Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Producutive and fun workplace at bright horizons
co lead teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2016
A typical day at Bright horizons would short staffed and no one wants to come in early or stay any later than they have to.
I've learned the children in the whole center, I learn that the children look up to me, they have more respect for their teachers then they do their own parents, I learned that children are going to be children no matter what.
Management for my center is not as good as it should be, it could be a lot better.
The hardest part of my job is letting the children down, I never want to see them without or needing anything.
The most enjoyable part is being here for the children and their families, seeing the smiles on their faces.
Summary
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2016
Bright Horizons is a good company to work for. The parents love the company and they love the teachers who teach their kids. The management at Bright horizons is fair
Bright Horizons
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 22, 2016
This company is okay but I find that directors don't want to promote you because they don't like to hire to replace you. I find it hard to work for a company that charges high prices for care , but staff still have to get assisted from the government to survive.
Pros
You make more working in VA.
Cons
Their is a high turn over
Sinking Ship
Center Director (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 21, 2016
This company is a sinking ship that will not make it in the growing industry with competitive options available. the approach, logistics, and management style are out of date. This is simply because they do not value their employees or the families they serve. They are completely willing to negotiate values, standards, and state regulations for the bottom line. I would not work for this company again nor would I recommend this company for families seeking quality programming for any age child.
Pros
literally none.
Cons
The environment, the ever changing policies and procedures, inconsistencies, lack of management support
A wonderful company with awesome staff, families, and of course the children
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 21, 2016
Working at a preschool no day is the same. You have to be ready with whatever comes your way, along with changing plans. Always about plan B and C when A doesn't go as planned with the children. Having the children run up to me in the morning and not leave at the end of the day, reassured I did my job to the fullest.
Very Caring Staff
Center Support (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 15, 2016
Each person has there own schedule and work with there schedule only. Its very easy to come in and get in to the flow. Even if your schedule might change here and there its very easy to pick up and go. I learned to just go with the flow and enjoy it while your at it. The management is AMAZING nothing I've ever experienced before. Its so understanding and kind, I was able to form a relationship with the management outside of work because there just genuinely so kind. The hardest part was defiantly just learning all the names of the children, but working with the children is also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Free Snacks, Lunches and More. As well as amazing people to work with.
Cons
It was very far from my home.
Community building
Teacher/Better Together Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2016
I love that this job has helped me grow as a teacher as well as a leader. I adore teaching but I also love creating activities for the teachers to participate in.
Daycare
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NYApril 10, 2016
A typical day at work entailed me assisting the lead toddler teacher with activities.
I learned the motor skills definitions while there. The management was very active in the daily routines.
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a lot of work. Every day was different and very rewarding most of all. I love going to work everyday and seeing the children's faces.
Pros
Long breaks, friendly coworkers
Fun work Place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 5, 2016
Here at staton we had fun and and we was a team we enjoy working with the kids and having fun. We always made sure activities was out and they had things to do.
Pros
free lunch metro
Cons
no breaks
Great Staff at Bright Horizon
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 1, 2016
The children and the Staff made coming to work very easy. Its nothing like being able to influence and enlighten children. The impact goes beyond their age and even time of being with the teachers.
Pros
Great Curriculum
Kinder prep teacher
Kinder-prep teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 31, 2016
I have worked here for a very short time, however I have a graduate degree in childhood development. I am a solo teacher, with zero experience. The only training that I have been given has been sporadic time in front of a computer. I have 16 kids, 5 of whom are special needs, 1 of which is violent towards my other students. My director is not interested in doing anything about the violent child, so I guess that my other kids will continue to be victimized. The ratio is absurd even with average children, but with 5 severely special needs this is just dangerous.

As for materials, I asked for a dry erase marker 4 days ago and still don't have one. I asked for information about the health plan offered and have never gotten any information whatsoever . But you can bet that they wanted my write up for the parents by the due date. It's obvious that the only thing that matters to this company is the balance sheet, to the detriment of the children who go here.

Obviously, I am looking for another job (along with half of the teachers here), now I am just trying to decide if it's worth staying here until I find something else. I really don't think it is.
Pros
Nothing? Maybe a paragraph on a resume
Cons
No breaks, borderline illegal ratios, no support at all, no materials, pathetic pay.

