Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employer Reviews

beautiful center, loved my co-workers
Infant program Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: very stressful environment, i had to take a lot of work home.
I was an education coordinator for the infant program.

The lady before me was let go and the staff had an instant dislike to me.

The director would have weekly meetings with the teachers and ask about me
I had to write a staff up for putting a child in danger and I got in trouble for it.
Very stressful environment, I always had to bring my work home to finish because I was in the classroom everyday.

The director would call parents inappropriate names when we would have our monthly meetings. I was, and the other 2 education coordinators as well, were horrified. I left, and one of the coordinator retired, and the last one quit, they could not take it any more either.

Director and assistant director would never come and help in the classroom.
Fun Workplalce
Child Care Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company because the staff was great, as well as the parents and students. The place always made me feel welcomed.
overall they not always in compliance with their compnay reles
Teacher (Former Employee), Houston,Texas 77007February 25, 2015
Pros: 1 hr.lunch rarely took one
Cons: no breaks accept for bathroom
Do not wish to discuss. Was burned out in teaching. want to do something different. The pay was very low as well what was expected in my work duties.
Great Company
Teacher (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: healthcare, pay
Great company to work for. Our Management team is amazing and do there best to keep our center up and running. I recommend anyone in childcare to def try and work for this company
A Rewarding position that made me want to advance my career!
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Indianapolis IndianaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: everyday i got to touch the lives of 140 students, also i got to mentor and train 25 wonderful staff members.
Cons: lack of support from corporate
This was an awarding job that filled my heart with joy. I loved every aspect of working with the children and with the staff. My typical day consisted of being in and out of the classrooms supporting my staff and the children. I also ran the daily operations of the center to ensure the safety and happiness of my staff and children.I complied to all state regulations and ensured that my staff was up to date and aware of all state policies. I conducted multiple staff meeting to ensure that all employees were trained and up to date on Bright Horizons Polices.
Productive and fun workplace
Teacher (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, working lunch
Cons: healthcare, leave
I really love working at this company. I love my families as well as my co workers.I love how they work with you if you are going to school to better yourself. I also alive the trainings that we do it is always fun and interactive,
love it
Teacher (Current Employee), Plainsboro, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: staff appreciation
Cons: 10 hour work days make it hard to be a parent of school aged children.
Bright Horizons is such a wonderful company to work for. I believe in its philosophies in early child education. I have learned so much from being on this team.
I love the teacher fun loving enviorment
Infant Primary teacher (Current Employee), Everett, WAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: paid trainings
Cons: health care isnt not the best, not able to take time off when needed to get doctor appointments
I love working for Bright Horizons it has giving me so much with working on my eCDA and the family company.In the last year the center has gone through some management changes.Not at of room to have time off.I get to work with amazing ladies and I still get to work with children.I have worked at Bright Horizons for a long time I never been apart of such a amazing company.
Productive and Fun Working Environment.
Toddler Associate Teacher (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: children's smiles
Cons: free time
Rewarding Work. Creating new and exciting experience for young children. Easy going work environment; everyone is helpful and friendly. Great for growth within the company.
great place to work
Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2015
BHFS is a great place to work and provides opportunities to grow and learn in the field of child development. They also provide great benefits including health coverage, dental coverage, vision and 401K to name a few. We also benefit from bright bargains which is comparable to groupon for employees. The hardest part of the job is all of the paperwork necessary to complete the job requirements with minimal time outside of the classroom as is the case with most high quality child care programs. Lets face it, the children need us! The most enjoyable part about the job is creating an environment conducive to learning for the children and being able to partner with families to help children learn life skills to succeed in school and life. BHFS has taught me everything a book cant teach. Most of my practical experience comes from the time i have invested at BHFS. I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Great Place To Grow
Teacher (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours
Great place to work and advance. The benefits are excellent and the environment is fun and engaging. You will definitely progress as a teacher.
Great understanding of Pre School management, Curriculum Development and Implementation
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: developed great creative knowledge in regulatory requirements, gained knowledge regarding pre school regulartory requirements, learning new strategies in the changing education field.
Cons: salery was little to low, long commute
Enjoyed an opportunity to build a meaningful adjustment to the curriculum program and assist in re-accreditation. Assisted in a special program to manage and problem solve with a specific grade level class that needed to re-focus instructional creativity and resolve a decline in learning application. Accomplished a turn around and completed the project to redesign this class structure toward a successful conclusion and successful result for the year.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Cons: salery was little to low, long commute
empolyees felt like a family
Office Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2015
Good work place, management team was great, understanding about family life. NEVER had a hard time to get off for ANY reason. Care about you as well as the children
Fun place to work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: training, advancement, reconnection
Cons: better pay
A typical day at work is greeting the parents and their children. Getting the classroom prepared for the day. Tracking each child. Changing diapers, serving breakfast ,lunch and snack. Watching children explore and learn through play and loving every minute of it.
Enjoying working with your co-workers and management who are committed to keeping the children happy and safe. The most enjoyable part of my job is encouraging each child, infant to pre-school thru age appropriate curriculum and watch their individual skills, self-confidence and independence grow. The hardest part of the job is when the children leave the centers.
Decent Job
Lead Teacher, Two's (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 11, 2015
decent child care job to have. Needs many improvements to some employees and management though. But busy center for the most part.
Love the people, but too far from home
Support Staff (Current Employee), Bothell, WAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: keeps you busy, good people, weekends and holidays off
Cons: healthcare costs, but everybody's dealing with that.
Days went really fast, and I got along great with the staff. A little stressful sometimes, but nothing I couldn't handle.

It was just really matter of being closer to home for my kids.
innovative ideas and high respect for families
DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 8, 2015
diverse responsibilities
organizational management
various styles of management
dedicated co-workers
coordinating responsibilities
working closely with children and families
Student teaching experience
Head Teacher (Current Employee), NJFebruary 8, 2015
This was a wonderful school to do my student teaching, the school was updated and there was technology available in every classroom.
consistant with hours payed very well
cook (Current Employee), cincinnati,ohFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: paid vacation, sick time and leave 401k and dental and medical
Cons: not so understanding about life outside of work, but they try
prepare and cook pm, am snacks breakfast and lunch
2 man kitchen we were responsible for all food related functions on any given day Monday through Friday am snack at 6:30 breakfast at 8:30 lunch at 11:30 and pm snack is t 3 pm. I was the early person 6:30 to 3:30 I began all prep for the day even 2 to 3 days ahead depending on the up coming menu for the week. we created our own menu 4 week 3 month period. Everyday food is prepared for about 200 people staff and kids ages 6 months to 5 including staff. co worker was great older lady really knows her stuff. even though she was hired on as the head chef I was able to teach her something's about cooking as well as train her on the job. I taught her that cooking s not always a science. Basically meaning just have fun doing what you love to do. The hardest part of the day would be the start of work. lol still in the process of waking up but after I cup of coffee I'm good and awake. the best thing about my day is the reactions and the smiles from the kids as the day progresses. my coworkers including those outside of the kitchen are fun and friendly and loves to smile< as well as myself

1 2 3 4 5

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a leading provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, back-up – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos