Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Amazing people to work with, terrible management, terrible pay.
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJSeptember 27, 2016
I worked at BH in Hoboken for way longer than I should have. The families and coworkers were amazing, however in a short 12 months there were 15 employees that resigned, and four different directors. Total disaster, management tries to get employees to switch their schedules because they refuse to hire more employees, and they threaten to cut hours if you don't do so. At 11$ an hour who wants to get their hours cut!? High turnover rate, always over ratio, teachers are thrown into different classrooms due to lack of employees.

Great environment for the children hostile environment for the employees, tons of gossip occurs between management including director, assistant director and employees. Teachers lie on the tadpoles app. I am so grateful for the friends I made in some of the coworkers and the amazing families I get to cater to outside of this company. I will forever be grateful.

Best thing I've learned about working at Bright Horizons is to do what makes you happy, never settle for less.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, Turnover Rate, conflict of interest.
Poor work place
Child Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2016
SSA Location is very unorganized and management has no type of communication with employee , lack of suplies for children , very hard to get in contact with mamngement if your insid eyour room.
Great people to work with. Fun environement
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  RoundSeptember 21, 2016
I love working with kids, as well as co workers. I learned a lot of new skills related to child care. Management is very helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the parents. There is no room or advancement.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No chance for growth or better pay
Challenging work load, cutting edge curriculum, poor advancement opportunities and pay
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I loved working at bright horizons, the children families and co workers were like family to me. Unfortunately I had to leave after having my son. My pay did not reflect my work or commitment to the company and they were unwilling to work with me on child care for my son. In the end I had to leave for financial reasons.
Pros
Strong educational principles high expectations for care
Cons
Poor pay, no advancement
The most enjoyable part of my job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2016
I'm an infant teacher and the best part of my job are my children. They are so open and affectionate. I know for a fact that they teach me way more than I could ever teach them. Even on a rougher day in our room, our babies make us smile by smiling at us. I love watching them gain gross and fine motor skills and celebrate every little milestone with them.
Pros
Interaction with the kids, love for and from the families and a sense of community and family.
Cons
Long days, short breaks, not enough teachers when needed
Its a great place to work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
Bright Horizons is great company to work for. They have great benefits. The employee are awesome and they care about each.
Pros
Pay
Cons
work life balance
Learning everyday
Childhood Early Educator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2016
My actually supervise is an excellent boss who care about her employees and every month the company has a staff meeting in witch we discuss everything concern of work and we learn about each one.
Pros
Staff meeting, free dinner
Cons
1 hour for lunch
Good Experience For New Teachers
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2016
Not every school is the same but the one I worked at had quite a few issues. There is a focus on enrollment and making and keeping parents happy. This usually comes with teachers needs not being met.
Pros
Good experience to put on your resume
Cons
Can leave you feeling unappreciated
fun at work
Resource Teacher (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 17, 2016
A day at work with the kids is always fun. Its great to interact with the. The staff is amazing and kind. The management supports the staff 100 percent.
Great child environment with much responsibility
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2016
Bright Horizons provide a wonderful environment for their clientele, the classrooms and facilities are top notch for children and it is definitely place where your child can learn and grow. Sometimes you will have unmotivated teachers but that you can find in almost every workplace if not every workplace. The hours fluctuate immensely at 11$ an hour with bi-weekly payment getting a pay check after 2 weeks for less than 100$ is depressing. you can be scheduled to work and if your not needed because a child is sick or a parent changes their mind to bring them in you could be the one out of work for the day or the next few days cause then they are "over staffed"
Pros
Great bright environment, friendly faces everywhere
Cons
decent pay with terrible hours
amazing work enviroment
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2016
My co workers are amazing, they all work as one. Love being around the kids and watch them grown and learn. admin team is great, they work so well with your own schedule. Alot of the time they are short staff and end up working other teachers into over time.
Pros
enviroment
Cons
non
Good for experience.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2016
Pros:

-You get to work with a variety of children from different age groups.
-Hands on experience with head teacher and children.
-You get to experience work life in the classroom and become familiar with working with multicultural children.

Cons:

-We don't get paid enough for the amount of work we do and the education required for position.
- Different locations work differently some good and some bad.
-The company expects too much from certain locations.
Horrible company to work for! Mistreated by staff and employees
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2016
First of all I couldn't wait until I became an employee at Bright Horizons when I filled my application out online. I heard good things about the company and I was excited to work for them. I had an interview April 2 and did not start work April 27 when I called to check the status never a phone call back and I was on the verge of finding new opportunities. First day, jo one welcome me, the training was not training it qas nore sit in front of a computer for 8 hours and watch videos without direction. I got the pink eye from one of the kids and was told I had to still work even with a doctors excuse note. My eye was swollen and pink and I felt humiliated letting parent see my pink eye. I had to take a mdical leave and was told my position would be secure and when my doctor said I was allow to cone back they told me they would not hire me
The heart principles was not in order and the staff and management were very mean and rude... Horrible company to work for In Detroit, Michigan
Someone should really come and do a visit or shut the place down
fun workplace
Certified teacher (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at work is providing for children. Engaging, reading, singing and teaching them. I prepare them for kindergarten which is most enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is being here 40 hours a week all year round. yes we get vacation time but we are limited for the summer as everyone wants days off.
Flexible
RESOURCE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 30, 2016
The typical work day is hectic but rewarding. The jobs pays decent and they are very flexible when it comes to appointments and school. Only problem is with management. They are nice but not always organized.
Productive Workplace
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2016
Friendly People
Productive Environment
Uplifting Co workers
understanding Management
I've learned to communicate with parents better
The most hardest part about my job is balancing my time.
Something special
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 24, 2016
Great People and a great company. It truly is a family company. Plenty of job growth and great support from people that care about your success. Fantastic.
Dependent on the center you work at
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 23, 2016
Not all BH centers are the same. The center I work at is a mess so I do not enjoy my time here. Other centers are/may be better. However, the one thing that is highly disappointing is the vacation/sick hours given. As a newly hired employee, you must wait 3 months to begin receiving vacation hours. Even when that begins, the accrual is extremely slow. If you're a retired teacher or in college, this is probably the job for you. You can pick up random days as a substitute. If you're a kid contemplating about finishing your bachelors-finish it! You do not get the time off/benefits traditional teachers get.
Still New
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 21, 2016
I'm still new to Bright Horizons and still learning their system. The management is okay, easy to approach and talk to (but forgetful if things are not in writing or through email). I enjoy the working relationships I have with my co-workers, children and the families.
Youth Councelor
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 21, 2016
Provide a fun environment of middle school children afterschool. First children will have to finish their homework and then enter into extracurricular activity until their picked up by their parents.

I was a college student during this time so management was very understanding of this.

My coworkers and I worked as a team to provide safety and a fun environment for the students.

The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the students and making an impact in their lives.
Pros
Free ticket to adentureland
Cons
no health care

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Reviews by Location