Comment – April 21, 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. As a company, Bright Horizons is committed to providing high-quality education programs and excellent care for children. Ensuring our employees have a supportive environment in which to carry out their work is a huge part of this; the emphasis on providing thorough (and meaningful) trainings and different avenues for support are meant to help all our employees achieve high levels of confidence and success within their roles. We are sorry that your personal experience has left you without this impression and want to address your concerns. We take any staffing issues (such as ratio) and the safety of the children extremely seriously. Please know that you can reach out to your HR Manager and/or Regional manager to share details on these issues. You also can contact our HR Concerns inbox with information or send an email to wearelistening@brighthorizons.com so that we can directly address these concerns and help support you as an employee.

Very Productive and fun place to work
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2016
I love working here. The kids are the best part of the job. They co-worker are easy to get along with, Everyone is a team player.
Pros
the kids and the familys
Cons
no cons
Easy Job, nice work place
Two Year Old Teacher (Current Employee) –  Peachtree, GAMarch 31, 2016
The job was rather easy. I enjoyed working there. My peers where nice to work with as well as my manager. I currently love drinking smoothies as a result of working at smoothie king.
Pros
The environment
Cons
The costumers
Poor management made it stressful
Infant Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMarch 27, 2016
The poor management skills of our center director made it very hard for me to be productive. She was also unable to make any type of personal connection with the staff. Because of my work load and the need for me in a classroom I was unable to have any work life balance. I often worked 45-50 a week, which became hard for my son. I was expected to take work home, which added another 5 hours to my work week. I was not able to take days off or call in sick without be made to feel guilty. In the last 6 months I was there I called out sick once with the stomach bug. I was asked if I could come in later that afternoon so that the director wouldn't have to go into a classroom.

My overall experience at tge company was great. I love the families I work with and the teachers are amazing! I was able advance in my career and learn a lot. I will always be very grateful for that.

Comment – April 21, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear that you have a positive overall experience during your time at Bright Horizons; however, wanted to address your concerns surrounding management. As a company, we are deeply committed towards ensuring a supportive work environment for all employees; we want our employees to feel not only that their work is valued and appreciated but that we value and appreciate the whole person. We do take issues regarding management very seriously and are not sure if you were able to try and address your them with your Regional Manager or Human Resources Manager; however, if you would be willing to share more about your experience, please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com.

fun place to work, love my co-workers
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 25, 2016
Bright Horizons has been my second home for the past 9 years and I'm sad to leave, but I'm excited to start a new career. I learned a lot from managing children's progress and providing a challenging curriculum based on developmental needs.
Loved it.
Assist children (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 22, 2016
One of the best bakeries i have ever been to. Delicious cakes with many flavors to choose from and fresh bread and bagels.
Caregiver/Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 15, 2016
Taking care of infants from the ages 8 weeks to 12 months, feeding, documenting all nap and feeding times, to entertain the infants, comfort when crying, maintain a clean and positive workplace, practice sensory activities, and to handle and carryout parent concerns.

Comment – March 18, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Being a teacher for Bright Horizons can be challenging but is also incredibly meaningful and important work. As a company, we are committed towards delivering on our promises: providing high-quality education programs and excellent care for children. Thank you for all that you do for the children in your care!

Low Moral
Lead Teacher, Toddlers (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJMarch 10, 2016
Good company to work for overall, problems with individual centers and directors. As a back-up care facility, it is lacking in consistency. The Director showed favoritism. The company's policies are loosely enforced.

Comment – March 25, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Being a teacher for Bright Horizons can be challenging but is also incredibly meaningful and important work; our Back-up Care programs can be even more challenging because of the unpredictable nature of what you are providing for the children and families – many times urgent because the typical childcare has unexpectedly fallen through. We definitely strive to create as much consistency as possible within that changeable landscape, which means that following policies is very important and any infringements are taken very seriously. If you are willing to share more information about your experience, please contact us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com so that we can directly address any issues.

Great start for someone seeking degree in Education or Child Psychology
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2016
My typical day was interesting and intriguing because I never knew what to expect on a daily basis. I learned that every teacher has their style of teaching and building rapports with parents and co-workers are essential. The management need reconstructed. My co-workers are team players and resourceful to others. The hardest part of the job for me was none, I'm an easy going individual. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my students are grasping the information being taught to them and that I'm able to be a apart of my students growth.
Pros
Relationships built with parents, children, and co-workers. Prepares you for teaching and never a dull moment.
Cons
Pay, management

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Reviews by Location