Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Bright Horizons
Toddler Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 12, 2015
• Assisted Toddler Teacher in classroom management
• Maintained a safe environment for children
• Participated in daily activities such as reading, arts & crafts, and refined growth motor skills
Great workplace with room to grow
Infant Teacher (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTMarch 8, 2015
Great place to work and learn. It is a lot of work at times but management always has a way of making you feel appreciated. They want you to excel in all that you do and are open to helping you in any way they can to get you to achieve your goals and be the best you can be.
Goodk Company to Grow in
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 6, 2015
Pros: reputable company
Cons: short staff..hight turn over
Transferred from Atlanta to Baldwin Park. Great company. Small franchise over in that area....Director is not a people person and it falls reflects in the over turn of staff
No challenges
Primary Teacher (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2015
Bright Horizons is an alright place to work but it lacks challenges. I am looking for a faster paced work place and more contact with the public.
Loved the environment!
Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Lansdale, PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great environment, fantastic director, included children outside corporate
I was sad to leave this center due to having a child and the long one hour drive. I was happy to return to the company a few years later.
Team work, Benefit package and flexbilty in hours
Infant Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Bethel, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free college classes, setting up classroom and planing children's development profiles
Cons: corporate office in ma changing children's portfolio format often
Working in a corporate center gave me the opportunity to have free on going training classes. Working in a team gave each of us to shine in are strengths while learning how to turn weakness into strengths.
beautiful center, loved my co-workers
Infant program Education Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: very stressful environment, i had to take a lot of work home.
I was an education coordinator for the infant program.

The lady before me was let go and the staff had an instant dislike to me.

The director would have weekly meetings with the teachers and ask about me
I had to write a staff up for putting a child in danger and I got in trouble for it.
Very stressful environment, I always had to bring my work home to finish because I was in the classroom everyday.

The director would call parents inappropriate names when we would have our monthly meetings. I was, and the other 2 education coordinators as well, were horrified. I left, and one of the coordinator retired, and the last one quit, they could not take it any more either.

Director and assistant director would never come and help in the classroom.

March 23, 2015

We appreciate you sharing your experience. We'd like to learn more about the specific issues you've raised so we can follow up on them appropriately. If you're willing to share further information, please email us at wearelistening@brighthorizons.com. Best, Bright Horizons Human Resources

Fun Workplalce
Child Care Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company because the staff was great, as well as the parents and students. The place always made me feel welcomed.
overall they not always in compliance with their compnay reles
Teacher (Former Employee), Houston,Texas 77007February 25, 2015
Pros: 1 hr.lunch rarely took one
Cons: no breaks accept for bathroom
Do not wish to discuss. Was burned out in teaching. want to do something different. The pay was very low as well what was expected in my work duties.
Great Company
Teacher (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: healthcare, pay
Great company to work for. Our Management team is amazing and do there best to keep our center up and running. I recommend anyone in childcare to def try and work for this company
A Rewarding position that made me want to advance my career!
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Indianapolis IndianaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: everyday i got to touch the lives of 140 students, also i got to mentor and train 25 wonderful staff members.
Cons: lack of support from corporate
This was an awarding job that filled my heart with joy. I loved every aspect of working with the children and with the staff. My typical day consisted of being in and out of the classrooms supporting my staff and the children. I also ran the daily operations of the center to ensure the safety and happiness of my staff and children.I complied to all state regulations and ensured that my staff was up to date and aware of all state policies. I conducted multiple staff meeting to ensure that all employees were trained and up to date on Bright Horizons Polices.
Productive and fun workplace
Teacher (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, working lunch
Cons: healthcare, leave
I really love working at this company. I love my families as well as my co workers.I love how they work with you if you are going to school to better yourself. I also alive the trainings that we do it is always fun and interactive,
love it
Teacher (Current Employee), Plainsboro, NJFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: staff appreciation
Cons: 10 hour work days make it hard to be a parent of school aged children.
Bright Horizons is such a wonderful company to work for. I believe in its philosophies in early child education. I have learned so much from being on this team.
I love the teacher fun loving enviorment
Infant Primary teacher (Current Employee), Everett, WAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: paid trainings
Cons: health care isnt not the best, not able to take time off when needed to get doctor appointments
I love working for Bright Horizons it has giving me so much with working on my eCDA and the family company.In the last year the center has gone through some management changes.Not at of room to have time off.I get to work with amazing ladies and I still get to work with children.I have worked at Bright Horizons for a long time I never been apart of such a amazing company.
Productive and Fun Working Environment.
Toddler Associate Teacher (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: children's smiles
Cons: free time
Rewarding Work. Creating new and exciting experience for young children. Easy going work environment; everyone is helpful and friendly. Great for growth within the company.
great place to work
Teacher (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2015
BHFS is a great place to work and provides opportunities to grow and learn in the field of child development. They also provide great benefits including health coverage, dental coverage, vision and 401K to name a few. We also benefit from bright bargains which is comparable to groupon for employees. The hardest part of the job is all of the paperwork necessary to complete the job requirements with minimal time outside of the classroom as is the case with most high quality child care programs. Lets face it, the children need us! The most enjoyable part about the job is creating an environment conducive to learning for the children and being able to partner with families to help children learn life skills to succeed in school and life. BHFS has taught me everything a book cant teach. Most of my practical experience comes from the time i have invested at BHFS. I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Great Place To Grow
Teacher (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours
Great place to work and advance. The benefits are excellent and the environment is fun and engaging. You will definitely progress as a teacher.
Great understanding of Pre School management, Curriculum Development and Implementation
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: developed great creative knowledge in regulatory requirements, gained knowledge regarding pre school regulartory requirements, learning new strategies in the changing education field.
Cons: salery was little to low, long commute
Enjoyed an opportunity to build a meaningful adjustment to the curriculum program and assist in re-accreditation. Assisted in a special program to manage and problem solve with a specific grade level class that needed to re-focus instructional creativity and resolve a decline in learning application. Accomplished a turn around and completed the project to redesign this class structure toward a successful conclusion and successful result for the year.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Cons: salery was little to low, long commute
empolyees felt like a family
Office Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2015
Good work place, management team was great, understanding about family life. NEVER had a hard time to get off for ANY reason. Care about you as well as the children

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a leading provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, back-up – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Salaries

Associate Teacher
$11.78 per hour

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos

Outdoor learning experiences...
The First Week of School @AML 2009~Ms. Audrey's Class.