people that work in their staff.
Great Environment
Head Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 22, 2017
Working for BYU is a great experience especially if you are a working student. The hours are flexible, wages are good, and there is a good range of job options.
Great people to work with
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 17, 2017
I worked with great people both within and outside my department. Overall, the atmosphere was relaxing and enjoyable. The only improvement I would suggest is more communication. Sometimes policies or rules were not explained across departments well enough
Pros
Great people and atmosphere
Cons
Lack of communication
BYU Rocks!
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 16, 2017
BYU was and is awesome, and a great place to work as a research assistant. Faculty were very friendly and devoted to helping students succeed. They provided undergraduates with many research opportunities.
typical research assistant job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  ProvoMay 15, 2017
It is what you would expect for a research assistant. The pay wasn't great though but it was good experience. I am now just trying to fill this thing up
Super fun student job.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 15, 2017
I had loads of fun with this job and loved the people I worked with. You don't get paid that much. You can work whenever you want to, which is nice.
Pros
Free dinner a couple times
A good tutoring job while in college
IDAHO MATH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 13, 2017
You do not get paid a lot, and you usually only worked for about 8-12 hours a week, but you set your hours and only tutor what you are comfortable with.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham Young University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6