Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Employee Reviews in United States

This was an awesomem place to work. Location, faculty, and benefits were great
Practice Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2016
I worked at Brigham and Women's Hospital for 6yrs. I started out as a temp and ended up staying. I loved the atmosphere, the hospital, the doctors and the opportunities it provided. I also really enjoyed my co-workers in my departments I worked for.
Pros
Location, benefits, opportunites, great doctors
Cons
sometimes I would have an 1.5hrs drive to and from work
Great place to work, amazing coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2016
I learned so much working at the Brigham. You are encouraged to keep pursuing education. The pay and benefits are amazing. The only issue I had was that I had difficulty adjusting to the night shift. To the point I became extremely ill. It is difficult to get a day position without having high seniority.
Very good place to work inBoston vicinity.
Sr. Adm. Assistant, great submission coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2016
Great opportunity for start up job, yet very hard to advance. Limited possibilities for managerial positions.
Offers great benefits.
Offers nice pension plan.
Pros
Big network
Cons
Luck for advancement opportunities
Great Place to be
Unit Coordinator for Intermediate Medicine Unit (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2016
They have great benefits, great people, the management is very stand up and respectful. It is a big place a great place to build references and friendship.
Pros
Benefits and pay grade
Cons
some people are just grouchy and food is too expensive
productive
Dietician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2016
Very friendly environment, great nurses and co-worker. This was a stress free job like working with the patient that came in for the different studies.
benefits
Cons
can't think of any
Fast paced and pressure filled work environment with low compensation.
Reiki Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2015
Fast paced and exploitative work environment with little opportunity for advancement and very low compensation. Hours are hard and parking in the area is expensive and difficult.
Pros
Professional atmosphere.
Cons
Low compensation.
No advancement opportunities, poor compensation/benefits
PRACTICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2015
Initially, a dynamic, stimulating environment that pushed my abilities, that, unfortunately, grew to be volatile and stressful, curbing further growth. Multiple changes in management over the course of a year created lapses in direction/management inattentive, compensation/benefits do not reflect scope & depth of job responsibilities, nor ability required, culminating in high turnover rates.
Pros
Pleasant co-workers, helping to improve patients' health/lives
Cons
No chance for advancement, compensation does not reflect scope of work/ability required
very nice place to work
Clinical Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boton, MAOctober 6, 2015
BWH is a good place to work especially if you have a family need to take care of. Flexible hour and reasonable work hour. The only down side is that the salary is not competitive.
Challenging learning and working academic hospital
clinical Social Worker, part time (Current Employee) –  Boston MAJune 20, 2016
Love working with dedicated and skilled gerontologists who are both state of the art skilled in geriatric outpatient care, and compassionate in their care of their patients.

i work in relative isolation from other social workers, except when I'm making referrals of patients or families for services.

interviewing patients and families is challenging as there is no dedicated space for social work interviews

i took the opportunity to train with the geriatric fellows in a year long seminar given by Harvard Medical School and learned a great deal about gerontology which upgraded my knowledge from the years working as a HOPES project research nurse.

Most enjoyable part of the job: talking with older adults, and consulting and sharing with gerontologists
A very productive working enviorment
Hemodialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2016
I enjoy doing dialysis treatment to acute patients. I learned that it is important to work as a team, and coordinating the care of the patient with the other members of the health team in a professional manner.
I appreciate having reliable, efficient co-worker. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is to convince the patient to be compliant with the treatment i.e staying on the right diet. The most enjoyable part of my of job is being independent with my decision making.
Pros
I only have to deal with 1-2 treatments at a time, which is a HUGE after working chronics and having so many people running simulataneously
Cons
Sometimes I am the only one who knows anything, about dialysis meaning there is no one able to troubleshoot things
Good clinical research lab
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2016
Hospital research lab. Productive and educational workplace. Always advancing with research. Management and lab teams are friendly and supportive. Work environment is conducive to the advancement of research. Health and safety are carefully monitored.
Great coworkers and benefits
Practice Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2016
I an enjoying my time here at Brigham and Women's hospital. I've learned a lot during my time as a Practice Assistant II to my doctor. The management was a little messy in the beginning but it has improved over time. The co-workers are all friendly and helpful. They are there when you need them. The hardest part of the job was definitely trying to accommodate for the doctor and his requests. It was tough making certain calls and trying to pull strings. The most enjoyable part would definitely be the friendly atmosphere and the wonderful staff. Everyone has been great to me and I definitely do not regret working here!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2015
Brigham and Womens Hospital is a great place to work. Once you get into the hospital, there is room for advancement and opportunities to move around in other departments.
In practice management, there is not an opportunity to work a flexible schedule. You are required to be there at least 9 hours a day to oversee the clinic operations.
Pros
good opportunity to move around
Cons
work/life balance, commute
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 6, 2016
Brigham and Women's is a great hospital with amazing doctors and nurses. I learned all areas of operation in surgical services from Day Surgery to PACU to Extended Recovery. I learned how important it is to have good structure and a good director. Thick skin is a must in this environment! The hardest part about the job was the culture, and the most enjoyable was being able to help my patients.
Great long term place
Research Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2016
Great long term place, been at this company for 19 years. Family oriented company.

Hard long hours. Lots going on. Not enough help. Over worked.
Productive and fun and friendly environment.
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2016
Throughout my experiences at Brigham Women's Hospital, I've learned a lot. The work circumstance was very professional. I’ve learn a lot about how to manage time and being on time, being responsible is a very important thing. Also, reaching out, making good relationships with colleague is the most necessary thing in work environment.
Full time job while obtaining associates degree
Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) (Current Employee) –  MAJune 19, 2015
Promotion to supervisor after one year and obtaining an award for team member of the year provided encouragement and praise for my start up career.
Pros
paid meals
Cons
healthcare
Productive but stressful workplace
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2016
This company is good because you make really good money and you learn valuable skills, however, it can be very stressful due to the environment and the people. There is a lot of hierarchy and if you are not a healthcare provider you can feel dehumanized at times.

This is isn't always the case. There are a lot of great people that work in this company and there are often incentives which nice.
Pros
good money, experience
Cons
healthcare
Very good place to work fun meet a lot new people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  boston ma 02115June 22, 2015
People are friendly and a lot of opportunities. Patients are nice and we learn a lot from workers. clean and a lot of benefits. always are hiring new people. huge place managers are nice they do a lot intership for new people. a lot of trainiing
Very busy every day and love working with patients
Senior Administrative Practice Asst. (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02115June 1, 2016
My job is very challenging and very busy and requires a lot of patience and kindness. I love working with the patients and helping them get the best medical care they can get.
Pros
A great working environment
Cons
No room for advancement

4.2