Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work with a friendly atmosphere and great employees
Child-Care Teacher (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere, good pay
Cons: Stressful, long days
Bright Horizons was my first big job, and it was a great experience. Sometimes it could be stressful working with 20+ little kids that were ages 5-12, but it truly was a joy to work with them. The management at the center is great, and they were so encouraging to me throughout my time there.
Nice place to work
Transition Teacher (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 23, 2015
Pay was a little low but most childcare centers are not going to pay you much. They offered good benefits which was a plus and I loved my coworkers, kids and their families. It was a nice place to work. I am currently a teacher at an elementary school but would come back and work here in the summer.
I am sick a lot
Teacher (Current Employee), Abbott Park, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: Mgmt, is ok, room for advancement
Cons: Big facility; gets sick a lot
The one I work at is huge and I am always getting sick..what good is that if I am hardly ever there? Germs are everywhere. There are 160 prechoolers there alone! Not to mention the babies, and the toddlers.
Productive, supportive company.
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Supportive environment, opportunity to deal with many types of individuals.
Cons: Dealing with state agencies
Fast paced environment dealing with all aspects of operations for 5 child care centers in three states. My day varies dealing with HR issues, customer service needs and educational and program implementation. The job offers a lot of flexibility and opportunities for creativity.
Great place to work and interact with kids.
Teacher- Assistant, Substitute (Current Employee), High Point, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, The children and co workers.
Cons: Bad healthcare, Hours and management
Working with children everyday is going to be different, i love the children and my co workers. They are fun and inviting and made me feel welcome as soon as i started. The hardest part of the job is the management, I do feel as though there is allot of discrimination towards me for various reasons. All and all its a great place to work, just wish it was more fair.
Great Quality programs
Director (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Low ratio
Cons: planning time
I enjoyed working with a diverse group of individuals. They are committed to being a Diverse company and has been nominated as the great place to work.
Work and fun with children
Office Manager (Current Employee), Fort BelvoirApril 15, 2015
A fast pace job with something new and exciting always happening. The team I work with is more like a family then a group of strangers. The bonds that I have formed with the children and their parents is very rewarding.
nice place to work
Resource Teacher (Former Employee), columbus, ohioApril 15, 2015
Loved my job as a resource teacher! Management was very hands on and cared about the staff, parents and kids. Great start to building your career.
Energetic work environment, but lacking in staff support
Teacher (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, rewarding experiences
Cons: Lack of support from management, poor staffing
A typical workday consists of setting up snacks, lunches, cots for nap, group activities, and diapering. I've learned a great deal about time management and how to work efficiently because every minute counts with children! The most enjoyable part of this job is watching the children grow, and celebrating these milestones with their families. The most difficult part of this job is the lack of support and under-staffing from management. I love working with my coworkers, and haven't met a group of more caring and dedicated individuals at any other place of employment.
Great place that cared about the kids
Pre School Teacher (Former Employee), St Louis, MOApril 11, 2015
Pros: off weekends and holidays, insurance, diversity of people
Cons: The drive (I drove 2 hours to and from work)
At this job I was around a diverse group of people from several different cultures which I highly enjoyed. I made a few life long friends also. I enjoyed the children, watching them grow and learn. The company was good and I would consider working for them again if I could utilize my degree there. The hardest part of my job was not taking it home with me. I would worry about the kids if they had been sick or gotten hurt and I also worked on lesson plans at home. I really enjoyed learning about the different cultures of the families, it helped in understanding why some had different ideas on child rearing. I was sad when the location I was working closed but I chose to pursue a new path by going to work at the hospital.
An great place to work, awesome co workers, families and children.
Childcare Teacher/ Cook (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 10, 2015
Pros: The team building exercises, fun days and all co workers working together on a project.
Cons: The closing of classroom due to not enough children at the center.
A typical day at work for me would be to arrive early and make sure the classroom was ready to start the day.
After clocking I would go to the opening room to see if any of my children had arrived and if so sign them out and head to our room. If I didn't have any children, I would ask the teachers if they needed anything and if they did help them with whatever it was. I would then go to my classroom and prepare the centers, changing area and bathrooms for the day.
When the children would arrive I would greet them with a hug and welcome the parent and ask them how their morning was going. The parent and I would briefly discuss the child's night and morning and say our goodbyes.
The children would have some quiet activities to do while music was playing in the background until the other children would arrive. Before breakfast we would go to the carpet for a quick good morning to each other, wash our hands and sit down for breakfast. The children would serve breakfast family style.
After breakfast the children would empty their plates, wash hands and faces, use the bathroom or get their diaper changes and head to the carpet for circle time.
During circle time we sang songs, listened to stories and answered the question of the day. After circle time the children would pick a center where they wanted to go or if it was our commons or outside time we would do that instead.
After our morning activities it was time to get ready for lunch and then naptime. During naptime I would prepare what was needed for the next day's activities. When naptime was over – more... it was time for snack, afternoon activities and wait my the parents to pick up their child.
When a parent came into the room to pick up their child they were greeted, asked about their day and told about their child's day. Goodbyes were said and then time to clean the room.
While working at Bright Horizon's I have made lifelong friends with my co-workers and the management. I know that if I ever need anything form them all I would have to do is ask. The families that I have met will be apart of my life forever and I even stay in contact with the families to see how the children are doing.
The hardest part of this job is watching the children you have in your classroom move onto another classroom and calling a parent to tell them that their child has gotten hurt or is sick.
The most enjoyable part of this job is watching the children learn and grow each day. When you see a child's eyes light up when they have accomplished something is a wonderful feeling! – less
I loved working with children
Teacher (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJApril 8, 2015
Pros: Spending the day with children and watching them learn and grow
Cons: It was no doubt exhausting!
A typical day with a room full of two year olds was exciting. I would start by reviewing lesson plans and setting up tools for the day. We followed a strict schedule which is a necessity with young children. I learned that my passion for working with children was strong and i now channel that by being a mom of two. I learned that my disposition and that of my co-workers played a major role in how the childrens days went. I had the pleasure of working alongside a woman who taught me what patience and love really was. There were days that I couldn't have made it through with out her. I still keep in touch with some of the family's whose children I had in those classes and they are now teenagers. The relationships i built with those families was without a doubt the best part of that job. The hardest part were the days where nothing went right, plans fell through and we just would wing it but indefinitely they ended up being the most memorable.
One of the best places to work for
Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 7, 2015
Bright Horizons' standards of care and professionalism will prepare you to work anywhere. Benefit packages and professional growth are a major plus for working with this company.
Children learn during play
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), New YorkApril 1, 2015
Great place for children to learn through play. It is not teacher child directed, where the teacher plans the activity of what they want to do, the children have an opportunity to pick the choices and centers they want to learn/play at it.
Productive and fun workplace
Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
The company provides a variety of tools to ensure you excel in whatever position you are in. The executive team set realistic goals and challenges you when the opportunities arise.

