Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

A place to learn and grow
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 4, 2016
Over all you learn something new every day and you grow from what you have learn, and watch the children you care for grow themselves. At times on the job the day is crazy, but I would never change it for the world. The team I work with is amazing and you always want to come to work. The management here is great very supportive and always have an open door policy.
Poor Place
Kindergarten Prep Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 2, 2016
-I love teaching children but there are so many restrictions on what you can and can't do from three different people higher than I that interferes with the learning environment.

-The management is awful. We've lost a director and assistant director. They were NEVER in the classroom so they had no idea what was going on and never seemed to CARE when I had concerns.

-The most enjoyable part of my job is the children. If it weren't for them I would not be here.

-Management gives you no support when it comes to your classroom.

-This is NOT a friendly learning environment at all! Nothing is allowed to be hung on the walls or doors of the room.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay
It's a lovely place to be.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 28, 2016
I just don't completely feel comfortable working at Bright Horizons, feel very overwhelmed at times. Like there wasn't enough training or help to get started.
Fun place to work
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2016
It is a nice place filled with people who really care about the children. The curriculum is actually a real thing! THE CHILDREN ARE ACTUALLY LEARNING.
Management Unorganized
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2016
Management is unorganized. They workers don't feel appreciated. You have to work on snow days. No structure. The families are really sweet for the most part.
Pros
Children & Families
Cons
Horrible management
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a United States–based child-care provider and is the largest provider of employer-sponsored child care.
Pros
opportunity for advancement & Benefits
Amazing place not only developing young minds but inspiring big hearts
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2016
Everyday I get to work with amazing people who teach me new things. I get to encourage and enjoy the company of incredibly intuitive little minds, while watching the amazing process of growth. Even when the day seems out of control and stressful, there will always come a moment that fills me with laughter and carries me through to the end. The adults I work with also take joy in the amazing work we do. They are always willing to help and volunteer whenever needed. The management are incredibly understanding and flexible when it comes to work/life balance. I always feel welcomed and appreciated everyday.
Pros
Great Benefits, Welcoming Staff, Decent Work Hours
Cool JOb
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2016
If you like nature this is the place for you. The garden is full of nature lol good place to work they were pretty easy going.
Pros
easy going
Cons
too much nature
Best Childcare Company
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2016
Most of the managers really care about the children, families, and employees. Children are put before everything else and the company really cares more about the individuals more than the logistics of the company. Hands down best company I ever worked for!
Pros
Caring, salary, benefits, management
Cons
Lack of support for handling difficult situations
Depends on what state you are in
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2016
Learned many skills about leading and managing. The workers in the building are like family.

Lost track of work / life balance because of work pressure load.

Company lost sight of the true reason Bright Horizons was founded, it became more and more about making the company money at any cost.
Pros
Great benefits, Top management is very hands on.
Cons
Regional Directors need training in leadership as to not be power tripping slave drivers.

Want to know more about Bright Horizons Family Solutions?

Ask a question
Not what I was expecting
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 15, 2016
I took the job because of the benefits and moderate pay, in spite of the long commute for me. I didn't realize that I would be working with the biggest group of snarkiest women hellbent on proving something that I've ever met in my life. If you enjoy working with people who will run to the administrators with every minor thing they can find that you do wrong, work here. That's all I'm saying.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
employees
Tiring and stressful job
Child Care Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 15, 2016
Working with children will take its toll on just about anyone. Working at Bright Horizons put me in some uncomfortable situations such as working with babies six months old. So, me not being a parent myself, it made things a bit weird.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Amount of kids per teacher
Great company!
Preschool/Pre-Kindergaten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Well established company that strives for top quality care for children. Treats employees well and benefits are great.
great children and families
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 9, 2016
I have had a positive experience at Bright Horizons. I have learned many things and work with a lot of great people. What I have most enjoyed about Bright Horizons is the relationships that I have made with the children and their families. I proud myself on making myself always there for the children and their families.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
turnover rate
Great Company to work for.
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2016
Bright Horizons is a very organized workplace that prides itself on versatility and multi-cultural backgrounds. They constantly provide up-to-date training and monthly staff meetings that help to equip each associate with the necessary tools to perform each and every task at hand.

