Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing place not only developing young minds but inspiring big hearts
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2016
Everyday I get to work with amazing people who teach me new things. I get to encourage and enjoy the company of incredibly intuitive little minds, while watching the amazing process of growth. Even when the day seems out of control and stressful, there will always come a moment that fills me with laughter and carries me through to the end. The adults I work with also take joy in the amazing work we do. They are always willing to help and volunteer whenever needed. The management are incredibly understanding and flexible when it comes to work/life balance. I always feel welcomed and appreciated everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits, Welcoming Staff, Decent Work Hours

Comment – February 5, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as a Bright Horizons employee; we definitely think that this is a great place to work and are so glad to hear you think so too! Absolutely you are in a special place, with daily opportunities to enjoy a collaborative and caring work environment based on our HEART principles. And when those challenging moments occur (you never quite know when they will strike in the ECE world!), it is so important to have the support and understanding of those you work with. Thank you for your contributions towards making Bright Horizons such a wonderful place for our children and families.

good place to work
Infants (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAFebruary 27, 2016
BH is so big it is hard to say how each center differs. My experience is that directors are not amazing and there is a HUGE turnover rate. The company says they want you to grow with them, but sometimes it's hard to come across those advances in status and pay without threatening to leave first. Not a horrible place at all compared to others I have worked at, pay is not bad, but it is not the best either.
Pros
lots of groups to get involed in within the company, social dinners, fun events, etc
Cons
management is not the best, takes a lot to get a raise
Fun company to work for, Many opportunities for professional growth
Preschool Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Bright Horizons. They very HIGH QUALITY childcare standards, and we were often provided with several training classes that were fun and engaging. I worked for Bright Horizons for 5 years. The ONLY reason I left was to pursue my elementary teaching degree. The compensation is based on the center's corporate client, so depending on the center you work for, the pay may be low, average, or high.
Pros
Excellent company, with very HIGH QUALITY childcare standards
Cons
Pay depends on which client you work for

Comment – February 25, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience as a former Bright Horizons employee! We are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience and were able to take advantage of our comprehensive (and fun!) training and development opportunities. We are very proud of the high standards we’ve employed towards the quality of the curriculum and other policies designed to provide only the best learning environment for the children in our care. Thank you for your contributions in making Bright Horizons such a special place for children and families and we wish you all the best on your journey as an elementary school teacher!

Poor management made it stressful
Infant Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 27, 2016
The poor management skills of our center director made it very hard for me to be productive. She was also unable to make any type of personal connection with the staff. Because of my work load and the need for me in a classroom I was unable to have any work life balance. I often worked 45-50 a week, which became hard for my son. I was expected to take work home, which added another 5 hours to my work week. I was not able to take days off or call in sick without be made to feel guilty. In the last 6 months I was there I called out sick once with the stomach bug. I was asked if I could come in later that afternoon so that the director wouldn't have to go into a classroom.

My overall experience at tge company was great. I love the families I work with and the teachers are amazing! I was able advance in my career and learn a lot. I will always be very grateful for that.

Comment – April 21, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear that you have a positive overall experience during your time at Bright Horizons; however, wanted to address your concerns surrounding management. As a company, we are deeply committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for all employees; we want our employees to feel not only that their work is valued and appreciated but that we value and appreciate the whole person. We do take issues regarding management very seriously and are not sure if you were able to try and address your them with your Regional Manager or Human Resources Manager; however, if you would be willing to share more about your experience, please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Depends on what state you are in
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2016
Learned many skills about leading and managing. The workers in the building are like family.

Lost track of work / life balance because of work pressure load.

Company lost sight of the true reason Bright Horizons was founded, it became more and more about making the company money at any cost.
Pros
Great benefits, Top management is very hands on.
Cons
Regional Directors need training in leadership as to not be power tripping slave drivers.
Pride and Prejudice: Not so Bright Horizon.
Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 28, 2015
Typical office hierarchy, Team Leads do not help those who need it, and unfair, unattainable metrics. Short breaks and long work days with irritable customers makes for an unhealthy lifestyles and lack of motivation. Aside from the usual company picnic, the rewarding aspect of performing your job duties are little than to be desired, despite the fact that the benefits are quite decent. However, their judgmental and unfair work ethics with favoritism playing a huge role, it makes for a roller coaster of disaster.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Short, monitored breaks and lunches, unqualified Team Leads, Unhealthy, stressful work environment, Excessive irritable customers, archaic/outdated software, unreasonable call times and aftercall work

Comment – January 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It can certainly be challenging to work within a customer service environment; however, Bright Horizons is deeply committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for employees to allow for success and satisfaction while at work. We are sorry to hear your personal experience has not been a good one. If you are open to sharing more specifics of your concerns, we’d like to hear them and can be reached at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

not much room for teacher input
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2016
It was ok definitely loved my children more than my job... It was OK at first and then became a dread. Found myself doing the job of lead teachers and they DON'T GIVE RAISES
Pros
nice area
Cons
weak management
Best Childcare Company
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2016
Most of the managers really care about the children, families, and employees. Children are put before everything else and the company really cares more about the individuals more than the logistics of the company. Hands down best company I ever worked for!
Pros
Caring, salary, benefits, management
Cons
Lack of support for handling difficult situations

Comment – February 18, 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience working at Bright Horizons; we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with the company. We strive to provide a positive and family-like work environment to help employees feel rewarded at work and are happy that you were able to experience this first-hand. Absolutely, there are at times challenging situations that come up, challenges that are quite unique to ECE; however, we do want to foster a spirit of teamwork so that employees feel the support in handling difficult situations as well as gain the tools to learn from those experiences and grow as a professional. If you would like to reach out to us about some more details of your experience, please send an email to wearelistening@brighthorizons.com. Thank you for your contributions in making Bright Horizons such a special place for children and families.

