Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University Employer Reviews

Research Asistant
Geospatial Research Asistant (Current Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: tuition and travel
Cons: stingy pay
Good place to work if you enjoy Mormon culture. As a research assistant the school places a cap on the amount of money you can make in a month. No benefits are offered with a research assistant job.
Nice environment and productive place to work
Graphic Designer/Information Consultant (Former Employee), Laie, HIJanuary 27, 2014
I designed a lot of poster and the web images for school. I like being around with my co worker because we can learn from others. I also learn how important the communication is in order to work more effectively. I love how my supervisor give me space and freedom to design something form my creativity.
This is a fabulous place to work.
University Instructor and Supervisor (Current Employee), Provo, UtahJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: the people are wonderful.
Cons: parking
Typically, I arrive about two hours before my first class and I prepare for the day. I teach up to three classes per day. After classes are over, I prepare for the upcoming classes. My coworkers are very supportive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with idealistic, positive students.
United, Fun, Caring about other workiers
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Laie, HawaiiJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: they will help you with your work and wont let you down.
Cons: some times management is a little down.
Working at BYUH taught me how to work with other workers effectively, taught me the essence of unity.
Good job while going to school
Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: mundane
This was a good job that wasn't to demanding while going to school full time.
A Great School!
Props Assistant (Current Employee), Rexburg, IDJanuary 10, 2014
I am a music major and the program requires a lot out of you. Even though it is hard, the teacher are great in helping you learn the material as best as you can. It feels nice that you aren't belittle in class or when you are one on one with them.
Early work, but doesn't get in the way of student life
Janitor (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 9, 2014
Typical day is emptying trash and then other various cleaning tasks. Generally self directed work.

Learned self discipline to get up so early, learned tricks to cleaning and maintenance.

Management worked with students to give off time for studying.

Co-workers were friendly, but often unreliable.

Hardest part of the job was the early morning hours.

Most – more... enjoyable part of the job was working with other students, and the ability to see and difference from your work. – less
GOOD
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 31, 2013
Go to school there. Normal social life with working atmosphere involved.
Exciting student job
Political Science Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 24, 2013
I was able to work with other students, assisted a professor with grading student assignments, and assisted in reviewing course information with students.
Good
Senior Project Electrical Engineering Student (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 5, 2013
Great school! Great students! It's was a wonderful place to be.
An University with a very good graduate school for research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 4, 2013
It is very productive to work with intelligent co-workers.
Good work/study job
Teacher Assistant, World Religions (Former Employee), Provo, UTNovember 21, 2013
There are plenty of student jobs. It was a good opportunity to work while also learning more about a subject that was interesting to me.
Great people
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Provo, UTNovember 14, 2013
Pros: set hours, very stable, great management
Cons: low wages, very little chance for advancement
I have never had a bad manager at BYU. This was a work study position and I have already learned so much from my coworkers and manager.
Since this is work study they don't really expect you to stay around very long. Our custodial unit has a high turn over, but it's usually because they found something better suited to them.
The management never treats – more... you as disposable. You feel like you actually matter. – less
Worked with student employees to clean the dorms.
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Provo, UTNovember 14, 2013
I really enjoyed working with students from all over the world. I was granted a Leave of Absence to go and serve a mission with my husband. When I returned, the church, including BYU, had a hiring freeze in place, so I was unable to return to work there.
A fun environment with good friends
Moving Crew (Former Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 30, 2013
Great environment to be around. Being the youngest worker, it was good to have a bunch of older brothers of the same ethnicity to spend time with. The job was flexible and on call and worked great around my class schedule.
University living and activities
Male Residence Hall Coordinator (Former Employee), Laie, HISeptember 26, 2013
As a Male Residence Hall Coordinator I was responsible for 400 male students representing 70 different countries. This was a challenge to deal with all the different cultures and personality difference in a living space. I directed 8 Resident Advisors in planning activities, creating programs to achieve academic goals and conflict resolution.
Fun Work Environment
Audio & Visual Events Technical Staff (Former Employee), Brigham Young UniversitySeptember 11, 2013
This was a fun student job to have while I studied. It was a little more demanding than other student jobs but it also paid a lot higher than other jobs. Management was going through some growing pains, but got better with time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to support the athletic teams.
Helpful mentors
Research Group Leader (Former Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 8, 2013
Many opportunities for work while you study (TA/RA jobs). Supervisors are helpful, clear, and invested in your projects. They provide great on the job training.
Great student job
Teaching/Research Assistant for Geography Dept. (Former Employee), Provo, UTAugust 31, 2013
Loved working with the professors as well as other students. I learned a lot about working with GIS and preforming research in the field. Completed lab research with tree rings and dendrochronology. Loved the challenge of the research and being able to learn something new everyday.
Productive and fun at work place with awesome co-worker and guests
Language Tutor (Current Employee), Laie, HIAugust 16, 2013
Pros: develop networking with other cultures
Cons: language boundaries
Students rushed in to get materials for learning a specific language everyday. I always learn how to say few phrases in many different languages. I love to learn about different cultures and languages.It really helps me communicate better and relate how I feel easily to people of different backgrounds, growing experiences, cultures, and attitudes. The – more... management is amazing. We gained her trust and we are pretty much self-supervised. Her trust help us do our very best as we serve our guest. We loved it! My co-workers are amazing as well. We are very flexible and are willing to help each other. When we need to switched day off, we simply follow the procedure with exactness. We make notice on the schedule after the agreement, then email our boss for written proof and we closed the deal. The only potential challenge is when student who speak a foreign language and not English comes in and trying to hassle me. I can only speak Samoan and English. I wanted to help that person so bad but I cannot understand. So to fix that I am trying to learn Korean or Chinese. The most enjoyable of part of the job is that it gives me the opportunity to learn upfront skills to help be establish professionalism to cope with the real world. Overall, I am grateful I have job to put a roof over my family, put the food on the table, pay the bills, and serve others. – less

About Brigham Young University

Founded in 1875, Brigham Young University has grown from a small pioneer academy to one of the world's largest private universities, – Read more