Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

work background
childhood Lead Teacher Infant/Toddler Specialist (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good insurance, well work enviroment
Cons: salary
I have been with Bright Horizons for almost five years. I have worked for a back up center and now at a full time center. I enjoy coming to work everyday, I love working with children. I have expressed moving up with the company in a management position.
Educational experience
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Clearfield, PAJanuary 27, 2015
I learned a great deal about psychiatry during my time there. I generally had a very full work schedule on a daily basis.
Run as fast as you can from this company
Admin (Current Employee), NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the pay is decent but not great. benefits are okay if you are allowed to use them.
Cons: everything else is a con. and by con i mean this company is a con
Bright Horizons in North Carolina is a farce. A joke. Horrible. If you want to be a manager here, be prepared to be a Stepford Wife. They tell you how to talk, walk, what to wear and not to wear. You cannot be yourself here. And a work/life balance? Please! Don't ever pay in advance for vacation plans even if you have the time approved off. They will take it away if a meeting or conference or so-called "training" comes up. If you enjoy being treated to fine dining and gifts and other perks while you are told to discriminate against employees, do things that are unethical and irresponsible, treat your employees badly even if you disagree, then this could be the place for you. If you have a heart, any sort of business ethics or morals, and if you believe center staff should be treated as human beings, RUN!
Bad experience
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the children were always wonderful
Cons: management, or lack thereof
This was the worst job I have ever had. Management bullied staff and provided no support. Bright Horizons standards were not followed. For example, I was alone in my classroom the entire time working there (no assistant teacher or any help from anyone during the day) with more children in my room than even state regulations recommend. I worked at this location for almost a year and support was never given to me in my classroom. My attempts at asking for help resulted in management telling me I was a bad teacher or that I didn't love the children in my classroom. Every day I went to work I felt like I was going to get fired. Management team reduced my self-esteem to the point that I would break down and cry regularly. I am so glad to NOT work for this company anymore. It was honestly one of the worst experiences I have ever had in my life.
plenty of staff training
Educational Coordinator (Former Employee), indianapolis,indianaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: needs more diversity
Bright horizons is a great company to work for with plenty of room for training and advancement. As a manager I enjoyed working with the staff and building positive relationships with the families. The most enjoyable aspect is watching the children grow and develop.
Great coworkers, heavy workload
Floater (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: offers extensive training, great coworkers
Cons: low salary, heavy workload
This was my first job in ECE and I've learned a lot working at this center. The workload felt a little excessive being that I was only a floater but the training was good, nonetheless.
It's alright
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits, easy work load when prep time is given
Cons: management not cracking down on people taking advantage of breaks.
Good place to work, but understaffed, giving teachers not enough time to get the work done that is needed.
Fast paced somewhat strict
Primary Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Facilities need upgraded and staff arent as friendly as they ought to be with each other. Management arent as caring.
fun work place
Infant Teacher (Former Employee), downtown atlantaJanuary 6, 2015
a day at bright horizons is full of learning fun games and learning for the children co workers great teamwork
Well equipped place to work with children
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 6, 2015
Great experience as a sub,had the chance to work at different centers and get to know the dynamic of each one, practice all my classroom management skills. Great people to work with very helpful all the time.
A bright place to work
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 31, 2014
Bright Horizon is a great place to work, they really support their staff and it really a family. The parents were fun and loving
secure job
Associate Teacher (Current Employee), Marietta, GADecember 31, 2014
This is an okay company to work for in the Early Childhood field, however the management can be better with communication. The job involves a lot of documentation with little to none office hours to get it all done. There tends to be a lot of under the table activity, but I digress.
This is a very rewarding job in terms of working with children
Support Teacher (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 25, 2014
Pros: very rewarding working and making a difference in the lives of children
Cons: low pay
My experience at Bright Horizons was positive. I chose a job to work with children in order to make a difference. This job is very rewarding and allows you to give back and make a difference in the lives of young children. The atmosphere was good and I enjoyed working with my co-workers and young children. The only downside is the pay is very low.
Fun Work Place, Hours Not Consistent
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee), ConnecticutDecember 24, 2014
Though this workplace was fun, it lacks the leadership it needs.
It was an amazing experience
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 19, 2014
I have to say that the years that I spent at this company were great. I had the opportunity to travel for the company and it was amazing. I was able to move up in positions. I grew bonds with children and parents that I treasure and have today. The co workers were great and so were the directors.
Amazing
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), WatertownDecember 17, 2014
Amazing, it was a temporary job but the enviornment was friendly and amazing!
A warm and creative school center for the children/families and the teachers who work there
Primary Teacher (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 6, 2014
Along with caring and promoting independence and self-help skills for growing infants/toddlers to pre-kindergarten leveled children, teachers plan weekly curriculum based on interests of the children using hands-on project approach. Curriculum provides families to be in touch with what their children are doing at school and also allows them to be involved in classroom activities or events. Teachers also provide day to day highlights specifically for each child that is to be brought home usually including their child's strengths or what they are currently working on that day. We also create newsletters monthly that illustrates all the events and projects our classroom has experienced. A typical classroom day would include plenty of outdoor play, sensory projects, creative art activities, sometimes field studies or field trips all depending on the type of curriculum we are focusing on that month. I have learned exponentially since working at Bright Horizons about interacting with children that best allow them to learn on their own. I learned how to work as a team with my co-teachers and allowing each teacher to use their strengths and supporting each other even during stressful times. I've learned how to also manage our time efficiently with the amount of prep time we are allowed that day, always planning ahead whether it is for curriculum, planning events, preparing children for activities, or even scheduling breaks for each teacher. I would say the most difficult part of the job is usually when a co-teacher(s) call in sick and having to manage the classroom with a substitute – more... teacher(s) for the day who may not know how to deal with the children and is not familiar with classroom routines. I really enjoy working with children and creating new ways for them to learn. Finding support and respect from your co-teachers, families, and lead administration definitely makes a huge difference in a teacher's work performance. I love being involved in planning out curriculum with my teammates and thinking of fun and eventful ways that would really appeal to our kids and that would also have families be involved in what we are doing. I also appreciate that Bright Horizons have allowed teachers the freedom to create our curriculum as we fit for our children in the classrooms. Finally, I love witnessing the growth and development of our children and seeing that what we are teaching them has really made a difference in their lives. – less
I loved the kids and parents but management had poor professional skills and a lack of positivity for the teachers
Primary Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2014
Whatever these people are about.money not about.there so.callwd.heart principles
A great temporary job
Lead Kindergarten Prep Teacher (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 2, 2014
Pros: scheduling, benefits, families
Cons: breaks, lack of support, low wages
In the early stages of my career with this company I enjoyed the work environment, staff and wage. As I moved forward with the company and was promoted to lead teacher and ran my own classroom I began to no longer feel the same. I became over worked,stressed, unsupported and no longer felt I was paid enough for what I was expected to do.
Enjoyable place to work .
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix,azDecember 1, 2014
Pros: nice people great kids
Cons: hours
I enjoyed all the people i have been able to meet and work with ,

About Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions is a leading provider of early education and preschools, employer-sponsored child care, back-up – Read more

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Salaries

Teacher
$25,000 per year

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Photos

Outdoor learning experiences...
The First Week of School @AML 2009~Ms. Audrey's Class.