Comment – January 8, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working at Bright Horizons; we definitely think that this is a great place to work and are so glad to hear you feel the same! Our goal is to make Bright Horizons feel like family to our employees so it is especially wonderful to hear that you felt at home. Thank you for your contributions towards making Bright Horizons such a special place for our children and families.

Productive and Wonderful place to work
Quality Assurance and Mobile Tester (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 5, 2016
Well Structured setup and very interesting program about adult and Child care.
Very friendly coworkers. Is testing clients requirements on making reservation on adult and Child day care.
Pros
Christmas get together
Cons
Not a long term carrier place
Winston salem
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 31, 2015
I used to love working here. The first 6 months were fine. However management treats you like bad They make promises they can't keep, they offer no communication. The lack of communication is not just between you and management but also management talking to each other. One manager would tell you one thing then when you asked another about it they wouldn't have a clue. There is absolutely NO consistency. You get a different schedule everyday telling you what time you go to lunch. One day you might got at 10 am, the next you might not go till after 3 pm. You can bring your complaints to management but it won't make a difference. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I loved my children, their families, and my co workers. By the time I left over half he teachers at the center had put in their notice or already left. From October to December over 16 employees had found new positions and resigned.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
High turn over rate, management is horrible.

Comment – January 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Bright Horizons is deeply committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for all employees. We are sorry to hear that you have left the company without this impression. We do take concerns regarding management very seriously and are not sure if you were able to try and address your concerns with your Regional Manager or Human Resources Manager; however, if you would be willing to share more about your experience, we’d like to hear about it so we can address any issues directly. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Horrible Director who played favortism
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 30, 2015
Loved the group of ladies I worked with and the kids. The director had absolutely no idea how to run a daycare. The assistant director was amazing. I was truly hurt the way I,was treated while there.
Pros
Time off, great benefits and pay, fun atomsphere
Cons
Horrible Management

Comment – January 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Bright Horizons is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families. In order to do this, we strive to create a positive environment for all our employees so they are supported and enabled to do their best at work; I am sorry to hear that this was not your experience and would like to ensure that your concerns are addressed. If you are open to sharing more specific details about your time at Bright Horizons, please reach out to wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

It all depends on your center
Infant Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJDecember 28, 2015
I began my Bright Horizons career at a WONDERFUL center. The directors were lovely people who treated the families, the children, and their employees very well. It was a fantastic place to work, filled with positivity and warmth. I cannot say enough about how great the experience was at this center.

Unfortunately, my original center closed, leaving me with no other option but to move to another location.

I transferred to the Giralda Farms center and it was a horrible experience. The lead director was hardly there and speaking to her was not easy. She was very rude and had a tough time controlling her temper around the teachers and parents.

The assistant director barely knew the children's names. She was also rude and lacked the communication skills necessary for her to hold a leadership position. How either of these ladies got their jobs is beyond me.

The other teachers were lovely, despite working at such an inconsistent and harsh job environment.

The center barely had the right staffing for all of the students. The teachers had to work mandatory overtime for nearly a month. Our handwork did not seem appreciated, either.

During my time at this center, it was a revolving door of teachers. Many teachers were quitting because they felt that working at the center was nearly impossible. The parents noticed all of this, too, and were very vocal about their concerns. The children would just get used to a teacher before they would leave.

I was forced to leave because of family concerns, giving four weeks notice. During my final weeks there, I was not treated
  more... very well. They would barely speak to me or look me in the eyes. I felt that this was very immature, considering I gave plenty of notice, two weeks more than what is required.

It is a shame that the leadership is so poor at this center because the families and other staff members are very nice. While daycare, as a rule, does not pay very well, Bright Horizons is better than most. However, even if the pay was better, I doubt that anyone would stay because it is a very frustrating center to work at.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor leadership, difficult hours

Comment – January 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Bright Horizons is deeply committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for all employees, as well as creating a great place for children and families. We are sorry to hear your personal experience was mixed and that you ultimately left without this impression. If you’re willing to share more about your experience, we’d like to hear about it so we can address any issues directly and ensure that Bright Horizons continues to be a great place to work. Please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

productive and great job security
Quality Assurance Liaison (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2015
Bright Horizons is a great place to work. They help with your work life balance. I have learned a lot of management skills. After being here nine years I think that this is a good start.