Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Pretty good
Full-time Visiting English Professor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDSeptember 1, 2015
The pay and benefits are great, and on a day-to-day basis, with everyday colleagues, the atmosphere is wonderful. The management is strange, though, with odd and unhelpful approaches to education and vague explanations of how to apply those approaches. The school is also incredibly callous when it comes to lay-offs, without so much as a good-bye or thank you. But while employed, it's pretty great.
Efficient yet relaxed atmosphere.
Student Manager - Early Morning Custodian (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDAugust 20, 2015
At this job I learned to be a leader among my peers. I learned how to be punctual and keep a good schedule. Some of the challenges of the job would be scheduling over the weekend and keeping people motivated, but was achieved using an organized work schedule and having a good attitude.
Pros
This job was great because it did not interfere with school work.
Great learning environment with small class sizes and professors that care.
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 29, 2015
Had a great experience, professors are able to take more time to speak with individual students than is possible in many other educational environments.
Professor's aide for lab work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 20, 2015
Assisted in teaching and implementing databases, helped install databases on many different systems, helped explain difficult database concepts to those struggling, and worked with professor on testing lab work and understanding of labs.
Great place to work.
Linux Administrator / Developer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed my job here and my co-workers. I believe that I already filled this out on a different review, so I have nothing to add.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low wage
Engaging class with a very involved professor
Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 7, 2015
I thought this semester-long project was good because it taught me all the major aspects of conducting in-depth research for a big company. After taking this class, I feel much more confident in my abilities to obtain accurate results through research methods.
Good place to earn money as a college student
Math Tutor/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 23, 2015
BYU-Idaho has been a good place to work as a college student. The hours are very reasonable and flexible to work around your life style. The people are good to work with here. Management needs some work though. They have a hard time making changes to problems and resolving issues. It is a place to have a job, but not a career.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor Management
Great environment and compensation
Researcher in Mozambique, Africa (Former Employee) –  Provo and MozambiqueJune 21, 2015
IT is a great place to work, very clean environment, great compensation, good co-workers who are willing to help and train you. All the jobs on campus give you opportunities to work around your class schedule.
Bright People
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 3, 2015
Fantastic minds who work together. Everyone wants to be successful. They will push you while also understanding your limitations.
Great way to pay for school
Personal Tutor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 3, 2015
Depending on how well you are at selling yourself, expect about 1-3 lessons a week. Customers are at all levels of learning so expect to adapt
Pros
Own schedule
Cons
Hard to find customers
Great Starting Job
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 2, 2015
This job is great for those who do not have any work experience. They pay decent and work with your school schedule. I would recommend this to anyone who is doing this as their first job
Accounting Knowlege
Internal auditor (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 28, 2015
It was a great experience!! I have the best learning related to accounting and self discipline. I will recommended to anyone who looking for a better education with the right people.
Pros
Devotion
Cons
location
A formative experience.
Microbiology Lab Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 28, 2015
Researching as an undergrad at BYU has been an amazing experience, definitely one of my favorite parts of my undergraduate education. I gained skills and a love for doing science that helped me appreciate my classes that much better.
Pros
experience, skills, research
Found a niche sharing my experience
Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 21, 2015
Taught classes is the dance department. This was a great way to share my love of dance with others. Also prepared my students for a formal competition each semester.
Great Place to learn and to teach
Computer Science Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 19, 2015
I tutor math and programming classes here, great place to live and a very friendly culture. Professors here are really helpful, they get to know their students and offer helps and advice academically. As a computer science TA, I usually stay in lab to answer questions, and sometime teach classes if necessary. As a math tutor, I work in the math learning center to help students with their homework or explain any unclear concepts in math classes.
great workplace with awesome coworkers
Storeroom worker (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 6, 2015
a typical day at the job was to receive shipments and put it away in the back, also we were required to clean the kitchen and refill the bottled drinks at the school owned store. at the end of the shift we sometimes used the forklift to take the trash bins to the corner.

i learned many things including how to fulfill all my jobs in an orderly fashion and to assist the cooks in their work as well.

Management was great and they treated us as equals rather than employees.

Coworkers were fellow college students and they were great. we worked as a team.

the hardest part of the job was building different equipment for the cafeteria, but even that wasn't that hard.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the work parties.
Pros
free meals at the cafeteria
Cons
less hours per week
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 4, 2015
Part time jobs are easy to find
They work well with your schedule
They give you any support that you need
Non discriminatory
fun job, lots of students lots of plants
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 28, 2015
I had three responsibilities: Grade papers, set up lab, work in hydroponic green house. I loved my boss who was also a teacher for some of my classes. The pay wasn't great but the experience was.
be friends with supervisor
Book Store - Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 22, 2015
Be friends with supervisor, and you will be fine. I see my supervisor almost every time I work. Chatting with her, and willing to do the task she is asked to create a harmonious work environment.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
minimum wage
Human Resources
Student clerk (Current Employee) –  LaieMarch 15, 2015
It is a great place to work. I lean and grow a lot from helping other people. The most enjoyable part is to help out with special events.
Pros
free food from time to time
Cons
short break

4.6