Bright House Networks Employee Reviews in United States

Great Benefits and the public loves our customer service
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 16, 2016
The company isn't bad to work for t all great health and employee benefits. Great community involvement, I must say they try to make work as fun as possible and our picnics are very nice, I do feel like they go all out for the employees. However, I don't like working on the phones in a cube farm so I don't fit here now. I worked for Bright House since 2003 and in 2013 my entire department was laid off. So after being off of work I am happy to be working and to be working at Bright House. Personally I would like to be doing something else. I have to drive from Hudson to St. Pete everyday ts a long drive and I wish the pay made up for it. Again, this is not the fault of the company Pasco County is void of any kind of industry so if i wasn't driving to St. Pete I'd be driving somewhere else an hour from where I live.
Benefits
Good Benifits/ Fun to work at untill new managment
Service Technician level 3 PC (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 12, 2016
I worked in 3 departments at BHN each different. Overall the company was fantastic, great benefits good work environment good people. For the most part people were intelligent and knew what they were doing. Once I move to the field as a PC tech it was even more so. I was used for all sorts of projects and jobs give my extensive background in Computer IT. Once we got new management my job was forcibly changed and I was made to do a lot more things away from my job description, they expected so much more we were unable to do our daily jobs effectively.
Pros
free breakfast and sometime other meals, Benfits
Cons
horrible hours (in the field) no respect, rude managers/supervisors

Comment – February 24, 2016

First of all, thank you for all of your hard work at Bright House Networks. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed being part of our team and working in diverse departments.! Thanks for your feedback on management – we will make sure to share it with the appropriate departments.

Excellent work culture
Customer Service and Sales Representative II (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 3, 2016
Supportive management team, excellent benefits and friendly work environment. Outstanding training program, opportunities for advancement and comfortable surroundings. Merging with Charter Communications in second quarter of 2016.

Comment – April 15, 2016

Hi, thank you for sharing your positive experience as a customer service representative on Indeed! We’re glad you enjoyed our benefits and training program in DeLand, FL.

Daily Function
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2016
Developed HR department for the corporate office. Office grew from 8 employees to 40 employees. Managed recruiting, interviewing and employee relations. Managed on boarding processing, payroll, benefits, etc. Played the role of office manager too. Managed all office needs.
Pros
great opportunities and strong company
Cons
both presidents were challenging to work for
Well established company that generally supports their workers
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 9, 2016
Great benefits, above average compensation, some very excellent managers and also some questionable managers. Overall majority of staff have been on board for more than 10 years+.

Comment – April 15, 2016

Hi there, thank you for your great review! We’re glad you enjoyed being part of our team in Maitland, FL.

Good place to work, great benefits, and good teamwork
Service Technician I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Bright House Networks is a great company to work for, the health benefits are spot on. Employee rewarding through extra commission and employ points rewards to buy goods is an extra benefit.
Pros
Technical training, Meeting people, Travel around your HUB
Cons
Somtimes short breaks
good work enviroment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 9, 2016
great team and work environment with great benefits with a ton of support.
down side is employee retention and constant turnover of supervisors and work schedule changes every 6 months
Pros
update atmospher
Cons
work tools and systems are consistently down
Once great company has fallen...
Priority Resolutions Professional (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2015
I started working for Bright House Networks in 2012, I was hired into their technical support position in their Orlando office. I can honestly say the first six months of working there was amazing. Tons of positive re-enforcement, lots of respect from fellow co-workers, as well as tons of motivational activities. But right around the time I was transferred to new department I was noticing a disturbing trend coming through the call center floor. We went from an employee concentric set up to very much turning into your atypical call center numbers game. Why this isn't uncommon, I feel this cost us to loose a lot of good people who had helped Bright House establish their former positive customer view. In the ensuing year and a half I was in my final position, I watched ridiculous policy changes, and a sort of house cleaning come through.

Bright House is now a shell of what it was when I was hired, and I cannot imagine what it looks like to those where there long before I was. The pay is still very competitive for the market there, but the non monetary compensation and environment almost make it not worth it. However they do usually have food trucks on site during the week which was nice.
Pros
Pay base
Cons
Management Attitude, odd company policies
Great Benfits, Awful Work Environment
Technical Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 4, 2015
If you're on the phones, this is a completely horrific place to work. You are metaphorically chained to your desk unless you're on your designated break. If you have to use the bathroom, have fun explaining that to your supervisor, who will be watching every second you're not talking to a customer.

