Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Best ever
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 6, 2016
This was my first real job ever and the staff there was great they reall showed me the ropes and I learned slot there for the work Feild would love to go back and work there again as well
Great Place to Work if you Love Children
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 30, 2016
A typical day at Bright Horizons is filled with smiles, tears, and several diaper changes... At its best it is a diverse environment of children, educators and families that love and appreciate all that an educator does over the course of the day, week, month or years that families are involved for. With that being said, at its worst Bright Horizons is a company than can lose quality control of its' employees that leave good employees overworked, unacknowledged and severely underpaid for what is expected of good employees.
Fast Paced Day Care Center
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 30, 2016
This is one of the pricier day care center's around, however it is needed in order for the center to run succesfully. Typically you are expected to care for all the children in your care from feeding,potty training, implementing curriculum, and provide a nurturing environment for them. It hard at times to depend on others to provide assitance if needed so you have to be able to multi task and juggle many responsibilites at one time. But when you get to make a child smile or see their fisrt steps or hear their fisrt words it's all worth the stress and aggrevation.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Schedule changes weekly
Excellent Curriculum and fun place to work
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  IlinoisNovember 28, 2016
I have been an employee over six years for Bright Horizons and I enjoy watching the children grow to learn and develop into young adolescents. It is gratifying and rewarding to see that you have made such a huge difference in a human being.
Pros
Watching children develop socially, physically, and cognitively.
Can be better
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 23, 2016
A typical work day at USAA is very stressful. Admin does very little to connect with staff and parents on a day to day basis. Frequently Admin are seen at the front desk on cell phones (or in their offices) while teachers paige for "assistance" or "potty breaks". Unfortunately teacher morale is very low as most are unhappy with their job and openly discuss it within the classroom.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Not enough resource time, favoritism
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working for the company they were very understanding and flexible. They go above and beyond for the clients including the owners. Really liked this company
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Dissatisfied.
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2016
Overall, I am dissatisfied with this company. I will not recommend this to ANYONE.-Not even my worse enemy.
The Director was fired . along with 12 other employees. Parents are gripping. Children have no control. Children are talked about while being present. Employees are sloppy and disrespected. There had been three different supervisor my 1st year employed.

Very dissatisfied.
Pros
Off on Thanksgiving.
Cons
lack of support. high ratio, distastful manangement. gossip uncontrollable. lack of better judgment.

Comment – December 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We believe strongly in our mission and the responsibility of caring for children is our highest concern. Transition periods can be challenging for a center and to have this disruption can be stressful for employees as well as the children and families. Please reach out to your Regional Manager and/or HR Manager to discuss any concerns that you have. They are the best resources in terms of support during a time where you may not have a Center Director. If you not sure where to begin in terms of reaching out, please contact HR Concerns or wearelistening@brighthorizons.com so we can ensure you are connected and can share more details of what is concerning you at your location. Thank you for all that you do for children and families every day. It is such an important role and we want all our employees to be able to find the joy in their work, even when (or better, especially when) difficult situations arise.

A good place to gain experience
Durham - Resource Teacher (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 15, 2016
Do your job right and do as your told and you will go far. There is a big mixture of family times which is wonderful for experience however if you do not enjoy children or stress not the place for you.
Pros
Experince
Poor compensation and benefits
Toddler Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Easton, PANovember 13, 2016
Constantly changing hours. Evening and/or weekend staff meetings and training's. No substitutes, therefore children were constantly put in different rooms to change ratios.
Pros
Co-workers try to help each other. Free lunch if you want to eat what is served to the children.
Cons
Poor salary, Expensive benefits, 1 unpaid 1/2 hr break per shift, Few paid days off, Massive amount of computer/paper work, No substitutes.
Great Company
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  7704 East Parham Road Henrico VANovember 8, 2016
Loving and caring management. Families are amazing and the children are fantastic. Every teacher here works their hardest everyday to achieve goals and watch these children grow.
Pros
all around great company and place of work
Great Atmosphere
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 7, 2016
I enjoy working at my center. I learn a lot from my co-workers. I have learned so much working here. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the children.
A Company That Allows You To Grow
Infant Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2016
Bright Horizons is a company that allows you to grow professionally. This company gives opportunities to find which age group works best for you. You develop very deep connections and bonds with different families and children.
Decent Place to Begin working
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15239November 3, 2016
It's a good place to start if you want to teach young children. The pay is similar to most childcare places but you do get increases every year.
Bright Horizons
Center Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 2, 2016
Management is very unpredictable. If you cannot come into work because your car dies along with a belt snapping, they expect you to have another car right away so you can be there.
Educational experience
School-Age Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 2, 2016
Spending time with different age groups helps me further understand how to educate them in the future. I can start learning how to create age appropriate lesson plans.
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MINovember 2, 2016
I loved working at Bright Horizons. It was the job I was convinced I would retire. Unfortunately, this center was funded by Ford Motor Company and when FOMOCO experienced major cut backs in 2007, they closed their child care centers.
Bad management, unorganized administration
Infant Room Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2016
The management is horrible. The company can/will add your name to the do not rehire list if you decide to leave the company to advance in your career, or if they don't like you personally. The staff is easy to get along with, as well as the parents. Admin was unorganized. You never have supplies or planning time! Stay away! They expect you to come to work even if there is 12 feet of snow outside.
Pros
Parents
Cons
Short breaks, no advancement, favoritism
Supportive Environment for Inexperienced Childcare Workers
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 27, 2016
As a Camp Counselor, I had a lot of fun. Each day provided challenges both unique and routine. The Senior Counselors and Administrative staff were helpful and understanding. This was important because I had absolutely no experience in childcare. Even though I came in with no previous experience I finished the summer feeling like a pro. Both fortunately and unfortunately I was qualified to drive the buses on field trips. This lead to a fairly unique experience among my coworkers as I was the only driver who had never driven a bus before. The field trip policies regarding travel and planning were my savior and I never found myself in an unmanageable situation. All in all, I had a lot of fun and learned just how much of a joy children can be.
Pros
Field trips, free lunches
Cons
Occasionally difficult children, rainy days ruin most plans

Comment – December 1, 2016

Thank you for your feedback as a Camp Counselor for Bright Horizons! We are so glad to hear you had a positive experience and learned so much (even how to drive a bus! Definitely unique!). The skills and experience you gained, even just in organization, adaptability, and patience are so important for your growth as a professional in whatever field you choose. Thank you for all for the care you provided to children and families during your time with Bright Horizons!

Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 27, 2016
While working at this job I learned how to be a team player, communication skills, how to pay close attention to detail, documentation and time management skills
Fun and happy environment to work in
4K Assistant Teacher/School-age Teacher (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 26, 2016
I really like how the communication is here at Bright Horizons. I learned that everyday is a new day and have to keep moving. My co-workers are outstanding and we work hand in hand together making sure the day runs as smooth as possible for the children. The hardest part of the job is when we have a difficult situation that we can't figure out right away. The most enjoyable part is spending time with all the children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Reviews by Location