Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Dependent on the center you work at
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 23, 2016
Not all BH centers are the same. The center I work at is a mess so I do not enjoy my time here. Other centers are/may be better. However, the one thing that is highly disappointing is the vacation/sick hours given. As a newly hired employee, you must wait 3 months to begin receiving vacation hours. Even when that begins, the accrual is extremely slow. If you're a retired teacher or in college, this is probably the job for you. You can pick up random days as a substitute. If you're a kid contemplating about finishing your bachelors-finish it! You do not get the time off/benefits traditional teachers get.
Lively workplace that keeps you busy
Janitorial/Job coach (Former Employee) –  Craigsville, WVAugust 10, 2016
Working with clients for janitorial was the best part of my job, guiding and communicating is an experience that's rewarding to find. The worst part of my job at this particular branch was my co-workers unfortunately. I felt that there was a lot of favoritism in the management, and people were being forced to do jobs assigned to other employees as well as their own jobs. Although my experience was not as positive as hoped I did learn a lot of new job skills, which at the end of the day makes it rewarding and worth it.
Productive work place
Student Teaching (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 17, 2016
Meet the criteria of both parents and child through daily communication on goals and expectations. Daily reports, observations, feed back and implementing curriculum each and ever day while also maintain a full classroom of seven infants. Keeping an everyday schedule for each individual child and speaking to the caregiver. Speaking to administration on a daily basis on implanting new ideas for the program and building as a whole. Building up team work through the other associates to bring together in order to get to know one another and focus and listen to each other's mindset and goals for each classroom.
Pros
Good teaching experienece
Cons
Short Breaks
Youth Councelor
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 21, 2016
Provide a fun environment of middle school children afterschool. First children will have to finish their homework and then enter into extracurricular activity until their picked up by their parents.

I was a college student during this time so management was very understanding of this.

My coworkers and I worked as a team to provide safety and a fun environment for the students.

The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the students and making an impact in their lives.
Pros
Free ticket to adentureland
Cons
no health care
I learned a lot at Bright Horizons, however management is not working together with the employees which causes concerns.
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJuly 10, 2016
I have learned a lot from Bright Horizons, however, the pay is low regardless of education and experience. I have a BS degree in Psychology, and MS degree in Family Psychology. In addition, I have a MS Certificate in Human Resource Management and 3 years of experience working early childhood development. My co-workers are very nice and we work together as a team most of the time. We are always short of staff and work longer hours than our tour of duty.
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
commute to work is too long, low pay, management issues, high turn-over rate.
Fun Place to work
Substitute Teacher - Program Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2016
When working with infants and toddlers, there is never a dull moment. There needs take utmost priority. It is always good to be involve in a child's learning development. I believe that Bright Horizons create that foundational experience for learning before the child enters the school system.

I enjoy working with Bright Horizons employees and it is always a team effort making the children needs first.

The enjoyable part of Bright Horizons would be to look at see the development from infancy to preschool knowing that I made an impact in their life and educational journey.
Pros
The adorable children
Cons
The pay scale.
Great place to work at
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJune 27, 2016
Everyday is always different, coming into work seeing my infants is a joy. I do my best to make sure all families feel welcomed and happy knowing their child is in good hands. Management couldn't be better, they make you feel like family and always tend to anyone's needs. he hardest part about this job is seeing a child transition into the next room knowing they no longer will be in your class. I enjoy watching children grow and learn new things.
Pros
great healthcare, great team
Cons
n/a
Organized work environment.
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 8, 2016
Very busy work place with great people. Lots of paperwork for teachers to get done with not a ton of time to do it but overall a pretty steady work flow. I had a great relationship with staff and people on the admin team. I feel like I have learned many skills while working in this field but I am now looking to move forward.
Pros
great work environment and nice people.
Cons
30 min breaks, not enough time for paperwork, pay too low
Great place to start as a teacher.
Floater (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 15, 2016
I really enjoy working at Bright Horizons in Easton PA, but the drive was just too much to do 4-5 days a week. I have found my co-workers to be very supportive of me as a male working there. The hardest part of the job was remembering the routines to both classrooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children. Management was very supportive of staff. a typical day always varied for me because I was a floater.
Pros
Good Benefits and was in a nice neighborhood.
Cons
They are very rigged.
Don't Work Here
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bright Horizons at Midtown DetroitMay 26, 2016
This Company Managements Sucks Save Yourself And Find Something Better. I Worked For This Company For Almost Two Years And They Are Some Sneaky People And They Don't Tell You Everything That's Going On At First It's All Good And Then When You Hit Rock Bottom They Will Throw It In Your Face. I'm So Glad I Quit On Them My Life Is So Much Better And I'm Happy As Ever. Invest In Another Company If You Want Genuine Success. Sometimes you get 15min break 30min break depending on how we were staffed. They hang up on you if you call if and they get mad it's just horrible
Pros
Cons
Can't keep fully staffed people

Comment – June 14, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Bright Horizons is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families. In order to do this, we strive to create a positive environment for all our employees so they are supported and enabled to do their best at work; I am sorry to hear that this was not your experience and would like to ensure that your concerns are addressed. We take concerns over management very seriously. If you are open to sharing more specific details about your time at Bright Horizons, please reach out to wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

