Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employer Reviews

This is a very rewarding job in terms of working with children
Support Teacher (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 25, 2014
Pros: very rewarding working and making a difference in the lives of children
Cons: low pay
My experience at Bright Horizons was positive. I chose a job to work with children in order to make a difference. This job is very rewarding and allows you to give back and make a difference in the lives of young children. The atmosphere was good and I enjoyed working with my co-workers and young children. The only downside is the pay is very low.
Fun Work Place, Hours Not Consistent
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee), ConnecticutDecember 24, 2014
Though this workplace was fun, it lacks the leadership it needs.
It was an amazing experience
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 19, 2014
I have to say that the years that I spent at this company were great. I had the opportunity to travel for the company and it was amazing. I was able to move up in positions. I grew bonds with children and parents that I treasure and have today. The co workers were great and so were the directors.
Amazing
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), WatertownDecember 17, 2014
Amazing, it was a temporary job but the enviornment was friendly and amazing!
A warm and creative school center for the children/families and the teachers who work there
Primary Teacher (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 6, 2014
Along with caring and promoting independence and self-help skills for growing infants/toddlers to pre-kindergarten leveled children, teachers plan weekly curriculum based on interests of the children using hands-on project approach. Curriculum provides families to be in touch with what their children are doing at school and also allows them to be involved – more... in classroom activities or events. Teachers also provide day to day highlights specifically for each child that is to be brought home usually including their child's strengths or what they are currently working on that day. We also create newsletters monthly that illustrates all the events and projects our classroom has experienced. A typical classroom day would include plenty of outdoor play, sensory projects, creative art activities, sometimes field studies or field trips all depending on the type of curriculum we are focusing on that month. I have learned exponentially since working at Bright Horizons about interacting with children that best allow them to learn on their own. I learned how to work as a team with my co-teachers and allowing each teacher to use their strengths and supporting each other even during stressful times. I've learned how to also manage our time efficiently with the amount of prep time we are allowed that day, always planning ahead whether it is for curriculum, planning events, preparing children for activities, or even scheduling breaks for each teacher. I would say the most difficult part of the job is usually when a co-teacher(s) call in sick and having to manage the classroom with a substitute teacher(s) for the day who may not know how to deal with the children and is not familiar with classroom routines. I really enjoy working with children and creating new ways for them to learn. Finding support and respect from your co-teachers, families, and lead administration definitely makes a huge difference in a teacher's work performance. I love being involved in planning out curriculum with my teammates and thinking of fun and eventful ways that would really appeal to our kids and that would also have families be involved in what we are doing. I also appreciate that Bright Horizons have allowed teachers the freedom to create our curriculum as we fit for our children in the classrooms. Finally, I love witnessing the growth and development of our children and seeing that what we are teaching them has really made a difference in their lives. – less
I loved the kids and parents but management had poor professional skills and a lack of positivity for the teachers
Primary Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2014
Whatever these people are about.money not about.there so.callwd.heart principles
A great temporary job
Lead Kindergarten Prep Teacher (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 2, 2014
Pros: scheduling, benefits, families
Cons: breaks, lack of support, low wages
In the early stages of my career with this company I enjoyed the work environment, staff and wage. As I moved forward with the company and was promoted to lead teacher and ran my own classroom I began to no longer feel the same. I became over worked,stressed, unsupported and no longer felt I was paid enough for what I was expected to do.
Enjoyable place to work .
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix,azDecember 1, 2014
Pros: nice people great kids
Cons: hours
I enjoyed all the people i have been able to meet and work with ,
Productive work environment
Teacher (Current Employee), College Park, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: commute
This is a great company to work for I enjoy what I do. The staff is great and working with the awesome parents makes it a great experience.
Unorganized chaos
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Framingham, MANovember 29, 2014
I left this company because there was no room for advancement. I was one of about 15 people to leave during the summer. Their lack of professionalism and care towards their employees was disgraceful.
fun workplace
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJNovember 26, 2014
Pros: working with children all day
Cons: alternating schedule, long hours
A typical day at work included teaching the children healthy hygiene and eating habits. toileting and diapering. Following lesson plans, circle time, art, outdoor time, and lots of clean up. I love work with 2 year olds as well as infants and just loving them. Having a rotating schedule was difficult at times for making personal appointments. the schedule – more... did not come out until Friday and was never the same, for example one day you might work 730-630 and another day 330-630. – less
It has had its ups and down.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Des MoinesNovember 17, 2014
I love working with children and have done it for many years. In the last year it has went down hill because of our new management.
Not for professionals
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), MANovember 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers and families
Cons: pay, corporate management, lack of funds for classroom materials
Horrible company. All about making money. If your center isn't making enough money, corporate will close you down. The pay is
Ridiculous and "teachers" are not even qualified. If you have a degree in education, this is not the place for you. I also noticed in their online job description that they practice the "Regio-Emelio approach"?? If you can't – more... even spell it correctly, I doubt that you even know what it is, I'm embarrassed to have even worked there as long as I did. – less
A great place to help children grow and learn
Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Collins, CONovember 8, 2014
Each child has different needs depending on their development level, and this job provides great experience.
A fun place to work with great teachers onstaff
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: near water
Cons: long walk from metro
A typical day of work would be coming in getting the class ready for the day. Meet with my team and talk about the day. Teacher the children the lesson for the day. Then send the kids home. I learned how to be a stronger teacher and my communication skills have improved. The management is very hands off they put a lot of trust in the teachers. My co-workers – more... make this job great. The hardest part of this job is dealing with some of the parents. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the kids. – less
Great company to work for
Associate Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
The system is great and works well with its employees.

The administration in the center i work for is very helpful and engages with the teachers and kids in the classrooms a majority of the day.
Poor Management
Teacher (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 1, 2014
BH is all about the image they present to the parents. The management is very poor, they do not treat their teachers with respect or kindness. It is not a team player environment. They are accredited by the National Early Childhood Association however when the evaluators are there they present a different center and ratio. After the evaluation (which – more... accredits the center for five years) they go back to state ratios. The management favors certain staff, morale is low, and it is not a fun or nurturing environment, unfortunately. If you choose to work there, good luck! – less
Good starter job
Associate Teacher (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: working with children, some of the centers have nice facilities
Cons: high turnover, low pay
This is a good short term job, but not definitely not what I want to build a career on. The starting pay is low even if you have a college degree. And, there is a lot of turnover/transferring going on. When numbers are low, you could be asked to go to another center in the area with little warning.
primary infant teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta Georgia paces ferry locationOctober 29, 2014
Pros: cafeteria is awesome. co workers ban together and help each other
Cons: problems with ratio. .. to much miscommunication between staff and administrative team
Currently still working at for bright horizons but I have put up with so much stress and foolishness that I have decided to be a substitute, for I can't handle anymore of the garbage that goes on there. Administration will tell you one thing but you get different info from someone from the same team. They leave you put of ratio where you almost have – more... to beg to the restroom. Every day there's a new rule they have you doing so much you really can't focus or interact with the kids which should be the main priority. All of this and hardly no money.
Only way your going to move up in the company is to kiss but or not speak how you feel. It's just to many chiefs and not enough Indians – less
Bright Horizons Family Center
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Renton, WA>October 28, 2014
Bright Horizons is a fantastic environment to work and to have your child attend. The children who attend are well-prepared for school and experience a vast environment with hands-on learning.

The staff are very friendly and the company is constantly keeping up to date on training for all employees. You will feel right at home when your children attend!

1 2 3 4 5

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions® is a leading provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos