Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Just worked during school breaks
EE Senior Cleanroom Technician (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 22, 2017
I got hired on because of my previous work experience in a clean room and it was a means of income during school breaks. I also was able to work a few hours here and there during class.
Fun place to work.
Concessions Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 22, 2017
Although wages aren't quite as competitive as other places, this job allows for a very fun and rewarding work environment. Every day is different making the job feel fresh every time you clock in.
Forced Review
Media Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  HBLLSeptember 22, 2017
Indeed insists on giving a mandatory review. I believe this is a bad idea on their part. That includes a 150 word minimum. Let's see if they even read this.
Grounds Crew
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 20, 2017
My boss was excellent. The work was balanced. The pay was ok. The culture is good. I liked mowing lawns. The biggest benefit was that I had an excellent boss.
Excellent flexibility and a very supportive environment
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDSeptember 12, 2017
The online instruction environment is very supportive. The curriculum is already created and set. This allows me to focus almost exclusively on the students and their needs. I love how the BYU schools focus on the students and educating them!
good
Research assistantship (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 11, 2017
It is a good school, especially for families with lots of kids. Safe place to live and study. Everything is cheap and affordable. Somtimes people are very slow.
Pros
smart people
Cons
slow process
Excellent place to work as a graduate student.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 8, 2017
Brigham Young University is a great place to work while a graduate student. I was employed in the mathematics department and helped TA in a bunch of classes as well as teach or grade others.
Pros
We had all school holidays off.
Good student job
Computer Science Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 8, 2017
For a student job, it's great. It pays well, you get to work on something that affects a lot of people, and you get to learn more skills in your field.
It's awesome
Student Consultant on Teaching (Current Employee) –  RexburgSeptember 7, 2017
It's an awesome school with wonderful teacher and classmates! I really love the people that I met here, everyone is very kind and approachable. There is a great atmosphere on the campus.
Loved working on campus
Neuroscience Secretary (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 1, 2017
I loved working on campus because it always fit with my school schedules. I had two great bosses and because of them doors have opened up. The pay was great and the coworkers incredible
Good job
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 1, 2017
Great Job! I would defiantly love to work there again. But as a student it's hard to get a good job that will advance your career, but I was very lucky to find one.
No career advancement opportunities
Director, International Career Services (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 1, 2017
Working with students, employers and other stakeholders that related to career.
Attend many meeting.
Leadership uncertainty.
Enjoy working with students and employers that recruit BYU students.
Good Student job
Academic Support-University Advisement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 29, 2017
Good place to work for if you are still a student. Usually managers are very understanding of a college student schedule and will allow your hours to be flexible.
Great Student Job
MECHANICAL SYSTEMS DRAFTER/DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 28, 2017
The Job was very well balanced and they worked excellently around my school schedule. The particular department I worked in was more project based than hours based so I could schedule my own hours and just make sure the job got done.
Great pay for a student
Computer Science Teaching Aide (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 24, 2017
It was nice to be able to assist others while getting job experience. Depending on your field of study, it's a great place to work while you are in school.
Everyone is respectful and always willing to help each other be the best they can be.
College Secretary (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 22, 2017
It's a wonderful place to work. The atmosphere is clean and a fun place to be. The mentoring is awesome and you always have opportunities to learn. The involvement with the students is the best part of the job as they are very smart and willing to share their knowledge.
Happy Place to Work
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at BYU. My work had a very clear purpose and helped others to learn and gain experience. Pay was ok but no other benefits as a Research/Teaching Assistant but it was better than most other "student jobs."
Pros
Work with professors and undergrads
Cons
No real benefits, you're still a student!
Intellectually Enlarging
Chemical Engineering Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 2, 2017
BYU is an amazing workplace. It is extremely intellectually enlarging as the supervisors help you stretch your knowledge.

It is very flexible with your schedule, but be expected to work hard.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low Pay
Good place for college students
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDAugust 2, 2017
• Helped college students master math concepts in beginning algebra, pre-calculus, trigonometry, and calculus in the BYU-I math lab
• Tutored one-on-one roughly fifteen students in the above mentioned subjects
Wonderful
Office Specialist in Off-Campus Scholarships (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 31, 2017
I loved working at Brigham Young University! I had incredible bosses, wonderful coworkers, great students, and it overall was a REALLY fun experience! I would tell anyone looking to look for a job at BYU