Bright House Networks

Bright House Networks Employer Reviews

Good Work place
Customer Care Professional I (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Its a great place to work.They really take care of there employee's.
Retention of Customers
Retention Speciliest (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: helping clients with their complaints.
Cons: managers not in sinc.
I was recruited to help retain customers, in a (2) Second Tier escalation department for a cable company. I learned to listen to customers complaints, provide them with understanding and then offer them a solution to the complaint. The hardest part of this job was that our department had 5 managers and each had they own process on finding the best solution, which became very confusing. In the end, the company ended up shutting the department down.
Great
QUALITY LEAD (Former Employee), Auburndale, FloridaJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not too flexible when it comes to hours
Great place to work, great environment and the management is stupendous. Hardest part of the job is answering the phones and getting to know everyone's personalities. I learned how to interact and coach all 200 agents and made sure that they were performing.
Customer service week for reps
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), DeLand, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: dinner on night of company christmas party
During customer service week reps had to identify different gooey textures hidden in boxes in order to win tickets to win bigger prizes. Customer service week happens once a year and reps enjoy it.
A company that knows how to treat their employees
Business Solutions Account Executive (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Bright House Networks is a great company to work for, they have amazing benefits and they know how to treat their employees.
THE TRUTH ABOUT BRIGHT House.We were laid off
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Hudson, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: my friends
Cons: management, hr. no true in heart
I am a former employee of 7 years.THE GOOD ! REVIEWS about Bright House are wrong..

I was a CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE PROFESSIONAL / field work . Hudson, FL . FROM Oct.2006 to May 2013. ( HILLSBOROUGH, WESLEY CHAPEL and HUDSON)

■■After 7 years my whole department was laid off on 05/01/2013. We had a meeting at the Marriott hotel in St Petersburg at 1030am. At 1031am, we were told the ENTIRE department was closed. Our supervisors and GM, were let go earlier THAT morning. Chances to be relocated, forget about it. HR, LIERS.didnt care.The aptitude towards us, were heartless.just hypocrisy. Could NOT believe their heartless feelings.It is all about numbers .all of our talent,training,etc gone !!. I loved BH.broke my heart.all is just plain B.S. all that "HELLO friend", well where were you old friend. But got money for BIG commercials and poor equipment, signal,internet dropping more that rain.. We all were just plain numbers,no loyalty from them or anybody in corporate America. YES !! we were laid off from Bright House. – We were asked, if leaving the company, provide 2 weeks notice.But, when laying US OFF, IT WAS IN LESS THAN A MINUTE. Where is the so called HELLO FRIEND LOYALTY. MY TEAM worked so hard.We/I built good raptor and communication with customers.. BRIGHT HOUSE concept of caring is hollow, soulless.. THE HELLO FRIEND ,TO BE WITH YOU, is a lie. I lost my home. Almost 2 years to find something. HR ? Didn't care at all.. This is for US, " THE FORGOTTEN ONES WHOM GAVE OUR HEARTS AND SOUL TO a soulless company that portraits caring . YES, WE WERE LAID OFF IN A MINUTE AT THE MARRIOT HOTEL"● HENCE, the NEW JOB SEEKERS?; Look some place else!!!!!!! There is no security and loyalty in a heartless environment such as Bright House. ●■ and they made sure not to announce what they have done to all of US . Well, hear me. Tell all !!! IT IS UNFAIR.IS THIS THE USA?? ●■
High stress, dog eat dog mentality and unobtainable goals.
Account Executive II (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management, training, unrealistic goals and micromanagement.
BHN was a great place to work 2 years ago when I started, alas the culture has changed.

The sales force has better than quadrupled, we have saturated the market and of the 60 original B2B sales reps the number 10 rep is attaining only 60% of plan. There are 5 people hitting goal and they are fed leads/referrals by mgmt. or buy them from internal employees.

The entire sales force is down between $25-40,000 this past year and churn is aproaching 65%.

Initially I came here because of their reputation, the tenure was unheard of, nobody left. Since July of 2013 they have changed that culture 180 degrees. Many of our top reps have left and the revolving door is still spinning.

The most enjoyable part for me is cold calling, although my biggest competition is from other BHN reps working the same area.

The hardest part is the false promises from upper management
(they will make changes in Marvember, this has been the promise since February 2013), micromanagement, pushing an impossible task and competing for sale's in the same territory with other BHN reps.

