Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

just another daycare
Teacher (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2015
Bright Horizons is a typical child care facility. They have good benefits and some of the staff is amazing. There has been a lot of turn over recently.
Love working with kids
Teacher (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 26, 2015
If you love working with kids, Bright Horizon is a great company to work for! Though workload may seem overwhelming, at the end of the day, the experience that you are teaching the children is priceless.
BHFS
Infant Child Care Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2015
A typical day at work is usually fun, the kids always make each day exciting, new and fun. I learned lots of patience working with kids and parents that can translate well to any other profession,
Great Director
Head Teacher (Current Employee), Stamford CTAugust 19, 2015
Pros: childcare discount for employees
Cons: short staffed
My experience at this job has been a good one. When a problem arises it is likely to be dealt with sooner rather than later. My bosses know what they are talking about.
A day at work
Teacher (Current Employee), Boston, MaAugust 19, 2015
Nothing is more satisfying than pleasing my children at work. Their favorite part of the day is circle time (learning time). That is also my favorite part of the day.
At an office job, my most enjoyable moment is when a guest or client thanks me for helping them with something. It makes me feel real accomplished.
Management is absolutely awful in a center that has so much potential
Toddler Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Children/Families
Cons: Management, Lack of Teamwork, High School Setting/Gossip
Bright Horizons, as a whole company, has a great mission statement. Their curriculum is built well and even though the job itself can be overwhelming at times, the children make it a wonderful experience. However, the children were the only part of working at Center City that was enjoyable.

Management was unbelievably unprofessional and unorganized. They were lazy and lied to not only the staff about important information, but the parents as well. Meetings would always consist of the same jargon - management blaming us teachers for everything and never taking our concerns into consideration. There were many instances when I've brought my concerns to management privately and they'd give me a false sense of security that they would help out and decrease the amount of gossip and nonsense that went on in there, but help never came. Some teachers were poor as well, only using up time to gossip about another teacher. Somehow those teachers were able to walk on water, while the dedicated teachers that cared so deeply for the children were left behind to sort everything out on their own. Even most of the parents thought management at this center was a joke. The worst part is how condescending the educational coordinator was towards staff and parents quite often.

