Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University Employer Reviews

Amazing undergraduate opportunity
Biology Student Researcher (Former Employee), Laie, HIMay 20, 2014
This job was a truly excellent and life changing research position.
Engaging and skills builder
PROJECT ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Provo, UTMay 19, 2014
Modeled school planetarium in EASE program to take acoustical measurements.
Productive, restocking, keeping track of inventory
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDMay 18, 2014
Pros: working on campus
Cons: slow time
I was in charge of the inventory in my section. I was over the office supplies in the store. I didn't make commission off of sales but I did have to know my products to help others make decisions.

I loved the management. They were understanding when I had tests to take as well.

The hardest part was the slow pace. Days went by extremely slowly.

The – more... most enjoyable thing was that I met so many people that were attending my campus. – less
Unity and fun with diverse people
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Laie, HIMay 15, 2014
Cons: short break, health care, discount of tuition
-The work in this company is great, everyone are nice and helpful
-I learned how to work in a group and accomplish the task that were assigned to the group, I learned how to work with others to solve complex task.
I learned how to configure, manage and support the school linux server and window server 2008 and 2012.
-The management is great.
-The hardest – more... part of the job is to find time with team members to meet because most of the co-workers i worked with were students and they all have different schedules, but thanks to google doc for helping us to coordinate with all the team members.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is help others with technology, also working with student to solve technical problem such as networking problem, telephone problems and so on – less
Nice place to work
Statistical Consultant (Current Employee), Provo, UTApril 28, 2014
BYU is a good place to work with a clean environment.
Management is fairly open and flexible.
Job offered a variety of opportunities for learning and growth.
Interesting, fun, and educational workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Provo, UtahApril 26, 2014
I love helping to research, edit, and write about all sorts of religious topics. At the same time I get to improve my writing, and work closely with professors. It is pretty relaxed at minimal hours per week. For now, it fits into my school schedule but I am never bored as I am always busy with multiple tasks.
Productive and Peaceful place to attend and work
Network Technician (Former Employee), Hawaii, Laie, U.S.AApril 15, 2014
I did enjoyed attending and working at Brigham Young University.
At this university you come across students from different part of the world. It was like a melting pot.
Great place to learn and grow while providing a great service!
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDApril 11, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no benefits as students.
A typical day at work was answering phones, assisting patients as needed, and following a basic task list of daily and weekly duties. Adjustments and changes were made as other departments requested assistance in training and additional projects.

I learned a bit more about the new HIPPA guidelines and some new ways to use data spreadsheets and operating – more... systems.

Management was a bit different than I had been previously exposed to. The area director was the head of the health center with a manager over billing and reception which were both college students, often in an internship situation, with an administrative mentor and department mentor. I worked very closely with my department mentor and had a rotating/changing schedule which enabled me to be available to provide coverage for our department and balance my class schedule.

Co-workers were a wide variety of personalities and ages, although each of us were students, minus administration and faculty. They were great to work with and it was a great opportunity to share my experience being that most had not experience in such positions.

The hardest part of the job was the scheduling and break downs in communication between leadership. The management set up made it semi-difficult to maintain balance between departments when projects needed to be completed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with and the opportunity to self-manage. I was trusted to do my job and stay on top efficiency and accuracy. – less
Early Morning Cutodian
Maintenance (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDApril 11, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: early morning
Work was generally 4-7am and we were assigned an area to clean. Facilities manager at the time wasn't always very nice, but it was a decent job. Co workers were nice in helping to explain how things were done.
Taught a great arbinger choice seminar
Fiji Club Vice President (Former Employee), Laie, HIApril 8, 2014
Pros: free canoe tour
Cons: short breaks
As most of the people that Polynesian Cultural Center is Hawaii's number #1 paid tourist destination . We work with people from all the around the world and most of the time we have different activities happening at Polynesian Cultural Center. This is where our guest service skills are always tested as my job being a supervisor i always make sure that – more... we inspire our guest. One of the activity of PCC is Haunted Lagoon and this is one of the occasion which people don't miss and we receive 5000 guest per day. During this time i learned that a great leader is who leads his people by example and we did our best to inspire our performances through radiating our spirit everyday and in every way. – less
Good place while at school
HHPS Facilities Administrator (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 7, 2014
Pros: very flexible.
Cons: not a a lot of real world experience and application. at least specialization wise.
This a good place to work while at school. You can do your homework typically and you can learn to work as a team.
Fun place to work, but I worked unusual hours
Gym Supervisor (Former Employee), Laie, HIMarch 26, 2014
It was a really fun place to work but I was given unusual hours. I would come in the morning for 3 hours. Then have 1 hour off, then come in for 3 hours on.
Uplifting workplace with educated staff of various background
GENERAL EDUCATION PERSONNEL (Current Employee), Provo, UTMarch 11, 2014
Pros: works around my class schedule.
Cons: i got paid more out east.
In our office we have people from English Education, Drama, Art, Asian Studies, Exercise Science, and computer science. We are from different areas but each of us have a part to do and a drive to help push the importance of General Education across campus. This is a religious school and it is nice to have the Honor Code in place so I can be comfortable – more... in this environment with my standards. The hardest part of the job is when collecting information from faculty or students and getting the pushback of apathy or dislike. Some people have yet to be convinced of the purpose GE. The most enjoyable is the opportunity I have for new challenges and experiences. I've gotten to take on responsibilities that I never knew I could, and I have learned to adapt. It is also very gratifying to do things that change a students and even the faculty's experience here at this University. – less
Excellent School for Accounting
Consulting Project (Former Employee), Provo, UTMarch 11, 2014
Just an amazing school to build up your knowledge and your good attribute and personality.
Professional and Fun
IT Training Instructor (Current Employee), Provo, UTMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible with my school schedule
Cons: have to teach myself the computer programs
A typical day at work involves me:
learning a new computer program (microsoft or adobe product)
going over lesson plans
teaching a class
participating in meetings
answering telephone calls
answering customer's IT questions
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 18, 2014
I worked there as graduate research assistant. For a graduate student, it was a good paying job that helped me to learn and gain more experience in Civil Engineering . My advisor and boss was very competent and good to work with.
Great Employer
Chemical Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: the days were sometimes long
I inventoried chemicals on campus in order to meet Federal guidelines. I learned a great deal about chemicals and proper storage procedures.
Research Asistant
Geospatial Research Asistant (Current Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: tuition and travel
Cons: stingy pay
Good place to work if you enjoy Mormon culture. As a research assistant the school places a cap on the amount of money you can make in a month. No benefits are offered with a research assistant job.
Nice environment and productive place to work
Graphic Designer/Information Consultant (Former Employee), Laie, HIJanuary 27, 2014
I designed a lot of poster and the web images for school. I like being around with my co worker because we can learn from others. I also learn how important the communication is in order to work more effectively. I love how my supervisor give me space and freedom to design something form my creativity.
This is a fabulous place to work.
University Instructor and Supervisor (Current Employee), Provo, UtahJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: the people are wonderful.
Cons: parking
Typically, I arrive about two hours before my first class and I prepare for the day. I teach up to three classes per day. After classes are over, I prepare for the upcoming classes. My coworkers are very supportive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with idealistic, positive students.

About Brigham Young University

Founded in 1875, Brigham Young University has grown from a small pioneer academy to one of the world's largest private universities, – Read more