Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Educational
Anatomy Teaching Assistant Mentor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 28, 2017
Good experience. I loved working as an anatomy teaching assistant and getting hands on experience with cadavers and dissection tools. Good prep for medical school as well.
Productive Fun Workplace
Cashier & General Helper (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 28, 2017
Great place to work if you are trying to balance school and work. Willing to be extremely flexible with school schedules. Managers are caring and willing to work with you.
Productive work place
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 27, 2017
Working for BYU-I has a really positive work atmosphere. It is spiritually fulfilling as well as a constructive atmosphere for students to become better.
Pros
constructive work environment
Cons
Only 20 hr work weeks
Flexible hours and fun environment
Cougar Eat Host (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 27, 2017
I like working as a host because I don't have to stand behid a register doing the same thing over and over again. There are so many tasks to accomplish and it helps keep work fun. I love how the supervisor does not intimidate the crew but helps us when we ate overwhelmed with work. Since I take care of the whole cafeteria, I am allowed to stop or a few seconds and chat with some friends who come there to eat which sometimes is a relief. The hardest part of the job is when the garbage is full and the ice machines are empty at the same time because I have to fin a way to make sure both tasks get done. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other hosts to accomplish a task and getting random thank you from customers.
Pros
half off card to eat at most of the restaurants on campus, free meal cards from management as a reward.
Cons
no breaks, minimum wage
Great place to work!
Hazardous Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 23, 2017
I love working at BYU. It is a great environment and you have plenty of opportunities to advance your career. The benefits are very good and better than most places I have compared.
Pros
Environment, Benefits, Learning Opportunities, Activities
Cons
None that I can think of . . .
Great work environment, difficult hours
Night Custodian (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 16, 2017
Working night custodial is not for the faint of heart. Do not take this job unless you know you can handle daytime classes during the week and nighttime shifts on the weekends. This will ruin your sleep schedule. But the job is fun and the pay is good.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work, not fun hours
Great work/life balance
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 14, 2017
Great place to work, friendly and helpful administrators and easy to understand clocking system. The pay is generally very decent if you're a student and is the working hours are fairly flexible as a TA.
Byu
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2017
I enjoy teaching for BYU. It's a great institution, the business school is top notch, and the MCOM section of the OLS department is stellar. I enjoy interacting with both students and faculty.
Learning oriented and fun place to work.
Lead Student Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 9, 2017
A typical day consists of creating samples, testing them, and interviewing departments or individuals concerning the items being tested. The best part is that you are continually learning about new departments and the responsibilities of other jobs. The hardest part of the job is getting people to respond to your inquiries.

Humor is always accepted here and the supervisors are always open to helping you understand any portion of your job.
Pros
Culture, hours, versatility of work.
Cons
Student position
Exemplary ethics and work standard
Pre-doctoral Internship (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 6, 2017
BYU was an excellent learning experience and working environment. I highly recommend this environment and program to anyone seeking a pre-internship or an internship placement as part of their education and degree advancement.
Pros
good environment; friendly people; knowlegable staff
Clean environment, good people
Cashier and Grill Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 4, 2017
The best thing about working at Brigham Young University is the people. They're really nice and go out of their way for you. However, since the jobs are in high demand, they don't have very high pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 24, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with BYU. However in my year and a half of working my current job, I never received a pay raise. I found that to be very frustrating. Otherwise it was a very relaxed place to work and it had good atmosphere.
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDFebruary 21, 2017
I felt like I was really helping the other students to be successful in their schooling. The other students and administration who worked in the tutoring center were kind and helpful.
Very flexible schedules
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 14, 2017
BYU is very good about working with student schedules. They recognize that you are a student and that you are in school so they work with you to have a work schedule that works for you.
Spiritual Academia
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 10, 2017
If you are looking for a place to nourish both your mind and soul, it would be difficult to find a better place than BYU. Both standards there are high and it shows in the quality of everything they do.
Pros
Great Work - Life Balance
Cons
It is academia - with all that implies
Great
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 8, 2017
Great Place to work. Nice people are everywhere. You can always get help. People love to work. People are very friendly towards others.
Pros
Great
Cons
NO cons
It is a wonderful place to work at
Chinese Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 25, 2017
* working with wonderful and cheerful people
* working with positive and supportive mentors
* building up leadership skills
* having open comminiocation
Fulfilling work that allowed personal growth
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 18, 2017
I was able to learn much doing habitat research for the forest service, as well as develop leadership in training new team members. The hardest part of the job was the physicality and exhaustion after being out in the elements for a long shift. I learned how to work well with others and find success in working as a team.
Was fun while in school
Research Associate-Political Science (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 17, 2017
This was a fun place and easy place to work while finishing my degree. On campus so can work in between classes and a nice quiet place to work on homework as well.
Good management and a place to learn as a student
Student Secretary (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJanuary 15, 2017
A good place for student to learn and earn working experience. The school provide jobs for student to earn some income to support their living while studying.
Pros
The school job helped my finance while I was studying
Cons
Keep my student life super busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham Young University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6