Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Fun
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Columbus,OHMay 21, 2015
Fun place with good co workers, however the manager lacks and your boss lives far away. Poor when it comes to responding to emails.
Satisfying yet challenging
Infant Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2015
Looking after infants is one of the most satisfying yet challenging jobs of the world; after all, the early years of a child are the most important ones and an infant teacher has to make sure that they are given proper care that they deserve. Our daily routines involve changing a dirty diaper, to comforting a child, and to assuring a parent that their child is in great care. There is not much time to sit down and plan which can be the most difficult part of the job because you find yourself working on your break and at home. When you have a great team of co-workers like I do, it makes for a positive work environment, a happy employee, and ultimately a happy baby. Management is very up and down, black and white, but very open table for conversation and listening to ideas and solutions.
Wonderful Place
Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYMay 20, 2015
Such an awesome group of people with wonderful chemistry to provide a positive environment for coworkers and the children.
Productive and Fun Place
Head Teacher (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Best co-workers
Cons: Pay
Watching the children eager to come into the classroom and start the day. Parents always happy to see you. I learned that it is important to develop the appropriate type of relationships with co workers and parents. Always work hard it pays off at the end of the day.
Great Preschool
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), East Hanover, NJMay 19, 2015
New born to 5 years old.
Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills.
Able to solve problems.
Excellent, creativity, curiosity and interest.
Very caring, dependability and neatness.
Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Responsible for observing and applying developmental programs.
Keep record of children’s growth, development and behavior.
Responsible for preparing play and learning materials to set up children’s environment.
Supervised children’s play with making sure of their safety.
Help children with daily routines such as dressing, potty training, eating and sleeping.
Maintained environment very clean, appealing and safe.
It is a privilege to work with kids.
Head Toddler Teacher/ Center Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Armonk, NYMay 18, 2015
Working with children is truly a blessing. This is not a job that you do just for the money. It takes a lot of patience and dedication. Children are challenging, curious, innocent, and honest. They are so innocent that you can never really get upset at them. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep them from getting hurt but they do get into everything. The most enjoyable part of my job is just being around the children. My Co-workers are awesome, we share our knowledge and look out for one another. You are constantly learning in this field and for the sake of the children it is important to stay in the know to ensure that you are providing quality learning experiences for the children in your care's growth and development.
Staff is great
Intern (Former Employee), Brookline, MAMay 17, 2015
The staff was extremely understanding, dynamic and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was assisting the kids at times because of my disability.
more money more problems
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2015
I think I could have been better if the culture was more supportive. I wish the management was more supportive in advancing their teachers.
Making education fun
Education Coordinator/ Teacher (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: Working with children of various backgrounds
Cons: the benefits are not the best
A typical day consists of teaching children ages 1-12. I learned how to properly manage a classroom so it is conducive to learning and creates an environment where children feel safe. My co-workers depend on me to assist them in the classroom whenever needed. The hardest part of my job is working with a limited budget to order classroom and educational supplies. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see a child smile because they are having fun learning.
Opportunity for advancement in career.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Career Advancement
Cons: No matching of benefits
A bit corporate, so commensurate benefits are smaller than at other organizations. However, there do seem to be opportunities for climbing a career ladder towards becoming education coordinator or assistant director.
fun place
Assistant Teacher, Primary Caregiver (Former Employee), Roosevelt Island, NYMay 7, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays, sick time and vacation
Cons: long hours
Great place to work. Great environment. Staff were like family. Director was great as well. Day didnt feel like work. Children were awesome, they kept me on my toes.
a experince
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee), washington dcMay 7, 2015
while working there I learned a lot of stuff and don't mind going back. one a regular day me and my co teacher would do circle time our morning activity and we sang songs go on buggy rides and interact with the kids
ok
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2015
Pros: Teaching children, advancement and learning
Cons: No support or back up from management
I worked with amazing children, wonderful co-workers and an amazing co-teacher. I loved my job. A typical day was supervising and interacting with 5-10 preschoolers and I loved it. Those kids were amazing to work with along with my co-teacher. We got along fantastically and I knew I could always go to her about anything. My coworkers and my lead teacher were very approachable. Management was sometimes another story. I was very comfortable with my education coordinator, however the directors were another story. I felt as if they were not approachable and made me feel guilty about asking for help when they always encouraged it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working and teaching the children playing and watching them grow however it became to get hard to do since the management was so picky about family style dining and changing diapers/potty training that I felt as if that's all I did. That I rarely got to sit and play and interact with the children. My coteacher and I tried all these ways that our lead teacher was advising and nothing seemed to work. When I went to management about it, they didn't care. So that was the hardest part, finding solutions to problems with no back up support. We were told to be teachers, but they never helped us grow or supported us during conflicts.
Terrible ccommunication skills
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 29, 2015
Pros: children and some parents are awsome
Cons: poor management poor communication unorganized
Management could do much better when it comes to taking care of their employees. This place is unorganized and has poor communication skills. My patience has grown from working with children and I have learned how to better care for children.
Great place to work with a friendly atmosphere and great employees
Child-Care Teacher (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere, good pay
Cons: Stressful, long days
Bright Horizons was my first big job, and it was a great experience. Sometimes it could be stressful working with 20+ little kids that were ages 5-12, but it truly was a joy to work with them. The management at the center is great, and they were so encouraging to me throughout my time there.
Nice place to work
Transition Teacher (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 23, 2015
Pay was a little low but most childcare centers are not going to pay you much. They offered good benefits which was a plus and I loved my coworkers, kids and their families. It was a nice place to work. I am currently a teacher at an elementary school but would come back and work here in the summer.
I am sick a lot
Teacher (Current Employee), Abbott Park, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: Mgmt, is ok, room for advancement
Cons: Big facility; gets sick a lot
The one I work at is huge and I am always getting sick..what good is that if I am hardly ever there? Germs are everywhere. There are 160 prechoolers there alone! Not to mention the babies, and the toddlers.
Productive, supportive company.
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Supportive environment, opportunity to deal with many types of individuals.
Cons: Dealing with state agencies
Fast paced environment dealing with all aspects of operations for 5 child care centers in three states. My day varies dealing with HR issues, customer service needs and educational and program implementation. The job offers a lot of flexibility and opportunities for creativity.
Great place to work and interact with kids.
Teacher- Assistant, Substitute (Current Employee), High Point, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, The children and co workers.
Cons: Bad healthcare, Hours and management
Working with children everyday is going to be different, i love the children and my co workers. They are fun and inviting and made me feel welcome as soon as i started. The hardest part of the job is the management, I do feel as though there is allot of discrimination towards me for various reasons. All and all its a great place to work, just wish it was more fair.
Great Quality programs
Director (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Low ratio
Cons: planning time
I enjoyed working with a diverse group of individuals. They are committed to being a Diverse company and has been nominated as the great place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a leading provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, back-up – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Salaries

Toddler Teacher
$11.91 per hour

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos

Outdoor learning experiences...
The First Week of School @AML 2009~Ms. Audrey's Class.