Horrible Place to Work!
Full Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 22, 2016
Do not work for this company. At first, I was excited to work there but it was not worth it. The reservation system is outdated and unreliable. They have an inbound and outbound team and these two teams hardly communicate. Very confusing process for both internal employees and Clients. ZERO team work! They offer internship among departments but only 1hr per week. The QA process and forms are inconsistent and constantly changing. The in home care service is horrible. The pay is BAD.
Pros
Families
Cons
Computer system, enrollment process.
Typical first job- very fun!
Contact Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 18, 2016
I worked at LifeTime Café full time while I was working towards graduating high school. As it was majority co-workers my age it was a very fun yet professional work environment. Management within the café was very relaxed yet productive, and alone I often worked with the manger to open on the weekends as I worked the full operational hours on these two days. I found this job most enjoyable as I was able to interact with all of the customers and could do my best to and see their reaction as I provided them with the best customer service I could provide. I learned at this job, as it was my first, how to work with all types of people, and how to interact face to face with each and every customer.
Fun and Loving Environment
ASOOCIATE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 24, 2016
I love doing what I do and working with children. Bright Horizons is a very good company to work for to get your feet off of the ground and head in the right direction if teaching is what you want to do in your career.
Pros
Learning experience, fun environment, friendly parents
Cons
Could have better benefits, Does not pay their teachers what they deserve
Great Leadership
Contact Center Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
The leadership was supportive of you, your goals, and committed to your growth. I started out as a customer service representative and had the opportunity to move up into a manager role through my hard work and dedication to the company. The management team was supportive of my goals and provided me the direction needed to move forward.
Great Company
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 16, 2016
My day at work is a routine. I know what to do and I try my best. It is a great opportunity to work around children and being able to teach them is an amazing experience. To observe their grow and being able to help them is what makes my day. I have learned so much since my first day there: multi-tasks, supervision of children by sight and sound, team work,etc. I love my co worker and I have a great relationship with her. The hardest part of my day is the lifting of my two years old to do the diapering all day long and the changes of their behavior constantly. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my children learn, grow, the attachment I have with them, the relationship I have with them, with the parents and co workers. I love what I do besides the low wage.
Pros
Health Care, 401k, Vacation and holidays.
Cons
low wage and lake of management.
Great Job for Individuals who love working with children of all ages.
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2016
The days were full of cheer as the co- teacher and I prepared the classroom for drop offs. Bright Horizon helped me to see that parents have their own cultural way of parenting. Sharing responsibility of caring for children with my co teacher was a great experience. I enjoyed my co workers, especially my co teacher. It can be hard learning new material after you have become comfortable with a certain way, but when you understand that its a necessary change its not so hard anymore. I truly loved going to work each morning to see the children's bright smiling faces. Teaching Children and watching them imitate your actions is the best feeling in the world ( Reading a book at circle time, and observing them grab a book to recreate the event).

Comment – June 14, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience as a former Bright Horizons teacher! It is great to hear that you were able to embrace change and expand your own knowledge while at work. It sounds as though you were truly able to find the joy in what you do and please know that all your hard work is appreciated. It is teachers like you who make Bright Horizons such a special place for children and their families - and also a great place for employees to learn and grow at the same time!

Unable to use my benefits
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2016
This company is not what they advertise. Schools and corporate office hardly communicate, and the space is only granted for those full time enrolled children/families. Their back up plan benefit is only for those enrolled full time children. Their system is always crashing down and on top of that 85% of their process is manual and cumbersome. Please be aware! This is a benefit through employment however you have to spend a lot of time over the phone to locate a school with space for your children. It is not worth it!
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Never space available and a benefit that cannot be used
A wonderful place to work
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
I had an amazing experience working at Bright Horizons. I learned how to be the best person I can be for others (the children). I matured and grew as an individual each day. I interacted with children of different ages and created fun, educating, and engaging activities for the children. My bosses were extremely fair in treatment of their employees and put the center first. The hardest part was the unstable paycheck as well as the schedule change each week. The most enjoyable part was every single day spending with the children and watching them grow.
Pros
I enjoyed my job
Cons
Short breaks, no vacations
Family Like, & Understanding
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
Bright Horizons was the first real company I've worked for. I loved the family atmosphere they provided and the kindness they gave.

I developed a lot of patience while working for bright horizons. I learned how to work with people, especially unstable people that did not know what they were doing (i.e. children). I learned how to tolerate every type of person an how to accommodate them as well.

My management and coworkers were very professional and contributed to my journey as becoming a mature adult.

The hardest art of the job was being patient, especially at the beginning. working with different types of children can be overwhelming but at the same time rewarding.

The most enjoying part of working with Bright Horizons was the general atmosphere. Everyone was so friendly and understanding. I would go back if i ever needed an immediate thing to do.
Management treating people like slaves not employees.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 29, 2016
The people, parents and kids are good. Management runs the place very poorly. There were days you wouldn't get breaks and when you did it was an hour before it was time to go home. It is very difficult to even get a bathroom break. You call the front and they simply ignore your call. It is up to you to flag someone in the hallway to relieve you. Several incidents didn't get reported to licencing because of their active red flag. My advice go somewhere else.
Pros
good benefits, families are great.
Cons
no breaks, no set schedule, people being treated like slaves

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Reviews by Location