Please send a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Develop new business clients in the Building Energy Efficiency space in and around N.Y.
Bright Power works with Multifamily, Commercial and Industrial building owners to develop comprehensive energy management solutions, from solar energy to energy audits to heating system upgrades to EnergyScoreCards benchmarking. We have played an instrumental role in high profile projects such as the Via Verde development in the Bronx, the largest residential solar energy systems N.Y. state and projects that save our customers 10-40% with ROIs sometimes as low as 3-5 years.
We are looking for ambitious sales representatives to broaden our client portfolio, primarily in the New York Metro area, with potential to develop relationships beyond this area. We prefer candidates with sales experience, though not necessarily in the energy efficiency space. We are willing to train on our products and services, but you must possess strong sales skills and an ability to explain and sell technical concepts to customers that may not have technical backgrounds.
The ideal candidate should have:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proposal writing
· Stellar presentation skills, with the ability to tailor dynamic presentations to different audiences
· Creativity in locating new clients and sources of revenue
· Ability to speak confidently about technical topics
· Proven track record of closing sales
Preference will be given to candidates with:
· Experience in
· Energy efficiency
· Renewable energy (esp. solar PV, solar thermal, CSP, wind)
· Building systems, HVAC, or architecture
· Energy Star certification
· LEED, CEM, CEA, or PE Accreditation
· Experience working with government or utility energy incentive programs
· Experience in construction or building management
· Active participation in professional industry associations
· Published articles
· Teaching experience
About Bright Power:
· 25 People
· Founded in 2004 and growing by over 50% each year
· Office located in downtown Manhattan
· Hard-working, casual work environment
· Serious about delivering high quality results, while having fun in the process
· “Realistic Idealists” working to change the world in pragmatic ways
· Projects in New York City, as well as nationally and internationally
Bright Power provides energy services in the following technologies:
· Heating Systems (steam, hydronic, forced air) & Cooling Systems (AC, commercial refrigeration)
· Lighting Systems (including motion sensors and other controls)
· Electrical Systems (motors, industrial machinery, controls)
· Renewable Energy (esp. solar PV and solar thermal)
· Controls and Energy Management Systems
· Remote Energy Monitoring
· Energy Modeling (eQuest, TREAT, Energy Plus, TRNSYS)
· Energy Benchmarking, Measurement & Verification (M&V), and savings analysis
Compensation consists of base plus commission and will vary with performance.