This is not a welcoming Environment, at all. The only bonus, is the Benfits are fantastic.

No work life balance at all. And if your stats aren't up to par, you'll be stuck with whatever shift they give you. Did I mention the stats are fairly arbitrary? Depending on how the person who's scoring your calls feels that day.

Turn over rate is very high. Out of a training class of almost 30 people, there's less than 10 of us left in less than a year. They claim job satisfaction, because everyone leaves as soon as they find better employment, instead of being fired.
Benefits
Cons
Management, scheduling, scoring.

Comment – October 26, 2015

Hello, thank you for your review – we read every single one. Thanks for bringing the comments of work life balance to our attention – have you shared your opinions in one of our internal focus groups? Our employees are our top priority. We will pass on your suggestions to the management team.

Excellent Company
Event Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 19, 2015
Great corporate culture. Excellent benefits. Great place to work. No complaints. The company management cares a lot about their employees. They go out of their way to help each and every to attain their career goals.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Competitive salary.
Cons
Sometime stressful.

Comment – December 7, 2015

Hi there, Thanks for your kind review. We’re especially glad that you felt management was supportive of you as an employee. Thank you for being part of our team!

Good company, management needs some trust building practice
Quality Lead (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 26, 2016
On a typical work day I spend a lot of time answering questions in our group chat. We are also given various projects by management. We're often given projects in areas that we don't necessarily have any sway over which is frustrating. Recently the entire group of leads lost the sales commission making us the only group in the Customer Service department to not make any commission off of sales. We were told this was to put us in line with the other call centers except the other call centers moved the sales game responsibilities to the supervisors since they still make sales commission and are thus more motivated. So we are regularly doing work we are not compensated in-line with our counterparts at different field location. That's the biggest issue with the company is the inconsistency with management. The company is great, the benefits are great and for the most part the job has the potential to be very interesting. We get to work with agents to make them better at their job, any time there is a change (which in telecommunications is often) we get to train the others in the department which is a fun challenge. This is a very relaxed atmosphere for a call center. We encourage the agents to be self-motivating and responsible for themselves and their calls. There are no handle time limits on calls and there is no scripting which makes it feel more caring for the customer and the agent. The biggest challenge is the senior management doesn't communicate well with each other. There 5 managers and 8 supervisors. If each are asked the same question one would get 13 different answers  more... which can be frustrating. The company does promote from within frequently so there is opportunity to work for the same company and move through various departments which is great. Overall the company's attitude is very encouraging. If they could get the senior management all on the same page it'd be 5 stars all across.  less
Pros
Free cable/hsd/phone services, free food often, agents attitudes, potential for growth
Cons
Poor management communication, inconsistent goals

Comment – April 15, 2016

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad to know that you appreciate our benefits and our kind of work. We’ve read your comments on management and communication. We strive to keep the lines of communication open and efficient. We will pass your feedback onto the appropriate departments. Thanks for being part of our Clearwater, FL team!

great place
Service Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLNovember 14, 2015
worked for this company for over 7 years and they are a very good company to work for and you also have great benefits like dental and vision and healthcare along with free cable service.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
over-time, on call, late shifts
Wonderful Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 25, 2016
I see a lot of negative comments. These bother me. Working for this company is one of the best choices I have made. Sure, there are certain metrics that are asked of you, monthly. Don't most jobs have goals or statistics? They are not out of reach at all. I consistently exceed the minimum statistics asked. I love working for a company that holds it customers high and wants them to receive great customer service. Everyone is very nice. All of the supervisors are willing to help you, not just your main supervisor. The managers are great as is the head of the call floor. There is plenty of room to move up, whether it is just in your department or into other departments. I really have no negative things to say about this company.
Pros
Family Fun Night, Christmas Parties, Benefits, Incentives

Comment – June 20, 2016

Hi there – we’re so happy to read your review! Thanks for making our Maitland, Florida team awesome.

