Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University Employer Reviews

Work/Life Balance is awesome with high values and cultural awareness
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Laie, HIJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: health and wellness; values
Cons: pay
Ability to manage work life and personal life balance was easy when working for this company
Most rewarding job working with artwork worth millions
Assistant Manager of Fabrication (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: working with all kinds of artwork.
Cons: 3/4 part time.
go around the muesum and change all the burned out lights.check on all the exhibits to see if anything needs to be fixed or adjusted. check on all the students to see how their jobs are coming. proceed with my assignments, Frames, cases, display's.

how to take students not in the field of woodworking and produce a gallery to exhibit artwork.

I have – more... a supervisor who recieves plans from Curator and design team then tells me what needs to be done.

4-5 student employees mostly, but have to deal with design team, registration (art handlers), Curators.

waiting for Curators to give us the plans.

seeing the end result on the exhibits. – less
Workplace is very diverse and fun.
Network CSR Technician (Former Employee), Laie, HIJanuary 4, 2013
I worked with people from all over the world. Learned so much about different cultures.
School Job
Director of Internships (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDJanuary 2, 2013
Great opportunity during school.

Some teachers need help and should not be there. Others are extremely awesome.

Overall great institution.
Brigham Young University - Hawaii is world's largest diverse educational institute.
Accountant and Database Administrator (Current Employee), Laie, HINovember 10, 2012
Pros: great learning experience...
Cons: none.
Student life is busy, some socializing and healthy fun is necessary to keep the life moving on...
Great on campus jobs
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Provo, UTNovember 2, 2012
Various on campus jobs available for students. Helps greatly in work study balance.
Great place to work and study
Dishwasher - The Crossroads (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDOctober 17, 2012
I learned the importance of following guidelines. Great place to work.
Great work environment with very flexible hours
Teachers Assistant/Research Assistant (Current Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: work environment
I'm the Teacher's Assistant for a Plastics Manufacturing class, and an Advanced Composites Manufacturing class
Great enviromenet
System Consultant (Current Employee), Laie, HISeptember 3, 2012
Learned most of I know here. The part time offered here help me develop many skills.
Good coworkers, great environment
Course Improvement Specialist (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDAugust 2, 2012
Pros: fun environment, good coworkers, easy pace job, with flexible deadlines
Cons: short breaks, low pay.
It was a great environment, really fun coworkers, I worked improving the online courses for BYU - Idaho, I learned different skills, such determine different problems and find their solutions. Worked closely with instructors to ad/remove information and fix problems(typos, deadlines, etc) with the courses. The hardest it was the fast pace that at times – more... I had several course to work on, or fixes and improvements. The most enjoyable was the flexible deadlines, and the great coworkers. Fun and easy going supervisor. – less
productive and fun workplace
Camera Operator/Video Editor (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDJuly 1, 2012
Pros: lunch breaks and company events
Cons: weekend hours
Loved the environment and work assignments. The boss and co-workers were friendly and stuff got done.
Great place to work.
Lead Custodian (Current Employee), Provo, UTJune 13, 2012
Pros: hours flexible
Cons: late shift
Work takes place in good environment. Co-workers are students just like me, and supervisors are friendly and easy to work for.
Productive and open to opinion.
Camera Operator/Video Editor (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDJune 6, 2012
Pros: work celebrations
Cons: no transportation
A typical day at work, I was in an office with hi-def screens and sound to edit video. Some days were spent filming different things on campus. My co-workers and I all loved working together and everything was fun. The hardest part of the job was sometimes working odd hours for an event, but the best part was doing what I loved.
BYU is a wonderful place to work!
Capital Needs Analysis Database Manager (Current Employee), Provo, UTMay 24, 2012
Pros: half-tuition benefit for children, great pension plan.
BYU is a great place to work, and it gives one the feeling that he or she is really contributing to something worthwhile.
A flexible and supportive workplace
Consultant (Former Employee), Provo, UTMay 1, 2012
I worked as a teaching assistant while in a grad program. The work life balance was a little stifling, but more because of education than work. My work load was reasonable and the flexibility about when it was completed was very accommodating to my academic schedule.
A good stable environment
Project Manager / Business Analyst (Current Employee), Rexburg, IDApril 23, 2012
Pros: pension, vacation
Cons: low training budget, home-grown expertise, cultural politics.
Many come to Rexburg to settle in and stay a while. BYU-Idaho is probably the pinnacle of employment within city limits. Those who work here "have arrived" and upward mobility in a career becomes dependent on either growing upward within the University, or moving on to another employer elsewhere.
Food Science Dept is an awesome place to work!
Sensory Lab Technician (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 3, 2012
The food science dept is staffed with knowledgeable friendly professors who always take the time to teach you along the way. They are patient, courteous, and kind. Hours are usually very flexible.
Wonderful working while going to school
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Provo, UTMarch 29, 2012
Pros: great schedule, on campus
Cons: low pay, no benefits
I enjoyed working here, but it was a pay cut from my last job. There was always someone, usually the professors, who were willing to help me out with problems, but I was still expected to complete work on my own.
Great Environment
Athletic Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: honest people, great learning experience
Cons: non paid internship
Working with the Athletic Marketing Department was amazing. Besides standing on the sidlines watching BYU beat Utah, you receive free admittance to all sporting events. It was a great way to learn the marketing business with in a sports environment. The work felt like play!
Great for Students
Various (Current Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 18, 2012
It was wonderful working for BYU (in various positions) while being a student. All my supervisors understood the stress of education and were willing to help work around class schedules, testing, etc. THey also limit your work hours to 20 per week so you cannot overwork yourself and forget to do homework.

About Brigham Young University

Founded in 1875, Brigham Young University has grown from a small pioneer academy to one of the world's largest private universities, – Read more