Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)

Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Employee Reviews

It was a nice enviroment to work at.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 18, 2015
The department I worked at was very organized in staff wise and the work was always finished at the end of the day. No backlog if they was any you can work extra hours on the weekend.
I personally love this hospital. Wishing I could work there again.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 14, 2015
A typical day at the Brigham would be me coming in going from room to room to take blood pressures and tempts for the nurses that's about to start there shift. I'm then assigned a number of patients to assist with morning duties usually they patients that had surgery the day before and need a little extra help. The hardest part of my day would have to be getting the really sick patients out there beds some of them its really hard for them to move. The most enjoyable would have to be there smile. After they have walked the hallway.
hospital
CARDIAC & VASCULAR STAFF NURSE (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 30, 2015
hospital provides patients with great quality of care. good teamwork. Knowledgable staff. Up to date machines. Clean
nursing heaven
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 21, 2015
love working here was hired under a temporary position, it has been wonderful staff is great, have had no problems..reccomend BWH to anyone
great place to begin a career
Technical Research Assistant II/ Study Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 12, 2015
excellent mentorship and resources to make the most out of your career in the healthcare field. Coworkers are all highly motivated and practical people, which provides a very positive, productive, and understanding atmosphere.
BWH
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 11, 2015
It is a wonderful place to work for and is an supportive organization. Everyday is a learning process. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowning that the care I provide has an positve impact in my patient life.
Top 10 Hospital in the Country
Training Specialist, QA Officer, OR/CSS (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Teaching Hospital
Very involved with new technology.
Very involved with employees
Multiple systems for communication in real time
Progressive
Involved in new technology and research
Never out of work always something to do with flexible schedule
Research Assistant II (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work will consist of recruiting and conducting study activities with subjects/participants. Supervise other research assistants and put together reports to report to PI, internal and external collaborators.
Great volunteers
MCEP Volunteer (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 3, 2015
I really enjoy going to The Brigham usually once or twice a week for three hour shifts. There is a great stuff and friendly team. I enjoy being in the hospital, greeting patients, and learning new things everyday. The hardest part of the job is on slow days when there is not much to do, but other than that my favorite part is when I get to go out into the hospital and see all the different types of people working and coming in.
Fun work environment
Communication and Public Affairs Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 31, 2015
I love it! Fun environment, upbeat, great people. I typically get to write a lot. I have learned a lot of photo, writing and communication skills.
High quality, hard working staff
NICU Greeter/ Cuddler (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 31, 2015
The staff at the Brigham and Women's Hospital work hard at being proficient and keeping the environment a safe place for all. They are friendly and highly skilled at what they do.
Prestigious place to work with great benefits.
Technician II (Current Employee), Boston MAMarch 30, 2015
BWH offers amazing benefits packages and a strong sense of pride to be an employee. Higher ups are accessible and willing to help all employees.
Busy and technologically cutting-edge
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 27, 2015
Working at BWH is an honor, they perform so many research studies and provide a lot of in and out-patient services that aren't offered elsewhere. The pay could be better, but the benefits package is extremely good.
Awesome Work environment
Senior Practice Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Awesome Place to work
Cons: Not alot of room for growth
fast paced, busy hospital. Work for the Department of Medicine, which is several different departments under 1 umbrella.
Included is a practice at the Faulkner hospital.
Although I loved the company, im striving for higher position
Active and busy, also time will go by quick.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: Staff
It always busy from preparing and taking order down and delivery it very active. Awesome coworkers and the management is good.
Lunch Meetings
Executive Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: bi-weekly meetings
Meetings
Projects
Corporate Events
Fundraising
Great Physicians
Best place to work in Boston
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
I really liked working at Brigham and Women's Hospital because they're caring and compassion for the patients and families.This hospital is one of the top 10 hospitals in America.
productive diverse work enviorment
Senior Dishroom Attendant (Current Employee), Boston MAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: no breaks for 5 hour shifts
brigham is a fast pace place where you will encounter a lot of people from different backgrounds. a typical da consist of moving around from various areas in the kitchen from delivering preparing picking up or cleaning up. hardest area may be ending the day because that's when the late orders are made and all the accumulated dishes from throughout the day are picked up.
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee), BrooklineMarch 10, 2015
Pros: enviroment
Cons: overnight shift
Working at the Brigham in brookline was a great experience i learned allot and developed my skills better and understanding of the job.
Busy department with some flexibility.
Ambulatory Practice Secretary (nCVI) (Former Employee), Foxborough, MAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: very affordable healthcare. beautiful workplace.
Cons: not enough coverage for me when needed a personal or sick day.
Open department,log in..start checking in patients as their appointments came. Scanned documents from the previous day. Started getting charts and paperwork in order for the following day.

The commute was the hardest part of the job. Was left to lead the department sometimes.

Interaction with the patients was the best part of the job for me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH)

For over 150 years, Brigham and Women’s Hospital has been the birthplace of legendary medicine. A merger of three of Harvard’s – Read more

Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Salaries

$45,000 per year
CMA
$40,000 per year

Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) Photos

Early AM in the "carport"