Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)

Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Employee Reviews

Awesome place to do an internship
Medical Assistant - Internship (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 22, 2015
They're great, do alot to enhance the quality of care for their patients. They value their employees. They are well known and live up to their great reputation.
Lots of work for industrious individuals
Pheresis Technician/Donor Program Technician (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 20, 2015
fast paced environment, with wonderful base of donors that make the more tedious aspects of the position worthwhile......co-workers make for a fun day
Productive and respectful environment.
Post-doctoral fellow (Current Employee), Harvard Institute of MedicineJuly 17, 2015
I wake up every morning feeling excited to go to work. I love the science and translational aspect of my research, and how it can hopefully improve diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients in the future.
very educational atmosphere and many levels of diversity
Environmental Services (Former Employee), 75 Francis streetJuly 2, 2015
i worked as an housekeeper aid then was promoted into a unit associate preforming tasks such as patient discharges. i was also an waste handler, bio- waste handler for various buildings around the hospital campus
Busy clinical lab with diverse patient population
Intern Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 1, 2015
A typical day included a proper set up and stocking of needles in the phlebotomy lab, greeting patients and having them sign in while we checked for their providers' orders in the new medical record system. Then we called them in and performed venipunctures. I was supervised by the team leader who was very helpful and wise. The hardest part of the job was making sure you were not hurting the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a patient on the first stick and completing all of the orders.
A teaching hospital that is full of the best and brightest. Committed to excellent patient care in the most critical cardiac patients.
Sr. Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
Employees of the Brigham and Women's hospital are largely under-compensated but stay for the superior clinical and research opportunities that come with being part of the Harvard Medical School.
A good research environment, but with poor compensation in an expensive city
Research Fellow (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 29, 2015
Research potential for doing impactful and importance science is extremely high. With a large scientific community, the possibilities for collaboration is also a big plus. However, NIH standards for research fellow salaries may provide in other major research centers, but can be a major struggle in the Boston area.
Call Center Operator (Current Employee), Boston MAJune 28, 2015
Good place to work, I love the staff that I have meet. I have seen how the hospital comes together around several causes. I enjoy what I do and the families that I service in my role.
Great place to build foundation
Administrative Intern for Division Chief (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 25, 2015
Brigham & Women's Hospital holds up to its name and fosters growth for its employees.

Management is straight forward with you and shares their thoughts for your future with you.
Very good place to work fun meet a lot new people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), boston ma 02115June 22, 2015
People are friendly and a lot of opportunities. Patients are nice and we learn a lot from workers. clean and a lot of benefits. always are hiring new people. huge place managers are nice they do a lot intership for new people. a lot of trainiing
productive and fun
Central Transport Services / Transporter (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 21, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches
Cons: management dept
typical day at work transporting patients within the hospital when needed for testing. Most enjoyable part of the job getting paged and exercise
Full time job while obtaining associates degree
Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) (Current Employee), MAJune 19, 2015
Pros: paid meals
Cons: healthcare
Promotion to supervisor after one year and obtaining an award for team member of the year provided encouragement and praise for my start up career.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 19, 2015
Fantastic work environment and a great facility to work at. I have worked on two different floors and have floated to many others. The quality of nursing care that is provided to others dose not change.
Productive volunteer experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: standing on feet for four hours
I was admitted to the Medical Career Exploration Program, which is hosted at Brigham Women’s Hospital during the end of my sophomore year and I volunteered eight hour shifts a week. I was required to serve sixty hour shifts transporting and serving patients, and eighty hours in the baby nursery department shifts over the course of a year. My duties in the central transport and patient access department included transporting blood, specimen, wheelchairs, and patients to their proper destination. I also assisted everyone who came to the information desk and responded to their various inquiries. I actually loved my tasks at the hospital because I got to interact with people, which makes me happy. I felt comfortable, and this environment was where I wanted to be.
No advancement opportunities, poor compensation/benefits
PRACTICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Pleasant co-workers, helping to improve patients' health/lives
Cons: No chance for advancement, compensation does not reflect scope of work/ability required
Initially, a dynamic, stimulating environment that pushed my abilities, that, unfortunately, grew to be volatile and stressful, curbing further growth. Multiple changes in management over the course of a year created lapses in direction/management inattentive, compensation/benefits do not reflect scope & depth of job responsibilities, nor ability required, culminating in high turnover rates.
Productive and very informational workplace
Advanced Endoscopy Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 10, 2015
Pros: experince with medical field
Patient driven, fast paced, great opportunnities for medical field
great people good vibes and tons of pros
I worked as a Practice Assitant/ advanced Coordinator for a little over a year. Worked directly w/ pt's and Doctors.
Work flow
Senior Patient Account Representative (OB/GYN IVF) (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 10, 2015
• Excellent Knowledge of industry and payer requirements to ensure accuracy of claim data, required for claims acceptance and payment
• Escalate problems and issues promptly to Department leadership to expedite research and resolution
• Prepare charge adjustment request documentation to work Revenue Control in order to resolve billing edits and discrepancies
• Resolve and submit a high volume of claims (both Primary and Secondary) on daily basis that meet and/or exceed established Department Quality and Productivity standards
my experience working at BWH
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 8, 2015
It has been a wonderful experience working at the BWH. I would recomend my best friend. the mural is very high here and I enjoy getting up to come to work, I look forward to many more years here.
okay
Secretary/EKG Tech (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 5, 2015
Pros: parking space
Cons: almost everything else
Typical day at work consisted of taking care of the elderly, helping them with ADLs, and some medical needs. Management left a lot to be desired. Most of the co-workers were okay to work with.
Fun fast paced environment
Regulatory Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 3, 2015
Fun fast paced environment. Great learning experience. Good colleagues. Good corporate culture. Many opportunities to grow in.
Employees