Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Happy Place to Work
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at BYU. My work had a very clear purpose and helped others to learn and gain experience. Pay was ok but no other benefits as a Research/Teaching Assistant but it was better than most other "student jobs."
Pros
Work with professors and undergrads
Cons
No real benefits, you're still a student!
Intellectually Enlarging
Chemical Engineering Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 2, 2017
BYU is an amazing workplace. It is extremely intellectually enlarging as the supervisors help you stretch your knowledge.

It is very flexible with your schedule, but be expected to work hard.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low Pay
Good place for college students
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDAugust 2, 2017
• Helped college students master math concepts in beginning algebra, pre-calculus, trigonometry, and calculus in the BYU-I math lab
• Tutored one-on-one roughly fifteen students in the above mentioned subjects
Wonderful
Office Specialist in Off-Campus Scholarships (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 31, 2017
I loved working at Brigham Young University! I had incredible bosses, wonderful coworkers, great students, and it overall was a REALLY fun experience! I would tell anyone looking to look for a job at BYU
Great job for starting out.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 31, 2017
Excellent manager. Flexible hours.
I don't feel like writing anymore, yet I am required to write 150 characters as a minimum; hence the following incoherent characters: 1, 2, 3, 4.
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 24, 2017
This was my first job in college and I love every minute of it. The manager and staff were helpful and the workplace culture was just amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist students with their needs. Team was key.
Organized and great co-workers that helped get work done easily and quickly
Campus Life Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 22, 2017
I love working here. It is very relaxed and easy but only if you know what you are doing and get work done on time. If you slack off or don't do what is needed, the job is stressful and unsuccessful. The co-workers and management are fantastic! The hardest part of the job is working along side other BYU programs that are scheduled closely together, and yet, this is a very nit picky "hard" part of the job. I have learned how to lead and get the job done no matter the circumstances. I have learned communication and time management.
Pros
May do homework when free time is available.
Cons
low wage.
Fun Fridays
Technical Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 20, 2017
We worked together and enjoyed the environment and tasks we were put in each day.
everyone on my team loved working with students and had the willingness to help each other out. the most enjoyable part of work was food Fridays where we had potluck.
Student job with great flexibility
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 20, 2017
My job consists of research dealing with the history of the LDS Church in different region i.e. Alaska, Hawaii, Tonga etc.. I also review and proof the manuscripts of books for the professor I work for before they go to print. Apart from the research I am also his Teaching Assistant were I handle any where from 100 to 200 students with various items such as grading papers, working with Learning Suite, and handling any other technical issues.
A fun place to work and learn
kitchen staff, cashier, store attendant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 15, 2017
For a school cafeteria, I really enjoyed working there. The people were fun to work with, the managers were really nice and supportive, and there was always a chance to learn something new.
Pros
Occasional free food
easy job
CUSTODIAN/LEAD CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  May, IDJuly 12, 2017
I was in charge of training other custodians so that meant I needed to know all of the cleaning methods. I would arrive before the main crew and have a pow wow with my boss on specific areas that need attention and what I need to do about it. I was the last to leave and made sure that all areas were done properly and helped with laundry.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
Early morning shifts
I worked here as a student
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 6, 2017
I worked at BYU as a student. I don't feel like this job review is really something I need to do but for some reason I am required to do this. I have almost met the character requirement.
Comfortable friendly environment
CTL - Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 6, 2017
Lots of people want to work for BYU, so the compensation and room for advancement is a little less. But, lots of people want to work for BYU because it is a great place to work.
Excellent Place Full of Opportunities
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 5, 2017
As a research assistant, I performed tasks that became valuable as I moved on. The consistency I was able to culture here helped me become more valuable as an employee in my later jobs.
Quick paced and numerous tasks, free food
Assistant Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 26, 2017
The daily tasks have enough in common to quickly adapt with novel experiences. Communication is great so long as you're proactive. Some difficulties in communicating how to do a task if you don't understand the initial instructions, they are not reworded. The hours although flexible are rather early and can become demand with time.
Pros
Freefood
Cons
Communication falters at times
Education
Volunteer Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 21, 2017
This is where I gained my education and advanced my knowledge base. I enjoyed the diversity in educators and the availability of classes. I took additional classes in my field that were not required.
Relaxed Work Environment
Course Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 21, 2017
A truly enjoyable work environment. It's not where you work or the work itself that is particularly wonderful, but the people you work with are. They have become my best friends, and they foster an environment that promotes that.
Pros
Great environment, flexible schedules
Cons
The facilities I work in aren't the greatest, and the pay isn't the best either.
Hardscape Specialtist (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at BYU. I thought the politics within the office were a little stingy, but it was a good place to work. I would recommend this company to a friend.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Politics of the office
It was fun
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 17, 2017
I reallt enjoyed teaching dance to people of various ages and skill levels. Dancing is something that I enjoy and it was fun to be able to help people learn new skills and make new friends
Pros
Made new friends and had fun
Love what you do
Home evening coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJune 16, 2017
While i was in school this was considered my job of responsibility. we planned and made fun events for people to connect and grow together. Always something new.