Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Employee Reviews

Not well used or treated
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2017
I was a volunteer for BWH, so take my review with a grain of salt. I did roughly 200 hrs of service, and constantly felt like a nusiance to the nursing staff.
Nice place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 22, 2016
No typical day
Learned a lot about the ADA
Management is cool, CEO knows your name and cares
Coworkers are super nice and inclusive
Hardest part was smelly annoying people
Best part was Friday afternoons-admin day
Productivity
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2016
Always working with my peers they are nice and determined to get the job done it can be long but I still do my job by cleaning up and sanitizing every single thing down
Pros
Free lunches good communication with management
Cons
Short breaks
lead practice secratary
Sr. Assistant for Brigham Medical Specialties (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2016
this was a very outgoing and friendly place to work...i learned alot in themedicaL SPECIALTIES PROGRAMS mentors were great.they were very understanding and easy going
Productive workplace with incredible teamwork
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2016
Brigham and Women's hospital has been an extraordinary facility to work in. The nurses establish amazing teamwork and the hospital continuously offers numerous learning opportunities.

A typical day at work was enjoyable and organized. I learned how to complete multiple assigned tasks while still spending time listening and caring for patients. The management was always open to new ideas and encouraged their employees to always improve their performance.
challenging place to work in academic clinical environment
clinical Social Worker, part time (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2016
worked as a grant based social worker in outpatient geriatrics with excellent nurses and gerontologists. Job ended with ending of grant for the position
great place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02115November 18, 2016
great place to work.

Competitive salary and benefits are reasonable.

Management does a great job to make sure there is a work life balance
Quality
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MANovember 16, 2016
they are very respectful and hold high standards. I am always greeted with a smile in the morning and a willingness to tackle the day.
Good environment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2016
The workplace was face paced and I did not mind it as I thrive in such environments. I do think that opportunities for escalation were slim and that efforts could have been made to develop the employees more.
An inspiring and excellent place to work.
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2016
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an excellent place to work with highly dedicated and skilled people. Patients receive excellent care.

Want to know more about Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)?

Ask a question
Great company and staff team
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2016
My department of medicine was a great department to work for, learned alot with billing as well cash posting. Coworkers worked as one team for the ultimate goal of collecting our monthly goal.
Fast paced environemnt
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2016
Providing administrative support along with two colleagues to 30 Radiation Oncologists. There are many varied tasks of a medical admin assistant that I've learned which was not required with an office admin assistant.
Pros
T-Pass 1/2 paid my employer
Cons
Long commute from Weymouth to the Longwood Medical Area
its work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 28, 2016
favoritism at its finest. helping people is fulfilling,and the bond you have with your fellow officers are amazing.its the only saving grace for that job, other than the patients you interact with and the fellow officers you bond with. everyone else including your supervisors (except the-day time one) will treat you like the dirt on their shoe. forcing you to do things they would never do,or making patients angry then sending you in to risk life and limb.you will be often understaffed and be forced to deal with it. supervisors often back stab and and spread rumors on their guys seemingly with no benefit except to do it. do not divulge personal problems in this place because by the end of the day the whole department will know. all in all its a good place to work if you can deal with massengill's at its highest form
Pros
bond with brothers and helping patients
Cons
supervisors
Internship experience
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAOctober 13, 2016
Work was fairly busy, As I walked in I would check in with the Supervisor. She would give me assignments, when I was done I would ask for more work. The work place was professional clean and positive. There was nothing negative from my experience and I enjoyed gaining experience.
Pros
I had great experience with employees I worked with.
Cons
There were no cons.
Terrible management
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAOctober 8, 2016
BWH foxborough offers a great health insurance plan however the compensation is terrible for the amount of work you do. You can see up to 300 patients a day with several different specialties and many different doctors however the other employees in different departments make much more than you. Many of the nurses treat the front staff terribly and so does management. The only time you will hear from management is to degrade you when they think you're doing something wrong. The company itself offers great benefits, however this location is a terrible place to work, there is no room for growth and you're treated very poorly.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Management, compensation
Great place to work.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2016
Medical providers and staff are dedicated people to work with. Appreciated the environment and patient relationships. They organization ensured systems that would assist staff in keeping up with certifications and work safety issues.
Wonderful benefits, unclear job trajectory
Grant/ Finance Manager, Renal Division (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2016
I cannot say enough about the health benefits especially if you have a family, also the retirement and vesting is great. The culture is very old school and non flexible. Work/life balance is not a priority.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
poor work life balance
Review
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2016
It is a great hospital to work for. Majority of the staff you encounter are wonderful to work with. The workload I would say varies depending on your job title, how many people you support, other additional projects. It is constantly busy and keeps you on your toes. Hardest part of the job, is some of the difficult people you might encounter. However, you learn to make it work with everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, working on some of the projects. You get to experience the level of detail it takes to make a new system work. Which gives you greater insight into some of the other departments you may collaborate with as well.
Pros
The variety of projects, things are constantly moving and you just learn to keep up the pace.
Excellent hospital to get your health treated the right way.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2016
Enjoyed this Hospital very well. Everyone was Respetful and nice and the patients always came first. Loved helping and meeting new faces and putting smiles on faces and those who brought smiles upon my face everyday.
Supportive and Fast Paced
New Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2016
Working within your team is a very supportive environment, but within each division the work load is sent from one place to the next. Instead of working in a well oiled machine, when one team gets overloaded it spills over into other parts of the division and they are expected to accomplish these tasks regardless of whether or not they are part of the original job description. The lines of communication to management are great but when the voices of individual teams need to be heard they are often not present during critical meetings to resolve critical issues. The work life balance is great and while the compensation could be better it's competitive and the benefits are fantastic.
Pros
Sense of satisfaction when helping patients.
Cons
Breaks may be cut short due to work load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH). Our community is ready to answer.

4.2