Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Challenging yet extremely productive
Student (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IdahoMay 25, 2016
Like most universities the schedule is up to you. It is highly competitive yet the admission rate is still fairly high. Extremely low cost school to attend but with very high standards.
Pros
Low Cost
Cons
Strict Rules
Great school and great work environment
Education Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 3, 2016
I worked in the Museum of Art. I enjoyed my colleagues and also had a nice time in the artistic environment. I wish I could go back and work there again.
Great work ethics and employee rewards
English Language Instructor Latin America (Former Employee) –  IdahoApril 25, 2016
Excellent University to Work for! I learned as I worked. Very inspiring atmosphere.
As a teacher in class and online I was given the tools to lead students to success!!
Very Flexible
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 11, 2016
Perfect place to work with your schedule. Employers are understanding and fair. I have become more responsible as an individual as these employers have mentored me through each job. They are personally invested in the long term success of their employees.
Fast-paced environment
Walk-in coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 11, 2016
Fast-paced environment. You are never in one location for long. Management works well with your schedule to allow time for school if still a student.
Quality co-workers and friendly manager
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 8, 2016
Everyone knew what they were supposed to do and how they were supposed to do it for the BYU janitor team. We got the jobs done and worked like a well-oiled machine.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Bad hours
A decent place for a student to get a job
Physics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 29, 2016
I love teaching, so I thought it was the best job in the world to be a tutorial TA. I would have worked for free if it wasn't for my own homework.
Pros
Close to school, best job ever
Cons
Small pay
Productive work environment and amazing coworkers
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 15, 2016
I have loved working with these kind, respectful, smart coworkers as I complete my cleaning tasks each day. I have learned how to use several different cleaning tools and how to be quick and effective in my cleaning techniques. My boss is so kind as well which is a great aspect of working at this job. The hardest part of the job is getting up at 4 AM and being to work on time while also being awake enough to function. The most enjoyable part is associating with my coworkers and having the satisfaction of turning a messy room into a spotless room.
Pros
Nice staff, clean environment, good pay, clear responsibilities, set hours
Cons
very early mornings
Productive, fun place to work.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Student CenterMarch 13, 2016
Awesome job! I recommend it to anyone. A typical day as a Y-Serve Graphic Designer includes clocking in, correlating meetings with program directors, independently designing and occasionally helping with the front desk.
Pros
Great coworkers, large office space, friendly people
Cons
often required to do many tasks at the same time
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 6, 2016
BYU-Idaho is a great place to work at because they are flexible with your school schedule. The position as a Teachers Assistant can be challenging. My recommendation is managing and prioritizing your time efficiently
Pros
Flexible

Want to know more about Brigham Young University?

Ask a question
Lead Sign Shop Tech. (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 2, 2016
Making signs and installing vinyl in fun and precise. Supervisors and managers are great to work with and very understanding.
Great place to work for
Online Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 24, 2016
I graduated from here, so it was a pleasure to work for them. The values and work ethics matched-up with mine. I would work for them again if I had the opportunity.
Pros
Same values
Cons
part-time
Good people to work with, but pay is kinda low
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 20, 2016
Honestly it is a super fun job if you like teaching people, but I just wish you got more pay per hour. You usually can get 20 hours a week, and that's I'll I had time for. As far as Rexburg goes it is as good a job you are going to get.
Pros
Great environment, low stress, autonomy
Cons
Pay isn't that great
University Job
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 15, 2016
Requires working with professor and students. Opportunity to improve teaching skills and help others. Rewarding job for students.
Good University
Mandarin Tutor and Data Forecasting Class TA (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 3, 2016
Brigham Young University is a good university! I learned a lot during these two years! And people here are very friendly!
Great work environment with supportive and innovative management
IT Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 21, 2016
The Office of IT at BYU is a great place to work. There is a strong overall desire to provide and support the campus technology needs. There is a genuine interest in helping fulfill the mission of the University. The co-workers are generally competent and great to work with.
Pros
Supportive Management, Great co-workers, Positive environment
Cons
Pay is typically below average
Good School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 17, 2016
I am doing my PhD in field of Catalysis and Chemical Reaction engineering in Brigham Young University. My advisers are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Productive but hard work
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 16, 2016
I worked with great people. It was kind of dirty since I was washing dishes all the time, but I felt productive. I was able to pick up extra hours when I could. You must be a student to work here.
Basic job, decent summer-time job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 13, 2016
I would go and clock in at 8, go see my manager and she would tell me and my co-workers what the jobs were that day. Then we would spend our shift fulfilling those jobs. If we finished those jobs before our shift ended we would either go back to the manager and ask her what else she wanted us to do, or we would ask our group leader and he would give us an assignement. At 12 we would clock out.

I learned that it is important to follow instructions and do your best to fulfill the instructions that you receive. Attention to detail is important in order to do a good job.

The management was decent. The manager would give advice on how you could do better and what she wanted you to do. Although there seemed to be some miscommunication between the management and the employees from time to time.

My co-workers were good. They were helpful when you were confused about what was expected of you.

The hardest part of the job was finding things to do once you finished the specific things that your manager asked you to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was pretty easy-going.
Pros
Easy-going
Cons
Didn't learn any specific skills
Great opportunity for graduate students
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 11, 2016
I loved the open door approach my supervisor had. Whenever I had any issues, my supervisor, who was my adviser was willing to make time to help me resolve concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham Young University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3