This BrightStar caregiver is a Certified Nursing Assistant and Home Health Aide who may also perform Attendant, Homemaker and/or Companion services. This member of the home care team works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. They are responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or registered nurse supervisor.
2. Provide personal care: bathing, dressing, feeding, vitals and transporting
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Successful completion of a certified nursing assistant and home health aide program
3. Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required
4. Certified in CPR
5. Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
7. Licensed driver with automobile that is insured
The certified nursing assistant/home health aide will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the State’s Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, they will not administer medications, take physician’s orders or perform procedures requiring the training, knowledge and skill of a licensed nurse.
Must be able to stand walk, squat, bend, kneel, reach, twist, push and pull. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.