Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

It's a fun place to work with loving kids and caring adults
Cook (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2017
I love working here it is one of the best jobs that I have ever had. Love all the people and kids, my co-workers a great and my boss is amazing. If you would want to work here you should apply today!!
High turnover
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILOctober 1, 2017
I worked here for about 10 months and about 60 people left within that time. Enrollment dropped and most people were unhappy. We walked thru the halls trying to cheer each other up. The kids were awful, there behavior was out of control due to the turnover. worst place I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Long days, inconsistent schedule, low pay
Terrible management and good ol boy mentality.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denver Tech Center, centennial coloradoSeptember 29, 2017
The director was unprofessional, lacked personal and social skills and was unwilling to accept change. The other workers that had been there the longest were almost like a gang which included the director. The DTC centennial, Colorado location should be shut down.
Cons
Gang mentality, unwilling to adress concerns, lies to oare ts
Great place to gain knowledge and experience
Lead Teacher Early Preschool (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2017
fast-paced
have to stay ready to adapt and adjust
different cultures/language
great atmosphere
great benefits within 90 days of employment
training program
professional development day
workload similar to public school system
Privately owned clinic with old fashioned bedside manner.
Billing and Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILSeptember 28, 2017
This physician owned practice controls the daily functions of a pediatric office. We do not overbook and speed through visits to meet a quota set by a regional office. Being small, we do not have PTO, but are able to discuss vacations and time off openly to cover for our absence. Pay is not competitive and there are no benefits.
Pros
Non condescending physician passionate about quality
Cons
No benefits
Not a great place to work for
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 28, 2017
There is a large turnover rate over at Bright Horizons. I understand why almost 5 teachers left in one month- unappreciated and no support whatsoever from the administration, WAY underpaid, and everything else is overwhelming. It is evident that the administration plays favorites as well- and if they happen to not like you, then they will do everything that they can to weed you out. Not only you have to take care the children, change their diapers, get their activities started- you have to update documentation boards in the classroom, create lesson plans, talk to the parents if there are any concerns, write highlights every single day, write individual highlights on their experience sheets, and update the child's TSGs. It's way too much for being paid so little and it is a very stressful environment.
Pros
Families and the children
Cons
Everything else
Lovely friends, families and co-workers
Lead Chef (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2017
I was the lead chef so my job was different from the teachers, obviously. The kitchen is a different kind of stressful than the classrooms. It's a fun place to work, I loved all my co-workers. There are options for full, part-time and even substitutes so whatever works for your schedule you can do. Cooking involves meal planning, ordering, organizing, estimating the amount of food needed on a daily and weekly basis. I love working with all types of people and that is definitely a huge part of this job. I think sometimes management at my branch was lacking in communication but other than that they were great.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours, vacation time, friendly co-workers, work-life balance is important
Cons
Communication, compensation, physicality
Bright Horizon was a fun place to work.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2017
When I worked for Bright Horizon, it was a great job. They were very professional and understood that things happened. They allowed training and professional development to take place during work hours.
Great company to work for
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2017
I would recommend Bright Horizons to anyone and everyone. It is one of the best companies to work for with great emphasis of work life balance. They take really good care of their employees.
Very stressful working environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2017
Very busy fast pace company. Employer didn't pose good communication skills with the customers or their staff. Company did have room for staff to grow within the company.
Pros
Was located close to my home
Cons
Very busy area no parking
Teachers and Admin agreeing on some stuff
Preschool Teacher Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2017
At Bright Horizons you can get a lot of up and down days. Like a good day is when every teacher is at work and most of the children are calm through out the day. An other example can be the teacher's have lunch breaks on time and bathroom breaks as well. If that does not work, most times the setting of the daycare can be unpleasant to the point you do not want to be there.
Pros
free lunch some times, schedule your own hours
Cons
short breaks, not alot of holidays off
No support from directors
Young Kindergarten Prep Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 20, 2017
Directors need to take child development courses in order to successfully support staff.
Teachers are seriously underpaid and under appreciated.
The schools do support family involvement
Good Learning Enviornment!
Primary Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2017
I did not hate my job, I actually loved it. I loved it because of the children and the families that we encountered daily. The people you have to deal with daily are normally so sweet and inviting. However, in the education field you have to be willing to do more than you are rewarded for; so if that is okay with you then Bright Horizons is the place for you!
Pros
Paid Time Off, Sick time
Cons
Hours, Compensation Raises
Fun workplace with great people
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJSeptember 19, 2017
My experience with Bright Horizons was filled with excellent workdays and wonderful people. My first center was a joy to work at. Not only were my co-workers great people, but my manager was a wonderful woman, and the kids were amazing. I got the chance to work with all the different age groups, and found a lot of support in each room.
I will say, however, that not every center is the same. Once my first center closed, I joined the sub pool and worked at several centers in my area. Some were great, like my original workplace, but others I would never go back to. The biggest issue I had was the inconsistency with rules and policies. If a company has policies in place, each center should follow them so that when a sub walks into a new center, they know what to expect. Other than that, I loved Bright Horizons!
Great Company
TEACHER, PRE-KINDERGARTEN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Amazing place to work. Job security. Compensation. Great management. Job culture is fabulous. Would love to go back to work here. Great hours. Sick and vacation.
Worst place
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Worst place to work at. The director favors staff and gossip with staff about staff. It's not a day care it's a high school where we pick who we talk to.
Pros
Non
Cons
Director and staff gossip about each other
awful
Daycare Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2017
this place was awful to work for. favoritism was extremely high in this environment. management treated people awfully. the only good part of this job was the kids and their families.
Pros
children and their families
Cons
everything else
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Fast paced environment. Learned skills for children. Hardest part of the job was probably the amount of expectations and procedures, but is understandable because of the accreditation and certifications the company expects to keep. Most enjoyable part was getting to see the kids learn and explore new things.
Expectations from Senior Management exceeded what was humanly possible in a work day.
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 15, 2017
There is a disconnect between home office values and managers in the field. We were encouraged to have a work life balance but the work load did not allow for that balance.

We were led to believe that diversity was encouraged, however a business casual dress code for teachers to play on the floor and paint with children is inappropriate. Teachers would be sent home if they wear jeans or t-shirts, leaving children with inconsistency. The best interest of children should be put first which was the mission but not common practice.

Teachers have so many responsibilities that they spend most of their time doing reports rather than being in the moment and engaging with children. Less responsibility would lead to greater child care experiences. Turnover was very high.
Pros
You always receive a meal
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, under appreciated
Toddler teacher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 14, 2017
Good place to work.Is is a friendly place .I have spent good time with the kids. My director took care of my personal needs when required. They had trainings which were very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.