Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Great work life balance
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2016
I worked with a Bright Horizons back up care center and I loved every minute of it! The people I worked with were helpful, thoughtful and supportive. The families changed frequently since it was only a backup care center but they were great to work with and you meet many different people this way.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
poor salary
Excellent place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2015
The benefits are amazing in this company. I truly miss working for this company. I felt appreciated and learned so much. The only complaint I would ever have about this company is some of the management was questionable. But, like any company, you can usually look past the office politics.
Pros
Benefits are AMAZING
Cons
questionable management at times
Fun place to work!
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAJuly 27, 2016
• Collaborate with a talented team of early childhood professionals
• Develop emergent curriculum that is designed to inspire children
• Partner with parents to support, guide and share in their child’s growth and development
• Impact the lives of children and families each and every day
Best school I ever worked at!!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2016
I miss working for Bright Horizons! It was a great place, I loved everything about the school! The only reason I left was the commute was too difficult. The school loved the families and children!!! The co workers were the absolute best!
Pros
Children, co workers, pay
Cons
Far commute for me
Leader in their field
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 19, 2016
I have worked for this company for many years; both through good times and bad. While the monetary compensation and benefits are lacking, the overall culture of this company is phenomenal.
Pros
somewhat flexible work hours, family friendly, loving company
Cons
high stress, low pay
Very good benefits
Educator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2016
I loved working with the other co teachers and getting to know the families. The children were great! The hardest thing about being there was getting support from management.
Pros
the kids
Cons
short breaks
great experience ,awesome team
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 18, 2016
Thankful for the lifetime experience provided to me being an active employee.I had a wonderful ,understanding boss at Bright horizon .Everyone worked as a team and cared for others as a unit family . very professional and a great place to start your career with lots of opportunities to move up the scale.
Great Company for excelling.
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2015
Bright Horizons is a great company, providing opportunities for advancement. I have worked for the company for over 4 years and was provided the opportunity to become apart of the admin. team due to my excellent job performance. They company will also encourage you to transfer with in the company for promotional reasons.

Comment – January 5, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience working for Bright Horizons! We strive to provide a variety of career paths for our employees, so it is great to hear that you saw the opportunities for growth. Thank you for all you do to support children and families every day.

Worst job I have ever had
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 6, 2015
Management within this company is extremely poor. Not only do employees barely make enough or do not make enough to get by, management bullies employees and goes out of their way to make employees feel as if there is no job security whatsoever. I would never suggest anyone work for this company. The only thing this position taught me was that I never want to work in childcare ever again.
Pros
Cons
Short or no breaks, bad management, lack of respect for employees
A wonderful company with awesome staff, families, and of course the children
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 21, 2016
Working at a preschool no day is the same. You have to be ready with whatever comes your way, along with changing plans. Always about plan B and C when A doesn't go as planned with the children. Having the children run up to me in the morning and not leave at the end of the day, reassured I did my job to the fullest.
Very safe, productive and fun place to work.
School Age Teacher/ Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 2, 2016
Worked there for a few short months before getting married and it was so safe and the best job I've ever worked at. Very welcoming, fun and energetic work environment and the kids are adorable to watch grow each day.
Only if you love children.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2016
The children are the best part of the date. Some people in management don't do their job. If management messes up it is brought apond the teachers. Too much goofing off. Really hard to move up in the company. Takes years. A lot of favoritism.
Pros
Great salary.
Cons
Lack of communication.
Irregularity stuffing
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 9, 2016
New hires not well prepared for the job, so often taking care of a classroom on your own plus an adult. This made the day much difficult and stressful.
Pros
training are paid
Cons
no parking lot available for everyone around the building, is mostly taken by admin. the bigger parking lot is as far as 10 minutes walk from the buildings.
Kinder prep teacher
Kinder-prep teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 31, 2016
I have worked here for a very short time, however I have a graduate degree in childhood development. I am a solo teacher, with zero experience. The only training that I have been given has been sporadic time in front of a computer. I have 16 kids, 5 of whom are special needs, 1 of which is violent towards my other students. My director is not interested in doing anything about the violent child, so I guess that my other kids will continue to be victimized. The ratio is absurd even with average children, but with 5 severely special needs this is just dangerous.

As for materials, I asked for a dry erase marker 4 days ago and still don't have one. I asked for information about the health plan offered and have never gotten any information whatsoever . But you can bet that they wanted my write up for the parents by the due date. It's obvious that the only thing that matters to this company is the balance sheet, to the detriment of the children who go here.

Obviously, I am looking for another job (along with half of the teachers here), now I am just trying to decide if it's worth staying here until I find something else. I really don't think it is.
Pros
Nothing? Maybe a paragraph on a resume
Cons
No breaks, borderline illegal ratios, no support at all, no materials, pathetic pay.

Comment – April 21, 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. As a company, Bright Horizons is committed to providing high-quality education programs and excellent care for children. Ensuring our employees have a supportive environment in which to carry out their work is a huge part of this; the emphasis on providing thorough (and meaningful) trainings and different avenues for support are meant to help all our employees achieve high levels of confidence and success within their roles. We are sorry that your personal experience has left you without this impression and want to address your concerns. We take any staffing issues (such as ratio) and the safety of the children extremely seriously. Please know that you can reach out to your HR Manager and/or Regional manager to share details on these issues. You also can contact our HR Concerns inbox with information or send an email to wearelistening@brighthorizons.com so that we can directly address these concerns and help support you as an employee.

Still New
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 21, 2016
I'm still new to Bright Horizons and still learning their system. The management is okay, easy to approach and talk to (but forgetful if things are not in writing or through email). I enjoy the working relationships I have with my co-workers, children and the families.
No Words
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 4, 2016
A very stable work environment. They do allow you to move up in the company but its not what you know it is who you know. While working her I never worried about job stability.
Pros
Food was always provided during staff meetings.
Cons
Management have a lack of communciation.
Productive and fun place
Sub Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2016
I would go in at 8:30 and would check the door to the office to see if she left a sticky note to tell me what classes I would be in for the day.
Pros
Love my co-workers, and the director worked with you when it came to hours.
Cons
Wasn't a full time postion
Ok
Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 16, 2016
I enjoy working here but sometimes management is a little hard on you. There is a lot of paperwork and things to keep up to date on in which it feels like there's not enough time in the day to finish.
Pros
free lunch, fast days, play with kids
Cons
constantly busy, under-appreciated
Fun place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 29, 2016
The staff and administatrive team are always really friendly and helpful. Everyone works as a team and helps eachother out if needed. Admin always helps you out with your schedule especially if you are working and in school.
Management Unorganized
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2016
Management is unorganized. They workers don't feel appreciated. You have to work on snow days. No structure. The families are really sweet for the most part.
Pros
Children & Families
Cons
Horrible management

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Reviews by Location