Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)

Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Employer Reviews

Productive work place
Patient Business Representative (Current Employee), Chestnut Hill, MaSeptember 9, 2014
I work at a sattelite of the hospital. It is a quiet but busy location. Co-workers are fun, happy people and management is good. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and helping out the patients.
Management is very flexible
Laboratory Control Technician (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: low salary, can be very a stressful work environment due to co-worker population.
Working in the Lab Control at Brigham and Womens Hospital has been a good learning experience. Not only by obtainning futhur knowledge of how a lab work but also on working on team building skills. It has had some ups and downs while working with all different types of people but I am greatful I have had the opportunity to grow while working in a hospital – more... setting. – less
Student Nurse-great experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 2, 2014
Best maternity rotation you can get. Deal with a lot of high risk pregnancies which was beneficial to my learning.
Productive and excellent learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 2, 2014
Research assistants were responsible for EEG and EKG application and removal. The position required sampling of urine and saliva.
Productive and fun
Volunteer (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 21, 2014
Great, beautiful hospital. The employees are welcoming, and I would love to work as a doctor here later in life.
Merger of 4 Harvard teaching hopitals
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 16, 2014
Case studies have been written and utilized at Harvard School of Public Health regarding this merger -- the largest and most complex at that time in the United States. Not only did this involve a merger on paper, but it was also a physical merger of 4 sites into one building. Politics were very heavy. I reported to 14 CEOs in 13 years. Very exciting!
This was an Internship
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 11, 2014
I was able to work with a lot of different departments within urology. I was trained in many areas. This was a fun exciting experience.
OK
Nurse in Charge, 7A, Hematology/Oncology/BMT (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good staff to patient ratio
Cons: no real breaks
A lot of changes going on. Management not flexible or fair. Not computerized yet -- 5/31/15 epic arrives. For the most part co-workers are great.
Challenging and interesting work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
Wonderful PIs, challenging work. Overall a great place to work.
Awesome Institution!!!
Control Room Operator (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 27, 2014
Most advanced hospital in Boston in just about every category.
Unit Coordinator
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great nurses, great patients
Cons: short breaks, attitudes and elitism of medical providers
As a UC in a hospital where there are a lot of different positions who have to interact with each other, there is no sense of community in the work place.

Although not typical for all UCs I cleaned the pod every morning, restocked, ensured all names, patient charts were up to date and legible. Made sure everything was in order, made calls to other – more... departments, called for transport, and helped the patients and nurses anyway I could.

Favorite part of the job is seeing nurses, patients who have been on the pod for a long time, and appreciating the job of medicine. – less
open communication and excellent leadership
Lead Medical Assistant - Phyllis Jen Center (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 9, 2014
Cons: location
BHW has a caring and compassionate culture throughout the hospital. A typical day is is busy, rewarding and never the same, it is also a challenge. The most enjoyable aspects of the job are, in my opinion, the doctors attitudes and the patients' gratuity.
Intellectually driven peers with focus on career advancement
Technical Research Assistant II (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good healthcare benefits, good vacation policy
Cons: difficult to advance within the institution
This position requires me to organize my time efficiently in order to manage several research projects that are underway. A typical day begins at the hospital assessing patients in the intensive care units as participants in our study and identifying those who might be considered for our study. I coordinate the efforts to recruit and to manage those – more... patients we have previously enrolled in our multi-site NIH-funded drug treatment trial. Tasks include data management and institutional review board submissions and maintenance for several studies. – less
Patient are safe at the Brigham as EKG technicians are available every day for patients in case of issues occurrence.
newly licensed nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 3, 2014
EKG technicians are available on a daily basis for patients, doctors, and nurses in case of cardiac problems
Productive and Comfortable working environment
Practice Assistant I (Current Employee), 45 Francis St. Boston, MA 02115June 23, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, opens opportunities, great for networking, benefits
Cons: dead end position, no break room, no free lunch
As a Practice Assistant some of your responsibilities may include but are not limited to: checking patients in & out for their appointments, collecting co-payments, scheduling appointments & follow ups for patients of 20+ doctors some of which may or may not have personal Admin Secretaries, scheduling specialty exams such as MRI, CT, EMG etc. either – more... in person, phone or e-mail. – less
Love the job
Operator Services (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: n/a
It is nice to work in a field where you are helping people. Great company to work for.
Data Entry Position
Operating Room Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 4, 2014
Cons: short unpaid lunch breaks
Entering patient information, roughly 130 medical cases daily, into BWH's archaic BICS system. In the 10 years I was there, not a single employee was promoted to a management position. All new hires were outside hires. My co-workers were all older and had very little typing prowess.
Comfortable working enviroment
Patient Observer (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 23, 2014
Everyone is easy to get along with and the management is very understanding to personal needs.
Excellent quality of performance and standards
Chief of Staff (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 19, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working with leadership. I have experienced tremendous growth and while I was not planning to work in health care the exposure to highly competent individuals and very complex topics has been enriching. The Chief of Staff role is an important one, informed and involved at the different levels and allows the ability to engage and interact – more... at all levels. – less
Great work environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 19, 2014
Great learning environment and opportunities for growth.

1 2 3 4 5

About Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)

For over 150 years, Brigham and Women’s Hospital has been the birthplace of legendary medicine. A merger of three of Harvard’s – Read more

Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Photos