Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Lead Kindergarten Prep Teacher (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIJuly 1, 2015
Bright Horizons was a great place to work with awesome staff members and management. Individuals always went above and beyond to meet the needs of the students. They had great relationships with parents and students!
Productive and fun place to work with great parents and children.
Toddler Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Plano, TxJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Bright Spaces, Diversity staff and children
Cons: Short breaks, few back up teachers, and more training and planning time.
Through the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children®, we can extend the reach of our knowledge and commitment to children and families far beyond the walls of our centers, schools, and programs for enrolled families. We have Bright spaces which are warm and inviting for our children and families. Our support programs serve at-risk children, instilling positive self-concepts and self esteem; providing nurturing, creative environments; and supporting and facilitating the development of strong families.

Bright Spaces: Special places for children

I have learned that children develop with positive guidance and encouraging words. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my toddlers grow. I feel proud when the parents see thing that I have taught them such as using their words more, eating at the table, using their spoons and forks and most important washing their hands independently.

The hardest part of my job is short breaks. I wish we could have a morning 15min break to take a quick breather by stepping outside or getting a quick cool drink or make a quick phone call to pay bills, or review our lesson plans for the week. Also I wish we had more back up staff so that I could get off early and continue my education.
Excellent Teamwork Environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 23, 2015
Excellent team, management, and friendly environment to work at. The staff was amazing. Training was provided even before needed giving me the ability to grow at my own pace.
Fun Times
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Hillsborough, NJJune 22, 2015
As an assistant teacher, you learn from someone who has been there before. They support you no matter what and was always there for you when you needed help.
my experience
Lead Teacher/Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 22, 2015
A typical day at work consist of greeting children an families at drop of, serving breakfast lunch, and snack. Following daily schedules that include meals, diaper changes, outside time, learning centers, activities, and circle time.. I have learned how to create positive relationships with families and how to use a creative curriculum.
Great advancement opportunities
Preschool Co-Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Whitehall, OHJune 17, 2015
There are always opportunities for advancement in this company. They support you and your choices for advancing education and employment.
Productive and Fun Work Place
On Call Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNJune 16, 2015
Pros: help with your learning or going to school
Cons: short breaks
This job is hard but it's great at the same time, I get to learn new things every day with new experiences, enjoy my co-workers, hardest part of this job is that I don't get enough hours but the most enjoyable part are the children.
Good way to start your career in the teaching field
Pre-k and under Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2015
Most of the teachers love teaching the kids, i have learned a lot from veterans with in this company. Theres always room for growth once you have been with the company for about a year or so.
Early childhood school
Kitchen Manager and Head Cook (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great money and hours and benifits
Cons: They had alot of staff problems and wanted to cross there staff without proper knowledge of the job
I cooked breakfast and lunch for 130 kids and 25 staff members daily
There was only me with no assistance and everything had a timeline.
Wednesday was truck day and I was to put all that away myself.
This job caters to a certain kind of clients and It just was not for me.
Job Description
Lead Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2015
Inspire a talented team of early childhood professionals like yourself including orient new team members

Collaborate with team in developing classroom plans and goals

Develop emergent curriculum that is designed to inspire children

Partner with parents to support, guide and share in their child’s growth and development

Nurture your career aspirations and personal growth as well as others through unlimited opportunities
Love the company, but the location that I work at is not the best when it comes to organization and follow through.I
Teacher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: Three extra floating holidays that can be for days off
Cons: Unorganized, no communcation among managers
Personally, I believe Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a wonderful high quality child care center. However, at my location the mangement team is not constant when it comes to being organized, following through and at times, professionalism. For me, a typical work day consist of working with children (infants). Working with children can be very tough at times, but also very rewarding job. However, when there is no support from the management team, this makes my job even harder and stressful; which is becoming unhealthy for my body mentally, physically and emotionally. The hardest part of my job is, waking up and going into work. I am a very faithful and loyal employee, but Monday-Friday knowing that my job has no organization and majority of my coworkers are not excited to be there, makes this a unhappy place for me to be. Although, my location may not be the best. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the children. I really love to watch the infants grow and achieve there milestones, it amazes me how they learn. Also, the love and connection/ bond that I build with the families is priceless, this makes me happy and this keeps me going.
productive and fun working place
Substitute teacher (Current Employee), Framingham MAMay 26, 2015
This was a very good working place, I learned a lot about dealing with customers because of all the parents that would come in asking about their children. The co-workers were always very friendly and the hardest part of the job was working with the youngest age groups of children.
Great company, but not good benefits
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 26, 2015
I loved teaching preschool and I loved the parents but, for what I know they charge per child to come here for a month, they should be paying the teachers much much more.
Great Promises, no follow through.
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 23, 2015
I would suggest this job to early twenty-somethings looking for a transition job. It doesn't allow for much growth financially or career wise.
Fun
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Columbus,OHMay 21, 2015
Fun place with good co workers, however the manager lacks and your boss lives far away. Poor when it comes to responding to emails.
Satisfying yet challenging
Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2015
Looking after infants is one of the most satisfying yet challenging jobs of the world; after all, the early years of a child are the most important ones and an infant teacher has to make sure that they are given proper care that they deserve. Our daily routines involve changing a dirty diaper, to comforting a child, and to assuring a parent that their child is in great care. There is not much time to sit down and plan which can be the most difficult part of the job because you find yourself working on your break and at home. When you have a great team of co-workers like I do, it makes for a positive work environment, a happy employee, and ultimately a happy baby. Management is very up and down, black and white, but very open table for conversation and listening to ideas and solutions.
Wonderful Place
Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYMay 20, 2015
Such an awesome group of people with wonderful chemistry to provide a positive environment for coworkers and the children.
Productive and Fun Place
Head Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Best co-workers
Cons: Pay
Watching the children eager to come into the classroom and start the day. Parents always happy to see you. I learned that it is important to develop the appropriate type of relationships with co workers and parents. Always work hard it pays off at the end of the day.
Great Preschool
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJMay 19, 2015
New born to 5 years old.
Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills.
Able to solve problems.
Excellent, creativity, curiosity and interest.
Very caring, dependability and neatness.
Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Responsible for observing and applying developmental programs.
Keep record of children’s growth, development and behavior.
Responsible for preparing play and learning materials to set up children’s environment.
Supervised children’s play with making sure of their safety.
Help children with daily routines such as dressing, potty training, eating and sleeping.
Maintained environment very clean, appealing and safe.
It is a privilege to work with kids.
Head Toddler Teacher/ Center Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Armonk, NYMay 18, 2015
Working with children is truly a blessing. This is not a job that you do just for the money. It takes a lot of patience and dedication. Children are challenging, curious, innocent, and honest. They are so innocent that you can never really get upset at them. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep them from getting hurt but they do get into everything. The most enjoyable part of my job is just being around the children. My Co-workers are awesome, we share our knowledge and look out for one another. You are constantly learning in this field and for the sake of the children it is important to stay in the know to ensure that you are providing quality learning experiences for the children in your care's growth and development.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a leading provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, back-up – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Salaries

Associate Teacher
$11.45 per hour

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos

Outdoor learning experiences...
The First Week of School @AML 2009~Ms. Audrey's Class.