Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Teacher (Former Employee), Madison, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: long lunch 401 k ok benefits
Cons: hours was to long
learned to be Patience when working with kids
Management was very understand
Co-workers were great!
hardest part was the pay and hours.
enjoyable was the events and the children
The most enjoyable job I have had yet.
Teacher (Former Employee), Iowa City, IASeptember 13, 2014
I learned a lot about child development as well as classroom management. I also gained a ton of time management skills from this job.
corporate childcare
Director (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYSeptember 11, 2014
a daycare setting as opposed to an academic setting which is what I was looking for - long hours with little room for advancement
Bright horzions was a great company to work for.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: it was close in location
Cons: mangement changed
Lead Teacher
(Bright Horizons Family Solutions,) Memphis, TN, 1996/2012
- Practice positive discipline techniques in guiding children’s behavior according to developmentally appropriate Guidelines for Positive Discipline
- Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum which reflects observations and assessments of individual children and goals – more... jointly developed with parents.
Design an environment that responds to children’s individual developmental levels, physical and emotional needs and current interest
` Keep environment and equipment safe, clean and attractive. – less
Unfortunate.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits with corporate partnerships.
Cons: slow professional growth and low salary.
I have learned after being with this company for seven years how difficult it has been to professionally grow in addition to the poor work ethic displayed by fellow colleagues.
Unfortunate.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits with corporate partnerships.
Cons: slow professional growth and low salary.
Fun place.
Contract Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: teaching/helping children develop skills.
Cons: low pay for teachers.
It was fun working with children. Management always helped out when classes were short a teacher. Co-workers were helpful when you asked them about regulations or the children in class.
always up to date with current changes in childcare
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, room to grow with the company, transfer possibilities
I worked for Bright Horizons for over 19 years. My reason for leaving was only because the center closed and no other Bright horizons in the area.
Great Place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 3, 2014
I worked with Bright Horizons for nearly 3 years and would still be with them had I not moved, they are a great company. They care about employees and provide many training and growth opportunities.
Communication
Teacher (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 26, 2014
In a perfect world communication between admin and teaching staff would be much better.
Great place if you love children
Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Cary, NCAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, decent pay for field
Cons: high management turnover, overly strict managment
For those looking for a job in early childhood development, Bright Horizons is a great place to be. The benefits are great and you can make great friends in the like-minded people you work with. Lasting relationships can also be forged with the families that come through your classrooms.

The management in my location changed quite a lot and a place – more... that was once a joy to get ready to go to in the morning became a not-so-nice place to work. I love my babies, families, and coworkers dearly, but I do not wish to stay somewhere that I am not happy to be every day. – less
Fun staff but management was awful
Toddler Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Wayland, MAAugust 24, 2014
It's really fun to work with the kids, but the supervisors were rude, pretentious, and patronizing.
Great place to work at
Business Manager (Current Employee), Arlington VAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: challenging experience
Cons: heavy work load
My experience at Bright Horizons Family Solutions has been an adventure. The busy schedule and the constant demand of the changing landscape of my job responsibilities allow me to learn, challenge myself and work in areas I haven't been exposed to in the past.
It is a fun filled atmosphere and co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Serene atmosphere, organization that genuinely cares for children/families
LEAD TODDLER TEACHER (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: professional development, classroom management, fun environment, free lunches
Cons: unstable administration team, poor pay increases, lack of growth an development
Typical day is fun, energetic, and fast-paced at times. I have learned efficient classroom management skills, being diligent in working in the classroom, and how to be effective in teaching the curriculum. Management is usually supportive, however it needs more stern and reliable people. Most coworkers are great to work with and their attitudes are – more... mildly pleasant. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with parents whose children are not familiar with a child care setting (some are more demanding). The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing those young faces each and every day and knowing that my teaching efforts have not gone unnoticed... – less
Working as a team makes the job better. You have the support you need.
Teacher (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: everyone worked as a team.
Cons: not enough time to work on lesson plans during the day.
I would go to work at 11:30 to 6:30. I took care of babies. I did activities with them. Each child is different in personalities and needs. The Administration encouraged the staff to be the best you could be. Co-workers also were encouragers. The hardest part of the job was when all the babies were crying and needed something. But we got through it. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the babies grow mentally and physically. – less
needs improvement
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge MaAugust 12, 2014
Pros: close to home, happy staff members
Cons: short breaks, not a lot of coverage
Bright Horizons is overall a good place to work. There are however many things that need improvement and the center I was at. They recently got a new director and has slowly been improving.
A day at bright horizons
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at bright horizon is actually a great experience if you love working with children. Its a time were you get to educate the children and watch them grow and use the knowledge you presented to them. Here at bright horizons we work well as a team. The hardest part of the job is having to watch children have their accidents and the most enjoyable – more... part is to share a wonderful experience with children. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Infant Teacher/ Designated Director (Current Employee), Evanston, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: family, friendly environment
Cons: doesn't pay good
I love working here. It is a great environment with good teachers.
Other Bright Horizons centers are probably better than this one
Resource Teacher (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great children and families, nice co-workers
Cons: no vacation time allowed, poor management
To the families that come here, the center is wonderful. As an employee, less so. It is nearly impossible to get any vacation time. The way staff members are treated is very unequal, preferential and clique-y. The way staff members are hired is also very unequal; people with less qualifications are sometimes put into high positions than more qualified – more... workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the kids. The lease enjoyable part is the lack of professionalism in management. – less
I believe that children learn best when we build on their individual strengths
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2014
Actively engage with children through out the day teaching practices that guide each child's social, physical, emotional, and cognitive development, creating a joyful classroom.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

With Bright Horizons Family Solutions, kids learn while parents earn. The firm operates hundreds of workplace child care centers – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos