Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

Uplifting workplace with educated staff of various background
GENERAL EDUCATION PERSONNEL (Current Employee), Provo, UTMarch 11, 2014
Pros: works around my class schedule.
Cons: i got paid more out east.
In our office we have people from English Education, Drama, Art, Asian Studies, Exercise Science, and computer science. We are from different areas but each of us have a part to do and a drive to help push the importance of General Education across campus. This is a religious school and it is nice to have the Honor Code in place so I can be comfortable in this environment with my standards. The hardest – more... part of the job is when collecting information from faculty or students and getting the pushback of apathy or dislike. Some people have yet to be convinced of the purpose GE. The most enjoyable is the opportunity I have for new challenges and experiences. I've gotten to take on responsibilities that I never knew I could, and I have learned to adapt. It is also very gratifying to do things that change a students and even the faculty's experience here at this University. – less
Excellent School for Accounting
Consulting Project (Former Employee), Provo, UTMarch 11, 2014
Just an amazing school to build up your knowledge and your good attribute and personality.
Professional and Fun
IT Training Instructor (Current Employee), Provo, UTMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible with my school schedule
Cons: have to teach myself the computer programs
A typical day at work involves me:
learning a new computer program (microsoft or adobe product)
going over lesson plans
teaching a class
participating in meetings
answering telephone calls
answering customer's IT questions
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 18, 2014
I worked there as graduate research assistant. For a graduate student, it was a good paying job that helped me to learn and gain more experience in Civil Engineering . My advisor and boss was very competent and good to work with.
Great Employer
Chemical Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: the days were sometimes long
I inventoried chemicals on campus in order to meet Federal guidelines. I learned a great deal about chemicals and proper storage procedures.
Research Asistant
Geospatial Research Asistant (Current Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: tuition and travel
Cons: stingy pay
Good place to work if you enjoy Mormon culture. As a research assistant the school places a cap on the amount of money you can make in a month. No benefits are offered with a research assistant job.
Nice environment and productive place to work
Graphic Designer/Information Consultant (Former Employee), Laie, HIJanuary 27, 2014
I designed a lot of poster and the web images for school. I like being around with my co worker because we can learn from others. I also learn how important the communication is in order to work more effectively. I love how my supervisor give me space and freedom to design something form my creativity.
This is a fabulous place to work.
University Instructor and Supervisor (Current Employee), Provo, UtahJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: the people are wonderful.
Cons: parking
Typically, I arrive about two hours before my first class and I prepare for the day. I teach up to three classes per day. After classes are over, I prepare for the upcoming classes. My coworkers are very supportive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with idealistic, positive students.
United, Fun, Caring about other workiers
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Laie, HawaiiJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: they will help you with your work and wont let you down.
Cons: some times management is a little down.
Working at BYUH taught me how to work with other workers effectively, taught me the essence of unity.
Good job while going to school
Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: mundane
This was a good job that wasn't to demanding while going to school full time.
A Great School!
Props Assistant (Current Employee), Rexburg, IDJanuary 10, 2014
I am a music major and the program requires a lot out of you. Even though it is hard, the teacher are great in helping you learn the material as best as you can. It feels nice that you aren't belittle in class or when you are one on one with them.
Early work, but doesn't get in the way of student life
Janitor (Former Employee), Provo, UTJanuary 9, 2014
Typical day is emptying trash and then other various cleaning tasks. Generally self directed work.

Learned self discipline to get up so early, learned tricks to cleaning and maintenance.

Management worked with students to give off time for studying.

Co-workers were friendly, but often unreliable.

Hardest part of the job was the early morning hours.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with other students, and the ability to see and difference from your work.
GOOD
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 31, 2013
Go to school there. Normal social life with working atmosphere involved.
Exciting student job
Political Science Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 24, 2013
I was able to work with other students, assisted a professor with grading student assignments, and assisted in reviewing course information with students.
Good
Senior Project Electrical Engineering Student (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 5, 2013
Great school! Great students! It's was a wonderful place to be.
An University with a very good graduate school for research.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Provo, UTDecember 4, 2013
It is very productive to work with intelligent co-workers.
Good work/study job
Teacher Assistant, World Religions (Former Employee), Provo, UTNovember 21, 2013
There are plenty of student jobs. It was a good opportunity to work while also learning more about a subject that was interesting to me.
Great people
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Provo, UTNovember 14, 2013
Pros: set hours, very stable, great management
Cons: low wages, very little chance for advancement
I have never had a bad manager at BYU. This was a work study position and I have already learned so much from my coworkers and manager.
Since this is work study they don't really expect you to stay around very long. Our custodial unit has a high turn over, but it's usually because they found something better suited to them.
The management never treats you as disposable. You feel like you actually matter.
Worked with student employees to clean the dorms.
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Provo, UTNovember 14, 2013
I really enjoyed working with students from all over the world. I was granted a Leave of Absence to go and serve a mission with my husband. When I returned, the church, including BYU, had a hiring freeze in place, so I was unable to return to work there.
A fun environment with good friends
Moving Crew (Former Employee), Provo, UTSeptember 30, 2013
Great environment to be around. Being the youngest worker, it was good to have a bunch of older brothers of the same ethnicity to spend time with. The job was flexible and on call and worked great around my class schedule.

About Brigham Young University

Founded in 1875, Brigham Young University has grown from a small pioneer academy to one of the world's largest private universities, – Read more

Brigham Young University Salaries