The most enjoyable part of the job is implementing new initiatives that focus on the developmental needs of children.
Not the best place to work.
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 28, 2015
There is a lot of favoritism at this company. If you are one of the directors favorite you will get away with anything. Very unprofessional place to work.
Okay place to work-not a good career choice
Staff Member (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free occasional lunch for teachers, the company pays for office associate lunches, Company purchasing perks, some holidays off and few shortened days.
Cons: Work demands, constantly being moved from class to class, lack of communication between staff and associates, district office and upper management handles confidentiality and reporting issues poorly, job security
The teachers are often working off the clock at home to complete job demands. At work, there are not enough associates to come and give planning time so the teachers' job demands may be done on the clock and only some teachers get an hour and a half to two hour window each day to try and get as much done as possible. You learn a lot as far as what the parents expect out of their children and you as a teacher, but even parents begin to demand things out of staff members that is beyond correcting or even making possible. Management has been getting somewhat better, but people in the office have often talked down about employees for simply asking for bathroom breaks and things they needed. Often times concerns are brought to light in meetings but set aside for more "important" things. The staff members are some of the most dedicated and hard working people that clearly do not get compensated well enough. The hardest part of the job is having so many demands pushed on the teachers to complete on time in order to not get "talked to or written up." Basically, this job is treated as a salaried position (with boards and online assessments) (having to research and post Illinois State Standards) without the compensatory salary. The most enoyable part of the job is the children and the gifts that many gracious parents bestow upon the teachers.
Fun place to work with amazing benefits
Toddler Teacher/Certified Infant/Toddler Teacher (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: inspiring the children and benefits
I am constantly on my toes working in the toddler room. The children keep me busy. I have amazing co-workers that make the day go by quicker.
BH
Art Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta GAMarch 23, 2015
Great place to work with many opportunities to grow and learn within the company. friendly work environment and great staff and administration team.
Great Place to Work!
Resource Teacher (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 23, 2015
I loved working here! The people were always friendly, an all around great place to work. And also the children were very well mannered so it was a breeze to come to work everyday!

1 2 3 4 5

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a leading provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, back-up – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Salaries

Toddler Teacher
$11.92 per hour

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos

Outdoor learning experiences...
The First Week of School @AML 2009~Ms. Audrey's Class.