Provided constant training and had great benefits, long demanding hours
Customer Development Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLMay 6, 2016
Bright House was a very fast paced goal driven environment. There were strict time constraints and the hours were late with weekends as well as major holidays mandatory. I loved the position. I was able to cultivate an environment of learning by creating and delivering sales and customer service training's to over 150 agents. The company constantly provided training for management as well. I also loved the interview and hiring process and was trained how to facilitate job fairs. Even with the demands this company was very rewarding. I only left do to my department being moved to the St. Pete area. It was too long of a commute from Lakeland where I lived at the time.
Pros
Benefits, compensation and ongoing training
Cons
Demanding hours

Comment – June 20, 2016

Hello. Thank you for sharing your experience as a customer development supervisor. We’re glad you found our work environment engaging and beneficial. We appreciate all your hard work and wish you the best.

Good if you are SINGLE with No Children
Technical (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 19, 2016
Pay starts out very low but increases if you put in the years....There are SHIFT BIDS every 6 months based on a very flawed and unfair criteria. So if you are OK with your life and schedule changing every 6 months this is the place for you. If you need stability and are not single or have children it is NOT the place for you as they will tell you "this may not be the place for you" if you need to get to your children for school, daycare, or whatever. You may find yourself working Mon-Fri 8-5PM then all of a sudden you're working Graveyard shift with Wed and Fri off. Beware.....Benefits were good but are being widdled away each year and the cost of living increases each year do not cover the cost of insurance increase each year. Advancement opportunities are very scarce. Low level managers or Supervisors are OK but decrease all around on the higher levels with little care for anyone. Job culture is good.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Lots listed in description

Comment – June 20, 2016

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review – we read all of them. We’re sorry to hear about your scheduling experience. We want to reassure you that we truly value our employees, and we will be sure to share your feedback with our management team.

Changing enviornment for the worse
Specialized Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Bright House was a good company in the past however with the impending buyout in the works, management is more concerned with saving their own jobs.
Pros
free cable and internet, decent money in sales only
Cons
can be long hours, can't trust anyone.
Was an excellent company-position eliminated with the takeover by Charter Communications
Manager, Public Relations and Government affairs (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 3, 2016
Bright House was very community oriented, I was hired to build relationships and negotiate community sponsorships. I also worked with the schools and businesses to promote sever Bright House initiatives. Very rewarding position worked with many community leaders and represented Bright House at many community events. Basically I was the face of Bright House locally.
Pros
building strong community support and representing Bright House
Cons
would like to have stayed longer
Door to door sales
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLJune 5, 2016
By far this is the worst job at BrightHouse. After your probation period, you will get 7.21 a hour plus commission that's if you get any sales. You have to also drive your own car plus provide the gas to drive around going door to door. You will have to be able too work in all types of weather. Be on notice that you will get (charge backs) if a customer cancel within a 105 days. That will be subtracted from your pay check. The most terrible job in the world.
Pros
Cable service for about 20.00 a month
Cons
Terrible job.
Good Benefits but Very Unorganized
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  LivoniaSeptember 23, 2015
Welcome to pretty much free cable, internet, and phone. Paid sick time and holiday pay. Plenty of OT to take advantage of. Employee Evaluations every year that have some kind of raise. These are about the only pros.

First off can they please staff accordingly seems short staffed on the weekends ALL the time. They have this 3rd party company called workforce that took over the scheduling and its atrocious. Scheduling is based on shift bids and gets to change every 6 months. They get these scores off a CARE system (certain things you have to say in call), post call surveys, sales, etc. and are graded every month. These scores are not graded consistently at all and shouldn't be used for the tech support dept. So if you do bad on these have fun working nights and the weekends for the rest of your life. No family and no life.

Management is very hands off and pretty much has meetings all the time. If you have an issue you would like to be addressed have fun getting it fixed. Training is so bad at these places reps don't even know about our current apps or services. So they just transfer ever single call to tech support.

You have to have a high patience level for this job. You will get yelled about how consistently bad your service is. Contractors and installers mess up a lot of new customers. They don't even setup wireless installs right and we have to do it over the phone.

Lastly, I repeat just make sure you have a LOT OF PATIENCE and can deal with being hands off or taking care stuff on your own. There is also no room for advancement and seems
  more... like you are going to be stuck there for years. Good Luck.  less
Loved working for my team!!
Workforce Management (WFM) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2016
Workforce Department in Orlando is by far the BEST TEAM I have EVER worked with!! The Senior WF Manager and the supervisor are the BEST leaders ever!! They care about you, are professional and work hard in being fair to all. They always provided a work/life balance atmosphere yet, knew how to roll up their sleeves to pinch in and help with work overflow.. Anyone who works with them are truly blessed! I know because I was!!