Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work at
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 27, 2016
Everyday is always different, coming into work seeing my infants is a joy. I do my best to make sure all families feel welcomed and happy knowing their child is in good hands. Management couldn't be better, they make you feel like family and always tend to anyone's needs. he hardest part about this job is seeing a child transition into the next room knowing they no longer will be in your class. I enjoy watching children grow and learn new things.
Pros
great healthcare, great team
Cons
n/a
Great employers
Primary infant teacher (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAJune 21, 2016
I had a great expierence working here. It's a very clean enviroment. The staff were friendly to the each other and to the children.
Great work life balance
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2016
I worked with a Bright Horizons back up care center and I loved every minute of it! The people I worked with were helpful, thoughtful and supportive. The families changed frequently since it was only a backup care center but they were great to work with and you meet many different people this way.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
poor salary
Great Company
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 16, 2016
My day at work is a routine. I know what to do and I try my best. It is a great opportunity to work around children and being able to teach them is an amazing experience. To observe their grow and being able to help them is what makes my day. I have learned so much since my first day there: multi-tasks, supervision of children by sight and sound, team work,etc. I love my co worker and I have a great relationship with her. The hardest part of my day is the lifting of my two years old to do the diapering all day long and the changes of their behavior constantly. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my children learn, grow, the attachment I have with them, the relationship I have with them, with the parents and co workers. I love what I do besides the low wage.
Pros
Health Care, 401k, Vacation and holidays.
Cons
low wage and lake of management.
Ok
Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 16, 2016
I enjoy working here but sometimes management is a little hard on you. There is a lot of paperwork and things to keep up to date on in which it feels like there's not enough time in the day to finish.
Pros
free lunch, fast days, play with kids
Cons
constantly busy, under-appreciated
Great place to start as a teacher.
Floater (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Bright Horizons in Easton PA, but the drive was just too much to do 4-5 days a week. I have found my co-workers to be very supportive of me as a male working there. The hardest part of the job was remembering the routines to both classrooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children. Management was very supportive of staff. a typical day always varied for me because I was a floater.
Pros
Good Benefits and was in a nice neighborhood.
Cons
They are very rigged.
Poor management, no breaks, uneducated staff
Teacher / admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue/Microsoft WAJune 12, 2016
For what parents pay to have their children be part Bright Horizons you would think they would have a requirement that staff be well-educated... Most staff people were fresh out of high school. The pay was poor but I had heard good things so I took a pay cut to be part of Bright Horizons. Boy was that a mistake. They gave me mountains and mountains of notebooks to read as training even though I have a degree in early childhood education. They claim to use emergent curriculum but don't really. Management treat staff like they don't know anything and like they're just minions or cattle. We never got regular brakes. I had more education then management. It's a shame how much parents pay before this supposedly better school but really it's just like any other cheap daycare. I quit after witnessing way too many infractions such as children being mistreated or yelled at, favoritism amongst teachers with certain children, children crying endlessly and not being tended to.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Children not being attended to, staff mistreatment by management
Fun Place to work
Lead Toddler Teacher, (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJJune 10, 2016
It is a Place to grow. They help you by paying your school. They also help you get the CDA. The director is very helpful. She wants her staff to grow with the company.
Fun
Infant/ Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJune 9, 2016
Working there was very tiring, but also extremely rewarding. The teachers were nice and so were the parents. I worked with both the toddlers and infants.
Great Job for Individuals who love working with children of all ages.
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2016
The days were full of cheer as the co- teacher and I prepared the classroom for drop offs. Bright Horizon helped me to see that parents have their own cultural way of parenting. Sharing responsibility of caring for children with my co teacher was a great experience. I enjoyed my co workers, especially my co teacher. It can be hard learning new material after you have become comfortable with a certain way, but when you understand that its a necessary change its not so hard anymore. I truly loved going to work each morning to see the children's bright smiling faces. Teaching Children and watching them imitate your actions is the best feeling in the world ( Reading a book at circle time, and observing them grab a book to recreate the event).

Comment – June 14, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience as a former Bright Horizons teacher! It is great to hear that you were able to embrace change and expand your own knowledge while at work. It sounds as though you were truly able to find the joy in what you do and please know that all your hard work is appreciated. It is teachers like you who make Bright Horizons such a special place for children and their families - and also a great place for employees to learn and grow at the same time!