The children deserve better and so do the families. The center city Philadelphia location needs to be fixed, as I have always believed that place has potential to shine. Staff members don't stay longer than 5-6 months at the place. They either quit or get fired over nothing. I would not recommend applying to this location unless you want a massive headache from management every time you leave to go home.
Fabulous place to continue career.
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Not helpful with moving up in the company
The company is a great place to finish career. They have lots of incentives for those who want to continue their education in this field. The co-workers are helpful and willing to help each other out. I learned a lot from this company. My only disappointment was how many times I tried to move up into a different position and was thwarted with no help when help was promised. They did not make it easy to be able to move up in the company and wished I was able to do so. I believe that it is a fabulous place to work.
Fantastic overall, but watch the management at this location
Center Support Teacher (Former Employee), West 8thAugust 16, 2015
I enjoyed when I worked with the infants, toddlers, Twos classes, and Preschool 2 classroom. It wasn't too bad in the K-Prep and Preschool 1 classrooms either, lots more children in those classrooms. The co-workers were great and I learned a lot from them, as well as the chef that is there when I was Kitchen Support. Very organized and relaxing atmosphere. The company overall is great, but the management at this location isn't that great anymore ever since the other Education Coordinator left.
Manganment needs work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia center cityAugust 14, 2015
Pros: You get to leave on time some days
Cons: everything
Stay away from the bright horizons in Philadelphia in center city. It is nothing but confusion and the management team has no idea what they are doing. The pay is horrible and they don't care about their employees at all.
NOT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), fort myersAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, Overtime, beautiful children
Cons: Management, parents, Assistant Director
Horrible management and communication, if you have children of your own never work here they don't care about your family being sick/I'll. Management is horrible with ratios and leaving! They show favoritism with the employees and never show appreciation for the employees hard work and dedication. The pay is OK but it could be better for all the things they expect you to do while trying to teach. The center has been open for 1 year and they have already lost 50 or more employees. Some of the parents are great and a few you have to keep an close eye on.
fun work place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: got to interact with all differnt types of children
When arriving to work I would feed the children, change them if they needed changing and take them outside to teach them how to play with one another. we would then return indoors where we would read, learn colors,learn the alphabet also I would try to teach them how to write their names as well as other words. I learned a lot about children by working at Bright Horizons. Lie how to deal with children when they are sick or just feeling down, Good ways to get them to try new things like food and games. I also learned how to multi-task a lot better. The management and staff at Bright Horizons was very professional and everyone there had a kind heart and was very knowledgeable about the jobs they had to preform. For me the hardest part of the job is when the kids got promoted to a new classroom or graduated from the day care because some of them I became close to and it was sad to see them move on. the most enjoyable part of the job was the children themselves, they always had great energy and they were so caring and loving. I love being around children.
Caring and educational setting for children
Toddler Teacher and Caregiver (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Fun-loving environment
Cons: Job security
As soon as I walk into the center I am welcomed by the director and other teachers. When I get into my classroom I help children with the drop off process and feed them breakfast. After breakfast, we will read stories and sing songs until all the students arrive. Once all the students arrive we will dive into the curriculum for the day: art/science/math projects, visiting the library and then playing outside either in the water or playground. Next, I helped students with their lunch and rest time. During rest time, my co teacher and I will email parents, type up daily sheets/activities "what in the world happened today", newsletter and curriculum. When nap time is over I will help children pack up their sleep stuff, use the bathroom and serve snack. As parents begin to arrive we will have the children play in "movement matters, or outside. Once all the children are gone, I will clean and close the room.
Great job flexibility
Manager of Client Relations and Marketing (Current Employee), New YorkAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, work from home
Cons: Vacation time
Great work hours and team. Culture is friendly and welcoming, The work load is constantly changing due to the development of new marketing software.
False Wonderland
Toddler Teacher (full-time) (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Beautiful facility
Bright Horizons as a whole is a great company to work for all daycare professionals. However I do not feel that the director at my site has truly gone above and beyond to help me grow within the company since I've joined the bright horizons family. At times I feel trapped in a dysfunctional and chaotic work day due to lack of staffing, acknowledgement, and most importantly communication. Don't get me wrong though, I love working with children, I love my job, and I have wonderful relations with the families that I work with. But there is a problem when parents can honestly tell you that they are scared of going to the director for questions, sometimes.
Worst job I have ever had
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Short or no breaks, bad management, lack of respect for employees
Management within this company is extremely poor. Not only do employees barely make enough or do not make enough to get by, management bullies employees and goes out of their way to make employees feel as if there is no job security whatsoever. I would never suggest anyone work for this company. The only thing this position taught me was that I never want to work in childcare ever again.
Great training programs
Teacher (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 4, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: far from my home
While working in the child care facility my daily routine consisted of feeding the children and running the daily activities.

I learned how to clearly communicate with different individuals about many different scenarios.
Fun, friendly staff to work with.
Teacher (Current Employee), Goodlettsville, TNAugust 4, 2015
From my first day on the job to my present days on the job, the staff have always been friendly and offered help in any way they can. Fun place to work. The parents and children are a joy to work with.
COMMUNICATION....COMMUNICATION.... COMMUNICATION!!!!!!
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits.
Cons: Management
Management talks to you like you are nothing. The parents will know what will happen before the teachers. They do not care how you feel. If you are sick, you still have to go to work. LACK OF COMMUNICATION!

The best part of my job is my children.
productive place to get much needed training`
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
Pros: trainings, flexible
Cons: salary
this is a perfect place to get all your trainings when it comes to working with children. they provide cpr and various of other trainings that you don't have to pay for.
A strong company to work for that offers great benefits and professional development
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Reseda, CAJuly 31, 2015
Bright Horizons is the best childcare company to work for. They offer great benefits and take pride in helping their staff grow within the company.
Headquarters