Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Worst Place I have ever worked.
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 17, 2017
Bright Horizons states that they are all about positive environments, they support their employees 100% and that everyone that works for them is apart of a big family.

I disagree. There are many people at Bright Horizons that get treated unfairly not only by the Leadership team and co-workers, but families as well. Some of the people that work there are actually kind-hearted but some are just down right rude. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Hour lunches, 15 minute breaks (depends on the location).
Cons
Leadership team and co-workers.
Job Details
Teacher Assistant/ Substitute (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJOctober 17, 2017
● Interacting frequently, affectionately, and respectfully with children
● Provided a variety of developmentally appropriate materials & activities for children
● Respond to parent/guardian comments and concerns with sensitivity, interest, and respect
● Participate actively in the teaching team through communication, collaboration and curriculum planning
● Provided care for children 6 weeks up to school age.
Bright Horizons can work on paying better
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2017
Bright Horizons is a great company but the pay for qualified teachers is not up to par. I have 24 years experience, an associates degree and I am am only getting 10.75 an hour.
Pros
Great program, curriculum, community
Cons
poor pay and compensation
LAA fun days with the children
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work providing excellent customer service to the parents. I have learned a lot while being employed at Bright Horizons. I have learned to be a good listener and always be positive, dealing with different personalities and cultures always smiling no matter the outcome. I have learned the rules and regulation dealing with small children.
Management is great, always willing to help out when needed. Weekly meetings to keep us informed what is going on in the center.
The workplace is very diverse you learn a lot about other cultures. We have international food week so the other cultures can display their food.
The best part is seeing the smiling faces on the children everyday leaning.
Pros
Have fun with the children
Cons
Teachers don't get paid very well
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 16, 2017
As a substitute teacher at Bright Horizons, I loved the flexibility with my schedule. The management was personable and were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job at times were adjusting to the various types of temperaments of the children in different classes. The most enjoyable part of my job were the friendships I made with my co-workers and seeing my precious babies grow and learn.
Productive and young environment
Senior Manager, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 16, 2017
Educational environment that made you feel as though you were really helping people, either individually or within large fortune 100 companies. Cyclical job made anticipating needs easy.
Great Place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 16, 2017
Bright Horizons is what started my career. I enjoyed every moment of working with the company. I had leadership that believed in me, taught me and pushed me to keep going.
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 16, 2017
Bright Horizons is a good place to work. As far as early childhood education settings go, Bright Horizons is a solid organization. Good management structure, solid procedures and systems, and excellent underlying values.
Poor Management, No Room to move up
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 14, 2017
While they promote that this a career choice that you can move up and strive with, they constistantly hired new people off the street instead of promoting perfectly capable candidates who were already working there. Management was very poor, you could never get the admin team to answer the phone, they would approve your time off and then forget about it when making the schedule, waited 2 hours for a bathroom break once because none of the 3 admins up front would come down to my room.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, The kids and their families
Cons
Poor management, salary, career advancement
Good experience But...
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 13, 2017
The facility was beautiful! The classrooms were nice and neat even with children playing and leaving toys all over. The staff was friendly and nice. But while I worked there the director was not a nice lady, so between her and my moving to north jersey I resigned.
not fair place
Property Analyst (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAOctober 10, 2017
the overall mission of the company does not match the managers mission. They will like the place to be driven by heart principles the the managers just do not care anymore.
Cons
Discrimination in the Accounting department
Went from small to big company and lost some of it's fun culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2017
The company has gone from a small office to a large office and is trying to hang on to its fun culture. They pay below the market rate but there is lots of room for advancement if you work hard.
Pros
Fast paced room for advancement
Cons
Do not always have work life balance & pay
Poor Management
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2017
Poor supervisory skills, gossip you never know where you are working or when you will be able to go on breaks. You cannot depend on leaving work on time- ever.
Work Place
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2017
Overall good work place. I learned to be very patient when working with children. Most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with the students we cared for.
Bright Horizons
Teacher (Float) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 6, 2017
Fun work and learning environment. Have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people and children. the center provides training for their employees. Management is very supportive of the employees.
rewarding work, appreciated
Cook/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAOctober 5, 2017
I work in the kitchen. It is hot, fast paced and sometimes chaotic. My co-workers are good people, my supervisor is great. I am single and rely on myself for income. After taxes and insurance my take home pay does not allow for any savings. I believe for the work I do, my wage is not high enough. I enjoy the children, they are my sanity. My age and health issues are not in compliance with the work I do.
Pros
great management, free meals, appreciation
Cons
wage not enough, kitchen is not made for the work involved
Professional, good benefits, opportunities to grow
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAOctober 4, 2017
A very professional and fun group of educators to work with. Our monthly meetings were timely and they provided dinner for the employees. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was working with a very diverse community and learning about others.
Pros
hours, benifits, and resources.
Cons
salary, outdoor equipment not maintained well.
Good learning environment
Support Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
Best part about the job is the kids and their families. Management can be a hit or miss depending on where you are located. Good experience though; would recommend
It's a fun place to work with loving kids and caring adults
Cook (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2017
I love working here it is one of the best jobs that I have ever had. Love all the people and kids, my co-workers a great and my boss is amazing. If you would want to work here you should apply today!!
High turnover
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILOctober 1, 2017
I worked here for about 10 months and about 60 people left within that time. Enrollment dropped and most people were unhappy. We walked thru the halls trying to cheer each other up. The kids were awful, there behavior was out of control due to the turnover. worst place I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Long days, inconsistent schedule, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.