Don't Work Here
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bright Horizons at Midtown DetroitMay 26, 2016
This Company Managements Sucks Save Yourself And Find Something Better. I Worked For This Company For Almost Two Years And They Are Some Sneaky People And They Don't Tell You Everything That's Going On At First It's All Good And Then When You Hit Rock Bottom They Will Throw It In Your Face. I'm So Glad I Quit On Them My Life Is So Much Better And I'm Happy As Ever. Invest In Another Company If You Want Genuine Success. Sometimes you get 15min break 30min break depending on how we were staffed. They hang up on you if you call if and they get mad it's just horrible
Pros
Cons
Can't keep fully staffed people

Comment – June 14, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Bright Horizons is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families. In order to do this, we strive to create a positive environment for all our employees so they are supported and enabled to do their best at work; I am sorry to hear that this was not your experience and would like to ensure that your concerns are addressed. We take concerns over management very seriously. If you are open to sharing more specific details about your time at Bright Horizons, please reach out to wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Excellent diverse employment
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 26, 2016
Being around different cultures and learning about them was a great part of my job here. I also had the opportunity to work with all ages at this center so I have experienced the ups and downs of every classroom. Overall, I enjoyed my time here.
Good Place to Work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 24, 2016
Monitor students in the classroom and outside
Complete lesson plans
Complete documentation boards that displayed student's growth
Conferenced with parents twice a year
Assisted students with projects daily
It's all about the BIG PICTURE
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  USAA at Colorado SpringsMay 22, 2016
I have been working for Bright Horizons since 1999. When I took the job I was going through some family adjustments and was looking at childcare as a way to work and be with my kids. Even though I was offered more money at another childcare center there was something I felt going to BHFS that made my mind up and I started my adventure of being a teacher in this new company. Over the years I have always been able to develop myself to my full potential and even when things got though I had the ability to have conversations with the managers and people that run the company to work things out. I figured that if I gave my 110% they will recognize it and support me. I have also been a member of Better Together since I started working. Learning has always been in me so I avail myself of courses, information, etc to better myself. I have had excellent directors and supervisors who I came to appreciate, love and admire. I know I am very loyal and passionate about what I feel is right and I am grateful I have witnessed this company's growth. Our HEART principles are very helpful values to make sure the company runs as it should be. I also understand that all kinds of people arrive at the conclusion that BHFS is not for them and I guess that's their prerogative. However, it saddens me to read so many negative and unprofessional comments. I feel that if a person becomes dissatisfied with his job RESPECT should prevail, at the end of the day who would like to hire someone that talks poorly of a place of employment. From the janitor to the director/manager etc we are humans and as such make  more... mistakes. That is why "Communication is at the HEART of all we do"
So, if you are a professional teacher with passion, drive and positivism BHFS is the ideal place to make you feel HAPPY doing exactly what one wants! Bonus: children's learning, love and teachings....
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, core values, mission statement, etc
Cons
Being there without a purpose would be a personal con
Horrible Place to Work!
Full Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 22, 2016
Do not work for this company. At first, I was excited to work there but it was not worth it. The reservation system is outdated and unreliable. They have an inbound and outbound team and these two teams hardly communicate. Very confusing process for both internal employees and Clients. ZERO team work! They offer internship among departments but only 1hr per week. The QA process and forms are inconsistent and constantly changing. The in home care service is horrible. The pay is BAD.
Pros
Families
Cons
Computer system, enrollment process.
A positive work place, and very fast paced
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 19, 2016
I've only been with the company for about four months, but I already love it. My director is always pushing me to grow and learn new skills even outside of my job description. She has a knack for "growing staff". It was challenging for me to come from a different company and take on a management role. However, the director, assistant director and staff made me feel very welcome. The center has become like my family in such a short time.
The company has a wonderful mission and strives to be the leaders in early childhood education and child care. I chose to work for Bright Horizons because I knew they were the best. I was looking for child care for my son as well and I knew this was the perfect place for our family. I can't wait to see what happens next within the company.
Pros
Pay, supportive coworkers and management, trust the company/center/ staff with my own son
Cons
Staff turn-over rate, client's views don't always align with the companies views and values
Great place to work!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 19, 2016
Bright Horizons is a great place to work. Friendly and great management! I have worked here for almost eight years and I'm sad to be moving away. I will miss the friendships I have made with the children, parents, and my coworkers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Lots of paper work.
Typical first job- very fun!
Contact Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 18, 2016
I worked at LifeTime Café full time while I was working towards graduating high school. As it was majority co-workers my age it was a very fun yet professional work environment. Management within the café was very relaxed yet productive, and alone I often worked with the manger to open on the weekends as I worked the full operational hours on these two days. I found this job most enjoyable as I was able to interact with all of the customers and could do my best to and see their reaction as I provided them with the best customer service I could provide. I learned at this job, as it was my first, how to work with all types of people, and how to interact face to face with each and every customer.
great experience ,awesome team
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 18, 2016
Thankful for the lifetime experience provided to me being an active employee.I had a wonderful ,understanding boss at Bright horizon .Everyone worked as a team and cared for others as a unit family . very professional and a great place to start your career with lots of opportunities to move up the scale.
Hard work
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 18, 2016
I loved going to work everyday only because the children are so amazing and loving! But the center is very unorganized and need ALOT of help!
Pros
Unconditional love
Benefits