Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

a great place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2016
Very cohesive team, Family oriented environment, Great way to network as well, career bulider, very accessible, up to date trainings, NAEYC Accredited
Fun but short-lived
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 28, 2016
I had fun while it lasted but there is no movement up and I felt like I was stagnating. It is hard to have degrees from good universities and work at a daycare for practically nothing.
Pros
Clean, Safe
Cons
No leeway for growth
Work
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJDecember 26, 2016
Communication between directors and teachers are very poor and they cut hours if they don't have enough children enrolled in their daycare which is ridiculous.
Pros
the childrena and family
They place a high priority on diversity awareness and family
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 23, 2016
Overall a good company to work for. The benefits are very good. They offer many extras that many companies don't. Many options for benefits and perks.
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
their a very good company to work for
Toddler Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2016
i really recommend this company they were by far the best job i have had in years. they were well involved with all the people that were associated with them and was great to employees
A wonderful place to gain experience and knowledge.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 21, 2016
Bright Horizons works very hard to be the best of the best. They are always changing and implementing what is best for children. Each facility is run on the heart principles which I feel is key to their success. They take pride in their teachers and offer great educational benefits. The curriculum that is implanted daily in each classroom is not only at the heart of the company, but provides the best education for children to learn.
Pros
Teachers are the most important to the company
Cons
The floating to other Bright Horizon Centers.
The best and worst place I worked at
FLOATER/INFANT TEACHER ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 18, 2016
I loved my co-workers, the children, and the job itself but the director was very rude and caused a lot of tension. I enjoyed teaching my children and building a relationship with my student's parent to help their development. Management just cared about what we looked like on the surface to get and keep parents but didn't care about the children.
Pros
Always snacks, great perks
Cons
Never let us use the bathroom
A very rewarding job
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 10, 2016
To be able to go to work everyday and make someone's day a little better was always amazing for me. You are assisting individuals with disabilities and promoting daily living skills.
Pros
Being the one to make someone smile.
Cons
The politics that come with this field
Good starter for Early Childhood folk.
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 7, 2016
I worked for a school, so the rules were a little bent because we worked for an institution. The people are great, and stuff, management could do a lot better.
Somethings are good
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 7, 2016
Bright Horizons is a good place to work. sometimes stressful with work life balance. co-workers seem to work together for the most part. Management team seems to be getting better but needs to work on listening.
Best ever
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 6, 2016
This was my first real job ever and the staff there was great they reall showed me the ropes and I learned slot there for the work Feild would love to go back and work there again as well
Great Place to Work if you Love Children
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 30, 2016
A typical day at Bright Horizons is filled with smiles, tears, and several diaper changes... At its best it is a diverse environment of children, educators and families that love and appreciate all that an educator does over the course of the day, week, month or years that families are involved for. With that being said, at its worst Bright Horizons is a company than can lose quality control of its' employees that leave good employees overworked, unacknowledged and severely underpaid for what is expected of good employees.
Fast Paced Day Care Center
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 30, 2016
This is one of the pricier day care center's around, however it is needed in order for the center to run succesfully. Typically you are expected to care for all the children in your care from feeding,potty training, implementing curriculum, and provide a nurturing environment for them. It hard at times to depend on others to provide assitance if needed so you have to be able to multi task and juggle many responsibilites at one time. But when you get to make a child smile or see their fisrt steps or hear their fisrt words it's all worth the stress and aggrevation.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Schedule changes weekly
Excellent Curriculum and fun place to work
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  IlinoisNovember 28, 2016
I have been an employee over six years for Bright Horizons and I enjoy watching the children grow to learn and develop into young adolescents. It is gratifying and rewarding to see that you have made such a huge difference in a human being.
Pros
Watching children develop socially, physically, and cognitively.
Can be better
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 23, 2016
A typical work day at USAA is very stressful. Admin does very little to connect with staff and parents on a day to day basis. Frequently Admin are seen at the front desk on cell phones (or in their offices) while teachers paige for "assistance" or "potty breaks". Unfortunately teacher morale is very low as most are unhappy with their job and openly discuss it within the classroom.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Not enough resource time, favoritism
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2016
I really enjoyed working for the company they were very understanding and flexible. They go above and beyond for the clients including the owners. Really liked this company
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Dissatisfied.
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2016
Overall, I am dissatisfied with this company. I will not recommend this to ANYONE.-Not even my worse enemy.
The Director was fired . along with 12 other employees. Parents are gripping. Children have no control. Children are talked about while being present. Employees are sloppy and disrespected. There had been three different supervisor my 1st year employed.

Very dissatisfied.
Pros
Off on Thanksgiving.
Cons
lack of support. high ratio, distastful manangement. gossip uncontrollable. lack of better judgment.

Comment – December 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We believe strongly in our mission and the responsibility of caring for children is our highest concern. Transition periods can be challenging for a center and to have this disruption can be stressful for employees as well as the children and families. Please reach out to your Regional Manager and/or HR Manager to discuss any concerns that you have. They are the best resources in terms of support during a time where you may not have a Center Director. If you not sure where to begin in terms of reaching out, please contact HR Concerns or wearelistening@brighthorizons.com so we can ensure you are connected and can share more details of what is concerning you at your location. Thank you for all that you do for children and families every day. It is such an important role and we want all our employees to be able to find the joy in their work, even when (or better, especially when) difficult situations arise.

A good place to gain experience
Durham - Resource Teacher (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 15, 2016
Do your job right and do as your told and you will go far. There is a big mixture of family times which is wonderful for experience however if you do not enjoy children or stress not the place for you.
Pros
Experince
Poor compensation and benefits
Toddler Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Easton, PANovember 13, 2016
Constantly changing hours. Evening and/or weekend staff meetings and training's. No substitutes, therefore children were constantly put in different rooms to change ratios.
Pros
Co-workers try to help each other. Free lunch if you want to eat what is served to the children.
Cons
Poor salary, Expensive benefits, 1 unpaid 1/2 hr break per shift, Few paid days off, Massive amount of computer/paper work, No substitutes.
Great Company
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  7704 East Parham Road Henrico VANovember 8, 2016
Loving and caring management. Families are amazing and the children are fantastic. Every teacher here works their hardest everyday to achieve goals and watch these children grow.
Pros
all around great company and place of work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Reviews by Location