Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 1,049 reviews matching the search
Too stressful for the compensation
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 2, 2017
Compensation not commensurate with job expectations and work load. The expectations of the job continued to increase without the appropriate level of support to get the job done.
Bright Horizons
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
I enjoy working with Bright Horizons. I have learned so much working hands on with children in a professional environment. Not only do we have to teach the children but they have little personalities and are curious on their own. As a teacher I am there to help guide them into this world, which makes my job most enjoyable. It warms my heart when I walk into each classroom and the children are touching objects, grabbing at things, searching around the room, overall exploring to see what they can get into. I take an extreme interest in honoring their brilliant minds.
OK place to work
Assitant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO 80525June 1, 2017
The coworkers and children and the children parents are amazing. But management and how it's ran isn't the best. Taking and teaching children. Outside fun as well
Fun place to work
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
The company has great things in place for children to learn and grow. It is designed to build great partnerships with families and children. I enjoyed working there but my personal life and my work hours did not align.
Not likely to recommend
LEAD TEACHER KINDERGARTEN PREP (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 30, 2017
Depending on your level of education, the pay may not be sufficient unless you have no degree. Depending on who you are paired with the work environment can be relaxed and enjoyable. You make it what you will.
Ok place to work..better place for children left in your care.
Resource teacher (Former Employee) –  Ferguson, MissouriMay 30, 2017
Bright Horizon emphasized work life balance for it's employees. The hours are long, too short of a break (30 minutes) The center is consistently short staffed .Management plays favoritism with their employees. Also, management micro manages. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Fun with the children and free lunch.
Cons
Poor management and long hours with a short break.
Good for Kids not Teachers
Head Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 29, 2017
The environment for children is great, up beat, calming too. Just for teachers it is hard. No support from director, so much staff drama, parents pay a lot of money but teachers rarely see it in their pockets or supplies in the classrooms. Director and admit team... big turn over. Its great for a start in the teaching world but not long term.
Pros
health care, paid time off
Cons
pay, admit team
As someone that was finishing up school and tryning to get some more experience under my belt, it was a great experience.
Toddler/Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMay 29, 2017
Depending on the serviced community, the day can be very fast paced and demanding; specifically back up centers. You never really know who you're getting (summer months) and for how long they will be in our care.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was placed in a classroom consistently. Seeing my kids develop and sharing those special moments with them solidified that this was how I wanted to earn a living.

I learned that I can stimulate the minds of very young children, without watering down the content; while being appropriate and creative!
five stars
Assistant Teacher, Wooden Shoe Nursery School May (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
This job has been such an amazing experience! All the staff is amazing. Bright horizons was not just a place I worked, it was a place I felt at home. We were a family.
Pros
friendly nurturing environment
Cons
Not much work hours when its september-november
Very Stressful environment
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2017
expected to work open to close (as management)
very little support for management
training does not prepare you for job related duties, as management
high management turnover
Pros
Mentoring program for management
Cons
training does not meet the needs of a new employee entering the culture
Fun workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 24, 2017
Employees are not paid enough for the amount of work put in. Only one break for 30 minutes during 10 hour shifts. Great place for children, especially during the summer.
Pros
Great staff and place for children
Cons
Short lunches, lunches not paid for, poor salary
Difficult and tiring
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTMay 24, 2017
Although the management was intensely friendly and there were ok perks, the hours were long and the demands were high for the little pay. A very intense and exhausting position that leaves a teacher easily drained. The kids are great and the ratio of teacher to kids is a bit much but ok. The problem was the requirements and expectations did not always meet the time allowed to utilize ones capabilities. Education was emphasized over play- and if you are a montessori teacher that likes children to learn through play and believes that these ages should be more about freedom and exploration rather than memorization and academics- then this place won't suit you. Very academic focused. The most enjoyable part of the job were a few friendly coworkers and the amount you learned on the job in training.
Pros
on the job training, company outings, occasional free lunch
Cons
poor pay, long hours, rigorous expectations for low salary
productive
Twos lead teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
Learn a lot. Learn my passion for kids, and my goal to get certified as a teacher. A typical day was helping my class get potty train. They were a fun bunch, had great memory and love the funs lessons we planned. The hardest part was management and sometimes trying to make every parents happy. as each had there own idea of how to run the classroom.
A loving caring establishment that offers quality care to the enrolled families.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
Bright Horizons Family Solutions was a great company to work for only reason that I left was do to a lack of work as a substitute teacher and I was not interested in becoming permanent although the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Receiving unconditional love from the children.
Cons
Leaving to go to a different center after getting attached to the children at the previous center.
Productive and Energizing workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 23, 2017
1.) Quick-paced days
2.) Children learn everyday
3.) Good Management
4.) Respectable culture
5.) Positive Guidance for the children
6.) Spending time with the children
Pros
Being apart of the children's early learning stages
Cons
wages
Fun work place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2017
Fun company to work for. Very supportive company. They offered a ton of hands on training. Throughout the year. It is a diverse company. I loved participating in special events.
great benefits poor staff connection
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2017
High turnover rate makes it difficult for progress within classrooms. Staff have good ideas but a lack of time to connect with team, make it difficult for problems to get resolved.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
need better classroom ratio's
Resource Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2017
This place was great to work at. I loved all of the staff and the parents were great. I only left because my commute increased after I moved. I would definitely recommend this company.
Co-workers and families are what made it great
Infant teacher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2017
Management leaves something to be desired... They are not very supportive of their workers and do not have your back when you bring issues to them. They were also not willing to work around a situation I was having at home and needed to switch my hours for a period of time.
Cons
dealing with management
Fun place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2017
Bright Horizons is one of the best places I have worked! I love the fact that they are a global company, and they are everything I was looking for in taking my child to a center!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Reviews by Location