Brigham Young University

Brigham Young University Employee Reviews

A formative experience.
Microbiology Lab Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 28, 2015
Researching as an undergrad at BYU has been an amazing experience, definitely one of my favorite parts of my undergraduate education. I gained skills and a love for doing science that helped me appreciate my classes that much better.
Pros
experience, skills, research
Great place to work with great mentors
SAP Student Lead, Tutor, Grader (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIDecember 14, 2015
The best part is to be able to work closely with the supervisor. It also provides an opportunity to learn while working. The work-life balance is great here. The community is also very family oriented. The standard is very high, but it is very great to work here.
working at the Brigham Young University Hawaii is a great experience for me.
Bloomberg Lab Manager and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laie, HINovember 30, 2015
Great place on the earth and it is a paradise that I have gained very good work skills at the costumer intensive service. The Brigham Young University is a great place to grow up your future careers.
Worked with student employees to clean the dorms.
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTNovember 14, 2013
I really enjoyed working with students from all over the world. I was granted a Leave of Absence to go and serve a mission with my husband. When I returned, the church, including BYU, had a hiring freeze in place, so I was unable to return to work there.
A flexible and supportive workplace
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 1, 2012
I worked as a teaching assistant while in a grad program. The work life balance was a little stifling, but more because of education than work. My work load was reasonable and the flexibility about when it was completed was very accommodating to my academic schedule.
Great environment and I work with autonomy
College Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 27, 2013
I work as an adjunct math professor and I love the quality of the students who attend BYU. I enjoy working with the students and the autonomy I am afforded to get the job done. However, you don't always feel appreciated as an adjunct faculty member.
Great place to learn and advance
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 6, 2014
Since I am doing a Master's degree with an emphasis in Bioinformatics, I get to interact with student bioinformaticians and with students that work in a laboratory setting. They are all willing to teach you valuable skills and have a great sense of teamwork.
Wonderful working while going to school
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 29, 2012
I enjoyed working here, but it was a pay cut from my last job. There was always someone, usually the professors, who were willing to help me out with problems, but I was still expected to complete work on my own.
Pros
great schedule, on campus
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Instructing online is enjoyable and rewarding
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is instructing students, and having a very supportive university for students of all backgrounds.
Pros
highly motivated instructors, 90% of the students are eager to learn
Cons
pay is good/not the highest
Good Management, avaerage pay, good benefits
Student Crew Leader HVAC filter crew, Janitor, Int (Former Employee) –  Provo, UtahMarch 11, 2011
Brigham Young is a good company that offers many different opportunities to it's students to gain experience and get a feel for what they want to do.
Pros
good management and direction
Cons
average wages at best
Professor's aide for lab work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 20, 2015
Assisted in teaching and implementing databases, helped install databases on many different systems, helped explain difficult database concepts to those struggling, and worked with professor on testing lab work and understanding of labs.
Great environment and compensation
Researcher in Mozambique, Africa (Former Employee) –  Provo and MozambiqueJune 21, 2015
IT is a great place to work, very clean environment, great compensation, good co-workers who are willing to help and train you. All the jobs on campus give you opportunities to work around your class schedule.
be friends with supervisor
Book Store - Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 22, 2015
Be friends with supervisor, and you will be fine. I see my supervisor almost every time I work. Chatting with her, and willing to do the task she is asked to create a harmonious work environment.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
minimum wage
Research Asistant
Geospatial Research Asistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 10, 2014
Good place to work if you enjoy Mormon culture. As a research assistant the school places a cap on the amount of money you can make in a month. No benefits are offered with a research assistant job.
Pros
tuition and travel
Cons
stingy pay
Great place to work!
Instructor - Essentials of Calculus (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 22, 2015
I worked as an instructor and assistant instructor, and I loved it. The coworkers, management, and administration are all very helpful and friendly. Fun to work with students, who are bright and mostly eager to learn.
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 18, 2014
I worked there as graduate research assistant. For a graduate student, it was a good paying job that helped me to learn and gain more experience in Civil Engineering . My advisor and boss was very competent and good to work with.
Great learning environment with small class sizes and professors that care.
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 29, 2015
Had a great experience, professors are able to take more time to speak with individual students than is possible in many other educational environments.
BYU-Idaho
Editing Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMay 21, 2014
I was mostly a student there, but when I worked, the pay was minimal. My time on the newspaper was also an internship and unpaid... However, there is an undeniably positive spirit through the school. Its a great place to go to school and/or work.
Good place while at school
HHPS Facilities Administrator (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 7, 2014
This a good place to work while at school. You can do your homework typically and you can learn to work as a team.
Pros
very flexible.
Cons
not a a lot of real world experience and application. at least specialization wise.
A fun environment with good friends
Moving Crew (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 30, 2013
Great environment to be around. Being the youngest worker, it was good to have a bunch of older brothers of the same ethnicity to spend time with. The job was flexible and on call and worked great around my class schedule.

4.6