More than 50% of staff is under 25% of plan. This translates to a poor job at hiring or an unrealistic goal.
Good company to start a career in technology.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Riverview, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Paid on the job training. Full benefits. One of the top cable companies in the USA. Has competitive wages.
constant calls coming in
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: love problem resolving
Cons: only part time at time
I got this temporary job through a temp service and was aware it was a short term job. I answered questions about the rate increase to homeowners and helped adjust an affordable plan for their needs. When the job was completed I left.
Basketball in break room
Technical Care Professional (Former Employee), Maitland, FLDecember 30, 2014
Assisting residential subscribers in resolving internet, phone (VoIP), and TV issues / Making phone soft switches to provision phone usage / developing private LANs in subscribers home for optimum use / educating subscribers how to develop their own private network.
Administrative Lead
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), DeLand, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Great company to work for. Benefits were great and employers were fair and helpful
Great opportunity but bad for business
Service Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits and overtime
Cons: no communication, and too much work for little pay.
I prefer to work with a company that is organized, and that communicates with their employees, and knows how to train their employees the correct way, instead of sending them out into the field setup for failure. But I did learn about the cable industry and I do appreciate the leads that helped along the way to make sure that I understood what I was working with and how to troubleshoot the proper way so that the subscriber's service can be within specification.
Management truly does not care about you. Believe me
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Melbourne, FloridaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: management
A typical day at BrightHouse is back to back calls with customers inquiring about their bill or concerned about their services not working properly. I did learn how to de-escalate an angry customer. The management is bad. They want someone that is going to dedicate themselves to the call center bending over backwards for EVERY single customer. Its one thing to deal with non-stop calls(And I do mean non-stop, no down-time except for your break of course) but then the management gets on you about your sales on top of it all. That was the hardest part of the job. Management would like you to find a way to build a rapport and sales some stuff at the same time.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
The turn-over rate in the call center is crazy high. (They just hire and fire relentlessly) If you aren't ready to dedicate your life to this call center, don't bother.
*If you're old/ambitionless this job is for you. Otherwise you're going to get a couple checks and leave. I promise
Something different everyday
Field Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2014
Pros: request additional work upon completion, custom vehicle, fuel compensation
Cons: provide own tools
A typical work day was never typical, it was different everyday. I had to improvise quite often since I didn't have a $3,000 meter. I learned that each cable company (either satellite or CaTV) use different types of cable splitters which sometimes aren't compatible with the other. The dispatchers were very friendly, and always excited to help. The hardest part of the daily work was to finish the given work order on time during snowy conditions, which could be made up during the easier work orders. I really enjoyed the one-on-one customer/technician experience to answer any possible questions about the equipment or service and to display that I could independently complete the expected work without direct supervision.
Fast paced environment with rewarding benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, flNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free cable and internet svcs, great health benefits
Cons: promotions within not standardized
Engage in positive customer interactions, speaking to an estimated 60-100+ customers in a typical 8 hour work day. Being a brand ambassador for the company's products as well as an advocate to the customer, matching them with the best products for their everyday needs. In this position I learned time management, punctuality, and working as part of a team. Everyday I improved my ability to communicate to individuals in both a professional and a human manner. Management coached us to do better and reach for higher goals. My fellow coworkers worked as part of a team, helping each other out when needed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a highly upset customer. To find a resolution we would have to understand their point of view as to why they are frustrated, and show them the best resolution. The most enjoyable part of the job was volunteering within the community as a company spokesperson.
Not meant for people with outside obligations, or children
Sales Agent (Former Employee), indianapolis,inNovember 23, 2014
Not meant for people with outside obligations, or children
Productive Workplace, Fun, Challenging.
Commercial Account Executive B2B (Former Employee), Orlando,FLNovember 20, 2014
Well structured, challenging, fulfilling company.
Management is organized but need more real life input.
Coworkers are the best part of the job!
Hardest part is competition undercuttung our offers.
Stressful
Csp III (Current Employee), Maitland, FLNovember 9, 2014
This company has gone through a lot of changes, not all where to the benefit of the employees. Sometimes at a detriment to team work. The biggest issue is not having pertinent information in a timely manner in order to perform essential job functions
bright house tech
Combo Tech (Current Employee), Homewood, ALNovember 1, 2014
the job was ok, the pay could have been better and management sucked this was a third party company.
Don't be a contractor
Cable Technician/Subcontractor (Former Employee), Cocoa, FLOctober 30, 2014
Being an hourly employee is what you should do. I'll save you an essay and just tell you not to waste your time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bright House Networks

Bright House Networks is a leading provider of entertainment and information services serving approximately one million customers – Read more

Bright House Networks Photos