Not what I was expecting
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 15, 2016
I took the job because of the benefits and moderate pay, in spite of the long commute for me. I didn't realize that I would be working with the biggest group of snarkiest women hellbent on proving something that I've ever met in my life. If you enjoy working with people who will run to the administrators with every minor thing they can find that you do wrong, work here. That's all I'm saying.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
employees
High employee turn over rate
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 8, 2016
Their main concern is keeping the money coming in. They have little if any concern for their employees. Classroom out of ratio, not enough support, treated like you work at a fast food place.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Salary and management

Comment – February 18, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Bright Horizons is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families. In order to do this, we strive to create a positive work environment for all our employees so they are supported. It can be challenging work, but we absolutely want our teachers to enjoy all the rewards early childhood education can bring. Any issues regarding proper staffing are taken very seriously; if you are open to sharing more specific details about your personal experience, we’d like to hear from you at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com to ensure that your concerns are addressed.

Great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a United States–based child-care provider and is the largest provider of employer-sponsored child care.
Pros
opportunity for advancement & Benefits
Horrible Director who played favortism
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 30, 2015
Loved the group of ladies I worked with and the kids. The director had absolutely no idea how to run a daycare. The assistant director was amazing. I was truly hurt the way I,was treated while there.
Pros
Time off, great benefits and pay, fun atomsphere
Cons
Horrible Management

Comment – January 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Bright Horizons is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families. In order to do this, we strive to create a positive environment for all our employees so they are supported and enabled to do their best at work; I am sorry to hear that this was not your experience and would like to ensure that your concerns are addressed. If you are open to sharing more specific details about your time at Bright Horizons, please reach out to wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Smoke in mirrors
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2015
BH is a wonderful place if you love children and are dedicated to providing a nurturing environment coupled with quality care. Too bad upper management does NOT apply those same principles to their employees. No diversity in upper management, rules are constantly changing, ridiculous expectations (working during blizzards, hurricanes, etc) very little acknowledgement for hard work, pennies for raises, and the list goes on. Still trying to figure out the sample population for the "best place to work" rating because everyone I work with in the NYC region love working with children but hate their job. Lots of politics with upper management, my director was unqualified and they used unethical practices to keep her in her position and overlooked qualified employees.If you like holidays, don't work for back-up. You'll be working every holiday there is. Teachers can move up if they kiss enough of the right a--, Admin positions are dead-end gigs. Very little room for growth. I've met ppl who have been working the same positions for 20 years and haven't received raises in over 10. Overall, its a terrible company to work for. They only care about the bottom line and do not put enough effort into appreciating their employees or treating them properly. Dont waste your time (unless your desperate).
Pros
working with children
Cons
everything about this company is a sham

Comment – January 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Bright Horizons is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families as well as creating a positive work environment for all our employees. It can be challenging work, but we absolutely want our teachers to enjoy all the rewards early childhood education can bring. We do take concerns regarding hiring practices seriously and would like to hear more about your specific feedback. If you are open to sharing your personal experience, we’d like to hear from you at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Productive and fun place to work!
Childhood Educator (Lead Teacher) (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 14, 2015
Bright Horizons was the perfect place for me to begin my career working with children in a professional environment. While there are some issues with management at the center that I currently work at, the families and my coworkers are wonderful to work with!
Pros
Great Benefits
fun place
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 23, 2015
Working at Bright Horizons was good. I learned a lot about the company. I made good friends while I was working there as well as parents. I took good care of so many children for 5 years. Benefits were good too. After 3 months you can get health care.
Pros
free lunches, school reimbursement
Cons
raises
Quality centers to work in
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2015
A great place to work with advancement opportunities. Families come first for employees as well children and families, good employee benefits.
Pros
good training
Fabulous place to continue career.
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 16, 2015
The company is a great place to finish career. They have lots of incentives for those who want to continue their education in this field. The co-workers are helpful and willing to help each other out. I learned a lot from this company. My only disappointment was how many times I tried to move up into a different position and was thwarted with no help when help was promised. They did not make it easy to be able to move up in the company and wished I was able to do so. I believe that it is a fabulous place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not helpful with moving up in the company
Great company!
Preschool/Pre-Kindergaten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Well established company that strives for top quality care for children. Treats employees well and benefits are great.
Great Company to work for
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2015
This is a great company to work for. They have wonderful benefits and programs to help with furthering your education. A typical day caring for children is feeding, changing, and engaging them in activities. There is a curriculum to follow and a schedule that is pretty flexible. Like any job, there are challenging days, but overall, this is a great company,
Pros
The pay for a child care center
Cons
lunch break vary in time
good company and great benefits
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2015
It was a great company to work for, lots of great benefits ! The people that I worked with is great. and the benefits with this company were great . I moved and thats the only reason i left
Cons
akways people calling inso short staffed

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Reviews by Location