Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University Employer Reviews

part time teaching position
Part time Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Provo, UtahAugust 16, 2014
Pros: top knotch university
Cons: unstable position
contracted for a specific class a semester at a time. Positions are dropped when budget or enrollment changes so lack of security and benefits.
Nice people to work with and smart, motivated students. Experience can vary greatly with different clinical sites.
Great working environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Provo, UTAugust 4, 2014
Great working environment. Co-workers are awesome to work with.
Teaching Assistant at Brigham Young University
Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Provo, UTJuly 31, 2014
Pros: time to work on homework or reading.
Cons: grading can become tedious.
This isn't a bad job. If you are a student who needs a little extra money or if you need to improve in a subject than this is a good position. Normally you grade papers and submit the grades to grade book. Occasionally you will need to help students with their course work. Management is very hands off and they give you all the tools you need to succeed – more... without hovering over you shoulder. You will get better at what ever subject you TA and the hardest part of the job is the occasional question that is beyond your ability to answer after consulting the book. On these occasions you will need to take the student to the professor so that both of you can get help. It is great watching fellow students master difficult concepts. – less
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Telescope Operator (Former Employee), Provo, UTJuly 21, 2014
I was an undergraduate research assistant at BYU in conjunction with my pursuing my Bachelor of Science. Rating and review would not be reflective of a normal full-time employee.
Great Boss, great place to work
Web Developer (Current Employee), Provo, UTJuly 15, 2014
The culture is great and I really enjoy the flexibility of working as a student as web programmer.
I enjoyed working as an accounting assistant.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Provo, UTJuly 9, 2014
Pros: nice yearly parties
Cons: a lot of arrogance among other employees
I love working with numbers and balancing different accounts.
Great student job!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 25, 2014
My supervisor was very understanding and accommodating when it came to schedule conflicts with school. He was willing to work with me and was always patient when teaching me to do new tasks.
Student employment.
Supervisor & Technician (Current Employee), Provo, UTJune 19, 2014
Good job for students to get work experience while focusing on their studies.
I was apart of many of the games and events at BYU.
Special Event Staff (Former Employee), Provo, UTJune 9, 2014
Pros: i sometimes got to view the events; i also met fun people.
Cons: i mainly worked weekends, especially in the evening.
I was hired as an usher but I often scanned tickets at the door of either the stadium or the events center. Sometimes this could be very cold and long, and sometimes slow, but I often had good people to talk and laugh with to pass the time. I learned to like greeting people and guiding them to where they needed to be. Though we often had to be there – more... two hours before the event, it was very important to be on time. The hardest part of the job was being the bad cop and laying down the rules that people wanted you to bend a little - I couldn't blame them for being upset sometimes, but I tried to do my best to uphold the job that I had been given to do. One of the best perks was to get to see some of the concerts, performances, and games and get paid to be there! – less
Too much politics involved
Spanish Language Faculty (Former Employee), Provo, UTMay 30, 2014
Too much work for what I was paid.

The Spanish department dripped politics & favoritism.

I enjoy the teaching, because the students were the best students, ever had, compared with the other 3 universities I taught.

The majority of the co-workers did not want to cooperate or share their knowledge to improve everyone's teaching skills.

You were on – more... your own. Absolutely not team work. – less
BYU-Idaho
Editing Staff Member (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDMay 21, 2014
I was mostly a student there, but when I worked, the pay was minimal. My time on the newspaper was also an internship and unpaid... However, there is an undeniably positive spirit through the school. Its a great place to go to school and/or work.
Amazing undergraduate opportunity
Biology Student Researcher (Former Employee), Laie, HIMay 20, 2014
This job was a truly excellent and life changing research position.
Engaging and skills builder
PROJECT ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Provo, UTMay 19, 2014
Modeled school planetarium in EASE program to take acoustical measurements.
Productive, restocking, keeping track of inventory
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDMay 18, 2014
Pros: working on campus
Cons: slow time
I was in charge of the inventory in my section. I was over the office supplies in the store. I didn't make commission off of sales but I did have to know my products to help others make decisions.

I loved the management. They were understanding when I had tests to take as well.

The hardest part was the slow pace. Days went by extremely slowly.

The – more... most enjoyable thing was that I met so many people that were attending my campus. – less
Unity and fun with diverse people
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Laie, HIMay 15, 2014
Cons: short break, health care, discount of tuition
-The work in this company is great, everyone are nice and helpful
-I learned how to work in a group and accomplish the task that were assigned to the group, I learned how to work with others to solve complex task.
I learned how to configure, manage and support the school linux server and window server 2008 and 2012.
-The management is great.
-The hardest – more... part of the job is to find time with team members to meet because most of the co-workers i worked with were students and they all have different schedules, but thanks to google doc for helping us to coordinate with all the team members.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is help others with technology, also working with student to solve technical problem such as networking problem, telephone problems and so on – less
Nice place to work
Statistical Consultant (Current Employee), Provo, UTApril 28, 2014
BYU is a good place to work with a clean environment.
Management is fairly open and flexible.
Job offered a variety of opportunities for learning and growth.
Interesting, fun, and educational workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Provo, UtahApril 26, 2014
I love helping to research, edit, and write about all sorts of religious topics. At the same time I get to improve my writing, and work closely with professors. It is pretty relaxed at minimal hours per week. For now, it fits into my school schedule but I am never bored as I am always busy with multiple tasks.
Productive and Peaceful place to attend and work
Network Technician (Former Employee), Hawaii, Laie, U.S.AApril 15, 2014
I did enjoyed attending and working at Brigham Young University.
At this university you come across students from different part of the world. It was like a melting pot.
Great place to learn and grow while providing a great service!
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDApril 11, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no benefits as students.
A typical day at work was answering phones, assisting patients as needed, and following a basic task list of daily and weekly duties. Adjustments and changes were made as other departments requested assistance in training and additional projects.

I learned a bit more about the new HIPPA guidelines and some new ways to use data spreadsheets and operating – more... systems.

Management was a bit different than I had been previously exposed to. The area director was the head of the health center with a manager over billing and reception which were both college students, often in an internship situation, with an administrative mentor and department mentor. I worked very closely with my department mentor and had a rotating/changing schedule which enabled me to be available to provide coverage for our department and balance my class schedule.

Co-workers were a wide variety of personalities and ages, although each of us were students, minus administration and faculty. They were great to work with and it was a great opportunity to share my experience being that most had not experience in such positions.

The hardest part of the job was the scheduling and break downs in communication between leadership. The management set up made it semi-difficult to maintain balance between departments when projects needed to be completed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with and the opportunity to self-manage. I was trusted to do my job and stay on top efficiency and accuracy. – less
Early Morning Cutodian
Maintenance (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDApril 11, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: early morning
Work was generally 4-7am and we were assigned an area to clean. Facilities manager at the time wasn't always very nice, but it was a decent job. Co workers were nice in helping to explain how things were done.

1 2 3 4 5

About Brigham Young University

Founded in 1875, Brigham Young University has grown from a small pioneer academy to one of the world's largest private universities, – Read more