Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Organized and great co-workers that helped get work done easily and quickly
Campus Life Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 22, 2017
I love working here. It is very relaxed and easy but only if you know what you are doing and get work done on time. If you slack off or don't do what is needed, the job is stressful and unsuccessful. The co-workers and management are fantastic! The hardest part of the job is working along side other BYU programs that are scheduled closely together, and yet, this is a very nit picky "hard" part of the job. I have learned how to lead and get the job done no matter the circumstances. I have learned communication and time management.
Pros
May do homework when free time is available.
Cons
low wage.
Fun Fridays
Technical Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 20, 2017
We worked together and enjoyed the environment and tasks we were put in each day.
everyone on my team loved working with students and had the willingness to help each other out. the most enjoyable part of work was food Fridays where we had potluck.
Student job with great flexibility
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 20, 2017
My job consists of research dealing with the history of the LDS Church in different region i.e. Alaska, Hawaii, Tonga etc.. I also review and proof the manuscripts of books for the professor I work for before they go to print. Apart from the research I am also his Teaching Assistant were I handle any where from 100 to 200 students with various items such as grading papers, working with Learning Suite, and handling any other technical issues.
A fun place to work and learn
kitchen staff, cashier, store attendant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 15, 2017
For a school cafeteria, I really enjoyed working there. The people were fun to work with, the managers were really nice and supportive, and there was always a chance to learn something new.
Pros
Occasional free food
easy job
CUSTODIAN/LEAD CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  May, IDJuly 12, 2017
I was in charge of training other custodians so that meant I needed to know all of the cleaning methods. I would arrive before the main crew and have a pow wow with my boss on specific areas that need attention and what I need to do about it. I was the last to leave and made sure that all areas were done properly and helped with laundry.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
Early morning shifts
I worked here as a student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 6, 2017
I worked at BYU as a student. I don't feel like this job review is really something I need to do but for some reason I am required to do this. I have almost met the character requirement.
Comfortable friendly environment
CTL - Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 6, 2017
Lots of people want to work for BYU, so the compensation and room for advancement is a little less. But, lots of people want to work for BYU because it is a great place to work.
Excellent Place Full of Opportunities
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 5, 2017
As a research assistant, I performed tasks that became valuable as I moved on. The consistency I was able to culture here helped me become more valuable as an employee in my later jobs.
Quick paced and numerous tasks, free food
Assistant Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 26, 2017
The daily tasks have enough in common to quickly adapt with novel experiences. Communication is great so long as you're proactive. Some difficulties in communicating how to do a task if you don't understand the initial instructions, they are not reworded. The hours although flexible are rather early and can become demand with time.
Pros
Freefood
Cons
Communication falters at times
Education
Volunteer Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 21, 2017
This is where I gained my education and advanced my knowledge base. I enjoyed the diversity in educators and the availability of classes. I took additional classes in my field that were not required.
Relaxed Work Environment
Course Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 21, 2017
A truly enjoyable work environment. It's not where you work or the work itself that is particularly wonderful, but the people you work with are. They have become my best friends, and they foster an environment that promotes that.
Pros
Great environment, flexible schedules
Cons
The facilities I work in aren't the greatest, and the pay isn't the best either.
Hardscape Specialtist (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at BYU. I thought the politics within the office were a little stingy, but it was a good place to work. I would recommend this company to a friend.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Politics of the office
It was fun
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 17, 2017
I reallt enjoyed teaching dance to people of various ages and skill levels. Dancing is something that I enjoy and it was fun to be able to help people learn new skills and make new friends
Pros
Made new friends and had fun
Love what you do
Home evening coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJune 16, 2017
While i was in school this was considered my job of responsibility. we planned and made fun events for people to connect and grow together. Always something new.
Great environment, easy going
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 14, 2017
The work as a TA is pretty simple work, and does not require much effort. It is the optimal type of job that a student needs to get through school. I grade papers online, and attend to whatever needs the Professor requires of me.
Pros
Extremely Flexible
Cons
Lacks the hours I need
Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 6, 2017
The jobs that we did were fun and the people with whom we worked with were awesome. It it a great place to work when you are a student because they work with your schedule. Whenever something comes up unexpectedly, it is easy to get other people to cover for you. I was a great way to earn money while being a student.
Easy and rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 6, 2017
I love the environment that BYU provides for me to work in. I get to work with students on their papers and then I grade those papers. It is fun to help students in their academic endeavors.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
takes a while to grade
convenient and lax work enviroment
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 5, 2017
A lot of fun and very relaxed. The only drawback is not getting very many hours, and there's almost no chance of advancement or getting more hours or pay. However very relaxed and good enviroment
A laid-back and positive environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 4, 2017
Working as a research assistant is difficult work, especially at the beginning. I had to learn to be thorough in the lab procedures while at the same time understanding the genetic concepts of what I was doing. However, the environment was welcoming and the people were patient, so you didn't feel any pressure while learning and performing your duties.
Great School
Capstone Team Member (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 1, 2017
It a great school. You learned a lot and graduate prepared for the job world. The environment its nice and pleasant. I really recoment to study there.