Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employer Reviews

Great place if you love children
Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Cary, NCAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, decent pay for field
Cons: high management turnover, overly strict managment
For those looking for a job in early childhood development, Bright Horizons is a great place to be. The benefits are great and you can make great friends in the like-minded people you work with. Lasting relationships can also be forged with the families that come through your classrooms.

The management in my location changed quite a lot and a place – more... that was once a joy to get ready to go to in the morning became a not-so-nice place to work. I love my babies, families, and coworkers dearly, but I do not wish to stay somewhere that I am not happy to be every day. – less
Fun staff but management was awful
Toddler Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Wayland, MAAugust 24, 2014
It's really fun to work with the kids, but the supervisors were rude, pretentious, and patronizing.
Great place to work at
Business Manager (Current Employee), Arlington VAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: challenging experience
Cons: heavy work load
My experience at Bright Horizons Family Solutions has been an adventure. The busy schedule and the constant demand of the changing landscape of my job responsibilities allow me to learn, challenge myself and work in areas I haven't been exposed to in the past.
It is a fun filled atmosphere and co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Serene atmosphere, organization that genuinely cares for children/families
LEAD TODDLER TEACHER (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: professional development, classroom management, fun environment, free lunches
Cons: unstable administration team, poor pay increases, lack of growth an development
Typical day is fun, energetic, and fast-paced at times. I have learned efficient classroom management skills, being diligent in working in the classroom, and how to be effective in teaching the curriculum. Management is usually supportive, however it needs more stern and reliable people. Most coworkers are great to work with and their attitudes are – more... mildly pleasant. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with parents whose children are not familiar with a child care setting (some are more demanding). The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing those young faces each and every day and knowing that my teaching efforts have not gone unnoticed... – less
Working as a team makes the job better. You have the support you need.
Teacher (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: everyone worked as a team.
Cons: not enough time to work on lesson plans during the day.
I would go to work at 11:30 to 6:30. I took care of babies. I did activities with them. Each child is different in personalities and needs. The Administration encouraged the staff to be the best you could be. Co-workers also were encouragers. The hardest part of the job was when all the babies were crying and needed something. But we got through it. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the babies grow mentally and physically. – less
needs improvement
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge MaAugust 12, 2014
Pros: close to home, happy staff members
Cons: short breaks, not a lot of coverage
Bright Horizons is overall a good place to work. There are however many things that need improvement and the center I was at. They recently got a new director and has slowly been improving.
A day at bright horizons
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at bright horizon is actually a great experience if you love working with children. Its a time were you get to educate the children and watch them grow and use the knowledge you presented to them. Here at bright horizons we work well as a team. The hardest part of the job is having to watch children have their accidents and the most enjoyable – more... part is to share a wonderful experience with children. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Infant Teacher/ Designated Director (Current Employee), Evanston, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: family, friendly environment
Cons: doesn't pay good
I love working here. It is a great environment with good teachers.
Other Bright Horizons centers are probably better than this one
Resource Teacher (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great children and families, nice co-workers
Cons: no vacation time allowed, poor management
To the families that come here, the center is wonderful. As an employee, less so. It is nearly impossible to get any vacation time. The way staff members are treated is very unequal, preferential and clique-y. The way staff members are hired is also very unequal; people with less qualifications are sometimes put into high positions than more qualified – more... workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the kids. The lease enjoyable part is the lack of professionalism in management. – less
I believe that children learn best when we build on their individual strengths
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2014
Actively engage with children through out the day teaching practices that guide each child's social, physical, emotional, and cognitive development, creating a joyful classroom.
Bright Horizons
Teacher (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 6, 2014
Great company to work for. I have learned so much through monthly trainings and well as online trainings.

August 12, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We think Bright Horizons is a great place to work, and are glad to hear that you do too!

Friendly staff and relazed enviroment
Infant teacher (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 5, 2014
-Took care of basic needs of infant/toddlers
-informed of childcare procedures and trainings
- friendly and knowledgeable staff
- low pay
- seeing loving and smiling faces each day
Interesting Workplace
Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Citi Family Center, 32225August 4, 2014
Clock in and you are now a number. I learned Gold teaching strategies. Management is poor and ill educated. Co workers were wonderful. Hardest part of the job was getting management to realize that leaving us out of ratio and putting a new teacher in the room everyday is not beneficial to the children. Enjoyable part was working with the children.
It all depends on your center!!!!
Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Newark, NJAugust 1, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement, short lunch breaks, & micro-management
The few years that I was there was pretty good. I met some amazing people, some I am still friends with till this day. The management at my center sucked because she basically didn't know how to communicate with her staff. She wanted everything to be done her way. Even some of the parents would have a problem with her at times.
She was able to leave – more... early, but when an emergency came down for me she told me that I was in violation of company policy. I would just say be very careful of what's going on at your center. – less
Co workers are really fun to get to know
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2014
The center I work at in particular is in a great location with great families but the management is not up to par.
A wonderful teaching experience
Primary Early Preschool Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: not enough team meetings
Implemeningt a fun curriculum and learning with the children was the best part of my day.
Pretty Good
Kindergarten Prep Teacher (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2014
Good for working moms. Working with children is always a pleasure,
Great people!
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), South San FranciscoJuly 28, 2014
Great way to grow and educate children.
Awesome people it feels like your family and your just helping them out. Everyday with children does not feel like work it feels like your just playing with them and just guiding them and helping their family grow.
It's a rewarding job.
Great work place environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 27, 2014
Very diverse environment. Great and friendly place to work.
Excellent for Children, Not for Adults
Teacher (Current Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 25, 2014
A nice place, but not for someone with an actual teaching certificate. The pay is lower, and you cannot live on the salary that you make there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

With Bright Horizons Family Solutions, kids learn while parents earn. The firm operates hundreds of workplace child care centers – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos